Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

adamcantsleep posted:

I expected the camera to pull back to reveal disinterested Italian crewmen a la Bava's Black Sabbath. How did they leave that in?

I have a bootleg release of Danger Death Ray and apparently the version MST3K got was a bad edit, because my version doesn't have the hand in it, just the watch sinking into the pool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I have a bootleg release of Danger Death Ray and apparently the version MST3K got was a bad edit, because my version doesn't have the hand in it, just the watch sinking into the pool.

Someone put up a version on YouTube with Spanish main titles, but the English dub track. There's actually an extra shot exactly where the hand is that shows the watch falling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcFEhUKhN6g&t=5343s

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Just bought tickets for Eegah at the Royal Oak show. I'd go for the Mystery Film as well, but a.) my dad also wants to see the show and the Mystery Film double feature starts too late for him and b.) I don't go to live shows much, and great googily moogily fifty bucks a seat per feature seems high.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

From scouring twitter, the mystery movie appears to be Argoman the Fantastic Superman, a late-60's superhero spy movie from Italy.

Just watched the trailer and I'm in.

Gavok fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 8, 2017

adamcantsleep
Mar 20, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Egbert Souse posted:

Someone put up a version on YouTube with Spanish main titles, but the English dub track. There's actually an extra shot exactly where the hand is that shows the watch falling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcFEhUKhN6g&t=5343s

It was way more shocking to learn that Danger Death Ray had competent editing (in its original version) than it was to learn that Torgo was supposed to be a satyr. Great find!

It's such a nice print of the movie, too. One of the advantages of the new series is that home video has changed so much from the 80's and 90's to the present day. Boutique labels will put out remastered prints of the most obscure films, so you don't have to deal with the washed-out, sometimes blurry prints that'd get screened on the old series.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Gavok posted:

From scouring twitter, the mystery movie appears to be Argoman the Fantastic Superman, a late-60's superhero spy movie from Italy.

Just watched the trailer and I'm in.

Yup, that's the secret show. Other than some technical issues, the live show was fantastic. The new riffs for Eegah were great.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

How do they work the snake theme into the other movie?

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

business hammocks posted:

How do they work the snake theme into the other movie?

In the movie itself there are two reference' s they make and I think one of the skits had the snakes show up.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Volume 6 is getting a re-release on Oct 17.

It has Teenagers from Outer Space, Attack of the Giant Leeches, Gunslinger, and Mr. B's Lost Shorts.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Egbert Souse posted:

Volume 6 is getting a re-release on Oct 17.

It has Teenagers from Outer Space, Attack of the Giant Leeches, Gunslinger, and Mr. B's Lost Shorts.

Thank you. How did you find out about this? I checked Shout's website literally two hours before reading your post, and didn't see the announcement.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Yup, that's the secret show. Other than some technical issues, the live show was fantastic. The new riffs for Eegah were great.

How were the riffs on the new film? It's a bummer they didn't do both shows in Boston, because they've said they're not recording these. I hope the show gets renewed and they do this tour every couple of years. Once they work out the technical kinks, it's like a whole new format for them to play in.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It's possible because Cinematic Titanic eventually became a touring repertory show at the end. It all depends on whether the cast feel like doing two shows daily for three months again and again, though Jonah and Rebecca Hanson have to do the greatest amount of energetic performing and running around.

Their camera setup definitely got a good shot of everything, whether they have recording capabilities or not I have no idea. They may just deny recording for legal reasons.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Bicyclops posted:

How were the riffs on the new film?

Really great. Hoping it's included in season 12 because the movie is delightfully bonkers and a breeze to sit through. It feels like the offspring of Diabolik and 60's Batman and comes with its quirks that make for endless riff fodder (for instance, the main character's bizarre robe obsession).

The great thing about the live show is that it doesn't feel as rushed and unnatural as the new season. The riffers take their time and because it's live they do crack up normally.

Also, I got to meet Jonah and talk to him for a minute before the show. Really cool guy.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

It's possible because Cinematic Titanic eventually became a touring repertory show at the end.

Yeah, but didn't it stop doing that because Joel got sick of traveling constantly?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I would imagine they all did. It has to be grueling to do that multiple times a night, especially with like 8 people at once.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Touring has got to be grueling and I definitely wouldn't want them to have to do it every year, but it'd be nice every couple of years. Jonah and Rebecca have been so big on cons and stuff that they're probably a bit used to it, but with Baron having a newborn, I'm sure it'll be tough for him, and Joel will get sick of it.

It's nice for the times when they crack up, flub on a riff and improv something, or that kind of thing. At the Boston show, the film clips of the Mads kept loading a little too early, once so much so that a prop trick of Jonah sending something up to them happened on screen before he did it on stage, and he said "Wow, that was quick!"

crowbb
Feb 25, 2013
Slippery Tilde
I went to the PA mystery movie showing and the movie and riffing were great. The theater was kind of awful. They had some cool looking merchandise for sale but the setup of the theater made buying anything impossible without waiting on line for an eternity.. Nearly the entire row in front of me got in line for merchandise during the intermission. They didn't make it back before the end.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

crowbb posted:

I went to the PA mystery movie showing and the movie and riffing were great. The theater was kind of awful. They had some cool looking merchandise for sale but the setup of the theater made buying anything impossible without waiting on line for an eternity.. Nearly the entire row in front of me got in line for merchandise during the intermission. They didn't make it back before the end.

Yeah, that's a lot of live theater in a nutshell. If you scramble to get out of your row, you can hit concessions for a $10 mass market beer if you're lucky, but wait ten seconds or, God forbid, try to hit the restroom, and you'll just wait until until intermission ends, and that's after paying $50 to get an obstructed seat in the balcony. :(

It sucks, but it's not exactly like there's an accessible "Shakespeare in the park" version of an MST3K live show, if only because "The Mads Are Back" has really limited touring options.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

crowbb posted:

The Keswick also has the worst seats I've ever sat in.

crowbb
Feb 25, 2013
Slippery Tilde

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

The Keswick also has the worst seats I've ever sat in.

Haha yeah the seats were really bad. I spent the entire first half squirming because they'd caused a huge cramp and I didn't want to get up to work it out during the show. If they do it again I'll try NYC instead. It's only a little further for me than Keswick was.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Speaking of merch, anyone got details about what they're selling and for how much?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Shirts, mugs, posters, jewelry (?), mugs with spring snakes inside, 2-D wood sculptures of Crow and Servo made with that laser-cut machine that made the monster rap cutouts, sweatshirts, script books. I think that's it. They show still images during the intermission.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
Wanna buy that merch. Wish they didn't cancel Vancouver.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Price of course is overpriced, but it's to be expected. I'm sure they'll try to unload the unsold stuff at some point, maybe do an MST3K web store.

I'm getting nervous about netflix renewal though. It seems like it's been a while.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Price of course is overpriced, but it's to be expected. I'm sure they'll try to unload the unsold stuff at some point, maybe do an MST3K web store.

I'm getting nervous about netflix renewal though. It seems like it's been a while.

They have a panel at SDCC I believe, so that seems like the place to announce it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Watched The Sword & The Dragon for the first time last night, especially loved the Joke by Ingrid Bergman sketch, the punchline was amazing

Also a lot of really dated references from TV's Frank and Doctor Forrester

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

They have a panel at SDCC I believe, so that seems like the place to announce it.

Sweet. Yeah I'mma get my hopes up.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
:smug: My airport, my waayyyyyyfuckinghell wha's that guy doing on the runway :stonk:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40571913

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Ms Boods posted:

:smug: My airport, my waayyyyyyfuckinghell wha's that guy doing on the runway :stonk:

The nosewheel felt mushy

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Ms Boods posted:

Go back to your piddling Congress! I run an airport!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
The answer, my friends, is blow it out your rear end.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Go back to your piddling Congress! I run an airport!

I'm the guy that picks fights with made for TV hippies while buying diet gum

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Sash! posted:

Mr. Woodruff? He looks like a roll-on deodorant.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Sash! posted:

I'm Father Sinatra and his insipid stories about taking kids to the zoo.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
I love San Francisco International :allears:

That 'answer my friend' line and all of the Fat Man's gastric noises from Overdrawn at the Memory Bank never, ever fail to make me laugh.

Also, I use 'he's a made for TV hippie' in real life as often as possible.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Davey, NOOOOOOO!!!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

All those people are getting divorced because of you.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Ms Boods posted:

I love San Francisco International :allears:

That 'answer my friend' line and all of the Fat Man's gastric noises from Overdrawn at the Memory Bank never, ever fail to make me laugh.

Also, I use 'he's a made for TV hippie' in real life as often as possible.

I love how in Touch of Satan, the dumb guy is walking past a tree and they make a noise to make it sound like he ran right into it.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
Posting from intermission. The merch setup isn't great here either, I'm guessing if you really want it it'd be best to show up when the doors open and wait in line then instead. I don't care, though, the show is amazing so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Egbert Souse posted:

I love how in Touch of Satan, the dumb guy is walking past a tree and they make a noise to make it sound like he ran right into it.

Little things like that are some of the best laughs. During the Eegah! live show when the woman swims under the waterfall and they make a funny gurgling noise, I just about died laughing.