Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
No see the new spin is that since Trump Jr dropped the e-mails on his own he was simply correcting the evil media who would obviously lie and furthermore faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Lurdiak posted:

Because the word "email" is involved, most conservatives on twitter have already redoubled their pointing at Hillary to avoid thinking, and I expect most of the hacks to do the same.

I fully expect at least one "wow, politicians sure do get in trouble with emails a lot!" cartoons in the next couple days.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Because the word "email" is involved, most conservatives on twitter have already redoubled their pointing at Hillary to avoid thinking, and I expect most of the hacks to do the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTP_SdjD5ms
Imagine he screams "BUT HER EMAILS" instead.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Pakled posted:

I fully expect at least one "wow, politicians sure do get in trouble with emails a lot!" cartoons in the next couple days.

Me, holding newspaper: "Looks like someone should STAMP out this electronic mail for their own good. J R Rose!!"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Capntastic posted:

Me, holding newspaper: "Looks like someone should STAMP out this electronic mail for their own good. J R Rose!!"

I wonder if there were any political cartoons when e-mail first started being a thing showing sad postal workers and saying it would make everyone lose their jobs.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

OldTennisCourt posted:

I wonder if there were any political cartoons when e-mail first started being a thing showing sad postal workers and saying it would make everyone lose their jobs.

That would require too much forethought.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Capntastic posted:

Me, holding a newspaper the size of my entire body whose headline (on the back page) reads "HILLARY CLINTON, DONALD TRUMP JR EMBROILED IN EMAIL SCANDAL" as the words "You've got mail!" are spoken by a nearby CRT computer monitor: "I can think of a few politicians who probably wish they DIDN'T have mail! :smug:"

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Vib Rib posted:

Yeah just came in to say the last several weeks of rightwing cartoonists chanting THERE'S NO COLLUSION THERE'S NOTHING THERE WITCH HUNT sure are gonna age well in the next 24 hours.
Asking for a friend that gets their entire new cycle from this thread - what happened?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

loquacius posted:

Me, holding a newspaper the size of my entire body whose headline (on the back page) reads "HILLARY CLINTON, DONALD TRUMP JR EMBROILED IN EMAIL SCANDAL" as the words "You've got mail!" are spoken by a nearby CRT computer monitor: "I can think of a few politicians who probably wish they DIDN'T have mail! :smug:"
That's a Kelly. The "SAVVY EMAIL-USER" at home, at his computer, scoffing at those amateur politicians, Lady Liberty smiling widely as she admires him from outside the window, a tear in her eye.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

loquacius posted:

This made me groan then smile, so this will probably be the result.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

wait, I can do better

SCENE: I am a middle-aged bald white man wearing a polo shirt. My Gateway 2000, its gigantic CRT screen filled entirely by the America Online logo, is making a voice say "You've got mail!" in a really technology-looking digital blocky font and lightningy speech bubble. My child, who looks pretty much exactly like The Beaver from Leave It To Beaver, enters the room. "Your new Star Trek fan newsletter?"

"No," I reply, the smarmiest expression imaginable on my face, "the latest political scandal out of Washington DC! :smug:"

Nearby on the ground a gigantic discarded newspaper reads "POLITICIANS ALL ACROSS WASHINGTON DC GETTING IN TROUBLE BECAUSE OF THEIR EMAILS" in huge font across both its front and back pages

e: I am sitting in an overstuffed chair. The dog is sleeping nearby but perks up its ears and grins at my witticism.

loquacius fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 11, 2017

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Answer Rat sits at his oak table sipping coffee with a MAGA hat on.

"Pearl Forrester of Boston asks: What do you think of all these e-mail scandals? Well Pearl the second you stop using the good old US Postal service for your mail and use a computer box...well you get trouble"

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Xander77 posted:

Asking for a friend that gets their entire new cycle from this thread - what happened?

DJT, Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort met with a Russian lawyer with ties to the Kremlin because she promised them damaging info on the Clinton campaign. Trump II basically tried to deny this by saying it did happen but was a ruse to get him to talk about Russian adoptions.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

Answer Rat sits at his oak table sipping coffee with a MAGA hat on.

"Pearl Forrester of Boston asks: What do you think of all these e-mail scandals? Well Pearl the second you stop using the good old US Postal service for your mail and use a computer box...well you get trouble"

While answering this unrelated question, Answer Rat slaps one palm menacingly with a spanking paddle that has holes drilled through it for aerodynamics purposes :toughguy:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Technowolf posted:

DJT, Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort met with a Russian lawyer with ties to the Kremlin because she promised them damaging info on the Clinton campaign. Trump II basically tried to deny this by saying it did happen but was a ruse to get him to talk about Russian adoptions.

That's yesterday's news. It got worse.

Jr was informed the press had the emails so he panicked and did the genius act of tweeting out the emails himself, assuming they would absolve him.
Except...

He tweeted this. This happened.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love that Stantallie switched to "there's no proof, you're all insane and biased for daring to criticize Trump" right before Trump's son tweeted proof of Russian collaboration. And thanks to the two week delay they're probably going to continue as the story gets worse and worse.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

MBUT HER MISSTEPS is better than MBUT HER EMAILS, I'll give Todd Rool that.

But I'll take it all back because the cartoon looks like poo poo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Just aces on that timing, Branco.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
That "Americans for limited government" tag line just gets more hilarious with age.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Alhazred posted:

Yeah, but also:If you ask two people you don't know a rude and bigoted question, don't expect a polite answer.

This. Both sides were rude, but the one who starts it is more guilty.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
If Rall was a cartoonist in Nazi Germany he'd still make toons saying "Yeah Hitler's bad but the other guy was awful too!"

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Xander77 posted:

Donald Trump, Jr. confessed to Russian collusion. Via Twitter, of course.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Isn't Ted Rall employed by Sputnik, the very cool and hip Putin-controlled media outlet?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Dr Cheeto posted:

Isn't Ted Rall employed by Sputnik, the very cool and hip Putin-controlled media outlet?

Yes, and it bears repeating for anybody who forgot any time he touches on the Russian issue.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Jurgan posted:

Donald Trump, Jr. confessed to Russian collusion. Via Twitter, of course.

God damnit this is like watching a Nixon biopic on bad LSD. Forever.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

OldTennisCourt posted:

If Rall was a cartoonist in Nazi Germany he'd still make toons saying "Yeah Hitler's bad but the other guy was awful too!"

If Rall was in Nazi Germany he'd be complaining about the Jewish police chief during the Wiemar Republic that slightly inconvenienced him and crowing on about how great it is he and that Judge are going to a concentration camp.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

This is my favourite.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Theresa May's appeal for policy ideas – The prime minister has said she would like Labour’s help in coming up with new policies"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
MAC ON... Tory Party backstabbing

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Nosfereefer posted:

This is my favourite.

This one is even better (repost):

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Way to go, 70s Dad!

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

What the hell is that thing on the right supposed to be? Some sort of quadcopter?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

What the hell is that thing on the right supposed to be? Some sort of quadcopter?

You never have to ask "is this thing that might be a drone a drone?" in a Rall piece. It's always a drone.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Nosfereefer posted:

This is my favourite.

They just keep getting better.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

cheetah7071 posted:

You never have to ask "is this thing that might be a drone a drone?" in a Rall piece. It's always a drone.

I'm conflicted. Usually I wouldn't second guess something in a Rall cartoon being a drone, but in this case his art is so bad that I genuinely can't tell. It's like a red frisbee with pinwheels stuck to the bottom and I guess a camera of some sort on the top?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Theresa May's appeal for policy ideas – The prime minister has said she would like Labour’s help in coming up with new policies"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
MAC ON... Tory Party backstabbing

i see mac has joined the may bashing

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
I legit thought it was a weird windchime taped to the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

• Locked thread