Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

I'd read that the Nighthawk S has hydraulic valve lifters, making regular valve adjustments a non-issue. But do you have to split the cases to replace the starter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Sagebrush posted:

Looks like it was originally a 1984-86 CB750SC / Nighthawk S.

Really loving disappointing that the kid ruined it like that because it is another one of those bikes that has ultimate 1980s style. Check out those gauges

That windscreen would make a really good housing for your custom gauges on the hawk imo.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lol you think I wouldn't make my own fairing and windscreen if it came to that

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Your hubris will be your downfall.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
Biker tries to outrun the Finnish police

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B8CE18KWXk

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

dumb. posted:

Biker tries to outrun the Finnish police

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B8CE18KWXk

I watched the first like three minutes of that thinking "drat, that cop is really keeping up with this guy, it sounds like the siren is right there!" before I realized the camera is on the police motorcycle and he's chasing the guy ahead of him. :downs:

I think it was the insane speeds and dangerous passes at the beginning that tricked me. I guess the cop had already been called for something by that point, but like, the move at 1:03? JFC that is not really being a model motorcyclist

e: guaaaaaaah 4:05 :stare:

e2: that guy running has his girlfriend on the back?!??

e3: okay holy fuckin poo poo everyone's gotta watch this video. 6:25 :stare: :stare: :stare: 10:30 :catstare: :stonk: this is a better motorcycle chase than you've ever seen in a movie, let alone real life

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jul 14, 2017

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Sagebrush posted:

I watched the first like three minutes of that thinking "drat, that cop is really keeping up with this guy, it sounds like the siren is right there!" before I realized the camera is on the police motorcycle and he's chasing the guy ahead of him. :downs:

I think it was the insane speeds and dangerous passes at the beginning that tricked me. I guess the cop had already been called for something by that point, but like, the move at 1:03? JFC that is not really being a model motorcyclist

e: guaaaaaaah 4:05 :stare:

e2: that guy running has his girlfriend on the back?!??

e3: okay holy fuckin poo poo everyone's gotta watch this video. 6:25 :stare: :stare: :stare: 10:30 :catstare: :stonk: this is a better motorcycle chase than you've ever seen in a movie, let alone real life

Yeah, honestly the cop seems, In a few places, like he's lucky he didn't end up eating it, due to near reckless driving

The Bananana fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 14, 2017

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I cant believe that no one died and that chase wasn't called off for safety. Also was that an M109R being chased? That really hauled rear end for a cruiser 2 up.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah, that was a hell of a thing, but I feel like in most places the cop would have let him go at any number of points. Like when he was hitting what had to be triple-digit speeds through the center of a residential neighborhood with pedestrians and cyclists everywhere. Or maybe when the guy was going against three lanes of traffic and weaving in between cars.

Unbelievably dangerous but also really impressive riding from both riders, tbh. The fact that the runner was able to do all that on a cruiser with a second person on the back really speaks volumes about the quality of European motorcycle licensing (assuming the guy had a license, I guess). In the USA that would have ended with a lowside about thirty seconds into the chase when they first went onto the grass.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
:suspense:

Watched the whole thing and couldn't look away. Do they hire their motorcycle police out of MotoGP?! And that Harley(!!!) rider is incredibly talanted. Doing it with a pillian, too. :aaaaa: I'm frightened as a pillion just tooling around a parking lot. THAT pillion is counterballancing with their legs and stuff.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

rdb posted:

Also was that an M109R being chased? That really hauled rear end for a cruiser 2 up.

I think it is. The tail and exhaust look right, the tank marking looks right, but he's put a custom headlight or something on it (pause at around 1:20 in the video, it's the best angle I could find)

Coydog posted:

:suspense:

Watched the whole thing and couldn't look away. Do they hire their motorcycle police out of MotoGP?! And that Harley(!!!) rider is incredibly talanted. Doing it with a pillian, too. :aaaaa: I'm frightened as a pillion just tooling around a parking lot. THAT pillion is counterballancing with their legs and stuff.

Too bad she just gets dumped on her rear end at the end while the rider tries to high-tail it out on foot. Wouldn't call him particularly talented either - he and the cop both got lucky several times, but neither of them are STREET ROSSI

VV according to the description on YT, 144km/h in an 80km/h zone, then ran

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 14, 2017

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

:stare: what the gently caress did they do??

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Is everyone in Finland on meth? Even the cops?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I just got to the start of the chase and the camera bike had some many questionable actions and bad technique at the beginning that I thought it was the person running...

After reading the comments here I'm surprised to learn that he's apparently a good rider. Time to watch

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I mean he's a "good" rider in the sense that he somehow survives a bunch of ludicrously dangerous situations that he put himself in. He has really quick reflexes.

But there's definitely a point after a few minutes where you're like "nooooo loving way should be be continuing this chase any longer" and he just keeps on going

also lol @ the moment he gets off the bike at the end and drops it

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I'd argue that the guy running is the better rider. To do that on a cruiser with a pillion is impressive. And some of those gaps he opens up are huge. If it was just him on his own, it would have been short and boring.

Also, the cop is just hammering the rev limiter throughout.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

10:30 is insane, and they're both incredibly lucky they're alive and didn't kill some people in a car.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

He got the red mist, chasing on adrenaline and not thinking. 6:20 was 90% luck.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
The stop the cop blows around 6:20 is stunning.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

The fact that they didn't get taken out by other drivers is interesting too. Is there also a greater level of general driving instruction in Finland? A lot of the drivers they were overtaking saw them coming a long ways off, likewise for drivers in intersections.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The comments say the chase started after the cop caught him going 144km/h, but that's only ("only") like...85 miles an hour? Both the cop and the runner spent half the chase going much faster than that.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
More so then the riding, the impressive thing was the road knowledge there. Obviously the running rider knew the area cause some of those shortcuts were choice af.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Is everyone in Finland on meth? Even the cops?

*guitar riff*
METH COPS!!

a cute sea otter
Apr 24, 2017

I shall personally eat your entrails on my tummy!

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I'd argue that the guy running is the better rider. To do that on a cruiser with a pillion is impressive. And some of those gaps he opens up are huge. If it was just him on his own, it would have been short and boring.

Well, he does lose the right case cases at some point. Maybe that one didn't have any of the drugs in it?

a cute sea otter fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jul 14, 2017

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

It looks like a police van tries to stop him at 6:34 but doesn't block his way in time. At least I think it's a police van.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
My brother is learning to ride and I'm trying to explain target fixation. Does anyone have any good :moot: videos I can use to explain it with?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

YF19pilot posted:

My brother is learning to ride and I'm trying to explain target fixation. Does anyone have any good :moot: videos I can use to explain it with?

Show him this rider educational reference video

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

YF19pilot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXfM4tbx9nY

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

YF19pilot posted:

There's a good clip near the beginning of the latest No Prisoners where the lead rider fixates and goes straight through the turn, and the camera bike follows him right off the road.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
https://youtu.be/1Mo5JYUwXQs

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Here you go. Dude looks in the ravine, dude goes in the ravine.

And crashes a very clean, very stock, very nice looking CBR F3 to boot :smith:

https://youtu.be/Sf41u_F5DWs

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Here you go. Dude looks in the ravine, dude goes in the ravine.

And crashes a very clean, very stock, very nice looking CBR F3 to boot :smith:

https://youtu.be/Sf41u_F5DWs

When a spot looks familiar so you rewind and realize that it's 10 minutes away from you

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

The comments say the chase started after the cop caught him going 144km/h, but that's only ("only") like...85 miles an hour? Both the cop and the runner spent half the chase going much faster than that.

144km/h in an 80km/h zone.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Still, the things that happened in that chase must be like 100 times as dangerous as whatever he was going to get pulled over for.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

nsaP posted:

When a spot looks familiar so you rewind and realize that it's 10 minutes away from you

Is this one of your coworkers???

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
LMAO Yammie Noob:

quote:

Why I Don't Watch Motovlogs Anymore and Vehicle Update

Published on Jul 10, 2017
It's an over saturated format, and I'm kind of glad it's going the way of the dinosaur. Motorcycle videos are still rad though.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

LMAO Yammie Noob:

Also known as "I can't do this thing any more so it's no longer cool"

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~