Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
If that exists anywhere other than California I would be shocked.

Yeah, let's take the most important part of pho, the broth, out entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Maybe if they added a pho-flavored dip to it...

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
pho jus?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Isn't there a separate dish at most Vietnamese restaurants that's just vermicelli and bbq, which is what this basically seems to be?

Also egads that thing must feel dry as hell.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Would without hesitation, it's just a summer roll made with a tortilla

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
That phorrito looks great. Much better than the two sushi burritos I've had in my life, both of which were predictably disappointing.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I watched like one of those stupid Facebook videos in it. They pour broth on it.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

That phorrito looks great. Much better than the two sushi burritos I've had in my life, both of which were predictably disappointing.

The first sushi burrito I had was amazing, because I was starving and working at a convention where it was that or some other greasy food truck food.

Tried one at the same convention this year, from the same food truck. Incredibly underwhelming. Still better than a lot of the other offerings, but I think the desperation of the first time made it better than it actually was.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I've had plenty of spring rolls with noodles do I don't see why a pho roll would be bad.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Because spring rolls aren't the size of a god drat burrito and are also not made with flour tortillas

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

It wouldn't be bad, it just completely misses the main selling point of pho, which is the broth.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

If you read about it on the creator's website the absence of broth is literally the first thing he addresses.

quote:

Phở, a traditional Vietnamese noodle and beef soup dish known for aromatic and hearty broth, is far from a dish you can enjoy in a burrito form. How could a Phở taste good without the broth. Isn’t the broth everything?
I'm not saying that it's good or whatever, never tried it but the lack of broth was like the core problem the guy tried to tackle.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You could make a jelly of the broth and put little pieces of it through the other ingredients

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

EoinCannon posted:

You could make a jelly of the broth and put little pieces of it through the other ingredients

You could make it a xlb thing

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWXrDGwFI-J/

D:

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!
Cook the rice in the broth so it soaks it up, duh.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Reduce the broth and make it a sauce.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Just eat pho, goddamn. Just because we have the technology doesn't mean we need to burrito-ize everything!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Again.....They pour broth into it. Guys I already pointed this out. There was one of those Facebook videos your easily impressed friends share about this.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Nothing refreshes quite like a tall, cold glass of yellow mustard and vodka.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

I watched like one of those stupid Facebook videos in it. They pour broth on it.

See?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Yeah but what about the broth

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Just dip the phorrito in the pho soup that you obviously also ordered like a normal person.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
When I was a kid I used to dip summer rolls into my pho and make delicious soup rolls.

I mean, I still do that sometimes, but people seem to think it's weird. :shobon:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Bees on Wheat posted:

When I was a kid I used to dip summer rolls into my pho and make delicious soup rolls.

I mean, I still do that sometimes, but people seem to think it's weird. :shobon:

no that sounds awesome

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
the most important part of the burrito is the tortilla, how can you make burrito pho without it

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

whyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

pienipple posted:

Cook the rice in the broth so it soaks it up, duh.

There's not rice in it

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

There's not rice in it

They're noodles made from rice.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

A place that serves a "pho-rrito" is not making their noodles from scratch.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

A place that serves a "pho-rrito" is not making their noodles from scratch.

They would be soaking the dried rice noodles in warm water to make them soft. The lovely Pho places near me, they put the dry vermicelli directly into the Pho broth when making regular Pho. I assume the other poster was thinking they could soak them in the broth instead but I don't think it would't really add much Pho flavor.

Just eat Pho!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ranter posted:

They would be soaking the dried rice noodles in warm water to make them soft. The lovely Pho places near me, they put the dry vermicelli directly into the Pho broth when making regular Pho. I assume the other poster was thinking they could soak them in the broth instead but I don't think it would't really add much Pho flavor.

Just eat Pho!

I'm guessing the people who would get a phoritto are either doing it for novelty or because they're on the move somewhere. Pho isn't exactly a travelling food

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Ranter posted:

Just eat Pho!

No! I only eat trendy stupid food! It makes me feel whimsical!

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Eat pho from a mason jar.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

Eat pho from a mason jar from a shoe (on the floor like a loving animal).

FTFY.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

Eat pho from a miniature toilet bowl.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That would be the pho gaahh

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Stink Terios posted:

whyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I'm sad that they didn't find a way to add mashed potatoes to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Have you eaten your bowl of fried spiders today?