Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
He used to say human being sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

10 REASONS WHY YOU'RE A PODCASTING human being

I love the UYD Archive.

http://archive.uhhyeahdu.de/episodes/episode-74

21m54s

H A T T A M fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jul 11, 2017

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

H A T T A M posted:

10 REASONS WHY YOU'RE A PODCASTING human being

I love the UYD Archive.

http://archive.uhhyeahdu.de/episodes/episode-74

21m54s

Maybe one of the greatest bits UYD has ever done. What's crazy the poo poo they call out is still super loving common in podcasts and makes most of them unlistenable.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Oh man, that ep has the first "no gay poo poo " segment too. Good ep

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I love Jah for who he is, but he is a dumbass.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
it's wack i.e. not cool

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
It ls wrong to say cuss words.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Oh yeah, I remember that now. Also, them talking about their childhood "human being tests" involving getting shocked or a pencil led ground into your arm.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
They shouldn't tell stories from their childhood that have cuss words in them either.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I love Jah for who he is, but he is a dumbass.

He is, but the show wouldn't be anywhere near as good as it is if he weren't.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

C-Euro posted:

He is, but the show wouldn't be anywhere near as good as it is if he weren't.

Oh agreed, he's perfect. It's part of the textural aesthetic experience. Seat belts

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
How much can your dad bench press.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Biodome posted:

How much can your dad bench press.

Which episode is that again

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Seltzer posted:

Which episode is that again

episode 12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzBhzq1mEvU

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

What an insane story. What, you don't remember the thing that happened to me once, 25 years ago? Remember, complete stranger, that thing that happened to me when I was in elementary school in Malibu? Why aren't you getting the ref, it's a sick ref.

Even if it was some kind of universal cultural thing, how does orphan relate to dad has no arms. Johnathan's brain works in mysterious, some would say very stupid, ways.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/UhhYeahDude/status/885198603349762048

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I have not done patreon because there is no additional content. Paywalling the live EPs seems like a good move for them. I'll pay up when they start doing it. Didn't they pretty much invent the patreon podcast model?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

n8r posted:

Didn't they pretty much invent the patreon podcast model?

Not at all? They were super late to the game and really bad podcasts have crazily monetized themselves before uyd. El Chapo Crap House makes 70k a month from Patreon. UYD could be pulling in a lot more money but I feel like they're way too hung up on the idea of selling out. All their donation levels are basically "thanks". No content no perks. While people should donate to something they've listened to for 10 years other patreons have shown that extra content and perks can remind people of a shows value or give a reason to consistently donate.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Seltzer posted:

Not at all? They were super late to the game and really bad podcasts have crazily monetized themselves before uyd. El Chapo Crap House makes 70k a month from Patreon. UYD could be pulling in a lot more money but I feel like they're way too hung up on the idea of selling out. All their donation levels are basically "thanks". No content no perks. While people should donate to something they've listened to for 10 years other patreons have shown that extra content and perks can remind people of a shows value or give a reason to consistently donate.

wow.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

They're still doing the patreon live eps right? I couldn't tell in the latest episode whether or not they bailed because of internet whiners.

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
It sounds like they are starting from here on out

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Seth talks about a 28-year old not knowing Walk Like An Egyptian but I'm 29 and I def remember hearing that song on the radio when I was like six or seven years old. But I have a weird-rear end memory for music so I accept being an anomaly here.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Seltzer posted:

Ah weird, I'd never heard of anyone do it prior to UYD. It seems like their model hasn't been nearly as effective as the $5/month for extra content model. I thought that strategy came out 'after' the UYD patreon started. I don't think patreon had the ability to do the feeds when they started out.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Starting a run from episode one, bring back laughing and slapping.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Biodome posted:

Starting a run from episode one, bring back laughing and slapping.

I'll be on my ninth series run through in the next month. Feels new every time.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
It's so good. Listening to the oldest person bit they had and laughing thinking about them going to meet Gertrude Baines and her hating Jonathan.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
It makes perfect sense that Seth would immediately endear himself to the elderly just by copiously saying "God bless you :)"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It's a trip but fair warning- don't try to do this if you have a bunch of other podcasts to listen to. I started this 3-4 years ago with like a dozen other podcasts on my listening schedule and I only finished the UYD re-listen a couple months ago. That said I kind of want to do it again...

Speaking of the classics, whatever happened to the This Year podcast? They had a few really good UYD best-of episodes, I miss those.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

It's discontinued but archived. I pulled their Loveline compilations a couple months ago.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"EFG has a band, it's a gentleman by the name of Neptune, it's trans-cultural hybrid tribal groove ambient purple lovestep funk-hop tech-soul glitch-funk"

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'm on my 3rd or 4th series run through and it's always great to hear them talk about things like MySpace/Blackberry being huge deals or not knowing who Barack Obama is (in a different way than DMX not knowing who Barack is). Or Jonathan going on vacation and suddenly Twitter becomes a big deal overnight, him coming back and having no clue what the gently caress everyone is talking about.

Carlton Banks fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 14, 2017

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Yeah it's super cool getting to relive the world going from kinda wierd but cool to the horrible nightmare bizzaro world of today :pervert:

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I just passed the 08 election on my listen-through. Bittersweet memories.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
If I recall correctly, don't they refrain from talking about Obama until a while after the election?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Binowru posted:

If I recall correctly, don't they refrain from talking about Obama until a while after the election?

I remember them making fun of McCain for a gaffe of his but that was really about it

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

Binowru posted:

He popped up occasionally during the primaries, like when they made fun of some guy that ranked candidates based on how cute their kids were and picked Obama to win

Carlton Banks fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jul 15, 2017

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Binowru posted:

1:06 bottom left corner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtLbT476C40

e: lmao

The Wiggly Wizard fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 15, 2017

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

no way lmao

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Love Jonathan.