Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

That would make the game into easy mode, when clearly the correct answer for corporate profits is just to have you pay for more Orlandeaus so when you hit all 5 some are bound to chain together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Khisanth Magus posted:

You'd think that using the Auto button to trigger everyone automatically would work for syncing, but people manage to chain even worse that way that manually sometimes. Sometimes it does work though.

In Brave Frontier you have that option, as well as picking the order and setting a spacing delay down to the millisecond. I would not be surprised if this feature sneaks in if they ever implement auto-repeat questing in Brave Exvius.

Seriously Gumi, all you need to do to get a bunch of my money for lapis refills is to put in auto-repeat questing.

(I don't use emulators anymore, Memu and Nox both crash a ton and not dealing with Gumi's CS if they randomly ban me again for poo poo getting glitched that way)

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

There isn't any budget Ramza, right? Sounds like he's going to be a requirement for several trials.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I think it's funny how they pretty much admit that most people aren't going to be able to beat this trial until later content is released. I guess the only people beating it will be the whales or those twitch streamers that people donate money to, to watch them play. I'd be doing 5-8 10+1 pulls a banner if people were handed over hundreds of dollars to watch me do it.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

PaybackJack posted:

I think it's funny how they pretty much admit that most people aren't going to be able to beat this trial until later content is released. I guess the only people beating it will be the whales or those twitch streamers that people donate money to, to watch them play. I'd be doing 5-8 10+1 pulls a banner if people were handed over hundreds of dollars to watch me do it.

Well, yeah, I'd have no problems whaling up a storm if it was someone else's money.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

PaybackJack posted:

The trial actually looks really cool and fun on paper though. Isn't the reward just a really strong fist weapon? At least it's not a super must-have like large sword mastery for orlandeu.

On the subject of whaling; the biggest deterrence for me is that every time I've actually spent money on pulls in a gacha game, I've gotten jack poo poo for it. But yet I've pulled some great poo poo like orlandeus and ramza on daily pulls. :shrug: Whaling feels like a fools errand even though I know it's all just 100% RNG.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
From Reddit, the trial rewards and mission rewards:

Reward: Aigaion's Arm [Knuckles] +145 ATK, Passive: High Tide (100% LB Fill Rate)

Mission Clear: 100 Lapis

Use LB : 10% Trust Moogle

Summon Ramuh : Knuckle Mastery (50% ATK w/ Knuckles)

No Magic: World Collapse [Materia], (400% Physical AoE & 35% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR break for three turns [60 MP)

The last one is a straight up check to see if you have Tilith. I guess maybe you could do it with the Ilias bug?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if i could somehow monetize my ramza enhancements doomsaying i would be buying a helicopter right now

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

since i can't sleep from being sick and in pain i decided to read up on reddits thoughts on all of the fallout related to the enhancement choices, the lunera thing, all of that, and one thing i am very curious about is their opinions on ramza. now granted, the ramza enhancements are quite strong and i suppose for whatever reason you could stan for gumi here and say they dont want to break the game with enhanced ramza. i think that's a sort of weird rooting for the house thing and it also pretends he's impossible to balance difficulty around which i find extremely weird considering they're currently basing difficulty around a meta that experienced enhanced ramza and redesigning around NOT having it, which, i mean is that meaningfully different but whatever. but here's what i don't get, which are all of the people saying currently 5* ramza is fine because he's a good defensive breaker. i can't tell if they're really that stupid or just disingenuous but in what world does a 40% attack debuff, or magic debuff, count as "good" breaker. wol hits magic and attack together for 45% in an aoe and he's a base 4* who is also an amazing tank. crush weapon also hits attack and magic for the same debuff percent as ramza and is attached to a serious dps unit. zyrus does straight up 50% magic debuff.

the place in the game where we're at single target 40% break to one offensive skill is inadequate at best and if you were to bring along a "breaker" you'd be nuts to do so with ramza. also the much mocked delita has actual breaks that blow those away, and, again, he's the bedile of 5*. so i genuinely dont get these "unenhanced ramza is a fine and useable unit" kool aid they're drinking or why people are so het up to try and apologize and defend a unit that is either totally useless or going to be overpowered. edit: not only that but now we're in a situation where it's almost certainly just going to be fundamentally better to have lunera if the projected gl enhancements are correct, since she'll be 90% of ramzas stat buffs with better hp/mp regen and some actual damage dealing uses, and that's even assuming there's only a month delay for him getting his enhancements and that they won't be changed.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I think they realized that waiting for Roy was going to piss off too many people who rolled hard on Ramza due to his status in JP so by buffing Lunera they can enhance Ramza next month having already gotten people to roll for Lunera; similar to how we got the WoL enhancements a few weeks after we got Wilhelm. When Roy comes he's still going to be as good as Ramza or Lunera so I don't think they're worried that the whales won't still whale for him.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jul 11, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am still pretty sure there's a non-zero chance that we don't see ramza enhancements until roy and the global lunera buffs are supposed to be the placeholder that's supposed to not piss us off about that

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Spending my EX tickets now since...well why not?

4* Ashe

Galuf
Camille
Arc
4* King
Trey

Miyuki
4* Luka
Garland
4* Vanille
Elle

Not a terrible group, that's my third King which makes his TM easier to get and with that Ashe I can now run 4 75% bonus units for the event.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

I uh wow I wasn't aware of any Fan Fiesta that went on, but 35% worth of TM moogles and 11 summon tickets in the mail? VIVA LA FAN FIESTA!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
My Olive's LB is maxed now. Time to work on Rikku I guess so I can cheese poo poo later.

Blorknorg posted:

I uh wow I wasn't aware of any Fan Fiesta that went on, but 35% worth of TM moogles and 11 summon tickets in the mail? VIVA LA FAN FIESTA!

I think there was some kind of character design contest? I know a few people submitted clones of collab event units like Liquid Metal Slime that we'll never get.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jul 11, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

PaybackJack posted:

Spending my EX tickets now since...well why not?

4* Ashe

Galuf
Camille
Arc
4* King
Trey

Miyuki
4* Luka
Garland
4* Vanille
Elle

Not a terrible group, that's my third King which makes his TM easier to get and with that Ashe I can now run 4 75% bonus units for the event.

Part of me wanted to believe that they may have hosed with the rates on these EX pulls to entice people to spend $. Guess not.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This latest set of units and enhancements were a wet fart. The most exiting thing is Camillas 6* which seems to have turn her into a very budget and decent chainer that can work with two of the most powerful units in the game, Tidus and Eileen. Funny, her story about going in as a novice and wishing to become powerful became true.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This latest set of units and enhancements were a wet fart. The most exiting thing is Camillas 6* which seems to have turn her into a very budget and decent chainer that can work with two of the most powerful units in the game, Tidus and Eileen. Funny, her story about going in as a novice and wishing to become powerful became true.

Luneth becomes the best capper in the game and DKC finally becomes usable. But yeah if you don't have either of them the rest is mediocre to rear end.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Luneth becomes the best capper in the game and DKC finally becomes usable. But yeah if you don't have either of them the rest is mediocre to rear end.

Im talking about the japanese version. The us version is fine, getting lunera is good and luneth and drk cecil are good enhancements making two boring old 5* into good units. The japanese version got a 5* jake that still sucks rear end, milktoast enhancements to like 8 units.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jul 11, 2017

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
This game has just
remorselessly destroyed me over the last two weeks.
Didn't get Tilith, no problem, saved up for Rikku.
140+ pulls later, she finally appeared. Only rainbow other than the guaranteed one was a Queen literally right before the Rikku.
Okay, that sucked huge balls, but maybe my luck will improve.
Oh hey, freebie EX tickets, lets blow em.
5th ticket is a rainbow, holy crap! Two rainbows in a week, that's amazing, they're usually spaced out over 3+ months for me. DESPERATELY need a good damage dealer at this point, so I'm hyped.
loving Lightning, the most useless character in the game. God drat.
Okay fine, lets keep going. Regular EX tickets were all trash, with loads of those stupid type 0 turds, but whatever, typical. 4* EX ticket, go!
Yet another rainbow?! Is it finally time for my luck to turn around?! No, gently caress you, its another Queen.

Look at this god drat royal flush of type 0 shits. I am almost speechless at how abysmal my luck is at this point.
Can't put a dent in bosses due to lack of good 5* chainers and the game gives me 2 Queens and a Lightning. gently caress this game.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Destroyed by the gacha

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
So, I guess we're not getting a coin deal. Amazon'

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I think at this point it's safe to say that Type-0 units are easily the new Bedile.

I used my tickets and, by gum, if my pulls were typical of what I can expect from EX tickets then I ain't buying Lapis, not even a useful TM in the bunch.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

My first EX ticket was Bedile and you can guess how it went from there. My three yellows were Rosa, Vanille, and Hope.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got three golds from my 10 ex tickets:
Mercedes#2
Agrias#14
First ever Setzer yaaaay

also i accidentally pulled with my 4* guaranteed ex ticket since i wasnt paying attention, and it was Hope. all three of my guaranteed 4* pulls from tickets have been Hope. which is really, really tragically unfunny.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I got Reberta from my EX tickets :woop: Time to grind her TMR spear!

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Everyone's burning their tickets? Shooting for something or just because?

I figured I'd hold mine for a bit.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BDawg posted:

Eh EX tickets dont pull from banners so it doesn't matter unless you REALLY want a particular 3* that isn't out yet.

My 3* tickets gave me like 3 yellows, one of which was hope. Another was my loving first refia, a million year late FFBE

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

BDawg posted:

seeing as how it doesnt have banner ups i didnt think that saving 11 tickets for a half of a half of a percent chance at one of the unreleased 4/5* characters on my ex tickets. i was going to keep the 4* but i accidentally pulled with it and dont much care either way

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I ended up with an Aileen and Ilias. Meh.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

I ended up with an Aileen and Ilias. Meh.

You complaining you got an Aileen from one of those free ex tickets or are you talking about the 5* pull. Aileen post enhancement is the strongest chainer in the game

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jul 11, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it doesnt really matter where it came from, aileen is good. on the other hand he only got that one 5* from the ticket so really was the pull even worth the physical effort it took? apparently no

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
So I'm still learning the ropes in this game and have only been playing a few games.

I am paralyzed by choice, essentially. Could a goon take a look at my list here and let me know how you'd construct a party out of this, and also if I have good enough units?

5*
Noctis

4*
Sozhe
Rikku
Rosa
Refia
Mercedes
Luka
Soleil
Setzer
Zyrus

3*
Cecil
Exdeath
Terra
Cloud of Darkness
Cerius
Leo
Locke
Lenna
Mustadio
Faris

Of course I also have Rain and Lasswell at 2*. Very much appreciated.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So yeah confirming Camille perfect chains with Tidus and Aileen. Shes basically Agrias 2.0 with extra flexibility because she can work with either of them which means more elemental coverage. She can also buff herself to have a particular element if you are missing an elemental weapon. She can buff Fire, Wind, Water and Earth resistances as well as spr/def decently. Her elemental buffs also give her an 80% attack buff if you are lacking a dedicated bard or buffing unit. All around great 3* unit

loving base 3* blows away base 5* lightning and she doesnt even have enhancements WTF Gumi

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jul 11, 2017

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

ComposerGuy posted:

So I'm still learning the ropes in this game and have only been playing a few games.

I am paralyzed by choice, essentially. Could a goon take a look at my list here and let me know how you'd construct a party out of this, and also if I have good enough units?

5*
Noctis

4*
Sozhe
Rikku
Rosa
Refia
Mercedes
Luka
Soleil
Setzer
Zyrus

3*
Cecil
Exdeath
Terra
Cloud of Darkness
Cerius
Leo
Locke
Lenna
Mustadio
Faris

:stare: I'm amazed you got through these pulls without a type-0 character

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Armitage posted:

:stare: I'm amazed you got through these pulls without a type-0 character

I actually have Sice but missed them when I ran through my list, so, I have one!

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

ComposerGuy posted:

5*
Noctis

4*
Sozhe
Rikku
Rosa
Refia
Mercedes
Luka
Soleil
Setzer
Zyrus

3*
Cecil
Exdeath
Terra
Cloud of Darkness
Cerius
Leo
Locke
Lenna
Mustadio
Faris

You've got the makings of a good team, all you're really missing is a top tier DPS (TG Cid, Aileen, Tidus, etc). Imo you should go with -

Noctis - obviously as he's your 5 star. He has excellent utility for both offense and support. Comeback is a full life that I tend to forget about. His flasks will utterly wreck mobs and the arena.

Rikku - Godlike support. Limit break grants 3 turn reraise and a host of other effects. Can do some decent damage/chaining.

Refia - on her own she's a solid healer. If you grind out a dualcast (Ludmille TM) she is arguably among the best. Has resistances to important status defects and full life. Luka is also an option if you don't want to grind out dualcast.

Cecil - good cover tank. Learns curaja for backup healing. Has a great buffing LB.

Last one is kind of a tossup between Mercedes (strong single damage), Setzer (chaining/random damage) Rain (breaks/buffs) and Zyrus (Magic damage). Pick whomever you like and consider replacing them if you pull a top tier 5* in the future.

Edit: just thought I'd add that there are rumors Noctis might be upgraded to his full JPN glory in the future. When that happens he'll be pretty good as a DPS finisher.

Shingouryu fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jul 11, 2017

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
How do you guys get to the point where every hit you do is 50k+ damage before chains? I'm basically dealing 1/10th of that, and I don't understand what equipment/passives would ever get me 10 times what I have now. I don't get the power scaling in this game at all.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I got a bunch of stuff that gives good TMRs, so not too bad I guess. No rainbows.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Popped my standard free tickets and got junk except for a Rosa, who was also junk.

Decide to burn the 4* ticket and got.. Dark Fina. Oh man I thought I was already full up on characters to level.

So how to build my team now? Refia's in the healer slot and Cecil's in the tank slot (I do have Sozhe/Snow if they're better). As for the other three slots, there's:

Rikku
Ashe x 2
Fryevia
Orlandeau
Lightning
Cloud of Darkness
Dark Fina
Exdeath

I've seen people mentioning that Garnet gets good at 6*, what does she bring? (Also word on Zidane/Vivi/Kuja's 6* forms would be cool too)

Also finally got my first TMR (Dual Wield) from the free Moogles. I guess I should work on Dualcast next? Or should it be Fryevia's Needle/Excalibur/Dual Wield #2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Office Thug posted:

How do you guys get to the point where every hit you do is 50k+ damage before chains? I'm basically dealing 1/10th of that, and I don't understand what equipment/passives would ever get me 10 times what I have now. I don't get the power scaling in this game at all.

BiS TMR weapons and as many +atk% accessories and materia from TMRs as possible.

List of draws this morning:
Snow #3
Sozhe #2
Shine #3
Amelia #3
Beach Time Fina

Faris #?
Krile #3
Shantotto #4 and 5
Arc #?
Firion #25ish

Then my daily pull was complete trash, Rydia #10ish.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 11, 2017

• Locked thread