Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

Nobody is talking about Pau turning down almost 17 million dollars in a player option

I haven't seen it reported. I saw that the Spurs signed king Joffrey Lauvernge and Shigherly, he's probably cheaper than Pau

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Tae posted:

Nobody is talking about Pau turning down almost 17 million dollars in a player option

He wants to re-sign with the Spurs, presumably he's trying to go for a longer contract (for god knows why given how old he is) and/or the Spurs are willing to deal with his massive cap hold while making moves

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Clippers should move back to San Diego and take advantage of the power vacuum.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

I haven't seen it reported. I saw that the Spurs signed king Joffrey Lauvernge and Shigherly, he's probably cheaper than Pau

Lee and Gasol both turned down their player options with Lee being likely to walk as soon as the dust settles but this was almost three weeks ago

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

spurs if you like culture and passing and not winning the championship
you'll SEE!!! YOU'LL SEE!!!!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i mean for all we know the spurs and pau have settled on a deal but their FO doesn't leak anything so we wouldn't know until they sign it

lee and dedmon played their way to bigger contracts than the minimums they had last year so they aren't coming back

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Punkin Spunkin posted:

you'll SEE!!! YOU'LL SEE!!!!

um

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/884500404855128064

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

kiimo posted:

We're moving to Inglewood they did a ceremony and everything

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
There are enough CJs in the NBA right now that I need to stop and think whenever I see news about one.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

kiimo posted:

I would love that but there's no way this city would support an NBA team. I feel like successful "small market" (SD is not at all small but that's how it's labeled) teams work by tapping into their host cities' identities, and if San Diego has an identity, it's that it's the City That Is Really Pretty But Has Absolutely Nothing Under the Surface. We're working on an MLS team, which I think would work, but the developers that are pushing it are particularly shady and keep getting called out on their bullshit, so we'll see.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

OzFactor posted:

I would love that but there's no way this city would support an NBA team. I feel like successful "small market" (SD is not at all small but that's how it's labeled) teams work by tapping into their host cities' identities, and if San Diego has an identity, it's that it's the City That Is Really Pretty But Has Absolutely Nothing Under the Surface. We're working on an MLS team, which I think would work, but the developers that are pushing it are particularly shady and keep getting called out on their bullshit, so we'll see.

everybody I know what lives in SD loves it but doesn't respect it and barely considers themselves residents. It's odd stuff

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

EvanTH posted:

everybody I know what lives in SD loves it but doesn't respect it and barely considers themselves residents. It's odd stuff

I grew up and have lived my whole life in San Diego and it was weird the first time I went to the east coast and said "Oh, so this is what a city is." San Diego is a whole bunch of very, very different neighborhoods that all either actively refuse to acknowledge each others' existence or are outright antagonistic to each other. It's a beautiful place full of beautiful people and it's sunny and 75 degrees all the time and there's just about every pleasant kind of natural environment within a half hour and we have the best Mexican food on the planet at every tier. But yeah, it's barely a city.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/StevePopper/status/884489050631147522
'pls improve to deserve this money'

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

mastershakeman posted:

how long until bulls fans can actually complain? 2098?

As a 49ers fan I'm certainly not going to begrudge someone their right to instantly bitch about a team getting worse. I'm just saying that the net result of wishing on a cursed monkey's paw is supposed to be, you know, negative in some way, not getting pretty much exactly what you wanted. Having a great team dominate the league for years and then eventually fade away into mediocrity as players retire is not an ironic reversal.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Salvor_Hardin posted:

There are enough CJs in the NBA right now that I need to stop and think whenever I see news about one.

CJ MIles
CJ Mccollum
CJ Watson
CJ Wilcox

Is that all?

Are any of them young enough to be named after CJ from GTA san andreas

ALL YOU HAD TO DO, WAS RUN UNDER THE drat SCREEN, SEEEE JAYUHHHH

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

San Diego is basically what happens when a city springs up with no purpose but to service a bigass military base.

Dejan Bimble posted:

CJ MIles
CJ Mccollum
CJ Watson
CJ Wilcox

Is that all?

cory joseph sometimes gets called CJ by uncultured lame-os who don't know his one true nickname is CoJo

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

I do not want to know the answer to this question

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Lonzo is ducking Fox in the Summer League with "groin soreness"

Fox:
https://twitter.com/swipathefox/status/884510895765766144

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
already deleted. What'd he taunt with?

man Fox is gonna be good

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

pubic works project posted:

My only hope is that we get a group of rich Hoosiers to buy the team and keep it here.

Hell, maybe Simon will hang on long enough that Lebron could buy the team, go Akron Pacers :toot:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Lockback posted:

We are getting frighteningly close to an NBA athlete having been born in 2000

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

2004, no, phew, not old yet, almost old, but not yet

straight up brolic posted:

Lonzo is ducking Fox in the Summer League with "groin soreness"

Fox:
https://twitter.com/swipathefox/status/884510895765766144

Fred VanVleet of the west coast

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
LeBron would make a terrible GM. He already sorta is a terrible GM.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There's going to be a lot of NBA movement after the Cascadia subduction zone destroys Vancouver, Seattle and Portland.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Fox would have ate his loving lunch tonight

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/884514778319691777

:allears:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

leftist heap posted:

We are getting frighteningly close to an NBA athlete having been born in 2000

why would i be afraid of young athletes when I could be afraid of my own decline into senility and death having accomplished nothing of worth or note

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Cameron Payne is so bad. He's a 3rd year player in Summer League who looks like the worst person on the court at all times. It's incredible.

Also when this team wins 18 games GarPax is going to be smug about how this was all part of the plan to be bad.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Fox Tweeted just this emoji

🤦🏿‍♂️

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dejan Bimble posted:

CJ MIles
CJ Mccollum
CJ Watson
CJ Wilcox

Is that all?

"Yo Smoke, get that poo poo."

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Eltoasto posted:

Hell, maybe Simon will hang on long enough that Lebron could buy the team, go Akron Pacers :toot:

Like I really wish Reggie Miller would do what Magic did with the Dodgers and put together a group to buy the Pacers. I know a lot of people don't like Reggie around here, but I feel like he would put together a group of people to run the franchise right from an ownership level.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I'm still really mad about that Rudy Gay signing. I understand there's a chance he's not going to be bad but it's not a big one.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Like I really wish Reggie Miller would do what Magic did with the Dodgers and put together a group to buy the Pacers. I know a lot of people don't like Reggie around here, but I feel like he would put together a group of people to run the franchise right from an ownership level.

If that gets him out if the booth I think everyone here will root for that

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

yes please do this and never broadcast another loving game

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
What in the world has Reggie Miller ever said or done that would make you think he'd be good at running anything, much less a basketball team

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

Next year's the player option I believe so I guess it's possible they might be trying to negotiate a buyout if the market is weak for him

They're not buying him out this season. If he opts in he'll either be traded (assuming he still wants out, which is probably a good bet) bought out then or stretched. He still has value to the team for this season.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Welcome to the Clippers, Guy from Under a Bridge.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Evan Turner has the worst contract in the NBA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Dejan Bimble posted:

Evan Turner has the worst contract in the NBA