Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

el B posted:

Color me surprised. I honestly didn't think they'd bring blink back to the game.

Titan walls are going to be annoying as poo poo. Hunter evade rolls seem pretty underwhelming compared to the other class' abilities, but on the other hand I'll finally (sort of) get my wish of having blink and shadestep on the same class.

pretty sure blink is warlock only now my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Legs Benedict posted:

Yeah, the arc strider perk trees were available, no blink.

edit: I guess the void hunter subclass, whenever it comes out, could have blink.

OdinsBeard fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 10, 2017

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Legs Benedict posted:

I could have sworn I saw a hunter blinking in the Warlock game play video.

Edit - Hunter had some weird mid air pose, but it wasn't blink :( rest

el B fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 10, 2017

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

OdinsBeard posted:

They got rid of skating but it looks like the titan jump will still be good for moving short distances quickly. Also, am I wrong or did they trim that titan footage so we never got to see grenades or melee abilities?

I don't recall seeing melee, but I definitely saw the Titan grenade at some point in that video.

edit: grenade at 1:37, melee at 1:59, better view of grenade at 4:32

the good fax machine fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jul 10, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
4 v 4 only is gonna be mad lovely

With sbmm, escaping into 6s was the only way to feel like the outcome of every match wasn't completely dependent on me trying super hard, and even then I couldn't totally fart around without every match being an automatic L for the squad. I guess if we were running full stomp squad I could, but that's not fun. Sometimes lit party chat is more fun than total butt raping, provided it doesn't swing the other way where my MM leads to total butt rape the other way.

For every fewer person in the game each person is that much more important. I'm not saying I want battlefield where I'm one of 69 dudes, but 4s is gonna be too "on" all the time imho.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bungie did this with Halo too, started out with something zany and fun and unbalanced, then tried to turn it into a super focused competitive game.

It's hard to blame them, with the endless bickering about how broken the game is.

But it does mean D2 and beyond won't have anywhere near the longevity.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
What destiny should do is break things and break them often so the meta is constantly changing while I sit around and keep using a pocket infinity

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yes, they should load up their excel spreadsheet of all guns and randomzie all perks every couple weeks.

Like the traveller has a virus or something and it's scrambling reality.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

people who played at E3 etc. say the new IGN footage is a much older build. One of the devs was in Gigz' twitch stream and said titan lift isn't that fast now. So Bungie let IGN show an older build, gg

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

xzzy posted:

No, because Overwatch doesn't have them and everyone's copying Overwatch now.

Winston???

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

For every fewer person in the game each person is that much more important. I'm not saying I want battlefield where I'm one of 69 dudes, but 4s is gonna be too "on" all the time imho.

This. I only cared about Clash which allowed me to be competitive there then move to another 6s game to gently caress off and smoke weed in. This was because of the sheer number of teammates alone that I could and still both go consistently positive and win a lot. Someone going dgaf in 3s is damning and there's no reason it won't be the same in 4s, especially when it's the standard and all the ttks are going up. If you can't take someone out super fast to deal with the next, the numbers game becomes even more pivotal.

I only want to try like 15% of the time, and usually at maybe 55% effort. They need to add 6s back.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jul 10, 2017

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv posted:

I only want to try like 15% of the time, and usually at maybe 55% effort.

Also applicable to my posting.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
We should have some sort of contest for the best gif during beta. Kill feeds, sticks, funny geometry bullshit. There should be a random panel of judges who rank their favorite gifs and then somehow a winner is chosen and they get a cool prize or some poo poo like that.

Who's adult enough to organize and make it happen?

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I still play on a controller but switching to a monitor changed my game immediately for the better like holy poo poo.

you're welcome :smuggo:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

4 v 4 only is gonna be mad lovely

With sbmm, escaping into 6s was the only way to feel like the outcome of every match wasn't completely dependent on me trying super hard, and even then I couldn't totally fart around without every match being an automatic L for the squad. I guess if we were running full stomp squad I could, but that's not fun. Sometimes lit party chat is more fun than total butt raping, provided it doesn't swing the other way where my MM leads to total butt rape the other way.

Any time I've played 6s solo in the last few months unless I go hard as a motherfucker I lose.

I've had to put up games with 40 points in supremecy to win by ten in the last week. I have had games in clash where I've scored 5000 points and lost.

4 players is also going to mean two less retards feeding kills to the other team. A good individual will be able to carry and thats a whole lot better than how it is now. It also means theres 30% lower chance of having a red bar if/when they tighten the clamps.

I did see a whole lot less ability spam. Guys get to B and have to shoot each other rather than there being 2 axions, smoke, lightning and poo poo going everywhere.

Even slowed down slightly it'll be fairly quick moving.

I think it'll play well.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey guys Bungie here with another pre-release stream for Destiny 2: Oryx Strikes Back and we're happy to announce that we're bringing back 6 on 6 multiplayer! Yes with this new mode we call "Perpetual Mayhem Clash" brings back the oft-request fan favorite mode and...

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Hey guys Bungie here with another pre-release stream for Destiny 2: Oryx Strikes Back and we're happy to announce that we're bringing back 6 on 6 multiplayer! Yes with this new mode we call "Perpetual Mayhem Clash" brings back the oft-request fan favorite mode and...

..it will only cost 100 silver per game! It will have a special post-game loot pool that give unique and powerful weapons!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

those ign guys must play like garbage because the ttk feels like eons

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think we'll eventually see rumble and 6v6 but I also think we're gonna get ranked lists in the first dlc.

I don't think bungie ever expected the pvp to be as popular as it is which made the balance a nightmare. When spergs sperged.

Like Cheesefactory said its going to be a little more bland but a lot more balanced. You kind of cant have one without the other.

I thought the movement looked good in this build. The beta will show for sure how the slightly slower movement feels I guess.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Roman posted:

people who played at E3 etc. say the new IGN footage is a much older build. One of the devs was in Gigz' twitch stream and said titan lift isn't that fast now. So Bungie let IGN show an older build, gg

Could I bug you for a link to that information?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

They are bad, but they also raised TTK.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The guy playing the titan knew what he was doing.

The warlock... not so much

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

Half a clip into him and this guy didn't even take damage

http://i.imgur.com/Og4NupC.gifv

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

sadnessboner posted:

:lol:

Agreed on the Sentinel gameplay too, he was doing serious work with that minigun and I'm actually excited to use it now.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

:lol:

Agreed on the Sentinel gameplay too, he was doing serious work with that minigun and I'm actually excited to use it now.

Sorry hand cannons are the D2 meta and you'll be dead before the minigun spins up.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
So for the beta everyone will probably have a preset inventory with no items dropping. There is no social space for a cryptarch or storage. The beta will probably be pretty underwhelming.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

So you can shoot through your own titan wall?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

texaholic posted:

So for the beta everyone will probably have a preset inventory with no items dropping. There is no social space for a cryptarch or storage. The beta will probably be pretty underwhelming.

The first fresh content in 10 months will def disappoint.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

So you can shoot through your own titan wall?

No. It works like the bubble except it takes incoming damage. Or you use the half wall which you can crouch behind and it'll reload your weps and head glitch when you ads.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlindSite posted:

I mean, I feel like it's probably a good thing that they aren't giving up 25% of the entire game in the beta, but maybe that's just me? :shrug:

NostalgiaGoggles
Jul 25, 2007
three-time winner of the Upper Class Twit of the Year competition
who's ready to block friendly snipers and rockets? :getin:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

NostalgiaGoggles posted:

who's ready to block friendly snipers and rockets? :getin:

oh, me!

I'm also ready to think I have the wall or the buffzoneTM and then roll off a cliff instead

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

texaholic posted:

the last this week at Bungie touched on this

I'm wondering if they're going to start us with a pretty bare inventory and drip feed the weapons we've seen in all the previous footage as loot drops

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

where's the bubble i want my bubble

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

BlindSite posted:

I don't think it will disappoint just won't be as much content as some where expecting, particularly compared to the beta for D1.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Policenaut posted:

where's the bubble i want my bubble

It's there, you just haven't seen it yet..

With the exception of the homecoming mission

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

el B posted:

We should have some sort of contest for the best gif during beta. Kill feeds, sticks, funny geometry bullshit. There should be a random panel of judges who rank their favorite gifs and then somehow a winner is chosen and they get a cool prize or some poo poo like that.

Who's adult enough to organize and make it happen?

Hell I'll do it

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

SUNKOS posted:

Found another gameplay vid, this one showing the sentinel Titan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cVZZR8EGDU

Looks like the exact moment you pop a shield, damage is negated during the animation? Also that minigun owns.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

sadnessboner posted:

am i a loving idiot or is he not just shooting a teammate here, because the guy playing the warlock is trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yeah that's a good idea, I'm down to throw down $5 or whatever on a prize. I'm just not sure what the best way to do voting would be. Maybe a temporary thread with a poll?