Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Godzilla 2k14 was boring as gently caress after Cranstons exit. Kong was at least cheesy and dumb in a fun way. Sam Jackson tried to stare down a giant ape man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

vermin posted:

Jay is obviously the mother

A powerful simulator to even account for the fetal alcohol syndrome.

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

You legit have a brain fungus if you don't like Lego Batman.

I also like movies geared towards children with ADD

I was forced to bring kids to that POS and it was a loving nightmare to sit through.

like the idea of an adult enjoying lego batman is just :lol:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only good parts of westworld are dr ford and dolores, maeve loving sucked and ruined that show for me

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

autism computer lady and thors brother were cool

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Super Fan posted:

I also like movies geared towards children with ADD

Look at this bad opinion. Look at it and laugh.

I guess you also think The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie wasn't the best film of the decade 2000-2009.

I mean, you're so grown up. Look at your minivan and 401k and crippling identity crisis and unfulfillment. So adult. We're very impressed.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Pre rec is real bad and Rich is actually kinda a dick irl

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Look at this bad opinion. Look at it and laugh.

I guess you also think The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie wasn't the best film of the decade 2000-2009.

I mean, you're so grown up. Look at your minivan and 401k and crippling identity crisis and unfulfillment. So adult. We're very impressed.

dog SUVs are the minivans of today, minivans are now alternative-cool-ironic.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

KakerMix posted:

dog SUVs are the minivans of today, minivans are now alternative-cool-ironic.

This is just a marketing ploy by the same people who tell middle America that Blue Moon is a craft beer, PBR is ironic cool, and cats are pets and not disease vectors that destroy your home and social life.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

This is just a marketing ploy by the same people who tell middle America that Blue Moon is a craft beer, PBR is ironic cool, and cats are pets and not disease vectors that destroy your home and social life.

have you been outside sir

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

holy gently caress look at this iconoclast! Really has a pulse on what's "not cool" ! PBR? gently caress that poo poo! HAHA and look at all those blue collar slobs thinkin' they're classy drinking Blue Moon. I, A GLISTEING HODOR, will give you the lowdown

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Super Fan posted:

PBR? gently caress that poo poo!

Heineken!

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

FrankeeFrankFrank posted:

I walked in the room, looked at the tv and asked, "Is this Lego Batman or real batman?" They all answered "Lego Batman"... and then I laughed at them.

"Step aside kids, and let me show you a visionary called Christopher Nolan."

Yaws posted:

Look at the future of mankind

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Super Fan posted:

holy gently caress look at this iconoclast! Really has a pulse on what's "not cool" ! PBR? gently caress that poo poo! HAHA and look at all those blue collar slobs thinkin' they're classy drinking Blue Moon. I, A GLISTEING HODOR, will give you the lowdown

I have a feeling that if I called your favorite band "dad rock" you'd be in the belltower, so instead I'll neutralize this situation by agreeing with you that selfies are the participation trophies of fidget spinners.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Shin Godzilla or Godzilla 2K14?

Yes.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
As far as the Spider-Man franchise and the MCU, Spider-Man Homecoming was quite refreshing and enjoyable, good work everyone, B+.

Baby Driver was fine, a pleasant and forgettable 120 minutes; solid work Edgar but maybe bring back the jokes next time. But not the jokes from Scott Pilgrim, that poo poo was loving lame.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I always forget Scott Pilgrim was Edgar Wright because Wright's movies tend to have really well crafted, layered jokes where you can find a new joke each time you watch it, versus Scott Pilgrim where every joke is explained by a third party or the omnipotent voiceover/screen text.

It's like Family Guy brand humor.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright seem to be better together than the sum of their parts

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Yaws posted:

Yeah pre rec breaks a lot of the illusions I had about rlm.

For example when I found out that the 4chan post positing Rich's crackbaby past is what lead him to eschew alcohol it really saddened me.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I always forget Scott Pilgrim was Edgar Wright because Wright's movies tend to have really well crafted, layered jokes where you can find a new joke each time you watch it, versus Scott Pilgrim where every joke is explained by a third party or the omnipotent voiceover/screen text.

It's like Family Guy brand humor.

To be fair it was an adaptation of a lovely comic.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

super sweet best pal posted:

To be fair it was an adaptation of a lovely comic.

Which is why I'm ambivolous about Ant-man.

Would Edgar's version be better than what we got? Yes.

Would it have been a GOOD Edgar Wright film? No.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I like Scott Pilgrim a lot but a lot of it is due to the canadian-ness.

My people

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I was gonna make a joke about Canada, but I realized Canadians always give us a welcomed reprieve from Josh, so really they're like the best bros ever.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I really didn't like Scott pilgrim when it came out and neither did the box office!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

reignofevil posted:

I really didn't like Scott pilgrim when it came out and neither did the box office!

Edgar Wright really didn't get Scott Pilgrim beyond the fact that it had crazy visuals.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Kieran Culkin was my favourite part of Scott Pilgrim, it's weird he hasn't been in more stuff. He was also good in his brief stint on S2 of Fargo.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah it was pretty drat bad

A lot of style and -nothing- else going for it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Well that's pretty much Baby Driver.

It'd be stupid to call it contrived because that's the whole point but it's definitely a film of zero substance.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Well that's pretty much Baby Driver.

It'd be stupid to call it contrived because that's the whole point but it's definitely a film of zero substance.

And yet...

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I read the comic, and it was bad. The movie was better than the comic.

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

vermin posted:

Jay is obviously the mother

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

PostNouveau posted:

I read the comic, and it was bad. The movie was better than the comic.

name one comic that is good, i dare you

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

Watchmen

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Wrong, it wasn't very good

What was so good about it? You buffoon

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

Wrong, it wasn't very good

poo poo, uhhhhhhh The Killing Joke

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Zzulu posted:

The Outbursts of Everette True.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Zzulu posted:

Sandman, Lucifer, and Saga. everything else sucks

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The sonic the hedgehog comic was super adult and laid down some serious truths and also it made me gently caress a man in a turtle costume

I mean it's a good comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Zzulu posted:

Transformers vs. G.I. Joe

• Locked thread