Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

pls do not doxx pictures of me opening up the fly on my trousers itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

So you could be, like, taking a shower and then a six foot python slithers over the door and strangles you?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Whorelord posted:

noooooooooooooooooppppppeeeee

The Dire Noperope.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I like how after what must have been a great effort to open the door, he's immediately confronted with another one.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

fruit on the bottom posted:

I like how after what must have been a great effort to open the door, he's immediately confronted with another one.

Time hath no meaning for the eternal snake.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It's better with sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-WZ7xHEu3A

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

MF_James posted:

Time hath no meaning for the eternal snake.

And when the entire door is opened, the first second of eternity will have passed. You must think that’s a hell of a long time. Personally, I think that’s a hell of a snake.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

That loving snake is going to kill them all one night, and no one will be surprised.

Not the same snake (same type, but not exact same one I don't think), but nopenopenope not loving with this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh83Z9ZpnkA

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

the person behind the camera praised the snake for this terror, clearly a supervillain working on accessorizing their theme

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Do I have to accept a child support check covered in literal poo poo or otherwise if it is made elaborately hard to get?

quote:

My ex-husband was ordered 3 years ago during our divorce to pay child support. Before I get a bunch of hate PMs -- I work, I didn't ask to keep the kid more. He didn't want more time. I don't enjoy never having any time to myself and always having to do everything on my own. It sucks, ok. I would gladly pay him the $350 he is required to pay me a month to get any sort of break on healthcare, child care, or even not having to use every single vacation day of work for a sick day or because school is out. Do you know how great it would be to just have to pay $350 a month for all child related expenses. It would all be worth $350 because that is nothing compared to the cost of a kid. I spent $100 on shoes the other day. Shoes. He needed shoes for school and water shoes for water activities and nice required shoes for graduation. I swear to god I just bought him shoes 3 months ago that don't fit now. So before you come at me with the collecting child support shame just think for a second about how much it costs you to live and double that. Double all your costs. It isn't easy on one income. It isn't easy on two incomes.

My problem is my super pissed ex-husband who sees his kid the last weekend of every month likes to make it uncomfortable or hard to get my child support. In the last year, he has stuck the check in an actually bucket of slop, he has stuck it in a zip lock baggie of dog poo poo, he has taped it to my roof, he has tried to get me to play an elaborate scavenger hunt, he has driven to my son's elementary school on a day that isn't his custody day and stuck in my son's backpack and not told anyone and when I asked him where it was he has said " guess where?" which lead to an elaborate search of the house and two days of a guessing game (it was well hidden in a tiny pocket in the backpack and my son had no idea his dad even put anything in there, he has buried it in my back yard with my son's help, he has hand delivered to my HR department at work with "for the bitch" on the envelope, paid me cash in all $1, he has threatened to pay me in change (which he has not done yet), and he has written me 350 different checks for $1 each.

It is always something and it is getting old. I have not accept checks before (the ones covered in things) and he has eventually written me new ones after giving him a hard time.

I am exhausted. This is annoying. He doesn't work a consistent job so often times a garnishment would be hard. He always pays on time without hesitation but this is insane.

How much of this do I have to put up with? Is this just something I have to deal with for the next 11 years?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
omg

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

The saddest thing is she feels like she has to devote a third of her post to defending the paltry amount of child support she's receiving from this arsehole.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Werong Bustope posted:

The saddest thing is she feels like she has to devote a third of her post to defending the paltry amount of child support she's receiving from this arsehole.

welcome to reddit

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I'm pretty sure she can probably take that to a judge and get him told to knock that poo poo off.

In my state it goes to a state agency for disbursement, which avoids this kind of... poo poo.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
She should tell a judge/lawyer all about his bullshit make him pay more child support for emotional distress. What a dickbag.

And yeah, I didn't even know child support was paid outside of stage agency intermediaries. Weird.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

She should tell a judge/lawyer all about his bullshit make him pay more child support for emotional distress. What a dickbag.

And yeah, I didn't even know child support was paid outside of stage agency intermediaries. Weird.

Yeah, Im supremely confused about this because thats how my understanding is it works in every state.

Either way take that to the judge and good on you for divorcing a man who can put in that kind of time to be petty.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Barudak posted:

Yeah, Im supremely confused about this because thats how my understanding is it works in every state.

Either way take that to the judge and good on you for divorcing a man who can put in that kind of time to be petty.

Showing the court that this is how he spends his time when he's not working, and using his not working to justify very small support payments, will probably aggravate them, and justly so.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I was once served by a bartender who claimed to have given up a higher paying job just so his child support payments would be lower, because he disliked his ex.

But at least in my state it's a fixed percentage of your gross pay, so he basically hamstrung his own standard of living just to spite the mother of his babby. :shrug:

(It was the one time I ever stiffed someone on a tip)

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Jason Sextro posted:

welcome to reddit

even reddit knows this guy's slime and is telling her to take him to the cleaners, she's just scared to ask for what she's owed all around

I [16M] am caught into an argument between my two sisters [24F&25F]. My sister boyfriend [27M] is this really high end chef and my other sister wants him to cook for free at her wedding. The bride is blaming me.

quote:

My sister Lacy is getting married in about 2 months time. My other is, Carly. Carly is dating this really high end head chef. He's only 27, and he's really good. He's this head chef of this restaurant right in the heart of the city. It's really posh and expensive. He make a lot of money. We have a good relationship. He's pretty funny and laid back. He's been a guest judge on shows like Masterchef.

This whole thing kind of centre's around my birthday. About 3 months ago I had a party at my place for my 16th. My sisters boyfriend cooked for the whole event. It was mainly because my parents were looking to cut costs. He didn't mind doing it due to my parents situation at the time. My mom was part of this massive layoff when my dad was injured from work. She works in Finance, and my dad is in the military. He broke his ankles.

Carly and Lacy are fighting. Lacy only wants to invite the BF to her wedding if he cooks for the whole event. They're not short on money. They're just being cheap. Lacy said she has no problem with him, but it's her day and he must do what she wants. Carly has said she won't allow him to do it. The reason being is he should be able to enjoy his days off. And get this, there's going to be 90-100 guests. She wants the BF to cook for that many people for free on his day off.
The girls are fighting, and Lacy is trying to use me as a communication device. She thinks that because Carly and I are so much alike that Carly will listen to me. She thinks it's only fair he cooks for one of her events as well.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Being a high end chef is not the same as being a caterer. They're completely different. Besides everything else wrong with this bride.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
1. no

2. one chef could not do this

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Snakes?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

1. no

2. one chef could not do this

well if he wants to come to her ~special day~ he's just going to have to pay for a kitchen staff out of pocket, isn't he

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

relatives who leverage "you are good at thing so do thing for 12 hours for me for free" are the worst. they have to understand there's no way 1 person can reasonably prepare gormet food at an event for 100, right?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

From the sound of it, he wouldn't even want to do it even if he was paid, he just wants to, you know, enjoy the wedding. What a selfish thing to ask.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

relatives who leverage "you are good at thing so do thing for 12 hours for me for free" are the worst. they have to understand there's no way 1 person can reasonably prepare gormet food at an event for 100, right?

That must mean he's bad at his job right? :rolleyes:

I think a lot of people don't understand that banquet halls don't have chefs. You know all that food you're ordering? It's the exact same piece of chicken/steak/whatever that EVERY OTHER banquet hall has, they all order from the same distributors, who all source from the same places. The fancy mushroom dicksauce that's on top of your Meat_Choice? That's from a loving bag, the bag got put into a pot of boiling water to heat up and then spooned out of there onto Meat_Choice_1 through Meat_Choice_100. Again, it's all the same poo poo everywhere. Double baked potatoe? Those fuckers were frozen and in a giant box that holds 100 of them, they got thrown into an oven on a big tray all together and taken out 10-20 minutes later because they were no longer frozen. The only time you're getting chefs is if you are paying in the hundreds of thousands of dollars range rather than tens of thousands.

I've worked at multiple banquet halls when I was younger, this was true at all of them.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

MF_James posted:

That loving snake is going to kill them all one night, and no one will be surprised.

Not the same snake (same type, but not exact same one I don't think), but nopenopenope not loving with this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh83Z9ZpnkA

https://i.imgur.com/2z3b3kE.gifv

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

even reddit knows this guy's slime and is telling her to take him to the cleaners, she's just scared to ask for what she's owed all around

yeah I mean, this is a case so extreme that I think only TRP would side with the husband

MF_James
May 8, 2008

snakes tired? It's gonna be hungry one day and that loving kid will be a good looking meal.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

MF_James posted:

snakes tired? It's gonna be hungry one day and that loving kid will be a good looking meal.

dogs will eat your remains too

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Danaru posted:

There's an amazing amount of people on /r/legaladvice that try not to get insurance involved, even with video proof that they're not at fault. It's like the equivalent of /r/relationships' "I don't want to break up with them though"
This is because many insurance companies surcharge you for not at fault accidents. They disguise it by telling you it changes tiering, but if it causes price to go up it is a surcharge in my book. It's always best to go exclusively through the at fault party's insurance for minor accidents. However if it's a major accident and/or there are injuries always notify your own company immediately. Hth

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

:lol:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

bone app the teeth posted:

dogs will eat your remains too

Absolutely. They'll even eat wounded toes in some cases. Usually on people with advanced diabetes who are developing nerve damage and can't feel the gnawing.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Me 30M found out my 29F wife cheated on me for two years and tried to cover it up by proposing polyamory

quote:

I don't know that there's nothing particularly new under the sun, here, but I wanted to talk with people who might have experienced something similar. Effectively, I just learned today that my wife, who had already been planning to leave me, has been cheating on me for two years and tried to 'get away with it' by proposing polyamory.

I posted in the last 6 months about my story, but basically it's as follows: we dated since high school, married in our 20s after her mom died. We were (at least, as far as I know) monogamous the whole time. She wanted to pursue a master's degree in a medical field, and applied to a couple of prestigious programs, got into one about 2 hours away from the city we live in.

We talked, she moved down there, and we planned to be long-distance for two years, then she'd come back for a residency in our hometown the third year.

Distance was tough, and things started to get a bit strained, but it still felt we were in love, doing well, etc. Then in the middle of her second year she failed some classes, had to withdraw from the program and go back the following fall - this was in 2014. While she's back living with me, she brought up the idea of polyamory - saying that she'd been thinking about it, she was bi and wanted to experiment with women, that she knew she'd been my first sexual partner and knew I was interested in exploring group sex, other things. I was wary at first - very wary. I asked why she wanted this, if there was another partner, if she'd cheated. She swore up and down no, that it was crazy I'd even think that.

Blah blah blah, fast forward 1.5 years from that moment, she's down at school, I have had a serious poly girlfriend for the last year and change, she's dated some women down there, our 'triad' is pretty tight and honest and open about everything. My girlfriend, wife and I even had a few threesomes. Life is great, right? One of the strained points was that at one point earlier this year, she told me that she had developed feelings for a man, a friend of hers down there I always suspected of being a bit too close for normal friendship, and she wanted to know if I'd be OK to pursue them. We talked about it, I struggled with jealousy -even though I had a girlfriend, her being with a man felt like a totally different ballgame (lol) and I wasn't comfortable with it.

We got into couple's counseling, she said ultimately he didn't matter that much to her and that I was her priority so she wasn't going to pursue anything with him, leave it at that. This is about two months ago.

Over the last month, our marriage completely spiralled apart, she was going to counseling with me and not engaging, saying one thing one day one the next, saying she fell out of love with me, all of this stuff. Basically despite my best efforts, saying I'd do whatever I could for her, move to the city she lives in (because a program that was supposed to take 3 years now, for complex reasons, was gonna take 5), even reconsider dropping my boundary about her seeing other men.

But it looks like divorce is inevitable. And then, in a fit of pique last night, I message the guy she told me she had feelings for and was like congrats, you win, she's all yours. And he's baffled, because they've been loving for two years and he thought I knew. They'd been loving regularly since before she moved back to our hometown, since before I'd ever been presented with the polyamory, I'd literally been cuckolded for 20 months. He told me she even hosed another guy in their friend group there, something she denies. If it had been a one time thing I could comprehend it better, or if it had developed AFTER she had been open and honest about her desire for polyamory...but she tried to use us being poly, me having another partner, all this stuff to kind of 'end-run' this man into my life, lying to him as well about me being OK with it. I'd literally sat across from this dude in a coffeeshop chatting, helped him move stuff once, and the whole time he thought I knew he was loving my wife and I had no idea.

I feel absolutely gutted and betrayed and just....she lied to everyone, to me, to him, to my partner, to our friends...about everything. For years. And now....my entire life has been loving exploded and I don't know what to do.

I have a wonderful girlfriend who I met during this polyamory period, so not all is lost? But I have never been betrayed or broken up with like this before and it feels like someone put a shotgun to my gut and pulled the trigger.

tl;dr - my wife started cheating on me two years ago, suggested being polyamorous (with women) to try to trick me into accepting it down the line, made friends with my girlfriend and talked to all of us about all these issues at great length...and was lying the entire time. So the whole thing collapsed and at 30, I'm staring at a divorce and the end of a relationship I've had since I was 16, with a person I thought was the love of my life. I know the basics here, delete the lawyer, hit Facebook, gym up. But...how to go on from this?

quote:

[Update]
Turns out, I've been played for a fool for a long time. I spoke to the other man, and he told me there'd been another dude before him. I talked to that guy, and he confirmed. I confronted her, and she finally broke down. Maybe she's still pathologically lying but it did seem to be the final truth - that she had cheated on me for the first time in high school, twice in college and twice after she went away to this program. Sometimes with men, once with a woman. Always close friends that she developed feelings for and then couldn't extricate herself. From day one she's struggled to be monogamous, but she thought she could suppress it for my sake.

Makes sense. At least now my years of being insecure, of having trust issues, of being paranoid about stuff like this...makes a hell of a lot more sense. Trust your gut, I guess.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

how many poly freakos are swarming the OP screeching at him for oppressing her free spirit and infinite quantity of love to dispense to every passerby

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

You know how slavery apologists say the Confederacy formed over "States Rights?" But everyone knows people don't propose to radically alter a working arrangement for an abstraction, so it immediately makes you ask "States rights to do what?"

When someone proposes opening the relationship, it's never, ever a proposition that just sprang up as an abstract idea about how the relationship should work. They have a very specific "to whom" already in mind. And maybe in body.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

how many poly freakos are swarming the OP screeching at him for oppressing her free spirit and infinite quantity of love to dispense to every passerby

None in the /r/relationships thread, but he also posted in /r/polyarmory and:

quote:

"even drop my boundary about her seeing other men" (emphasis mine)
"congrats, you win"
well hello again OPP
everything you've ever claimed was important to you vs distancing yourself from another phallus
easy choice

same dude as above posted:

what each person's personal best is depends on that person!? what's your question?? lying and cheating are very common things, so it's certainly not in general an unreasonable hypothesis that someone could have been doing their best while lying and cheating, it's not like everyone is always automatically given some way to survive and feel ok without lying or cheating

quote:

No...i don't have any sympathy for the OP. She tried to communicate her needs to him and he made her feel like she couldn't trust him with her needs. I am on her side. I have been with a guy where i asked to open the relationship and see other people and they wanted an OPP. OPP's don't usually work and are unfair to the women. she may be bi, but that doesn't mean that one penis can satisfy her man needs as long as she has other girls to have sex with. We are only hearing HIS side. I bet in her side he is not so innocent. whenever i have tried an opp to help my partner warm up to the idea of polyamory it always went like this: me- i want to open our relationship and have sex with other people. guy- gently caress NO YOU SLUT YOU JUST WANT TO BANG OTHER DUDES! me- ok well how about we start off with a OPP, so you can have sex with other girls and get on my level and i will just stick to other girls until you can handle me dating other guys. guy- maybe.. mean while he is sleeping with any woman who will have him for several months but still violently opposes me even talking to other men. "i like it how it is! we both get to date other women so you should be satisfied right? i'm still not comfortable with you seeing other men, it makes me insecure!" Newsflash- men who want opps to get used to the idea of poly don't ever want to take the opp down, even tho they are having sex with other people too. They aren't trying to work on their jealousy, or insecurity and more importantly they want to revel in their freedom but keep the woman in a cage. gently caress THAT gently caress YOU. Divorce her please. She is better off without a man like you.

quote:

So…
She brought up being poly way-back-when because she wanted to stay with you and bring her new bf into it.
She let you believe she was only into girls apart from you because she wanted to stay with you, and she belueved you would feel less insecure with that to start.
She lied to you about the other guy at first because she wanted to stay with you, and she knew you wouldn't handle that.
she accepted the unfair balance that you could gently caress a girl but she couldn't be with the opposite sex for a long time because she wanted to stay with you, even though that degraded her and showed you to be an ego-suckling man-child
She finally brought into the light the man that started all this poo poo years ago (and that resulted in you now having another partner in your life and a feedom you say you prefer) because she wanted to be with you but you got jealous at the very thought.
She got pissed and disaffected after you failed to respond correctly to her years of positioning you, manipulating your beliefs, protecting your tender feelings and opening your mind (and yes lying through her teeth) because SHE WANTED TO BE WITH YOU!

And now you are hurt because she treated you like a child… but if you are good with having a serious opposite sex relation for yourself and her not having one… then she was right about having to lie to you.

From your story, in every case, she lied to you BECAUSE … ( maybe you can fill in the blanks now? )

But unless you realize your issue is not that she's dishonest and rather that you can't deal with another man having her, and then you don't deserve her. She's lied to you because she know's that's true.

There's a gif of Jack Nickelson somewhere on the internet somewhere maybe you should watch on a loop.

You can't handle the truth

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Do they really think the reason people cheat and lie about it is to protect their partner's feelings rather than the much more obvious "to avoid consequences for my actions".

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

Do they really think the reason people cheat and lie about it is to protect their partner's feelings rather than the much more obvious "to avoid consequences for my actions".

Hey man, don't rock the boat you insensitive gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm willing to bet a decent chunk of them have convinced themselves this is true in order to avoid the consequences of their own actions.

Edit: "It's bad to lie to your partner but I'm a good person so my lie must be virtuous."