Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

empty whippet box posted:

lol "normally"

Weren't there allegations that trump raped at least one 13 year old?

He was a frequent passenger on a private jet known as the Lolita Express.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
I don't think Trump is trying for a Speedrun as much as he's trying to break the high score for impeachable offenses.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/884539818579046402

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Overwined posted:

I don't think Trump is trying for a Speedrun as much as he's trying to break the high score for impeachable offenses.

Why not both?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Why on earth do these dopes insist on sending somebody out to the media with a message and then inevitably contradicting them, sometimes within the day or the hour?

Do they not know that having no consistency in their message means that it's very difficult to trust anything they say? Are they just that stupid or is it something else?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

pacerhimself posted:

Why on earth do these dopes insist on sending somebody out to the media with a message and then inevitably contradicting them, sometimes within the day or the hour?

Do they not know that having no consistency in their message means that it's very difficult to trust anything they say? Are they just that stupid or is it something else?

The more answers to a question you put out there, the more you muddle the message and confuse the "average American," thereby contributing to them inevitably not giving a gently caress anymore.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

pacerhimself posted:

Their base will trust them and vote for them no matter what.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

pacerhimself posted:

It's to keep the left distracted and confused in order to paralyze them. Like a weasel hunting a rabbit.

Good thing that isn't working.

:smith:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Captain Monkey posted:

It's to keep the left distracted and confused in order to paralyze them. Like a weasel hunting a rabbit.

"Let's all jump for joy!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0EYVdTv7GI

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

pacerhimself posted:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The more answers to a question you put out there, the more you muddle the message and confuse the "average American," thereby contributing to them inevitably not giving a gently caress anymore.

Oxxidation posted:

Their base will trust them and vote for them no matter what.

Captain Monkey posted:

All of these, and add in the people doing it because it's essentially a form of trolling.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Was this an actual thing that happened that there is news about? I don't want to google that.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Evil Fluffy posted:

I mean, so was Bill Clinton. I wouldn't put it past Bill, mind, but there are better pieces of evidence to point at Donald.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

But see https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=baNbN9lJUgJh_PLUS_VQ9ZDKUfw== , starting at p. 26

I want to take independent credit though because I've raised the common - law trial by combat argument before in this forum

All it takes is one judge who'll allow it, just one

when I got to the signature block and saw "staten island" i was just like yes, that is exactly what I was expecting

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.
Do normal innocent people have to constantly retweet any sycophant who thinks their crime isn't a big deal? Maybe that's part of the new Trumpian normal?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Captain Monkey posted:

Wait... what do weasels do when hunting rabbits? Now, I'm very curious.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How is the left currently distracted? What could the Dems currently be doing that would be more effective?

The left is in a difficult place but distracted? Not due to anything the Republicans are doing.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jul 11, 2017

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Burning_Monk posted:

Inevitably emerge victorious. :getin:

Edit: oh, we're the rabbit in the analogy, gently caress

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.

Burning_Monk posted:

Find a video of a weasel war dance. It's kind of cute.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Burning_Monk posted:

Flip around and twist and act flashy but slowly move towards the rabbit without looking like they are until they're close enough to kill it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Ferrets are cool pets. I rescued a ferret from a heroin addict well rescue is the wrong word. I stole a ferret from a heroin addict. Then one of my roommates left a window open and no more ferret.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

the lmbos were the fifth family, lawyer had nuttin' ta do wit'em!

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Was this an actual thing that happened that there is news about? I don't want to google that.

Google Jeffrey Epstein. He's the scumbag hedge fund billionaire that owned the Lolita Express and his own pedo island. The piece of poo poo got away with only doing a scant few months behind bars for trafficking underage girls. Trump, Bill Clinton and famous attorney Alan Dershowitz have all ridden on the Lolita Express.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How is the left currently distracted? What could the Dems currently be doing that would be more effective?

The left is in a difficult place but distracted? Not due to anything the Republicans are doing.

Anything that boils down to "trump is bad" means we aren't talking about "Democrats are good when they turn leftist"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Oh, to the guy who said his father was a historian and recently "admitted" to voting for Clinton because he believed history wouldn't forgive those who voted Trump, your dad is likely lying to your mom to save face since everything has turned to poo poo.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I don't know who invented the term "- burger" but they are going to be holding hands with the "alt right" coiner as they descend into hell.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Hollismason posted:

Ferrets are cool pets. I rescued a ferret from a heroin addict well rescue is the wrong word. I stole a ferret from a heroin addict. Then one of my roommates left a window open and no more ferret.

I'm sure it still had a reasonably happy life obliterating local fauna until expiring from the cancer that would have gotten it regardless. :3:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I don't know who invented the term "- burger" but they are going to be holding hands with the "alt right" coiner as they descend into hell.

Some German, I bet. :mad:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Brave New World posted:

Google Jeffrey Epstein. He's the scumbag hedge fund billionaire that owned the Lolita Express and his own pedo island. The piece of poo poo got away with only doing a scant few months behind bars for trafficking underage girls. Trump, Bill Clinton and famous attorney Alan Dershowitz have all ridden on the Lolita Express.

Runs international pedophile ring for years

Sentenced to 13 months in prison

A fifth of the minimum sentence for growing weed. Oh to be rich.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

DreamShipWrecked posted:

On here someone noticed that a whole bunch of people connected to the Clinton campaign tweeted the word "nothingburger" at once during the e-mail scandal hoping others would repeat it. Clinton fans immediately obliged

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 11, 2017

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Flip around and twist and act flashy but slowly move towards the rabbit without looking like they are until they're close enough to kill it.

IPlayVideoGames posted:

Find a video of a weasel war dance. It's kind of cute.

Crap, you guys weren't kidding. Now I've almost gotten fired because I'm watching Weasels spin and dance while killing rabbits at work (so worth it)!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Didn't see this posted yet and lol

https://twitter.com/AdamBlickstein/status/884499159847497730

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Burning_Monk posted:

Crap, you guys weren't kidding. Now I've almost gotten fired because I'm watching Weasels spin and dance while killing rabbits at work (so worth it)!

This same company doesn't mind you browsing a forum with "nigga" loading on every page?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

This same company doesn't mind you browsing a forum with "nigga" loading on every page?

With images disabled this forum looks like any other message board, but videos of squeaking balls of cuteness are harder to hide.

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jul 11, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Trabisnikof posted:

Anything that boils down to "trump is bad" means we aren't talking about "Democrats are good when they turn leftist"

Based on the Russian thread I feel that many Goons would rather Dems lose in 2020 than win because the Russian interference helped bring him down.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

No Butt Stuff posted:

I remember some QCS thread where a guy was complaining about FYAD's "cumming super hard in another man's hand" title. Dude was worried he was gonna have to explain gay handjobs to his boss

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

I remember some QCS thread where a guy was complaining about FYAD's "cumming super hard in another man's hand" title. Dude was worried he was gonna have to explain gay handjobs to his boss

Yeah, if they'd not do stupid poo poo like that with fyad I'd be pretty happy. But as it stands I just don't browse st work as much.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Based on the Russian thread I feel that many Goons would rather Dems lose in 2020 than win because the Russian interference helped bring him down.

Which, funnily enough, is the exact same accusation they level at "Third Way"/"bad Dems" (i.e. any Democrat who is either to the right of Our Dear Bernie, or commits the unforgivable sin of being (((coastal elitists))) by living in California/New York); just with "the Russian interference helped bring him down" ctrl+f replaced with "they went left".

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I want us to find out what happens, but I want the democrats to shift the left. Good progressive policy will only happen if we win seats, so I'm fine with things (that don't doing involve illegal things) that help us do it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Burning_Monk posted:

It's research into marketing and PR techniques as instantiated at more basic mammalian cognitive levels. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

More RightWing.txt than Trump, the NRA has released a massive cop out over the shooting of Philandro Castille

http://reason.com/blog/2017/07/10/nra-breaks-silence-on-philando-castile-s

quote:

Even Yanez's lawyers agreed that the shooting was tragic and avoidable (a position that seems at odds with his completely implausible claim that Castile really was drawing his gun). The dispute concerned who could and should have avoided the shooting: Should Yanez have been calmer and more careful, or was the onus on Castile to put the officer at ease after announcing that he was carrying a gun? Loesch splits the difference by saying "there were a lot of things that I wish would have been done differently."

• Locked thread