Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Just setting em up and knocking em down, TB. Relax.

Anyway, the real mistake that woman made was going to Bush in the first place. Hobby is a much better airport, and if Southwest doesn't fly somewhere, is there even really a reason to go there in the first place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

When I was a kid, I would fish in a canal built as part of a huge diversion project in North Dakota. Just one huge, long, perfectly evenly-widthed river with brutalist concrete inclines on either side at perfect 45° angles. We would catch and release the fish because they were all bullheads, which smell awful and taste worse. One time, I caught the same bullhead 4 times in a row. Not like in a day, I mean in a row. Had a very distinctive gash on its side that made it immediately recognizable. Cast out four times, catch the same fish four times. It was depressing in a way, but also astounding that it could even happen—that a fish was so dumb that it could chase the same bait four times in a row. Non Serviam definitely also knows that feeling.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Shilling for a corporation that doesn't pay you to do so remains the most pathetic thing I've ever seen online, and that's really saying something.

I don't know, your insane blabbering and persecution complex are pretty pathetic in their own right.
I'm sorry you've never achieved any degree of meaningful success, and resent those who did.
It's the same kind of insanity of people who call others "Monsanto shills" because they defend the use of gmos.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Non Serviam posted:

I'm sorry you've never achieved any degree of meaningful success, and resent those who did.

With a wink of one rheumy eye he slithered back into the water. I hung up my rod and reel after that day - just couldn't see the sport in it anymore - but if you should ever happen upon that old fishing hole, don't waste your money on bait. Just lean in close to the water's edge and whisper "hurting people is wrong." Then wait for the tiny gurgle in reply...

"Actually..."

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
I dont know how people read posts by the mentally ill person ranting about shills in every post and think "drat, he's owning everyone right now" but here we are

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

ArtIsResistance posted:

I dont know how people read posts by the mentally ill person ranting about shills in every post and think "drat, he's owning everyone right now" but here we are

Shillax :haw:

In other news, The Guardian made a handy list of Uber's PR disasters: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jun/18/uber-travis-kalanick-scandal-pr-disaster-timeline
It's a garbage fire at this point

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
My wife's company (evil insurer) made Lyft its preferred ride service because of its better LGBT policy.

So even other evil companies think Uber is too much. It's like being at a villain party and Hitler's saying, "dude, ze need to tone iz down."

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Krispy Kareem posted:

My wife's company (evil insurer) made Lyft its preferred ride service because of its better LGBT policy.

So even other evil companies think Uber is too much. It's like being at a villain party and Hitler's saying, "dude, ze need to tone iz down."

yes corporations publicly support lgbt policies because they're nice

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ArtIsResistance posted:

yes corporations publicly support lgbt policies because they're nice

You want to take another stab at reading that post? Because you hosed up real bad the first time.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

AvE takes apart a Juicero. It's overbuilt to such a degree, it's actually highly impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cp-BGQfpHQ

And a follow-up shenanigans video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVmppyflS0

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

You want to take another stab at reading that post? Because you hosed up real bad the first time.

Please don't get too aggravated over internet posts and try to spend less time on this site since it's tough to conquer issues when you're surrounded by "sadbrains" :)

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ArtIsResistance posted:

Please don't get too aggravated over internet posts and try to spend less time on this site since it's tough to conquer issues when you're surrounded by "sadbrains" :)

You either need to use more drugs, or less drugs. Probably less.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ArtIsResistance posted:

Please post better B===D

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Avenging_Mikon posted:

You either need to use more drugs, or less drugs. Probably less.

Im gonna suggest the opposite for you, and probably not recreational ones either.

Same for that other :smith:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ArtIsResistance posted:

Im gonna suggest the opposite for you, and probably not recreational ones either.

Same for that other :smith:

Actually my doctor tightly monitors my levels and is quite happy with my current mental state.

So, again, stop taking drugs. Or maybe go to TCC. You'll find some kindred souls there.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

KozmoNaut posted:

AvE takes apart a Juicero. It's overbuilt to such a degree, it's actually highly impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cp-BGQfpHQ

And a follow-up shenanigans video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVmppyflS0

I just spent an hour watching a guy deconstruct a colostomy bag squeezer for rich idiots, and it was loving fascinating.

I'm probably gonna go back and watch more of his videos later, so thanks.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

while doing research for a data entry job I came across this piece of marketing on some small home building company's site

quote:

People 55 and better are not ready to slow down; they’re ready to enjoy their middle maturity.

galenanorth has a new favorite as of 06:55 on Jul 11, 2017

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
So there's a commercial now for Phoenix University (you know, the scam college) where an animated single mom gets laid off the assembly line, so she works hard with her kids, and gets a degree and job in IT, while a sweet reworking of The Cranberries "Dreams" plays over it. Nice, saccharine, generic stuff. On Pandora, I regularly now hear a commercial for PU (heh) that just plays the song a little bit then a woman says something non-descript like "get a degree at Phoenix University!". Like, they don't talk about the place at all, they just expect you to remember their tv commercial that used the same song and that's it.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Actually my doctor tightly monitors my levels and is quite happy with my current mental state.

Ha. Self-owned

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Choco1980 posted:

So there's a commercial now for Phoenix University (you know, the scam college) where an animated single mom gets laid off the assembly line, so she works hard with her kids, and gets a degree and job in IT, while a sweet reworking of The Cranberries "Dreams" plays over it. Nice, saccharine, generic stuff. On Pandora, I regularly now hear a commercial for PU (heh) that just plays the song a little bit then a woman says something non-descript like "get a degree at Phoenix University!". Like, they don't talk about the place at all, they just expect you to remember their tv commercial that used the same song and that's it.

Apparently it works.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

ArtIsResistance posted:

Ha. Self-owned

I really don't think you're cut out for this

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Gum posted:

I really don't think you're cut out for this

if you don't want non-depressives posting on your subforum then put up a warning at least

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

ArtIsResistance posted:

if you don't want non-depressives posting on your subforum then put up a warning at least

Just stop. You really aren't good at this. At all. I mean, Tiny Brontosaurus and Avenging_Mikon aren't exactly great at this either, but at least they are better than "You mad bro? I know you are but what am I?". You misread the original comment you replied to, accept it and move on. On the bright side no-one is good at everything, and being honest about your own limitations allows for personal growth. Or you could continue dragging this out, in which case I would recommend a name change to "Washington_Generals" just to make it clear to passers by exactly how easy it is to dunk on you.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Because they're lovely and dumb, dude. Most bad opinions voiced online aren't somebody faking for attention, there's just an ignorant and hateful person on the other end. Crying "troll!" every time you see an rear end in a top hat doesn't make you look smart, it makes you look hysterical.

Shilling for a corporation that doesn't pay you to do so remains the most pathetic thing I've ever seen online, and that's really saying something.

counterpoint:

reddit.com/r/incels

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

SiKboy posted:

Just stop. You really aren't good at this. At all. I mean, Tiny Brontosaurus and Avenging_Mikon aren't exactly great at this either, but at least they are better than "You mad bro? I know you are but what am I?". You misread the original comment you replied to, accept it and move on. On the bright side no-one is good at everything, and being honest about your own limitations allows for personal growth. Or you could continue dragging this out, in which case I would recommend a name change to "Washington_Generals" just to make it clear to passers by exactly how easy it is to dunk on you.

in a pyf race to see who can drop the sickest burn he who replies "lol k" is king

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

edit: oh I forgot this was the Dumb Marketing Moves thread, not the memes/macros thread. Uh, here.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

The actual motherfucking gently caress??? I don't want to believe that this kind of racism could just show up in American culture but I know it does :smith:

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

edit: oh I forgot this was the Dumb Marketing Moves thread, not the memes/macros thread. Uh, here.

Best part is that they completely undermine their own joke by choosing what's probably one of the guys most flattering photos

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Neon Noodle posted:

The actual motherfucking gently caress??? I don't want to believe that this kind of racism could just show up in American culture but I know it does :smith:

I don't see how showing an unattractive Chinese woman is racist

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Am I the racist, or is that Kim Jong Un?

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Yeah you know, the bad thing about KJU is not his physical appearance. Jesus Christ.

What I'm saying is, I would date Kim Jong Un.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
More tasteless than racist, but it's about what I'd expect from a company that really isn't interested in protecting its image. "I'm shocked and appalled that the website I use to cheat on my wife has stooped to bodyshaming; I'm taking my cheating elsewhere!"

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014

FrozenVent posted:

Am I the racist, or is that Kim Jong Un?

See that North Korean flag in the background?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I love how the Ashley Madison name is just two popular names mashed together. I thought it was a person or something.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Sir Lemming posted:

More tasteless than racist, but it's about what I'd expect from a company that really isn't interested in protecting its image. "I'm shocked and appalled that the website I use to cheat on my wife has stooped to bodyshaming; I'm taking my cheating elsewhere!"

Wait, saying someone is ugly is "bodyshaming" now?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Osama Dozen-Dongs posted:

See that North Korean flag in the background?

So what, maybe it's just a random patriotic citizen.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Johnny Aztec posted:

Face is part of the body, right? It sounded funny, at least.

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014

Johnny Aztec posted:

It is when they're fat.

I'm more at a loss as to where the racism is, I guess just that it's a POC portayed negatively?

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Osama Dozen-Dongs posted:

It is when they're fat.

I'm more at a loss as to where the racism is, I guess just that it's a POC portayed negatively?
Seeing as probably a lot of the people using Ashley Madison are not what you'd call "lookers," it seems like a really cheap shot at Asian ethnicity. Like, they could have used a picture of a chubby white guy? But then they'd risk alienating their customers. KJU is just a kinda chunky Korean man. If you're a kinda chunky white guy (this is America, after all), what exactly are you comparing yourself to in that billboard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

oh no the website people use to have affairs is utilizing bodyshaming in their ads they're gonna lose soooo much business