Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Could simply be Assange trying to take advantage of the situation for some notoriety, dumb as it may be.

If it's a lie, it's an incredibly dumb one, since it makes it look like Assange is in cahoots with Donnie Jr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Limbaugh and Hannity are both out with:

- Every country other than Russia and Israel wanted Hillary to win, but nobody cares about that!
- Hearing someone out and taking a meeting isn't illegal. They got nothing from the meeting.
- Opposition research happens in all campaigns. This is part of the left's constant war on political speech.

So, this looks to be the official line.

Trump Jr. is going to reiterate this on Hannity tonight.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Leon Trotsky 2012 I don't mind the tweetstorms, but I'm not sure anyone needed Debra Messing's hot takes on the situation

Debra Messing is the governor of Pennsylvania.

Her LT Governor is JUST JACK.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Well, Assange is presumably involved with this chain of events so I can believe him being aware of the correspondences. I don't see what benefit there would be to publishing them himself when he's One of the Good Ones (info orgs) to Republicans. Why wouldn't he discourage him from posting anything and keep up the illusion of "objectivity"?

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 11, 2017

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Hillary is a criminal and should be in jail forever
^
|
|
|
v
Don Jr did nothing that Hillary didn't do

Bounce back and forth until your brain droops of your ears like sloppy joes

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Things are mattering at an exponential rate and yet like clockwork we have the usual suspects rushing into the thread to breathlessly assert that nothing matters.

This makes me sad because i'm probably one of those people at this point but i don't actively try to be. I just see no point in contributing to a news frenzy if I have nothing new or contrary to say, so my contributions tend to be "nothing matters"-isms because i honestly think a little of that serves the valuable purpose of preventing the thread from pollyanna'ing off a cliff. Unlike some I hope against hope I'm wrong but the election and literally everything following has instilled in me a near-certainty that I'm right. I'd reassess my view if Democrats won the House in 2018 but even that's looking unlikely.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

BiggerBoat posted:

This.

This is what people do not get. It's one thing to say "They can't DO THAT!!! It's against the LAW!" But people forget that the ones enforcing the law are the same people who write them. Black guy snatches a purse or smokes a rock? 10-15 years. White bankers rob millions in people's retirement money? Nothing. 5 years in a country club half way house, the firm gets a government bailout and half of those criminals get appointed to the cabinet.

The law is only as strong as those enforcing it. Trump is going to get away with everything he's doing unless he really, really fucks with the people who make more money than he does, and even then I'm not so sure.

Ok, well I'll just let Mueller and the FBI know that so they can get back to investigating important things like Benghazi and leaks

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

- Every country other than Russia and Israel wanted Hillary to win, but nobody cares about that!
- Hearing someone out and taking a meeting isn't illegal. They got nothing from the meeting.
- Opposition research happens in all campaigns. This is part of the left's constant war on political speech.

See this is why I'm sure jack is gonna happen. There's always going to be an excuse. I'm tired of every single scandal coming out and suddenly everyone is creaming themselves over it being the final piece of the puzzle and then it gets buried in a week or so.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

OldTennisCourt posted:

Actual full on calls and work to impeachment.

There is an impeachment bill in the house with over 20 signatures and it has been sent to Judiciary committee. Republicans well never let it leave committee, and even if it did, they would still need 23 republicans to vote for it.

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 11, 2017

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
really good system that the founding "fathers" made that the speakers of house make it unable to vote on anything, they should have no say on what gets or doesn't get voted.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Is nothing-burger bigger than pizza-gate yet?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

So they really have just gone with "OK, they were colluding, but can you blame them?"

:psyduck:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

OldTennisCourt posted:

See this is why I'm sure jack is gonna happen. There's always going to be an excuse. I'm tired of every single scandal coming out and suddenly everyone is creaming themselves over it being the final piece of the puzzle and then it gets buried in a week or so.

They'll always come up with an excuse. What matters is the narrative. Trump Jr has seriously weakened the narrative.

If this logic worked, the Clintons should have been able to bury emailgazhi through their wealth.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

The Glumslinger posted:

So they really have just gone with "OK, they were colluding, but can you blame them?"

:psyduck:

Nothing is wrong when our guys do it!

selec
Sep 6, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

Is nothing-burger bigger than pizza-gate yet?

Nothingburger is going to be bigger because it's Man Bites Dog.

Pizzagate was about politicians loving children. Nothingburger is about children loving over politicians.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/884860271373803520
https://twitter.com/braddjaffy/status/884863384214282240

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
https://twitter.com/andymoney69/status/884800341086265344

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Celexi posted:

really good system that the founding "fathers" made that the speakers of house make it unable to vote on anything, they should have no say on what gets or doesn't get voted.

They have power by controlling their majority. So even if you formally weakens the speaker, it would end up with the same result almost always.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Just like,

Fuckin turbolol.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I missed this

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/884843566949945344

Sure, the senior advisor the president might have had his security clearance revoked, but none of this matters becuase

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Anyone who actually believes anything that Assange says is an idiot. He will say or do anything that will bring clicks. His only claim to fame was one of the sloppiest leaks in all of history.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

You poor poor man.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Blitz7x posted:

Hillary is a criminal and should be in jail forever
^
|
|
|
v
Don Jr did nothing that Hillary didn't do

Bounce back and forth until your brain droops of your ears like sloppy joes

https://twitter.com/housescience/status/884857905417244674

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Anyone who actually believes anything that Assange says is an idiot. He will say or do anything that will bring clicks. His only claim to fame was one of the sloppiest leaks in all of history.

And also WikiLeaks

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
I want to write a faux article on a reputable looking site about Hilary meeting with a Ukrainian expat with ties to the Ukranian government looking for dirt on Paul Manafort.

Then wait for conservatives to call for her head.

Then reveal it was all a hoax.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Crabtree posted:

You poor poor man.

Seriously, he waited for a comment and probably cost himself a Pulitzer

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Their line is now "they didn't get anything from the meeting, so it's not illegal." First, I'm pretty sure it's still illegal. Second, the nytimes strategy has been to let them lie and then put out more information proving they are lying. Third, that one guy says he is still reporting aaaaand finally we are one hour away from five o clock on the east coast. :allears:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Even the conservatives who were initially on the "Uh oh, this is bad" side are now on the "Actually, this is good" side in less than a day.

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/884557482517049344
https://twitter.com/PoliticalShort/status/884643759119515649
https://twitter.com/gatewaypundit/status/884538866115502080

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

twice burned ice posted:

I want to write a faux article on a reputable looking site about Hilary meeting with a Ukrainian expat with ties to the Ukranian government looking for dirt on Paul Manafort.

Then wait for conservatives to call for her head.

Then reveal it was all a hoax.

I remember when some goon did that with a fake Kenyan Birth Certificate for Obama, and he managed to get it on Fox News

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

That Twitter is always sad because it's the science branch that denies science, but this is just pathetic.

Incredible how fast marching orders come down

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

Seriously, he waited for a comment and probably cost himself a Pulitzer
He didn't write the story

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
You Americans have achieved Trisomy Watergate

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Donald sighed as he unsheathed his tiny hand from his normal sized sleeve

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

quote:

We do not want to criminalize the normal mistakes that people make. That's not the purpose of government.

"What did you do last night?"

"Oh, not too much. Got dinner with the wife, walked the dog, watched some sportscenter, and accidentally colluded with a foreign enemy."

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/884867119434747904

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Trump buddying up to the NRA so early in his campaign makes a lot of sense in retrospect, since he now owns more smoking guns than any other person in America.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

twice burned ice posted:

"What did you do last night?"

"Oh, not too much. Got dinner with the wife, walked the dog, watched some sportscenter, and accidentally colluded with a foreign enemy."

Ignorantia juris non excusat

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Vegetable posted:

He didn't write the story

Derp, I saw NY Times in his profile and assumed he was a contract writer for them

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I don't think anything that happened in the last 2 days will change Trump's approval rating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sure, do this

• Locked thread