Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

ughhhh posted:

Any advice on dealing with cavalry for different races (I've been toying around with empire and dwarves)? Specifically hounds and chariots?

Even if I make my spearmen lines deep the chariots keep moving through them. They rout then comeback and I can't seem to trap them. The only tactic I have found as a good counter to this is to turtle up on a corner of the map but that's just a boring way to play...

Also how do I use demigrif knights? They seem lacking.

Chariots will always be the bane of dwarfs. I did a playthrough of dwarfs and Chaos the faction was 900x easier to deal with than Varg/Skaeling for this reason.

That being said, great weapon rangers are pretty good against them if you don't want to deal with firing lines of thunderers. Slayers are supposedly good but the AI micromanages chariots so well, your slayers will likely spend a good long time chasing.

When fighting Chaos/Norsca, only bring great weapons. The extra ranged defense is pretty meh since they'll become useless against chariots. Ironbreakers are good though because of the ranged weapons. Irondrakes too, but be sure to also bring some thunderers for chariots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
Anyone know what the Mysterious Figure is in the most recent total war ritual?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Kaza42 posted:

That's obviously confirmation that Ogre Kingdoms are 4th race.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Kaza42 posted:

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Does anyone know if there's a way to change in which order mods get loaded?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Thanquol only survives because his god considers him too funny to die.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Flakey posted:

Does anyone know if there's a way to change in which order mods get loaded?

They are sorted alphabetically, just change the name of the .packs, this will gently caress with steam workshop updates though since it won't recognize the mod anymore.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Glenn Quebec posted:

Quoting this so I can add it to my mod list when I get home. Sounds awesome. Is it a more compatible mod?

The creator made it surprisingly compatible since it doesn't change unit stats like melee defense and attack and whatever, though balance isn't guaranteed because formation spacing is still a massive factor in how battles play out. It's been working fine with SFO, in my experience.

J Bloo
Mar 20, 2009
Thanks for the beastmen tips everyone. Burning through civilisation nicely now!

Lost my second starting horde to the Fay enchantress but one horde seems easier, at least in terms of economy.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

toasterwarrior posted:

The creator made it surprisingly compatible since it doesn't change unit stats like melee defense and attack and whatever, though balance isn't guaranteed because formation spacing is still a massive factor in how battles play out. It's been working fine with SFO, in my experience.

There's an SFO compatibility patch mod now, fwiw.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Downloading that brutal battle mod now. It looks exceptional.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Might also be a verminlord

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

unwantedplatypus posted:

Might also be a verminlord

I want to believe.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Kaza42 posted:

Pontus confirmed for 4th race

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Holy crap I laughed out loud at this and feel so ashamed

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

God I wouldn't even be mad

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
A lovingly-crafted Pontus glued onto Lustria and announced with totally-serious fanfare is now my dream faction, move over skaven, gently caress you purple elves

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

If there is a new thread for 2 that absolutely needs be the title.

I dont know fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 11, 2017

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Lmao

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There's an SFO compatibility patch mod now, fwiw.

Awesome.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Sweet sweet Twc nerd rage.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
New video up, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-8RQCwevAk

High Elf Gameplay.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

So good.

I've always loved the shiny elves Aesthetic, and the Lizardmen continue to look amazing. I'm going to be sweating bullets trying to decide what race to play first when the game comes out, and we haven't even seen Dark Elves or Skaven yet.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

holy gently caress the magic looks so much cooler

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Alright, I wasn't sold on the HElves before cause it just seemed like a reskinned Empire or something but I'm sold now.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I kinda like how high elf gear all looks like it's made of plastic.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Well that looks loving awesome.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

2 months and eighteen days.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

So I like playing as the Empire (if we're not going to get a Thirty Years Total War then by god I'll play the faction closest to it), but I hate being the first line of defense against Chaos, because I'm bad at it. How much would I screw up game mechanics if I started an Empire game where the first thing I did was march my armies down to the Border Princes or Tilea or some such and just set up shop down there, and left the Empire proper to its own devices?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I really like what they've done with the elf and lizard graphics. Both factions in the tabletop suffered from a lot of aging, 90s-rear end models and really samey paint jobs despite being very obvious choices for lots of bright, crazy colours. Child-me would've been stoked to see them in glorious 1080p like this. And I'm so glad the main factions aren't stuck with the generic blue/gold colours that elves and lizards both always got.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Ofaloaf posted:

So I like playing as the Empire (if we're not going to get a Thirty Years Total War then by god I'll play the faction closest to it), but I hate being the first line of defense against Chaos, because I'm bad at it. How much would I screw up game mechanics if I started an Empire game where the first thing I did was march my armies down to the Border Princes or Tilea or some such and just set up shop down there, and left the Empire proper to its own devices?

Mechanically it'll be fine, but there will be less ways to expand down there and you'll be next door neighbors with the Greenskins (unless the Dwarves beat them). And Chaos will still more or less beeline for you when they come cause they seem to be coded to prefer going for the player.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Ofaloaf posted:

You can survive but actually winning will be hard because your win conditions still depend on the empire provinces.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
There's also this: https://i.redd.it/1oljubjm2z8z.png

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Big fan of the high elfs, big fan of the lizards, probably gonna be a big fan of the rats and purple elfs.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Those Kroxigors look great

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I'm a big fan of the giant flaming doom chicken chasing people around on foot :allears:

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Yep. High Elf Trailer tomorrow also kicking off Dark Elf Month I'm guessing.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Psycho Landlord posted:

I'm a big fan of the giant flaming doom chicken chasing people around on foot :allears:

I don't know how to mod but once this thing drops i'mma make a drat chicken sound mod for the phoenix

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
There is something extremely satisfying about crushing Archon with Grimgor in the campaign. Also it is absolutely nuts just how high you can get his weapon strength by the endgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Can I get some Greenskin Grimgor tips?

Idk what to do after I kill the ironskins

• Locked thread