Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Not sure if I want to put 20k feathers into Xander at this point. I do have a lot of good red units (speaking of shame), but I also feel like I've been missing out. Would be an easier decision if I had been smarter and kept the second Celica I pulled instead of merging her, whoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Elyv posted:

-atk/+res is a pretty weak nature but Nino hits so hard that she'll probably actually still be pretty good. Depends on what your other magic damage options are, what's in your 5 star queue, that kind of thing.

I only just found out how deep the meta is in this game, so I dont even know my options. Been playing casually a while though, so I have a roster of sorts.. Using +atk/-def Reinhardt (with just fury added, lacking skills to inherit) and +spd/-hp azura to kill most easy stuff, but struggling on harder content that needs baiting and survivals. I have no tanks afaik, and my greens are a bit meh. That Nino, a Raven, some low neutral Cecilia and Fredericks that I'm levelling up. Eliwood (+atk/--def)and Ogma (+def/-hp) seem to die too easily as well, and I'm not terribly impressed with them at 4*.

So yeah I dont even know what I'm asking, information overload (I love 'casual' games with crazy meta (and also parentheses)).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Reinhardt, Azura, Nino, and a red buffbot (Eirika is the best but anyone with rally attack and hone speed or the reverse will do) is a very solid team that should be able to carry you through nearly anything that doesn't ask you to have multiple teams

As for who makes a good tank, honestly there's so many it's hard to list them all but they all come with asterisks--there is no unit in the game who can profitably bait every prominent threat

Since it sounds like you're new, you probably don't have many heroes, so post a screenshot of your 4 and 5 star collection and I'll tell you who I think stands out

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

i am new please judge my husbandos. Except for eliwood. I will not use him under any circumstance because his eyes are creepy.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I hate to break it to you but you have higher quality waifus than husbandos

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I dunno about that. If cherche/frederick has +attack he could promote quality husbands raven and hawkeye to skill up a monster brave axe user.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

cheetah7071 posted:

Reinhardt, Azura, Nino, and a red buffbot (Eirika is the best but anyone with rally attack and hone speed or the reverse will do) is a very solid team that should be able to carry you through nearly anything that doesn't ask you to have multiple teams

As for who makes a good tank, honestly there's so many it's hard to list them all but they all come with asterisks--there is no unit in the game who can profitably bait every prominent threat

Since it sounds like you're new, you probably don't have many heroes, so post a screenshot of your 4 and 5 star collection and I'll tell you who I think stands out

Most of those arent 40, working on the remaining 5s and some 4s. Promoted Rein a while ago and I've been promoting up some greens, leaving me at ~30k feathers that I'm not sure what to do with.. I also think I lack a buffer, maybe?

e: also, is it just me or are all my good units blue?
doublee: havent noticed before that Soren is Charles Manson.

valuum fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 11, 2017

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
All these pictures of rarity-stars instead of unit levels are triggering me

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

quote:

You're not wrong

Nowi is your best tank I see (with TA and QR she's quite good) but she's blue too. ATiki is pretty reasonable to cover Reinhardt's Julia weakness, but she'll absolutely have to have triangle adept and G tomebreaker to pull it off.

Eirika is to my knowledge the only character that natively buffs attack and speed but Gana has rally attack and is in the free rotation, and Matthew has hone speed and is one of your starters.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Retcon posted:

Not sure if I want to put 20k feathers into Xander at this point. I do have a lot of good red units (speaking of shame), but I also feel like I've been missing out. Would be an easier decision if I had been smarter and kept the second Celica I pulled instead of merging her, whoops.

Let me put it like this: 5* Xander and giving him QR2 and ATK3 is probably the best thing you can do in the game aside from giving a +ATK Reinhardt Deathblow 3

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

valuum posted:

Most of those arent 40, working on the remaining 5s and some 4s. Promoted Rein a while ago and I've been promoting up some greens, leaving me at ~30k feathers that I'm not sure what to do with.. I also think I lack a buffer, maybe?

doublee: havent noticed before that Soren is Charles Manson.

Provided Charles there doesn't have The Worst IV, you won't need to worry about greens for a while - him and Nino should cover the mage front, while you can inherit Raven's Brave Axe + onto someone else - Cherche is the recommended candidate due to her monster attack, but Frederick is good if you need a tank as his def is quite good and he's not vulnerable to bows. Since both are 3/4*s, you won't need to promote them after inheriting the axe, as you can merge them into a 4*+10 for higher stats.

You'll need to upgrade a red, or wait until the Xander GHB repeats and upgrade him.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Well, after a couple stamina potions worth of experimentation and a little emptying of my overflowing roster's skill fodder, Mae, Sanaki, Nino, and Ninian managed to clear the latest inferno mission.

Gotta say, it was pretty fun to figure out. Also nice to get some of the spaces in my garage cleared.

Up to 4% now on the mercy listing. Upside, it means I've got a good chance of multiple gold if my luck turns around, and with the banner being around for a whole month, I've got a good chance of getting somebody before it's gone.

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

I just cleared the Alm and Celica infernal mission as well. Blarwolf+ Ursula and base skillset Lilina were the key. I think this was the first time I've used Lilina since getting her to level 40. Also used Azura and Bride Lyn, who didn't do anything but Hone Attack. I think the only skill inheritance that was necessary was Moonbow on Ursula, which was cool.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I just inherited Iote's shield to my Catria so she can plow through jank in LunaticX5 on auto whenever I get bored with actually playing tempest, which is often. Seems to work pretty well since the AI loves suiciding her on archers and she actually tends to last a few rounds if she's got a healer on backup. Killer lance and Luna is a great combo.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

If I promote a unit will it keep its IVs?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Are there any units that really benefit from Brash Assault? I have a few Barte lying around.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Polio Vax Scene posted:

If I promote a unit will it keep its IVs?

yes

bobjr posted:

Are there any units that really benefit from Brash Assault? I have a few Barte lying around.

Lyn. Maybe STiki but that's pushing it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bartre has fury 2 which is a good budget option many characters, especially those that don't deserve your precious Hinatas

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I have a few 4* Hinata's just sitting around, I was just wondering if there was someone who would rather get BA than Fury, just because it seems so specialized.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Brash Assault would probably be okay if it had the same thresholds as Vantage rather than the limp 30/40/50% it does currently. Or if it worked on defense. Or if it worked when attacking targets that can't counter. Or if the meta wasn't so orko-oriented as it always has been.

brash assault more like bad assault am i right fellas

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Brash Assault would be good as a sacred seal

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/fe_heroes_jp/status/884669412015460353

Berkut is the next GHB, it seems.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
they're really pushing the echoes on us.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

they're really pushing the echoes on us.

Good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The Tamada Kotaro maps are up. 12 free orbs.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

No, I wouldn't mind another free Distant Counter cavalry, thanks.

Also the sheer amount of orbs we're given this month is very suspicious.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

blizzardvizard posted:

No, I wouldn't mind another free Distant Counter cavalry, thanks.

Also the sheer amount of orbs we're given this month is very suspicious.

I think it's just an overreaction to people bellyaching about the drought in June

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Had to burn through 6 crests and I'll probably get shoved out of remaining in 20 within a day, but it feels good to be at the top, if only for a while

Two bridges are back but they were not an issue (Summer Tiki was really good at tanking hits to manipulate the AI). What was weird was that I ran across 4 teams that were just 3 blues and a colorless (either Bridelia or in one case a Genny +5). I guess they either forgot to change their defense team or were just fishing for wins against teams with no strong green? One was horse emblem, one was flier emblem, and the other two were azura/rein/peri.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm definitely not complaining. At this rate I will have like 300 orbs saved by the time the summer banner ends

Andrast fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jul 11, 2017

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I spent 40 orbs on the hone attack banner yesterday and got nine 3 stars and a 5 star Nino that I promptly fed to my +spd/-res Nino so I am also enjoying this bounty of orbs

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

What's his stats?

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

We don't know yet.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I'm not sure what they can do with Berkut that would make him anything other than a bad Camus, to be honest. My best guess is that he'll have a statline more like Xander's and a bad unique weapon?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

If they want to emulate Echoes for what his spear does it's going to have a built in distant defense.

The wiki has a redlink for the skill on the page for his spear, so I had to look it up on the skill list.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think Berkut is a good GHB because he is a good character and I want to have him.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jul 11, 2017

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
berkut is a lil bitch who keeps on getting dunked on by peasants, whereas camus sides with the cool peasants and bangs a hot saint

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Pulled another double 5* off the Summer banner with the challenge orbs. This time a Summer Tiki with +Atk/-HP, which seems pretty okay, and a second Summer Frederick, +Def/-Res.

Merged the previous Summer Fred into this one and gave him Bonfire. Something tells me that having a 41 HP, 41 Def (Factoring in Fortify Defense and Armored Blow.) ranged unit that can debuff something into oblivion might come in handy on some future Infernal map.

Summer Tiki is surprisingly tanky even with a -HP IV. I imagine she's pretty solid with Quick Riposte. I guess Brave Axe is a thing too, but that seems like a project.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

berkut is a lil bitch who keeps on getting dunked on by peasants

Yeah he's great

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
gangrel GHB please microsoft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Clawtopsy posted:

berkut is a lil bitch who keeps on getting dunked on by peasants, whereas camus sides with the cool peasants and bangs a hot saint

Tatiana is great, but nobody is hotter then Rinea.