Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
I burgered again. Double smashburger, American cheese, roma tomatoes, green leaf lettuce, thousand island sauce, Martin's potato bun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

beerinator posted:

I burgered again. Double smashburger, American cheese, roma tomatoes, green leaf lettuce, thousand island sauce, Martin's potato bun.

So would

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

beerinator posted:

Yeah, not going to argue with that

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

beerinator posted:

that's pretty much perfect

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

beerinator posted:

gently caress*

*personally I'd switch out the tomatoes for grilled onions and jalapeņos and switch the sauce to spicy mustard but that's just preference and that burg looks amazing.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I finally succumbed to my burges in Spain and dragged everybody to a new Grill joint that opened up here in El Albir.

Pulled pork and coleslaw burger, triple cooked fries and truffle mayo. 10/10 would burg again.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Jehde posted:

What're y'all's opinions on fancy mustards? I never used to care for mustard, but I recently discovered grainy mustard. Contemplating getting a jar to try on my burgs.

My goto on burgers is Beaver sweet hot mustard. I'm not really against just french's. It goes pretty good with beef and has a nice acid kick.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Theophany posted:

I finally succumbed to my burges in Spain and dragged everybody to a new Grill joint that opened up here in El Albir.

Pulled pork and coleslaw burger, triple cooked fries and truffle mayo. 10/10 would burg again.

That's a little busy for me but I'm sure I'd still eat it.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

The Mr Burger truck was near work today so was able to try an extra hot Mr Hot burger

Was awesome, the scorpion chilli really gave it a good bit. A+ would burg again

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
:911: smashburgs!

No finished shot because they got eaten too quickly, but here's an extremely hopeful dogge

(Sidenote, but baking steel griddle is god damned amazing for smashing and crusting)

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Gwaihir posted:

:911: smashburgs!

No finished shot because they got eaten too quickly, but here's an extremely hopeful dogge

(Sidenote, but baking steel griddle is god damned amazing for smashing and crusting)

yeah it is. I would kill to have proper kitchen ventilation in my place, ugh.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Gwaihir posted:

Wut? How dare you!

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Smashed a burg

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
nice burg

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Casu Marzu posted:

Smashed a burg

Yes please

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Y'all are lovely and I need a pizza steel apparently

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

beerinator posted:

Wish I had and then could again.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

You can make awesome smashburgs with things that are not a pizza steel. Don't be fooled into thinking you need to buy poo poo.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

the littlest prince posted:

You can make awesome smashburgs with things that are not a pizza steel. Don't be fooled into thinking you need to buy poo poo.

It is super handy for if you want to do more than a couple burgers at once, though.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Naw I have cast iron already. Pizza steel seems pretty useful like the above post mentions

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Just found out a place near me does 2 burgers w/ fries and 2 beers on Mondays for <$20. Gonna grab a friend and feast on this next week:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I hear Costco has a new burger?

In other news, I had a Walburgers burg at the airport, and it was.. OK. Decent, nothing special.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Norns posted:

Naw I have cast iron already. Pizza steel seems pretty useful like the above post mentions

Yea it's mostly just crazy convenient in that you have a ton of space to work with if you're cooking burgs for a crowd. With how fast smash burgs cook on the steel, if you're cooking 8 patties then by the time you smash the last one the first is already done, too.

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
i think that's why the pizza steel appeals to me. in my largest frying pan I can smash two patties at a time. imagining each is a double, if i'm trying to make four burgers, the initial patties will have cooled quite a bit before i can serve up the burgers. also it's annoying to scrape a patty from inside a frying pan when the dumb spatula keeps hitting the edges.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Esposito posted:

i think that's why the pizza steel appeals to me. in my largest frying pan I can smash two patties at a time. imagining each is a double, if i'm trying to make four burgers, the initial patties will have cooled quite a bit before i can serve up the burgers. also it's annoying to scrape a patty from inside a frying pan when the dumb spatula keeps hitting the edges.

Yep. I use my steel outside over a propane burner. Makes it quick and easy. I do four burgers at a time, and scraping and flipping is super easy. Doing it outside keeps the smoke and grease out of the house, too.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
fired up the bbq for some Costco sirloin patties. garlic sprouts instead of lettuce, classic burger sauce and I added a pickle after i took the picture :mrgw:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

large hands posted:

fired up the bbq for some Costco sirloin patties. garlic sprouts instead of lettuce, classic burger sauce and I added a pickle after i took the picture :mrgw:

garlic sprouts seem super pro. I like(all burgs)

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I know it's not a burger but we're having a big weekend doing projects around the house so needed a solid breakfast so made us all steak rolls. Very tasty with some aioli and home-made chilli relish.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Had a proper burg for lunch today at Burger Urge

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?

iajanus posted:

I know it's not a burger but.....

What is steak if not pre-ground burg??

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Who wants a veggie burger?

https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2017/jul/08/impossible-foods-ceo-eliminate-meat-human-diets-veggie-burger

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

That's a waste of time. The veggie burgers that Burger King has been selling for 20 years are delicious.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

gently caress you, I'll raise my own cows if that's what it takes. You'll pry beef hamburgers from my twitching, chubby, cholesterol-ridden, dead fingers.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

To kill is to live.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i really want to try one to see what they're like

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Jose posted:

i really want to try one to see what they're like

Oh hell ya, I'll try one, but the moment someone says I can't eat cow and have to eat bleeding plants, I'm making a burger out of the messenger.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
I for one welcome the era of veganism. Beef is bland, a childrens meat. Pork, gently caress it, I'll take tofu over pork any day of the week.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Dyna Soar posted:

I for one welcome the era of veganism. Beef is bland, a childrens meat. Pork, gently caress it, I'll take tofu over pork any day of the week.

What the gently caress

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

:getout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
still working through the Costco 1/3 lb sirloin patties on the bbq. they're good for frozen burgs but I'll take a fresh ground smash burger over the thicker patty most days.

• Locked thread