Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Yeah. I do not regret trading Villar for Addison Reed one bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I tried throwing Villar in a deal I was making (my Springer for his Cano/Jansen), because he said he needed a 2B. He rejected the deal, and a week later, came back to agree to the same deal. However, he didn't even want Villar as a part of the package.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Abel Wingnut posted:

stolen bases are down because some teams realized how little they matter over the long run, especially so when those same teams are telling their hitters to swing for the parking lot. so unless you're a hamilton or deshields or dyson or maybin, who can guarantee like a 85+% success rate, why bother?

This is especially true for the Astros. They have no reason to risk an out when everybody in that lineup (except Aoki maybe?) can just go up there and crank a dong.

Moneyball posted:

Even Brian "Wheels" McCann has a steal on the season.

Gary Sanchez has 2!

DeepDickPizza posted:

Yeah. I do not regret trading Villar for Addison Reed one bit.

I am so glad I moved him when I did. I was worried at the time that my lack of patience was making me miss something, but apparently not.

I do feel a little bit bad because I discussed the deal with the other owner for a while and had to convince him Villar wasn't at risk of losing playing time, which was an argument I made in good faith, but now it might look like I was being conniving.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I'm pretty surprised Mallex Smith doesn't have higher ownership, he's at 18% on Yahoo, given the stolen base scarcity.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

resident posted:

I'm pretty surprised Mallex Smith doesn't have higher ownership, he's at 18% on Yahoo, given the stolen base scarcity.

I just added him yesterday. He's also a lefty so you can bench him against lefties (especially Chris Sale today) and get good production from him hopefully.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Abel Wingnut posted:

stolen bases are down because some teams realized how little they matter over the long run, especially so when those same teams are telling their hitters to swing for the parking lot. so unless you're a hamilton or deshields or dyson or maybin, who can guarantee like a 85+% success rate, why bother?

Earl Weaver is smiling from above.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Rand alPaul posted:

Earl Weaver is smiling from above.

And now he's mouthing something.

oooh, you can't say those words anymore...

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Is Cespedes droppable in a 12 team H2H? I've got to clear space for Brandon McCarthy coming off the DL, and already have Stanton, Upton, Mallex Smith, and Brett Gardner in my OF. It seems like his glass hamstrings are getting the best of him since he came from his DL stint.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

resident posted:

Is Cespedes droppable in a 12 team H2H? I've got to clear space for Brandon McCarthy coming off the DL, and already have Stanton, Upton, Mallex Smith, and Brett Gardner in my OF. It seems like his glass hamstrings are getting the best of him since he came from his DL stint.

Trade him for Cargo :lol:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

resident posted:

Wait a couple-3 days and there's probably a 50% chance Cespedes can take that empty DL spot.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Ugh. I keep spacing on the early games on the worst days. Had Stroman on my bench in two leagues. Went to move him into my lineup, but it turned out the time was 12:07 Central. First pitch time: 12:07 Central and he was already locked. And of course he's having a great game against the most high-powered offense in the league.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I benched Stroman today, I kind of regret it but I'm winning in pitching this week anyway.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah I accidentally had Severino on the bench :(

Also Freddie Freeman is good.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rand alPaul posted:

Yeah I accidentally had Severino on the bench :(

Also Freddie Freeman is good.

I had Sevy and Knebel (and Strasburg what the gently caress happened there?) going today. My ERA for the week is all the way up to 2.80 :v:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
gently caress, jake arrieta is so goddamn mediocre

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I'm currently up 7-1. Comfortable leads in R, OPS and SB, K, ERA, WHIP & QS, tied in HR and RBI and down 1 in NSVH. With 7 save/hold guys to my opponents four I'm hoping I can go 10-0 in the week before the ASB. The two teams ahead of me are down 2-8 and 3-7 right now.

Looking like I'll probably move from 7th to 5th in a 12 teamer where only 6 make the playoffs. gently caress I want that so bad.

e: and I had to make a post in the discussion linking this

that is showing up at the top of Yahoo leagues because last year the commissioner changed the max transactions for the long post-ASG week from 5-10 after he blew through his five adds on Saturday because he and another team "didn't know the week had an extra three days."

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jul 9, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
To be fair one of my biggest pet peeves is that add limits don't roll to adjust for long weeks, but any rule changes have to be agreed to before the draft/season start

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what's going on with marco estrada? someone just dropped him in my league. his peripherals seem decent, his siera looks good. am i missing something?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Why do i even have Jon Lester

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Jesus Christ Jon Lester.

Somehow I still have a 2.53 ERA this week thanks to Aaron Nola and Robbie Ray.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
The league ERA is 4.35: http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/MLB/pitch.shtml

Looked that up after seeing almost every team in my league has an ERA above 4.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Woke up to see that Javi isn't playing today and Beckham is on the 10-day. Activate Morton, drop Odorizzi, move Beckham to the DL but I still need an SS...

Oh looks like that DeJong kid is still available and why not play the hot hand?

Not bad, not bad at all.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Johnny Cueto sucks.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I'm glad someone posted about dropping Cespedes. I'd just kind of been auto-starting without looking instead of playing Dickerson and/or Souza. Now he's perma-benched until he gets it together (or his next DL stint)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rand alPaul posted:

Johnny Cueto sucks.

I just flat out dropped him for Kyle Freeland.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

fairly sure there are zero giants who should be owned. maybe nunez?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Bumgarner?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i was thinking of hitters only. in any case, i still wouldn't want bumgarner pre- or post-injury. should be owned, but i'd trade him. i just having players, no matter how good they are, on teams that are that atrocious.

and then there's posey, i guess. he somehow has more than 60 r + rbi.

also, first time researching catcher in forever. how the gently caress does salvador perez have almost 60 rbi?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Abel Wingnut posted:

I sadly have Posey Belt and Cueto. Posey is great and maybe Belt gets traded to a good team :shrug:

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
I almost didn't draft Justin Turner because I got Evan Longoria a few rounds before.

Now I am wondering if I should even keep Longo around. He has been... fine, I guess, but the power just isn't there.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what the hell is gallo at this point? super utility guy? starting lf? starting 1b?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Cueto will be traded to a contender and put up some Ws. Also, he missed all of spring training and it's affected his control, or so he said today. So once he gets that figured out, he'll be useful again.

That's the bullshit I tell myself, at least.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

Cueto will be traded to a contender and put up some Ws. Also, he missed all of spring training and it's affected his control, or so he said today. So once he gets that figured out, he'll be useful again.

That's the bullshit I tell myself, at least.

He had a couple of blisters that the Giants let him pitch through and I figured that screwed up his mechanics. Also the Giants outfield defense has been bad.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Soooooo someone just dropped Miggy in one of my leagues.... I dunno who to drop. help?

I guess Avisail Garcia?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 10, 2017

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point
H2H scoring: K, W, SV, ERA, WHIP

Help. Offered Gio Gonzalez for Chapman straight up or King Felix + Addison Reed for Chapman. Should I do either? I'm leaning towards getting Gio.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Abel Wingnut posted:

Nunez was working out reasonably well for me until the injury, especially for SB

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Soooooo someone just dropped Miggy in one of my leagues.... I dunno who to drop. help?

I guess Avisail Garcia?

Obviously drop one of your lovely rear end pitchers or Cameron Maybin.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Doltos posted:

Obviously drop one of your lovely rear end pitchers or Cameron Maybin.

Yes, my pitching is so bad that i'm in 1st place. :rolleyes:

And I need Maybin for the steals.

I'm gonna drop Garcia if Miggy somehow makes it to me through waivers.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Yes, my pitching is so bad that i'm in 1st place. :rolleyes:

And I need Maybin for the steals.

I'm gonna drop Garcia if Miggy somehow makes it to me through waivers.

Yeah I shouldn't have said lovely but they're definitely not better than dropping Garcia who's killing it in OBP this year. Leake's like a 7.5 k/9 guy if that and Peacock is a waiver wire guy too. Plus you have way too many good closers which I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Doltos posted:

Yeah I shouldn't have said lovely but they're definitely not better than dropping Garcia who's killing it in OBP this year. Leake's like a 7.5 k/9 guy if that and Peacock is a waiver wire guy too. Plus you have way too many good closers which I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

It seems to be working with the waiver wire starters. And this isn't an OBP league and Garcia has been relatively cold for a while now, he has 1 homerun in the last month with a .259 AVG. I doubt Miggy makes it to me though, so not like it matters. My waiver priority is pretty low.

• Locked thread