Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Rush has finally got his angles...

1. Don Jr is an idiot who fell for a Russian honey pot and nothing was exchanged. - NO CRIME!
2. The DEMS were given anti-Trump information by the Ukrainians. - DEMS DID A CRIME!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Montasque posted:

Rush:"I am getting so many people saying that this is it, that it's over! I don't believe it folks! What do you think in there(To his producers)... Oh... you guys think it's over...."

Nectar of the gods

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Montasque posted:

How did Pence have access to Jr.'s email?

The only one in the WH with access to that email was Kush. This all came from the Kush camp.

Manafort was absolutely sharing everything with Bannon at that time and Bannon just wants chaos

Stupid Post Maker
Jan 8, 2008
Jr. is for sure an idiot, no question. But how much worse is it having him release the e-mails than having NYT release them? The Times was obviously going to be releasing them today anyway

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Montasque posted:

Rush came back from a 10 minute commercial break, says that he's still trying to figure this out, and then goes back to commercials.

lmao for ever and for ever

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SKULL.GIF posted:

You were skeptical about the hacking, not the collusion, but wasn't this meeting specifically to sell the Clinton emails to the Trump campaign?

Still circumstantial but tons of journalists were digging up that Trump abruptly began talking about the Clinton emails like immediately after this meeting

Trump tweeted about Hillary's email server the day of the meeting, but those weren't the emails that were hacked. And it was hardly the first time Trump had tweeted or talked about her emails. It was something he brought up at every rally.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Joementum posted:

was it Leonard J. Crabs or Lionel Hutz? because i'm pretty sure "go ahead and post all the evidence against you on twitter" is not standard legal advice.

Don Jrs lawyer moves for a bad... court... thingy...

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
made this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

what about my health care
build the drat wall

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Lol why even conceal them at this point. Just say Jared and manafort. Who else could they possibly be

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:master:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

needs brain chunks on trump sr's face, but overall good job

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Joementum posted:

pretty sure the leaker is the guy who posted all the emails on twitter

No that was just a Trump fellow Trumping around Trumpily as they are wont to do

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
"Sorry son, you're gonna have to speak with an impediment and use bigly vocabulary like me from now on if we're gonna buy the whole you're an pitiful harmless idiot story and bury this." - Trump and Trump aides to DJTJR

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Stupid Post Maker posted:

Jr. is for sure an idiot, no question. But how much worse is it having him release the e-mails than having NYT release them? The Times was obviously going to be releasing them today anyway

extremely much worse

if the NYT had released the emails Don Jr could just have said "these are fake and bad, fake news!"

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Jr is going to get thrown under the bus once daddy realizes that his son has the biggest and best tweets

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The apple doesn't fall far from the president of the untied states of america.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

good god

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/connorobrienNH/status/884824401035788288

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

well at least they're transparent, i insist as i am slowly bulldozed into a mass grave

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

It makes Jr look dumb as poo poo plus there is now no denying whatsoever that the emails are real

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

I look away from politics for one hour to do some Prime Day shopping and this drops. Full blown "Yes we knew this meeting was about Russian campaign involvement, yes we knew Trump had the support of the Russian government."

How is the White House now in lockdown and papers for resignation not being drawn up?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Papa don't tweet

I'm in trouble deep

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

just a bit of jacking myself off in public

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think it's really interesting that the Don Jr story was released right before a work week on Sunday afternoon, so that the government has to spend all week wrestling with the fallout

Normally you get the big bombs on Friday so the news can disseminate throughout the population over the weekend, but this was timed specifically to force the White House to address it, not for maximum population spread

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

loving lmao

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Next @realDonaldTrump tweet:

"So my son might have colluded with the Russians but that doesn't mean I did! FAKE NEWS!"

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Can someone explain why either Jared or Manafort would leak this stuff out? I mean, its got the potential to put them all in the slammer so why risk it?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

this is why i dont think things matter overall

people will reject facts and knowledge

this is the age of spin, who's telling the better story?

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/stevenportnoy/status/884821534753398784

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

bryan stelter:“Confirmed from an NYT source: ‘We were preparing to publish’ story -- Don Jr. camp ‘asked for more time’ to comment ‘and then pre-empted us’”.

i don't know why they would have thought that this is better

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Nonsense posted:

IT WAS THE DEMS WHO MADE THIS MEETING HAPPEN

the party of personal responsibility yall

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Montasque posted:

Trump is still going to win in 2020.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

A Handed Missus posted:

this Russia story is big smoke

all you had to do was follow the drat emails, cj!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

rare example of a irredeemable dog

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Montasque posted:

Rush has finally got his angles...

1. Don Jr is an idiot who fell for a Russian honey pot and nothing was exchanged. - NO CRIME!
2. The DEMS were given anti-Trump information by the Ukrainians. - DEMS DID A CRIME!

if 2 is arrestable then good, purge everything imo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

he posted the emails incriminating himself on twitter??? :psyduck:

lol Joementum gonna be brokebrained by 2017

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

It's literally impossible for him to deny anything now. Even if the nyt released them he could just shout fake news and the maga chuds would accept that without question.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/donaldjtrumpjr/status/149542614830546946

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

the human mind is incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

zen death robot posted:

Do you think Trump is clever enough to draw a distinction between DNC and Hillary though?

Definitely not, but he tweeted about her emails many times before and after that day. The whole thing is that Olbermann pointed out that it was the first time Trump had mentioned "33,000 missing emails", but again, that's a specific detail that had nothing to do with this Russia meeting and is from a CNN story from 2015. Olbermann is kinda dumb, basically.

• Locked thread