Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Lid posted:

He confessed to raping his sister but drat it he was so open about it you gotta give him a standing ovation

It wasn't rape, but something pretty close happened in Utah:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/35852756/ns/politics-more_politics/t/utah-lawmaker-resigns-after-hot-tub-confession/

For those not inclined to read, lawmaker admits to paying a woman to keep quiet about their nude hot tub adventures when she was 14. Gets a standing ovation from the legislature for his "honesty."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
I hate CNN's use of the BREAKING NEWS banner so much. Literally what's on it right now:
"BREAKING NEWS: Pence Ignores Shouted Question"'

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust
https://twitter.com/meghanmccain/status/884797425826881537

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Honestly this is like the 40th time we've had a "OH MAN THIS IS IT GUYS OH FUUUUUUUUCK' moment over this poo poo and I'll believe it'll have an impact when it happens at this point.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Probably your moth-brained father you sack.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

sitting gop house members are making sure to criticize this in the harshest possible terms: a big no-no

https://twitter.com/leezeldin/status/884825699865034753

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I think Diaper Don Jr. drank himself into permanent brain damage in college

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/884824818515922944

man when even the trump white house won't defend you anonymously...

"Fredo" Trump

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

OldTennisCourt posted:

Honestly this is like the 40th time we've had a "OH MAN THIS IS IT GUYS OH FUUUUUUUUCK' moment over this poo poo and I'll believe it'll have an impact when it happens at this point.

Ive already blown my load its too late

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

nachos posted:

the GOP safe space right now is a health care bill with 17% approval rating

Just wait until the government shuts down, because the wall needs funding. Truly the best timeline.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Maybe Don Jr. just figures that all of these Russian collusion stories will be irrelevant after he successfully resurrects La Magra, and brings about the vampire apocalypse.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

FilthyImp posted:

Probably your moth-brained father you sack.

no he'll be deeply concerned and say its worse than watergate but not do anything about it

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/884821163347771395

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Same. Someone pointed out there were only a few people in the loop on that email chain. Seems likely to me that it's the Russians themselves are leaking this stuff.

The NYT's joke is that when they said sources close to the campaign they meant Putin operatives.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

evilweasel posted:

sitting gop house members are making sure to criticize this in the harshest possible terms: a big no-no

Trump Thread II: The man make a big no-no

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

OldTennisCourt posted:

Impeachment and indictment takes time. But seriously the fact the son of the president straight up said "Here is the evidence that I committed a crime on behalf of my father's campaign" is a big deal.

And it bears repeating, what must Mueller know about if this poo poo leaked.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

evilweasel posted:

no he'll be deeply concerned and say its worse than watergate but not do anything about it

Or get confused and wander off again.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

evilweasel posted:

Oh poo poo, this is bad and I do not approve. Quick, to the reporters!

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
I just can't shake the feeling that this is all too perfect. Like, there's one of two possibilities I see:

1. They really are that dumb/unaware of the potential consequences, or

2. They know something we don't that will somehow make this impotent.

I can't think of anything that would make #2 true, but I can't shake the feeling.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

AhhYes posted:

I just can't shake the feeling that this is all too perfect. Like, there's one of two possibilities I see:

I can't think of anything that would make #2 true, but I can't shake the feeling.

Trump firing Mueller would be a big gamble, but its the only thing he could do to turn this around possibly.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

kc green is going to shoot somebody one day.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

AhhYes posted:

#2 will end up being true because Russia probably has a poo poo-ton of blackmail material on all of the GOP leadership.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lmfao stop I'm loving dying I can't take anymore stop no more winning

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

AhhYes posted:

It's #1. The rich in America are more venerated and untouchable than God. They literally cannot conceive of consequences as you or I understand them.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

I wonder if KC Green ever imagined Question Hound going this far. Major cable comedy shows are making fun of the president of the United States using a comic of his.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

my bony fealty posted:

I think Diaper Don Jr. drank himself into permanent brain damage in college

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/149542614830546946

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Night10194 posted:

Or get confused and wander off again.
"CLINTON spoke to our allies in NATO during a debate plz investigate hth."
--McCain, probs

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Who would suspect the biggest leaker of all was bed-wetter Diaper Don.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

evilweasel posted:

Don't do treason again please! Or we would have to make an even more stern statement if someone in the Trump family commits yet another treason. You're on notice, Mr. Trump.

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016

AhhYes posted:

The only possibility for #2: Mueller investigation is compromised.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Star Man posted:

A first maybe, now he's just hoping people will associate his name with the image enough to google him get those sweet sweet merch dollars

https://topatoco.com/products/kcg-tfdog-plush

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Star Man posted:

He would have already done so by now because of dickbutt

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Okay let's say this poo poo actually goes down. Trump get's indicted/impeached. Does Pence become POTUS or is the whole enterprise deemed as rotten?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

BlueberryCanary posted:

The only possibility for #2: Mueller investigation is compromised.

Not sure how that would even begin to be a possibility.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

OldTennisCourt posted:

Okay let's say this poo poo actually goes down. Trump get's indicted/impeached. Does Pence become POTUS or is the whole enterprise deemed as rotten?

The only way Pence doesn't get the Presidency if Trump is removed from office is if he is implicated and removed at the same time.

Or Trump fires him.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I think some of the dynamic we're seeing here is:

- Junior isn't part of the administration so everyone in the administration thinks it's okay if he gets burned as long as the damage is limited to him. This might even be the case given that
- Everyone in Trump's circle seems to hate Junior.

So it's plausible no one worked with Junior on much, he had some stupid project of his own to keep himself busy, and now that he's getting lambasted for this, everyone is doing the Mike Pence and just counting on none of the poo poo getting splashed on them. This might include daddy Trump.

BiggerBoat posted:

Mainly because I've been wrong about every single thing for the last 2-4 years related to american politics and especially the very idea of Donald J. Trump ever being nominated, let alone elected. I used to think I knew a few things, even though I was often mistaken in my predictions.

Go back and read the election night thread and the monthly ones leading up to it if you need proof of how wrong so many of us were, including myself, and how in denial we were and remain. We've fallen so far and so fast most of us can't even keep up, which I'm now convinced is actually by design. We keep saying "Nah...that's ridiculous. Never happen. Impossible" and then it KEEPS loving HAPPENING.

One thing I've come to realize is that it's not that the Trump campaign was some once in a century group of political geniuses who pulled the election out of their hat by knowing something the rest of us didn't.

The Clinton campaign was just really, really loving bad, hubristic and complacent. Every "OMG the Trumps are morons" should be followed with "and yet the liberal technocrat Dems lost to them."

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Pence becomes President.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

OldTennisCourt posted:

Pence becomes POTUS.

Assuming you're American.. did you take a civics class ever?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

OldTennisCourt posted:

Yeah I basically don't let myself "go there" unless his base support erodes (at which point it's very easy to imagine what would happen). Short of that I just don't know how that scene works or, for that matter, how much it works like it used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

True story I met Meghan McCain once. I had to fix her tv. So I go to her apartment in Phoenix and her mom is there too and she didn't even look at me. So the TV was in the bedroom and Meghan was kind of sick so we got to talking and it was funny because we were talking about stuff like Pee wees playhouse. She seemed nice.

So she goes into the kitchen where her assistant or whatever he is was and I could overhear them talking about how she was getting poo poo from the other students at ASU or whatever school she was going to at the time. ( This was deep into the 08 election by the way)

So I fix the TV, turn it on and it's already on CNN with a banner reading OBAMA AHEAD OF MCCAIN and I looked at her and said "You must be so sick of this" and she nodded in agreement.

She was nice, and I just hope when she inevitably runs for some kind of office that she doesn't go down the alt right path and at least is just a mild neocon. That's about the best we can hope for these days.

• Locked thread