Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1071673943/amabrush-worlds-first-automatic-toothbrush

I don't even know what to say about this..
It even has proprietary pods!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sormus posted:

I recently received spam concerning a Kickstarter campaign. I decided to forward the kickstarter page here because its just a portable Keurig.

10.5 minutes?

gently caress that. I'm going to market a portable coffeemaker that takes model rocket engines. Cold to boiling in under eight seconds.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Pedestrian is from latin. Podometer is from greek. Pedometer is a chimera since you are not supposed to mix greek and latin etymology (but it still happens nevertheless, like automobile or homosexual).

Pedometrum, then, for latin? Pedemetrum? Something else entirely?

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Shai-Hulud posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1071673943/amabrush-worlds-first-automatic-toothbrush

I would buy this if it existed, worked, and did an excellent job.

I guess I won't be buying this.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

yoloer420 posted:

I would buy this if it existed, worked, and did an excellent job.

I guess I won't be buying this.

Yeah, if this was a product by a known toothbrush manufacturer I'd be all over it.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

gschmidl posted:

Yeah, if this was a product by a known toothbrush manufacturer I'd be all over it.

Apparently GSK was working on something similar a while back, but abandoned it after users were completely freaked out in testing.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Also I don't like that they call foot soldiers babies.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

DoctorTristan posted:

Apparently GSK was working on something similar a while back, but abandoned it after users were completely freaked out in testing.

I can't believe testers didn't respond well to having a motorized thing both supported by and moving around in their mouths. Really surprising.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Rapulum_Dei posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/141658446/digitsole-smartshoe-the-worlds-first-intelligent-s/description

Integrated with wearable technology. In a shoe!

Sorry I was late, my phone battery was dead so I couldn't put my shoes on,

($114,747 pledged of $50,000 goal
509 backers)

Micro USB instead of USB-C, what the gently caress are those shafts driven by, I'll assume a worm? How much flex is needed to crack the battery so you incinerate your retarded e-feet in your e-shoes for your e-life? Please say "not much".

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's ballgag season on kickstarter

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Shai-Hulud posted:

No bluetooth, no app, no API. What is this, the bronze age?

Also, that triggers my gag reflex through the monitor.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Rapulum_Dei posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/141658446/digitsole-smartshoe-the-worlds-first-intelligent-s/description

Integrated with wearable technology. In a shoe!

Sorry I was late, my phone battery was dead so I couldn't put my shoes on,

($114,747 pledged of $50,000 goal
509 backers)

I know we all want the self-lacing sneakers from Back to the Future, but those look like shite.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Trabant posted:

Also, that triggers my gag reflex through the monitor.

Less space than a Nomad too. Lame.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Pedestrian is from latin. Podometer is from greek. Pedometer is a chimera since you are not supposed to mix greek and latin etymology (but it still happens nevertheless, like automobile or homosexual).

do you also believe that you shouldn't split infinitives lol

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Infantives.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

The Lone Badger posted:

10.5 minutes?

gently caress that. I'm going to market a portable coffeemaker that takes model rocket engines. Cold to boiling in under eight seconds.

Talk to this guy.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/779120233/wallakoozie-the-first-wallet-to-have-a-built-in-ko?ref=category_newest

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Well, it's lovely dollar-store crap, but it actually does what it's supposed to, unlike most of the stuff here.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

The Lone Badger posted:

10.5 minutes?

It's called a jetboil.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

... WHY? This has to have been thought up by throwing darts at words on a wall. "Today I'm going to design a..." *THUNK* "...wallet that's also a..." *THUNK* "...koozie. Huh. Stupid, but better than yesterday." *looks at a food blender that's also an automatic hand-washer, still covered in former partner's blood*

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Sunswipe posted:

... WHY? This has to have been thought up by throwing darts at words on a wall. "Today I'm going to design a..." *THUNK* "...wallet that's also a..." *THUNK* "...koozie. Huh. Stupid, but better than yesterday." *looks at a food blender that's also an automatic hand-washer, still covered in former partner's blood*

It's for the person who drinks often enough that a kitschy drinking thing would be practical to carry around, but slowly enough that the drink holding its temperature is a real concern. Also, a person who doesn't feel ashamed handing anybody a damp bill from a soggy wallet.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SpacePig posted:

It's for the person who drinks often enough that a kitschy drinking thing would be practical to carry around, but slowly enough that the drink holding its temperature is a real concern. Also, a person who doesn't feel ashamed handing anybody a damp bill from a soggy wallet.

Sounds like that person would be a total idiot.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

SpacePig posted:

We have plastic money here and it's hot enough all year round that a drink cooler is quite useful. This product is still stupid as gently caress and no court would convict the people who beat you up for using it.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

I can't think of a single benefit this would provide over just carrying around a regular koozie and a regular wallet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Are you really going to need a koozie often enough to incorporate it into your wallet anyway?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Shai-Hulud posted:

How does it brush the back side of your teeth?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Collateral Damage posted:

How does it brush the back side of your teeth?

I think it's like those mouth guards that surround the teeth from all sides.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
We had all the best engineering minds to create this new toothbrush/juicer/tortilla maker for a modern age. We couldn't figure how to do it without some sort of consumable subscription item. Only our special batteries/toothpaste/chopped veggies fit into our one of a kind design, built to the highest standards.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

gschmidl posted:

I think it's like those mouth guards that surround the teeth from all sides.
Looks to me that there are only brushes on the outside, and the inside is just a rubber piece to bite on to hold it in place. But since it's all white and every picture of it is overexposed it's hard to see.

Trabant posted:

Ahem.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I still can't figure out who could possibly need or want that automatic tooth-brushing rig. Maybe it would be useful for people with disabilities that limit their manual dexterity? But that Kickstarter is so focused on BRUSHING YOUR TEETH IS HARD AND TEDIOUS when it's, what, maybe ten minutes a day? I can't imagine any time savings would make up for having to wrangle with that goddamn orthodontic rig and proprietary toothpaste pods, even if it did an amazing job and was in business long enough that I could reliably keep buying replacement pods instead of the company inevitably dying within three months of Kickstarter delivery, if Kickstarter delivery happens at all.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

As much as I hate to admit it, you can't clean your teeth with that thing. It'd be nice, I know. You have to brush and floss and so on. Sorry.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Antivehicular posted:

BRUSHING YOUR TEETH IS HARD AND TEDIOUS

I mean, it's neither, but it's a waste of perfectly good 5 minutes I'd have otherwise.

Not backing that... thing, but just saying.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Truga posted:

I mean, it's neither, but it's a waste of perfectly good 5 minutes I'd have otherwise.

I dunno. I mean... brushing my teeth isn't like the high point of my day, but it's a pretty inoffensive few minutes in the morning and a few minutes at night. Yes, technically I could spend those minutes shitposting, but who cares? I know half of Kickstarter these days is about trying to convince the Internet that some basic daily task is what's standing between you and ultimate self-actualization, but Christ, just do basic dental hygiene. It's not hard, it doesn't take long, just goddamn do it. I somehow have less sympathy for the market for this thing than I do the people who can't figure out how to make tortillas without a proprietary pod thing, and that's a low-rear end bar.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
It's pretty easy to brush your teeth incorrectly without noticing, but that only seems like it'd compound the problem, rather than solving it.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Truga posted:

i'm sorry but how does it take you 5 minutes to brush your teeth

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Very carefully.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

What's wrong with electric toothbrushes? It even solves the incorrect brushing problem and most certainly doesn't take 5 min

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

I love brushing my teeth because I blew $6 on one of these things

you can legit feel it excavating between your teeth and pummelling your gums.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

canis minor posted:

What's wrong with electric toothbrushes? It even solves the incorrect brushing problem and most certainly doesn't take 5 min
There's nothing wrong with electric toothbrushes. But that's a completely different thing than putting bristles on a mouth guard and calling it the future of tooth brushing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

i'm sorry but how does it take you 5 minutes to brush your teeth

It should take at least four minutes, not counting flossing. If you're doing less then you might as well not do it.