Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Powershift posted:

gently caress england.

Isle of man GP, 5 laps. Solves the problem with frauds and lapped traffic all in one go.

Also are we adding Macau?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

Yuuuup. Bernie would go "Oh, I'm going to take my ball and go elsewhere!" Liberty, not so much.

Specifically the ball would go to whichever dictatorship was feeling particularly feisty that day

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

keevo posted:

A reaction test thing. My best so far is .212 seconds.

https://f1-start.glitch.me/

This will be a fun way to waste spend my morning.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Theophany posted:

Silverstone is an absolute blast to drive in a fast car. Brands is a better circuit though.

I've obviously never driven it irl. But tons of SIM hours in GT3 and various Formula car. It's just a snoozer of a track to me.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I've heard F1 can put a race in London if they lower the price enough. There's no way in hell Khan will ever go for it, but it's a possibility.

I think Liberty have shown their conciliatory "we want everyone to like us" face. Now it's time to show their "if you cross us, we won't just knee-cap you, we'll rip those fuckers off and encase them in perspex so everyone getting the same idea knows what we're willing to do" face.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/7/formula-1-announces-f1-live-in-the-heart-of-london.html

I'd totally go to this, y'know, if it was announced maybe more than a loving day ahead of the event.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Pre-1991 Silverstone is very good.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Human Grand Prix posted:

Pre-1991 Silverstone is very good.

sure thing grandpa

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I raced at former greatest american f1 track Indianapolis Motor Speedway this weekend, which is how i am justifying leaving you this vid, t h a n k s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YReaplK-nOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Post the one where you lost like five positions on the start from pole. That one was p good.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
I'm clearly a cheat like Bottas

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Powershift posted:

gently caress england.

Isle of man GP, 5 laps. Solves the problem with frauds and lapped traffic all in one go.

"BOX BOX BOX"
"OK, see you in twenty minutes"

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Post the one where you lost like five positions on the start from pole. That one was p good.

> : (

they can find it

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

OhsH posted:

> : (

they can find it

Were you using 1500's tires for that one?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Don't think I posted this very respectable race on bin tyres in the thread:

https://youtu.be/30HQ601ZqDc

Also OhsH what are you using for syncing up the cameras? Thinking of picking up another camera for rear facing footage.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

iospace posted:

Were you using 1500's tires for that one?

This joke will never get old

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Also OhsH what are you using for syncing up the cameras? Thinking of picking up another camera for rear facing footage.

eye balls and spots on the track.

usually i use the movement from roll out to sync up, and then trim it out once i have it synced, if i gently caress up the roll out and start the cameras after that i try to time out passing something stationary on the track, or maybe a track material change.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Schlesische posted:

I've heard F1 can put a race in London if they lower the price enough. There's no way in hell Khan will ever go for it, but it's a possibility.

I'm trying to imagine the catastrofuck this would cause and I just can't. This sounds like an awful idea.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Antti posted:

I'm trying to imagine the catastrofuck this would cause and I just can't. This sounds like an awful idea.

If Baku can produce entertainment. A lovely London street circuit could work?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

OhsH posted:

eye balls and spots on the track.

usually i use the movement from roll out to sync up, and then trim it out once i have it synced, if i gently caress up the roll out and start the cameras after that i try to time out passing something stationary on the track, or maybe a track material change.

A noise cue is usually the best way to sync this stuff. In a regular car you can just beep the horn. Maybe you can yell something ridiculous for this.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

1500quidporsche posted:

Your camera mount is wobbly as Michael J Fox

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Brainwrong posted:

welcome to kart videos

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Brainwrong posted:

I literally made this joke a year ago.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Norns posted:

If Baku can produce entertainment. A lovely London street circuit could work?

I'm not talking about the race, I'm talking about the two week shitstorm it would cause to London. Unless you hold it somewhere that is "London" on paper, but I'd imagine the vision is driving past Buckingham Palace.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

1500quidporsche posted:

I literally made this joke a year ago.

Lies.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

no it's true I swear

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

You evidenced the poo poo out of me.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Theophany posted:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/7/formula-1-announces-f1-live-in-the-heart-of-london.html

I'd totally go to this, y'know, if it was announced maybe more than a loving day ahead of the event.

There's a distinct lack of F1 cars running according to that web page.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
I thought I'd have a time-wank and see what was happening 10 years ago in F1:

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19399.html

I wonder how that will turn out.....?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Norns posted:

This joke will never get old

This thread is the literary equivalent of bin tires.

OhsH posted:

I raced at former greatest american f1 track Indianapolis Motor Speedway this weekend, which is how i am justifying leaving you this vid, t h a n k s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YReaplK-nOU

OhsH, you had a good start that time! Too bad you couldn't get past #2 after that.

1500quidporsche posted:

1500, that sure is wobbly as all hell, but nice late braking pass.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Gigi Galli posted:

If Silverstone goes there will be another track in England/Britain immediately put in. Would be ridiculous not to have a race there, from a financial standpoint alone.

There literally aren't any. There's no other grade 1s and the only grade 2s one is impossible to upgrade and one already went bust trying.

Kilonum posted:

You'll find good posting brings this thread into disrepute.

Londoners killed Formula E because it was too loud and disruptive.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The BRDC feel they got screwed on the deal they made with Bernie, so they exercised their break clause with the knowledge that Liberty want a British GP and there's nowhere else host it so they can negotiate a better deal. The current deal has the price going up hugely every year and they don't get government subsidies like the other tracks who were dealing with Bernie. They would have had the same issues the German GP has had and there wouldn't have been a British GP beyond the next couple of years regardless.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Dudley posted:

lol

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Dudley posted:

Between that and the poor people apartment fire, sounds like London is about the worst city on earth

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Also who knows how long Lewis will stick around. Without a British contender the attendance would probably take a hit anyhow, and they wouldn't be able to gouge the fans any longer.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

It would have been that loving E-J getting on the local's tits.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Antti posted:

I'm not talking about the race, I'm talking about the two week shitstorm it would cause to London. Unless you hold it somewhere that is "London" on paper, but I'd imagine the vision is driving past Buckingham Palace.

Yeah I was also wondering what they mean by 'London'.
I really can't think of a part of London that is visually interesting enough and would not cause massive chaos when a race would be held there.

That and politically it's hard to justify. In Brussels they decided to not go through with the formula E plans,
on the grounds that it might give youngsters the wrong idea about racing in the streets.
Imagine letting road rage seb doing laps through your city at the taxpayers expense. I don't see it happening.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
But actually though, were is Wicka? It's unlike him to be missing from The Worst Thread for this long.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Mods please change the thread title to In honor of Wicka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

RIP Wicka

• Locked thread