Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ruzad is very nearly the best shotgun and it's Uncommon

Concussive Ruzad, as I noted earlier, is flat-out insane. Shoot an Observer in the eye and it literally goes flying off the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Khizan posted:

As far as the common weapons go, Charger X is legit. It's basically the Tempest from ME3. It just got a name change cause the Tempest is the name of your ship in singleplayer. Katana X is also a legitimately good shotgun. Either of those can see you through gold pretty easily. Predator, Avenger, and Viper all still pretty much suck.

Viper X is a legit good sniper for low weight and Avenger X does work with any turbocharge class. Both work even in Gold. Fall off hard in platinum though.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I'm not sure I really like having to once again unlock a bunch of poo poo I already have so I can get to the one actually new thing

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just now figured out that SalArch's melee also detonates :stare:

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Wait, it also detonates? I just thought it cryo-primed.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Batarian shatter punching might actually be more gratifying than the ME3 Batarian punches exploding heads once you get on a roll with it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zakmonster posted:

Wait, it also detonates? I just thought it cryo-primed.

It apparently does both, unless something wonky happened. I punched a frozen Wraith and got a Cryo Combo

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

precision posted:

unless something wonky happened.

Well there's no chance of that.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

So is the thing with the chests to fill out your commons first with basic packs, then move onto advanced (20k) or expert (50k) ones?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Played a multiplayer session for the first time in months.

Dropped from my first game 3 times, on the 4th re-connection we extracted moments later. Second game went fine until the last round then I rubber banded like crazy.

*closes game client*

Yeahhhh

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Yea fill basic to get XX characters.
The power based ones are really strong with the veteran bonus.
Perhaps too strong compared to the rare and UR that are very hard to max.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I want to say ME3 only had UR characters come out in the last couple of DLC packs. Anyone back me up on this?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If I recall correctly the only ultra-rare characters were the Volus + Collector cards. All the others were gold (rare) tier.

Most importantly, finding duplicate character cards only contributed more XP + cosmetic options, and were never tied to a class' strength.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The 6 N7 characters were ultra rare

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Two Finger posted:

I want to say ME3 only had UR characters come out in the last couple of DLC packs. Anyone back me up on this?

They had weapons and equipment too. Poor lovely Spitfire.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Digirat posted:

The 6 N7 characters were ultra rare

Naw those were Gold too.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

If I recall correctly the only ultra-rare characters were the Volus + Collector cards. All the others were gold (rare) tier.

Most importantly, finding duplicate character cards only contributed more XP + cosmetic options, and were never tied to a class' strength.

What was it? Six cards to have all options unlocked, and the xp counted towards the whole class? I don't think any of us would have guessed they would go backward from that.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Naw those were Gold too.

im terbl

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Volus Adept, Volus Engineer, and the Collector were the only UR characters. Not even all the Volus were UR.

e: remember how the Volus' melee attack was a cloak? Man I miss all the wacky poo poo they did.

precision fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 11, 2017

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Two Finger posted:

What was it? Six cards to have all options unlocked, and the xp counted towards the whole class? I don't think any of us would have guessed they would go backward from that.

I don't mind XP being for each individual character rather than the entire class. Skill points being locked to character ranks is retarded, however.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

precision posted:

The Volus Adept, Volus Engineer, and the Collector were the only UR characters. Not even all the Volus were UR.

e: remember how the Volus' melee attack was a cloak? Man I miss all the wacky poo poo they did.

Normal Geth getting a channeled, AoE melee. Juggernauts getting a grab that drained shields from EVERYTHING. :allears:

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

So does anyone know if you have to max out the rank on normal weapons to get the variants? I haven't got a single rare variant and I haven't maxed out a regular rare weapon yet.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

MarshyMcFly posted:

So does anyone know if you have to max out the rank on normal weapons to get the variants? I haven't got a single rare variant and I haven't maxed out a regular rare weapon yet.

Yep, exactly. No rank X, no variant.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Schubalts posted:

Normal Geth getting a channeled, AoE melee. Juggernauts getting a grab that drained shields everything from EVERYTHING. :allears:
It was much more :black101: than just shields. Only armor? Only health? Juggernaut cares not; you will be converted into energy for his shields regardless.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's pretty pathetic how much of a better game ME3 Multiplayer is compared to the ME:A offering.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

DancingShade posted:

It's pretty pathetic how much of a better game ME3 is compared to the ME:A offering.

I just finished the single player and this is just so loving true.
Eh I'm around this weekend if anyone wants to do a couple games but blaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009
I got an Asari duelist rank 1 and I'm wondering if I should even bother until I can grind enough credits to luck into getting her to a higher rank. Is there any benefit of a rank 1 ultra rare character over a rank 20 common?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

wookieepelt posted:

I got an Asari duelist rank 1 and I'm wondering if I should even bother until I can grind enough credits to luck into getting her to a higher rank. Is there any benefit of a rank 1 ultra rare character over a rank 20 common?

The Kinectist has a unique biotic ascension thing.

That's about it. You're going to be outdamaged by the humans besides that.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm just gonna ask it here. In the single player is there any equivalent to the power wheel from the previous games or are you seriously locked to whichever three powers you selected for that particular profile/favourites?

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
i hope someday they make a real mass effect multiplayer game, it's kinda the only thing the series has going for it at this point. they accidentally struck gold in me3 but it was bogged down by the same horrible micro transaction BS plaguing this game, and adromeda's multiplayer isn't even good in comparison it's just missing something special despite being nearly identical on paper.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Two Finger posted:

I'm just gonna ask it here. In the single player is there any equivalent to the power wheel from the previous games or are you seriously locked to whichever three powers you selected for that particular profile/favourites?

They stole it from me3 mp without understanding why it was good there.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Two Finger posted:

Yea. Basically.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Relentless posted:

They stole it from me3 mp without understanding why it was good there.

andromeda.txt

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

wookieepelt posted:

UR characters all have some unique mechanics. Kineticist has ascension, exemplar has bonuses on tech combos, duelist has asari sword and teleporting through walls, gladiator has krogan hammer, the salarian has invasion, the avenger has sudden strike.

Of course, none of the URs are that great overall. The avenger is almost broken because she can spam sticky grenades and stealth grid, but otherwise URs tend to be more gimmicky than effective. Don't get me wrong, they're fun, but like the kineticist can't do anything to armoured enemies, especially now that they fixed the barrels to not do 50x the damage they should.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
I just a saw a PAW concussive in the wild. If I had a question why they added all those extra cards, that answers it.

I also hope they someday add Kett or Remnant inspired MP chars. That could be fun.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Dilb posted:

UR characters all have some unique mechanics. Kineticist has ascension, exemplar has bonuses on tech combos, duelist has asari sword and teleporting through walls, gladiator has krogan hammer, the salarian has invasion, the avenger has sudden strike.

Of course, none of the URs are that great overall. The avenger is almost broken because she can spam sticky grenades and stealth grid, but otherwise URs tend to be more gimmicky than effective. Don't get me wrong, they're fun, but like the kineticist can't do anything to armoured enemies, especially now that they fixed the barrels to not do 50x the damage they should.

The kineticist can definitely do some good damage to armored and shielded enemies. With fire ammo she can wreak fiends with infinite fire combos to its face using lance. Also people think that it's a great idea to use the kineticist to lift and throw barrels at dudes. It's completely not. Walking around with an explosive barrel right in front of your face is a death sentence! One shot will make it explode in your face. Honestly the only effective way to use the kineticist is to pull and lance dudes in the air to make biotic explosions all day. And use ammo and lance for everything else.

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 15, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You can also Throw mooks at armored enemies for decent damage. Ascension is enough of a game changer to make her worth using at any rank.

Avenger Strike isn't really very good on Gold (and is suicidal on Platinum), and it's not like you can't spam cloaked Sticky Grenades with like 4 other characters.

Invasion is stupidly good though and makes Operator worth using.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

precision posted:

You can also Throw mooks at armored enemies for decent damage. Ascension is enough of a game changer to make her worth using at any rank.

Avenger Strike isn't really very good on Gold (and is suicidal on Platinum), and it's not like you can't spam cloaked Sticky Grenades with like 4 other characters.

Invasion is stupidly good though and makes Operator worth using.

I havent really liked the salarians much, but Operator really got fun once I got some points into Invasion (assuming a good team so I dont get flattened instantly)

Architect is also fun as a gimmick, but is pretty trash for the most part.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If the single player thread wasn't dead I'd post this there, but ehhhh

https://www.masseffect.com/trial

Open ended availability of the free trial. Makes sense - sales must be pretty much zero so with nothing to lose why not try?

Not even 6 months old and nearly giving it away :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

DancingShade posted:

If the single player thread wasn't dead I'd post this there, but ehhhh

https://www.masseffect.com/trial

Open ended availability of the free trial. Makes sense - sales must be pretty much zero so with nothing to lose why not try?

Not even 6 months old and nearly giving it away :allears:

It's only 10 hours though.

• Locked thread