Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

[24 minutes of unnamed instrumental tracks that perfectly encompass the ambiance and mood surrounding my disappointment in the album packaging]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbxli
Aug 4, 2004

BABIES... THEY'RE BABIES
no you dont

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002
<shrug>

That's what you get.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

you guys who haven't gotten yours yet might be worried they'll get damaged

me, I'm not

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
You know what you are? Collectors. Sounds like the mark has been made on your vinyls.

Kinda I want to order this and looking forward to joining you, finally, but I gave up because I do no want this and I have the discipline not to order. That's the beauty of being numb underneath it all.

that was not very good

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I am looking forward to joining you, finally, in the great below right where these belong.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Seriously, though. Did any of you with Deviations in-hand also order NTAE on vinyl? I'm wondering if I need to contact customer service, or if mine's just going to ship with NTAE later to save shipping cost.

chairdoctor
May 31, 2001

The doctor is in.

Diet Poison posted:

Seriously, though. Did any of you with Deviations in-hand also order NTAE on vinyl? I'm wondering if I need to contact customer service, or if mine's just going to ship with NTAE later to save shipping cost.

I ordered both at the same time. Deviations arrived in the mail on Monday so it appears they're shipping them separately.

Also, I read on another forum that Sandbag was sending out replacement jackets if yours got beat up in the mail. Thankfully mine is in pretty good shape, but try emailing customer service if you want/need a replacement.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

@trent_reznor posted:

NEXT WEEK

https://twitter.com/trent_reznor/status/883359172930060288

:woop:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

gently caress YES

Their first show of the year is on 7/23 so I was starting to wonder when that was coming. Fantastic news :cool:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
TR posted this picture of the Fragile vinyl on Instagram, and some people are speculating that the new EP is hiding behind it -- something black with a word that ends in "ENCE".

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWQtLi8ADRG/

Personally I'm not so sure, as it definitely looks like a shirt or something else printed on fabric; but then again, if it is a shirt, I have no idea what else in NIN-land it would be for. Maybe the new EP's physical component will be a shirt?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The new EP is literally a shirt. You toss it in the washing machine to listen to it.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

Kelp Me! posted:

The new EP is literally a shirt. You toss it in the washing machine to listen to it.

The shirt also comes covered in black dust.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Maybe it's a PENCE T-shirt. Very unexpected, very impenetrable.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Stryder posted:

The shirt also comes covered in black dust.

Actually you need to take the black dust from last time and coat the shirt to get the album to play.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
You throw black dust on the TRUMP/PENCE shirt in an artistic act of resistance.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Spoiler alert the entire Trump campaign/presidency waa an ARG for Year Zero pt. 2

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Kelp Me! posted:

Spoiler alert the entire Trump campaign/presidency waa an ARG for Year Zero pt. 2

Trent's going Even Deeper in his art.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Kelp Me! posted:

I'm sad these are Not The Actual Events.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bFNYu7VKpk&t=62s

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
I'm in Europe and still haven't received the LP of Not the actual events.
Any other euro goons?

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Non Serviam posted:

I'm in Europe and still haven't received the LP of Not the actual events.
Any other euro goons?

NTAE and the vinyl reissues don't ship til the beginning of August.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Vince MechMahon posted:

It was an old guy who works at the roadhouse introducing them. He just got their name wrong in a deceivingly funny way.

Yeah, cliche old fogey speak, where someone old and out of touch adds "the" to something because everything back in their day was "The ____s".

It's kind of like grandma calling every video game Nintendo because it's their only point of reference.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah, cliche old fogey speak, where someone old and out of touch adds "the" to something because everything back in their day was "The ____s".

It'll always be funny to me how Facebook really was originally "The Facebook".

Pseudophile
Dec 25, 2007

Diet Poison posted:

NTAE and the vinyl reissues don't ship til the beginning of August.

I know what's coming to me is never going to arrive.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Pseudophile posted:

I know what's coming to me is never going to arrive.

Don't say that, dude. That's a terrible lie.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I didn't get a shipping notice but my deviations arrived yesterday

and to those who were wondering earlier if the halo numbers had stopped, the sticker on the shrink wrap says halo 30

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jul 11, 2017

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

polyester concept posted:

I didn't get a shipping notice but my deviations arrived yesterday

and to those who were wondering earlier if the halo numbers had stopped, the sticker on the shrink wrap says halo 30

It's also on the runout grooves of each record.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

despite the lackluster packaging for deviations 1, the vinyl is so clean sounding. very good quality pressing and materials.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

polyester concept posted:

despite the lackluster packaging for deviations 1, the vinyl is so clean sounding. very good quality pressing and materials.

It makes me want to buy all the definitive versions.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/trent_reznor/status/885499852456566784

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
DON'T YOU KNOW I'M AT WORK TRENT :argh:

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Sir Lemming posted:

DON'T YOU KNOW I'M AT WORK TRENT :argh:

It's goddamn 1am here how am I meant to play music loud dammit trent

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
https://twitter.com/zanelowe/status/885508400217325568

hahaha it's an Apple Music thing. Beats 1 isn't gated behind a subscription at least.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

https://twitter.com/zanelowe/status/885508400217325568 posted:

Ok @trent_reznor @nineinchnails will be on @Beats1 in 20 minutes. Listen here https://t.co/B6JhK8co2l 8 PT 11 ET 4 GMT

Right, Beats radio of course.

hbxli
Aug 4, 2004

BABIES... THEY'RE BABIES
Aah, the age old question of "Do I love Nine Inch Nails more than I hate Itunes?"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hbxli posted:

Aah, the age old question of "Do I love Nine Inch Nails more than I hate Itunes?"

I don't think I love anything in the world more than I hate iTunes on PC

it's a little frustrating coming from someone as generally anti-music corporate bullshit as Trent tbh

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It always amazes me how much the worst iTunes is and always has been. For a company that pretends to be all about making slick, easy to use things you'd think they'd at least try and make iTunes not the worst music manager that every existed.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

glam rock hamhock posted:

It always amazes me how much the worst iTunes is and always has been. For a company that pretends to be all about making slick, easy to use things you'd think they'd at least try and make iTunes not the worst music manager that every existed.

Agreed! For now, I generally use it to sort of my library of samples and sound effects, and like.... 6 versions ago, it was PERFECT. Now, if I hit enter one too many times, or double-click on something too slowly, everything gets all hosed up and I hate it and IT'S WHAT I GET for relying on a free alternative to something that should probably have some money behind it (sample library organization).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://youtu.be/gDV-dOvqKzQ

Less than

E: the EP is called ADD VIOLENCE and it's out July 21