Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Orv posted:

So how much is forge lying about them backing down on the retarded grind and PvP decisions?

this game is super easy, the grind isn't that bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Is this game getting closer to dark souls now? I like dark souls.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

FireWhizzle posted:

I mean if you read the thread...

Casually playing, you can easily reach t5 first week, which is comparable with most mmo leveling curves.

reading threads..

I guess I didn't specifically say like.. IF YOU PLAY 3 HOURS A DAY IT WILL TAKE YOU 1903 DAYS TO REACH T8. I guess I can do that math for people if that's really what it's going to take to play.

Assuming you don't switch weapons every 5 minutes and actually stick with whatever archetype you want to play. You will easily be T5 by the end of the week. You would have to be bad or play 1 hour a day to not achieve that. Otherwise if you go on a fame group with the guild you could likely be T6 with 2 days.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I mean seriously, Gluttony's people have been playing for maybe 2.5 weeks now and most of them are T6 or more. So that's two weeks of whatever. The grind will be at T6+, or in crafting and gathering depending on how OCD you are about filling bars and making them shiny. If you find yourself wanting 100/100 mastery on a specific subgroup. Then yes, be prepared to grind. But assuming you don't care about that 0.02 increase like most people should not be currently. It's a walk in the park.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
To elaborate on what forge said for further perspective:

Many of Gluttony's crew did the following:

Every armor to t4
Every weapon to t4
1-2 Builds to T6

in 2.5 weeks. Fame is easy peasy now

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
I am bad and will probably play about an hour every week. How long will it take me to win Albion Online?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

You get fame for murdering people in the Black zones now right?

Kavaar
Apr 13, 2005
I need an auth please, Discord name is Kavaar as well.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

macdonal hamborkles posted:

I am bad and will probably play about an hour every week. How long will it take me to win Albion Online?

the first day you decide not to log in

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
The server wipes when the game leaves the beta on the 17th right? Or are we actually playing now?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Holy hell, I forgot this game even existed! I'll be in on this next week when I get back home.

e:

Is gold hard to come by and premium status that coveted that I should pay the $50 or will the $30 be enough to not screw me out of the gate?

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jul 10, 2017

forge
Feb 26, 2006
You can always buy $20 worth of gold if you decide to renew the premium after a month. Which will last you a few months I think.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

Charles Bukowski posted:

The server wipes when the game leaves the beta on the 17th right? Or are we actually playing now?

server already wiped in prep for launch

futile
May 18, 2009
Are you guys gonna try to take and maintain a full loot pvp (red/black unless anything has changed) enabled territory?

If this goon guild loses a PvP fight will we cry about a weapon we deem unfair non-stop for like 2 weeks and quit the game?

I kinda wanna play but goon guilds in every game for the past I dunno how many years have been such shitshows

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

Suxpool posted:

server already wiped in prep for launch

Wait the servers wiped already? So what happens on launch day. Will they wipe again?

forge
Feb 26, 2006

futile posted:

Are you guys gonna try to take and maintain a full loot pvp (red/black unless anything has changed) enabled territory?

If this goon guild loses a PvP fight will we cry about a weapon we deem unfair non-stop for like 2 weeks and quit the game?

I kinda wanna play but goon guilds in every game for the past I dunno how many years have been such shitshows

We will likely take a black territory. However, we won't be building on it right away until we get a feel for how things are going to go. I did actually learn something in the 2+ years of playing this. So the GI will be the main thing we base out of for a bit until we see how it unfolds. This way we don't lose 80000 hours of goon work.

As I alluded to in the OP we have a healthy set of allies. All of which will also be claiming black territory. The idea is we'll sit side by side to limit attack vectors. Next we can craft and sleep on their porch if we need and decide not to take one. So we're good to go either way.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Turd Herder posted:

Wait the servers wiped already? So what happens on launch day. Will they wipe again?

Servers will be up on the 17th. Do the math.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

forge posted:

Servers will be up on the 17th. Do the math.

Go back to Worlds Adrift Lol

Ya I just realized they took the servers down till launch.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

futile posted:

Yes.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

futile posted:

to be clear our goon guild isn't comprised of 100% goons. our Albion Online goon faction is partnering with the darkfall/UO "goon guild" which is led by a goon but is populated mostly by powergamer UO dudes who are not from the SA forums. they have existing infrastructure and leadership from before, and crybaby goon drama bullshit isn't going to break up the guild.

there are only a handful of us who have played this game for more than a week at a time since 2015 and a goon only guild probably wouldn't get very far. the crew we're joining are all extremely dedicated to the poopsock life and even with a bunch of dumb goons dragging them down i don't doubt that our guild will be pretty successful.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Suxpool posted:

to be clear our goon guild isn't comprised of 100% goons. our Albion Online goon faction is partnering with the darkfall/UO "goon guild" which is led by a goon but is populated mostly by powergamer UO dudes who are not from the SA forums. they have existing infrastructure and leadership from before, and crybaby goon drama bullshit isn't going to break up the guild.

there are only a handful of us who have played this game for more than a week at a time since 2015 and a goon only guild probably wouldn't get very far. the crew we're joining are all extremely dedicated to the poopsock life and even with a bunch of dumb goons dragging them down i don't doubt that our guild will be pretty successful.

Allies are a very good thing, we can't take on the world by ourselves, not even EVE goons do that. They are so successful because of their allies. Let's make SA great again, and send rando pubs to GBS to poo poo post their dicks.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

pixaal posted:

Allies are a very good thing, we can't take on the world by ourselves, not even EVE goons do that. They are so successful because of their allies. Let's make SA great again, and send rando pubs to GBS to poo poo post their dicks.

they're not allies. we'll be in the same guild. we have allies too though. some very good ones.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
Decided today to upgrade my 30$ pack to a 100$ pack because I'm now "working from home" on legendary release day. Turns out founder packs are closed now and only "starter" packs are avAilable.

Double pack $130 idiot crew checking in :cool:

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
For those wondering my role in all this, and why I'm in a leadership role - I do not deal with politics. That is forge representing SA, and Gluttony representing everyone (as well as EQMS). My strengths are in boosting morale, guild unity, inspiring people to do better at what they set out to do, and on-grid tactics.

So, my role is to help you kick rear end however I can. I will do my best to get you linked up with people that know the most about your specific role, and will happily lead you to Valhalla on the battlefield. I will be actively GvGing as a tank where needed, but my primary role is ZvZ tank & command.

My job is to facilitate fun, and dammit we're gonna have some fun in this bad game.

If you have questions about your role and don't even know what the gently caress why, PM me @Dodgin and I can direct you to someone who does.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

If any group leaders actually want a radio setup for their runs or think some themed tunes would be good let me know, I'll see about getting that up and running. If not I'm not going to bother setting up an icecast, which I ran for 3 betas and never got over 3 listeners after the first.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

pixaal posted:

If any group leaders actually want a radio setup for their runs or think some themed tunes would be good let me know, I'll see about getting that up and running. If not I'm not going to bother setting up an icecast, which I ran for 3 betas and never got over 3 listeners after the first.

I did a project with an icecast client about a year ago. It was rough. Bless u for working with that and a radio would be p cool imo. @FormerFatty might have good suggestions for genre types and may even load it up for his stream.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Discord name is Xenni, will need an auth. Thanks!

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

FireWhizzle posted:

To elaborate on what forge said for further perspective:

Many of Gluttony's crew did the following:

Every armor to t4
Every weapon to t4
1-2 Builds to T6

in 2.5 weeks. Fame is easy peasy now

I'll also add that we achieved T4 in about 2 days of having no idea how to grind efficiently at all(or even play the game). We also stopped grinding past t4... I think looking back now, if the game started again and we had the help of forge and his other advisors(pictured below), you can/will get t4 and be PVPing the first day if youre into that.

If youre into PVE i imagine you can get to t4 gathering pretty quickly and start moving to the black lands on day 1 to start farming that good good under protection of goon killers.

FormerFatty fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jul 11, 2017

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

futile posted:

We are currently considering a couple strategies -- some involving taking multiple blackzone cities/farms, some involve taking a mix of black/red, some involve taking a single city in black, and some involve living out of our alliance cities in the black.

quote:

The UO and Darkfall players(goons/non goons) that have played with me know that we are chill and down to troll but at the end of the day, if you constantly get your poo poo pushed in, the game becomes unfun quickly. That being said, we have to anticipate not winning every fight, including GvGs, but we will without doubt be focusing guild efforts on being competitive for GvG, ZvZ, and tons of ganking/PKing.

If you are they type to cry or rage because you died and lost your t4/t5 gear then you are probably not a good fit for the guild(or the game or a non plenty of fish relationship etc) but Im pretty sure everyone here will be realize that its okay toe die in a PVP game(our mantra from UO).

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Suxpool posted:

^

Midgetman
Feb 19, 2010
Discord name is Midge, can i get auth please

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
Will premium reset at launch too? I bought the 29 dolla package last week and it started counting down my 30 days ingame, I'll only have a couple of weeks left if it doesn't reset.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

macdonal hamborkles posted:

Will premium reset at launch too? I bought the 29 dolla package last week and it started counting down my 30 days ingame, I'll only have a couple of weeks left if it doesn't reset.

Yes

Midgetman posted:

Discord name is Midge, can i get auth please

Done

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
So are the race choices still Human Female and human male?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Fog Tripper posted:

So are the race choices still Human Female and human male?

Yes, sadly they never finished the troll race :(

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

FireWhizzle posted:

Yes, sadly they never finished the troll race :(

Canceled pre-order.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!
I took leave from the 17th to the 28th. Looks like some satcom students will be missing their instructor.

-I'm guessing we grind to t3 in whatever poo poo zone we spawn in and then migrate to carleon or carlton, or are we spawning and heading to the same nominal zone? When do we get our initial orders/whatnot?

vrath fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jul 12, 2017

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
Auth me in the discord, username is Shikami

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Decided today to upgrade my 30$ pack to a 100$ pack because I'm now "working from home" on legendary release day. Turns out founder packs are closed now and only "starter" packs are avAilable.

Double pack $130 idiot crew checking in :cool:

What's funny is I was going to buy a founder's pack but seeing they are down now might just wait to see if this game is good before throwing money at it.

What is the goony census on people just finding out about this game today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forge
Feb 26, 2006
done