Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

What is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PubicMice posted:

It looks like he's got his hand down her shirt.

Does it? Idgi either.

Tree Huffer
Jul 26, 2007

dude were so
high right now
hahaha
I was thinking he had a horrible weird tentacle hand. Like the neck pillow was the whole arm, and there was no hand.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

For a good second there, I forgot what thread I was in and almost reported this for being a butthole.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

owl_pellet posted:

What is this

The teacher that takes the register that is assigned to your form (class) that you see at the beginning of the day before going to regular classes. I imagine it's entirely common, just didn't names for the same thing

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

WampaLord posted:

For a good second there, I forgot what thread I was in and almost reported this for being a butthole.

Brings a new meaning to winking browneye.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

donquixotic posted:

The teacher that takes the register that is assigned to your form (class) that you see at the beginning of the day before going to regular classes. I imagine it's entirely common, just didn't names for the same thing

So... like a homeroom teacher? And taking the register is taking attendance?

Not trying to do the "smug correction" bit; I'm genuinely intrigued by the translation.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

KnifeWrench posted:

Not trying to do the "smug correction" bit; I'm genuinely intrigued by the translation.

Yes, and yes.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

owl_pellet posted:

What is this
I don't know the US system very well but in the UK secondary school (11-16 yrs) and Sixth Form (16-18 yrs) kids are divided into "forms". You normally stick with the same form (and hopefully the same tutor but not guaranteed) through the whole of school. A form will include 20-30 kids of all abilities, etc who will gather at the start of the morning for register (and in my school after lunch break too) before going their separate ways for classes (in UK most schools divide actual taught classes by ability for some if not all subjects).

Form tutors are normally responsible for their students' overall performance/welfare, and would be the first line of support if a student has welfare/discipline issues. In lots of schools they also tend to be responsible for things like social classes, sex ed, etc those sorts of things that aren't part of normal classes. Being a form tutor is normally an additional duty on top of being a regular teacher, so for example my form tutor age 13-16 was also my history teacher.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
Haha well there you go. It didn't occur to me when I posted that it sounded peculiar at all, in hindsight I probably should have just said they I had a teacher called Dick Payne

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Ewan posted:

I don't know the US system very well but in the UK secondary school (11-16 yrs) and Sixth Form (16-18 yrs) kids are divided into "forms". You normally stick with the same form (and hopefully the same tutor but not guaranteed) through the whole of school. A form will include 20-30 kids of all abilities, etc who will gather at the start of the morning for register (and in my school after lunch break too) before going their separate ways for classes (in UK most schools divide actual taught classes by ability for some if not all subjects).

Form tutors are normally responsible for their students' overall performance/welfare, and would be the first line of support if a student has welfare/discipline issues. In lots of schools they also tend to be responsible for things like social classes, sex ed, etc those sorts of things that aren't part of normal classes. Being a form tutor is normally an additional duty on top of being a regular teacher, so for example my form tutor age 13-16 was also my history teacher.

It's not a universal term in the UK either, in Scotland its more usually called your "registration class" (Or "reggie" by the kids) taken by the registration teacher. There are a few schools that call it "tutor time" or just "tutor", but the term "form" basically isn't used in Scottish schools at all. We instead talk about the year groups as "years", so first years rather than first formers.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

SiKboy posted:

It's not a universal term in the UK either, in Scotland its more usually called your "registration class" (Or "reggie" by the kids) taken by the registration teacher. There are a few schools that call it "tutor time" or just "tutor", but the term "form" basically isn't used in Scottish schools at all. We instead talk about the year groups as "years", so first years rather than first formers.

Not that I ever attended, but it was definitely "form class" when I went to school in Aberdeen in the early 90s.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

veedubfreak posted:

G(r)ape indeed.
:laugh: fantastic.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Splizwarf posted:

My GP doc is named Rod Johnson and he's exactly as smug as you'd expect.

There is a Urologist in Texas named Richard Chopp.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Dude needs to wear more sunscreen.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

rosacea on dude's lower fingers probably means his poo poo is a mess & he will die soon.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dos Dedos Mis Amigos

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.

Took me longer than I would have liked to figure out what the gently caress. Like literally said "the gently caress?" out loud.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Solice Kirsk posted:

Dos Dedos Mis Amigos

Everything's cool

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Knee posted:

Took me longer than I would have liked to figure out what the gently caress. Like literally said "the gently caress?" out loud.

Tiny monitor, or just not familiar with the male form?

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
I typically imagine the male form having a peen hanging down... not finger legs.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

veedubfreak posted:

Tiny monitor, or just not familiar with the male form?

i have a huge monitor and im hella unfamiliar w the male form :flex:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

They grow on trees now? THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

We did it. We found the tiny Italian boobs.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

What, ah... *scratches neck nonchalantly* wha-what kind of tree is this?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

davidspackage posted:

I'm asking for a friend.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

davidspackage posted:

Melon.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

davidspackage posted:

Baoboob.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Nah, it's called a Tinititi.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Wait, I had one for this... pussy... willow... poo poo, never mind

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery
I thought it was a pair tree? :confused:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Well, it DOES have a flared base!

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Tower of "Oh my!"?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Lurking Haro posted:

Tower of "Oh my!"?

For some reason my brain parsed this in George Takei's voice.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

veedubfreak posted:

For some reason my brain parsed this in George Takei's voice.

Your brain did the right thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
[quote="“KnifeWrench”" post="“474235064”"]

Not trying to do the “smug correction” bit; I’m genuinely intrigued by the translation.
[/quote]

I used to substitute and one day while doing attendance I was presented with the name Manlove.

Poor motherfucker. There’s no way he made it out of middle school alive.

• Locked thread