Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

TheScott2K posted:

I'd love for a months-long disaster of a Presidency to do the job of ending his career and making his failure complete.

Really though the only way Trump and Pence go is if the Democrats ride a massive 2018 wave to enough or nearly-enough votes in the Senate to remove both. In that case I could see Team Rocket removing Trump themselves in the lame duck session and trying to hang on to President Pence.

Oh man, president Orrin Hatch, that's even worse. No one wins. it just keeps getting worse and worse the farther down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Donald Trump Jr. is trying his best to take down this horrible administration you guys should be applauding him.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

https://twitter.com/benjaminwittes/status/884792346285617152

So was this what his latest tick tick tick was?

or does he just randomly post tick tick tick and then gets to pretend he's an insider every time someone in the trump org fucks up?

he's not doing the tick tick anymore, just the boom when a big story drops

also he's a pretty smart and well respected dude and your condescension is misplaced

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Trump Sr is still in Europe, right?

His silence is deafening.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Lime Tonics posted:

President ryan....... It's bothering me alot for some reason.

Reminder during 2012 he broke into a soup kitchen to kill poors have a photo op of pretending to wash dishes. Ruined the dishes because they didn't dilute the soap concentrate and almost got the place shut down when regressives threaten the place since they didn't want to be political tools.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Oxxidation posted:

The latter.

No, you're wrong. He's been consistent about posting these things and absolutely is an insider.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Push El Burrito posted:

Donald Trump Jr. is trying his best to take down this horrible administration you guys should be applauding him.

No claps until he actually does it. We go by his father's rule of earning love.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chilichimp posted:

OMG Rush Limbaugh's broadcast is loving cathartic today.

Caller after caller, segment after segment "Look, none of this matters, the media has overplayed their hand. Nothing they could come up with would ever amount to anything"

They're in full blown denial and it's pants-making GBS threads hilarious to listen to them twist into pretzels.

I need to hear some of this.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

AsInHowe posted:

In all my interactions with her, Meghan seemed to be a nice girl who is conscripted from birth into the Republican party.

I remember a lot of times in the 2008 campaign when it was in Michigan, where she was treated poorly due to her figure.

I'm having trouble figuring out how or why anyone would have a problem with her figure (unless they were extremely envious women)

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Your Taint posted:

Trump Sr is still in Europe, right?

His silence is deafening.

Nope, he's back home, and this is the second day in a row he has no public events on his schedule.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Push El Burrito posted:

He's also gonna give the most deluded and soft balled interview since Aleksey Vayner.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Note Block posted:

They effin' watermarked it, rip kcgreenn's pure heart.

I wonder when Eric Bauman started working for Comedy Central.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

skylined! posted:

he's not doing the tick tick anymore, just the boom when a big story drops

also he's a pretty smart and well respected dude and your condescension is misplaced

Mine is not because that tiny cannon is a silly gimmick. Just post the story when it is time, you don't need props. :ughh:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
The only way this could be better if there was an on-camera briefing with Spicer.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

nerdz posted:

I'm having trouble figuring out how or why anyone would have a problem with her figure (unless they were extremely envious women)

Well, she sometimes wears clothing that doesn't totally cover her cleavage, and that's not proper or something.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So is there Spicy time today? Some Spice would be Nice!

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

aware of dog posted:

Nope, he's back home, and this is the second day in a row he has no public events on his schedule.
Is there a Trump's secretly dead conspiracy theory yet or am I free to start it?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Your Taint posted:

The only way this could be better if there was an on-camera briefing with Spicer.

Spicer is probably loving life right now.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I saw on one twitter that there is an audio recording of the meeting that the press now has, is this being confirmed anywhere?

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

No Butt Stuff posted:

You're wrong and dumb.

Please explain. There is no mechanism AFAIK to recall an entire administration. Cite your source.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Petr posted:

I just don't understand why Jr. released it. What was he thinking?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I saw on one twitter that there is an audio recording of the meeting that the press now has, is this being confirmed anywhere?

I fuckin hope so

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Can we get a list of shellshocked conservatives going

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/884829374226219008
https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/884834836669546496

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

They might do an audio gaggle but they're continuing the trend of no on camera briefings for now.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

The Glumslinger posted:

Nope, the WH are giant wimps and are having an off-camera briefing with Sarah Huckabee-Sanders.

And it won't even be live. We won't hear any audio til after the briefing is over.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Someone tell Jr. that the NYT has the pee tape and is going to release it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

twice burned ice posted:

Please explain. There is no mechanism AFAIK to recall an entire administration. Cite your source.

I was just being a dick because he called me dumb. I was incorrect, he can't fire the VP, I know this now.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

nerdz posted:

She's a brick.,..

...HOUSE

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lote posted:

He's also gonna give the most deluded and soft balled interview since Aleksey Vayner.

Hannity: "Many people - most people - everyone in the entire universe, actually - thinks that a DNC operative had this meeting set up, and that you did nothing wrong and are an innocent angel, as is your father and everyone on the campaign. Would you like to respond to that by saying 'yes, Sean, that's how it is' and then conclude the interview?"

DJTjr: "We committed those crimes, knowing they were crimes. Here is a list of the crimes we committed and where and when we committed them and how much we were paid for them. Oh yes, we were paid. We paid them, too. Look, I'm just trying to get ahead of this story. I also killed and ate a small child on the way to this interview"

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

"That's right, I'm guilty! Therefore, I'm innocent!"

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Lime Tonics posted:

Oh man, president Orrin Hatch, that's even worse. No one wins. it just keeps getting worse and worse the farther down.

They'd just elect a new Speaker - probably McCarthy, since nothing matters anymore - and probably appoint a new VP to serve while Ryan finishes out the term if Trump and Pence got impeached during a GOP House majority, which won't happen. Orrin Hatch ain't gonna be no President.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Petr posted:

I just don't understand why Jr. released it. What was he thinking?

He literally thinks he did nothing wrong and making the emails public will exonerate him.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Lote posted:

Whatabout-ism doesn't really work when you were calling for jailing the original person for treason.

Lock him up! Lock him up!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

nerdz posted:

Apparently the GOP doesn't properly appreciate thicc

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Once again: any scandal big enough to touch Pence is definitely taking Ryan too. Ryan is more entrenched in this poo poo than Pence is.

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

Obviously the optics of all this look terrible, but can someone explain to me how this is going to the crushing blow that finally destroys the administration of DJT? Because frankly I am little worried that all this excitement is for nothing. DJT has weathered terrible optics before, and he certainly can do so again.

I mean, I'm no lawyer, but as far as I can see, this meeting did not break any laws. Anyone who understands the relevant laws that could have been broken would definitely do us all a favor by explaining the implications of this meeting. The RWM has been screaming for years that Hillary is criminal. That doesn't make it so. Likewise, this meeting without any context doesn't seem to make a criminal out of DJT Jr.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/884426777376022530

:stare:

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
lol

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/757538729170964481

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

mango sentinel posted:

Once again: any scandal big enough to touch Pence is definitely taking Ryan too. Ryan is more entrenched in this poo poo than Pence is.

Not really seeing how. Also the procedure for removing the Speaker of the House is a whole other thing that probably won't happen. Unless he resigns, if Trump and Pence get removed while he's Speaker, he's the President. Hell that's probably what would get him to schedule a vote on Articles of Impeachment in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

the boston bomber posted:

Obviously the optics of all this look terrible, but can someone explain to me how this is going to the crushing blow that finally destroys the administration of DJT? Because frankly I am little worried that all this excitement is for nothing. DJT has weathered terrible optics before, and he certainly can do so again.

I mean, I'm no lawyer, but as far as I can see, this meeting did not break any laws. Anyone who understands the relevant laws that could have been broken would definitely do us all a favor by explaining the implications of this meeting. The RWM has been screaming for years that Hillary is criminal. That doesn't make it so. Likewise, this meeting without any context doesn't seem to make a criminal out of DJT Jr.

This isn't just optics. The Russians hacked the DNC and got damaging information; this was illegal. Meeting with members of a hostile foreign government to discuss a quid pro quo exchange of damaging information for the easing of sanctions is 100% absolutely definitely illegal, even if the information they had hadn't been gained illegally, which it was.

• Locked thread