Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Gigi Galli posted:

*spends 9 billion hours attempting to renew Gigio Donnarumma's contract*

I thought he'd re-signed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

tarbrush posted:

I thought he'd re-signed?

He did, he came with his turd brother and a gigantic salary.

Im just saying that Arsenal isn't the only club that drags out renewing someone's contract for weeks.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

He did, he came with his turd brother and a gigantic salary.

Im just saying that Arsenal isn't the only club that drags out renewing someone's contract for weeks.

Well yeah it happens to other clubs, but it happens like every other year for Arsenal. Usually with multiple players. Also Donnarumma is done now and afai can tell Arsenal aren't even talking to Ozil, Sanchez or Oxlade.

I don't even care if they extend their contracts at this point, but they need to make a decision about whether they're staying and if they'll be replaced.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Douglas Costa is having his Juve medical on Wednesday. Looks like a 2 year loan for €10m and a mandatory permanent option for €30m after that. I guess that gets them past the installment payments for Higuain.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

trem_two posted:

Douglas Costa is having his Juve medical on Wednesday. Looks like a 2 year loan for €10m and a mandatory permanent option for €30m after that. I guess that gets them past the installment payments for Higuain.

Man, he really fell off, huh? I don't follow the Bundesliga much, what happened?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
lol I never noticed until I saw that Mata tweet but gently caress me Lukaku has some clown feet on him, no wonder he has a touch like an elephant

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

TheBigAristotle posted:

Man, he really fell off, huh? I don't follow the Bundesliga much, what happened?

He was good for half a season, then became poo poo. Not footballing brain whatsoever, he can only run fast and score the occasional screamer.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

kcer posted:

lol I never noticed until I saw that Mata tweet but gently caress me Lukaku has some clown feet on him, no wonder he has a touch like an elephant
the proper term is foot like a traction engine

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Photos of Cork about with Burnley staff so he's gone.

If Burnley have really paid close to what we've paid for Roque Mesa that's some very good business by the yanks.

He was okay at times but no Leon replacement.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I missed it earlier but Arnautovic has handed in a transfer request. Think I'm going to cry.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

sassassin posted:

Photos of Cork about with Burnley staff so he's gone.

If Burnley have really paid close to what we've paid for Roque Mesa that's some very good business by the yanks.

He was okay at times but no Leon replacement.

I saw £3m for Cork and £11m for Rook Table

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I've now decided that Lukaku sucks and I hate him

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Meat Wagon posted:

I missed it earlier but Arnautovic has handed in a transfer request. Think I'm going to cry.

He's coming to West Ham

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Looks like spending £80 million is the New Unitited Way™

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Meat Wagon posted:

Don't do this to me Marko, first Jon, then you and possibly Glenn

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
https://fcbayern.com/de/news/2017/07/presseerklaerung-fc-bayern-verpflichtet-james-rodriguez?shortURL=JmsRdrgz

Bayern have loaned Hamish Rodriguez from Real for 2 years with an option to buy him afterwards

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I saw £3m for Cork and £11m for Rook Table

I haven't seen anything but £10m for Cork.

Until now.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Dunban posted:

https://fcbayern.com/de/news/2017/07/presseerklaerung-fc-bayern-verpflichtet-james-rodriguez?shortURL=JmsRdrgz

Bayern have loaned Hamish Rodriguez from Real for 2 years with an option to buy him afterwards

That happened quickly

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Dunban posted:

Not really the player we need but A Good Transfer nonetheless

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ephex posted:

Not really the player we need but A Good Transfer nonetheless

Yeah, my thinking exactly. With Costa all but gone and Gnabry probably being loaned out, we need another winger (which James kind of is I guess?). Plus the same thing we've been needing for three years now, another striker so Lewandowski doesn't have to play literally every single game, but I've given up hope on that ever happening.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Jamez seems to be stronger in the middle than on the wings imo, maybe you could play him up front as well?

Or sign Ibrahimovic as a backup for Lewa lol
Idk, maybe we're still signing Sanchez lol²

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Dunban posted:

Whoa

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Not a surprise, but finally done
https://twitter.com/Inter/status/884751703022718976

Anae
Apr 23, 2008
Help, I'm an Everton fan who thinks our transfer business has been terrible (mostly)

Unreal that we spent 20 years having to buy incredibly shrewdly and mostly making a very good job of it, and then as soon as we have money we just chuck that idea out the window and spaff it everywhere

YOU CAN STILL BE SHREWD WHILE SPENDING LOADS OF MONEY GUYS

Edit: no one tell me that because we found a striker who's not a striker with a release clause of £5m that we're being shrewd

Anae fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jul 11, 2017

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Aside from Rooney I'd say Everton have done alright though that Belgian kid who has been immediately loaned back is probably DOA (these deals never turn out good)

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Rooney looks a lot less overweight than he historically has done come July, maybe not going out on a high at United (Charlton's record aside) has been a bit of a wake up call.

It'd be nice to see if he's got another decent season in him.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Is Lukaku the best Everton player of the Premier League era? If not he has to be up there.

It's rather weird to how bad body language and a few quotes about wanting to play for a top club turned fans so sour. I feel like if he had elbowed more people and ran around a bit more that would've helped.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Ninpo posted:

Rooney looks a lot less overweight than he historically has done come July, maybe not going out on a high at United (Charlton's record aside) has been a bit of a wake up call.

Dead legs are dead legs, and reversing years of bad habits is no small task. He's toast, IMO.

We should have a Rooney vs Someone thread or something.

Eh gently caress it, nothing will ever top the Jozy thread.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

Dead legs are dead legs, and reversing years of bad habits is no small task. He's toast, IMO.

We should have a Rooney vs Someone thread or something.

Eh gently caress it, nothing will ever top the Jozy thread.

The problem is that Rooney, even at his absolute most shite, is 100 times the player Jozy was. Also, not even mental Brits are dumb enough to mindlessly defend him as much as Americans did for Jozy.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Dunban posted:

Hm, with a loan we still retain the image rights I think? Might be why the club accepted such a low offer.

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

julian assflange posted:

Aside from Rooney I'd say Everton have done alright though that Belgian kid who has been immediately loaned back is probably DOA (these deals never turn out good)

We still don't have anyone who can pass a football, unless they're expecting Klaassen to do what people thought he might do aged 21 which is quite a gamble. All decent or good players but it's such a weird squad

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Is Lukaku the best Everton player of the Premier League era? If not he has to be up there.

It's rather weird to how bad body language and a few quotes about wanting to play for a top club turned fans so sour. I feel like if he had elbowed more people and ran around a bit more that would've helped.

He defo is yeah. He never gave a toss about the club though; most players can just pretend or at least hide their sheer indifference. In terms of 'having good players' it's a shame but emotionally it's mostly just a shrug from the majority of Evertonians

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Hegay posted:

Hm, with a loan we still retain the image rights I think? Might be why the club accepted such a low offer.

They want him gone to make way for Mbappe.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Anae posted:

We still don't have anyone who can pass a football, unless they're expecting Klaassen to do what people thought he might do aged 21 which is quite a gamble. All decent or good players but it's such a weird squad

He defo is yeah. He never gave a toss about the club though; most players can just pretend or at least hide their sheer indifference. In terms of 'having good players' it's a shame but emotionally it's mostly just a shrug from the majority of Evertonians

Klaassen is v. good

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Healbot posted:

They want him gone to make way for Mbappe.

Yeah but a loan doesn't make sense unless the club retains image rights in a world cup period, iirc he brings in the second most after Ronaldo

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

oliwan posted:

Klaassen is v. good

I think I'm going to like him hugely, but he plays more in terms of getting on the end of things rather than creating things, no? The black hole of creativity in our squad has been gaping since Pienaar's legs fell off nearly half a decade ago.

Edit: discounting Deulofeu and his amazing ability to be hated by every manager he plays for while simultaneously being very good

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Anae posted:

Edit: discounting Deulofeu and his amazing ability to be hated by every manager he plays for while simultaneously being very good

Montella loved him, but I guess he only had half a season.

You can see why managers dislike him though, he's a selfish player.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Anae posted:

I think I'm going to like him hugely, but he plays more in terms of getting on the end of things rather than creating things, no? The black hole of creativity in our squad has been gaping since Pienaar's legs fell off nearly half a decade ago.

Well he can score goals, but he's definitely a (attacking) midfielder who creates for others.

ronald koeman posted:

He is hardworking, likes to press and, of course, will give us more creativity and goals.

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

Montella loved him, but I guess he only had half a season.

You can see why managers dislike him though, he's a selfish player.

The bizarre bit is that Martinez managed to coach that out of him, he stopped taking shots and turned into an assist machine, then promptly dropped him for Lennon for the rest of the season.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Anae posted:

The bizarre bit is that Martinez managed to coach that out of him, he stopped taking shots and turned into an assist machine, then promptly dropped him for Lennon for the rest of the season.

When things are going fine in a match he definitely contributes more to the team as a whole. It's when the team is a goal down in the last ten minutes that he tries to solve everything himself. If he stopped doing that he'd be even better than he already is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Gigi Galli posted:

The problem is that Rooney, even at his absolute most shite, is 100 times the player Jozy was. Also, not even mental Brits are dumb enough to mindlessly defend him as much as Americans did for Jozy.

Rooney at his worst is one of the worst players I've ever seen. His off days are seriously bad.

First touch further than I can kick it.

Ninpo posted:

It's going to be very nice to see that the answer is no.

• Locked thread