Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Photex posted:

this is the first time I've heard about Maddox being physically and mentally abusive?

I don't know, the family have been pushing this idea that Paige was a total innocent and that Maddox both forced her to be in and then leaked the sex tapes to hurt her and Del Rio.

I don't know if it's true or not, but there's a common thread where everything to do with her is everyone else's fault always.

And gently caress Del Rio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

lol goons nevertheless speculating about a relationship based off of limited information and a number of contradictory accounts, as the woman begs them to stop

I'm sorry, what the gently caress is this?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DrVenkman posted:

I don't know, the family have been pushing this idea that Paige was a total innocent and that Maddox both forced her to be in and then leaked the sex tapes to hurt her and Del Rio.

I don't know if it's true or not, but there's a common thread where everything to do with her is everyone else's fault always.

And gently caress Del Rio.

The tapes were "hacked" (social engineered, phished. All that stuff that people call hacking today but isn't.)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wazzu posted:

Depends on how mainstream public the breakdown is, and how much she gets better, really.

Jeff Hardy's issues were pretty big, too, weren't they? I can't recall how much mainstream attention it got outside of the wrestling bubble but he was in rough loving shape for a while and has received a few "second chances" over the years.

Hoping Paige can escape this and move onto better things.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Aphrodite posted:

The tapes were "hacked" (social engineered, phished. All that stuff that people call hacking today but isn't.)

Right, but didn't they supposedly get hacked from her cloud or something? At the very least despite what Paige and her family might imply, Maddox didn't release them and hardly comes out of them looking great either.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

The whole leaking the sextape in the first place wasn't enough?

Yeah that's kind of implied in the "has a sex tape with" part

Vaguido posted:

I'm sorry, what the gently caress is this?

A bad post by a bad poster

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Alberto being a coked-up, abusive piece of poo poo is all speculation you see

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
can't believe my favorite diva got beaten by a coked up lunkhead

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hate abuse

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Realtalk if you or someone you know is experiencing abuse or domestic violence there are resources to help https://www.rainn.org/national-resources-sexual-assault-survivors-and-their-loved-ones

Also please donate to RAINN they are a great cause

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Realtalk if you or someone you know is experiencing abuse or domestic violence there are resources to help https://www.rainn.org/national-resources-sexual-assault-survivors-and-their-loved-ones

Also please donate to RAINN they are a great cause

:agreed: completely

Also Mick Foley did a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSR1PX5r2p4

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 11, 2017

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Abuse is...bad?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oldpainless posted:

Abuse is...bad?

the worst

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

quote:

you'll be argry at me but I love you, I'm writing this on behalf of all the Knights

new thread title?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
It's more likely that GFW tries to sign the brother for a match than discipline Del Rio

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Bummer

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

new thread title?

we are the knights who say THIS IS OUR HOUSE

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Mulaney Power Move posted:

quote:

you'll be argry at me but I love you, I'm writing this on behalf of all the (white) Knights
new thread title?

fixed

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hm

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
This thread is a loving wild ride.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

there are some brave individuals in here speaking out against domestic violence, thank you.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I hope something happens to get them away from each other before it ends the way this kind of thing usually ends. Domestic violence is no joke.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The phantom post here is annoying me. It better be good!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

The phantom post here is annoying me. It better be good!

No idea what happened there but sorry to disappoint

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Comedy is tragedy plus time, and there really hasn't been time yet. If you're gonna crack a joke about this situation so close to these revelations, it better be really loving funny, and delivered with impeccable timing to relieve tension and pressure.

And seriously, donate to RAINN, they're good people.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

No idea what happened there but sorry to disappoint

It's these old broken down forums. Sometimes it just happens.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert posted:

Things are set to escalate very soon.

OctoberCountry posted:

In a funny way or a sad way?

Sad.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Are you seriously claiming that you scooped a thing that hadn't happened yet?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Paige's other brother

quote:

Roy Knight posted the audio from the airport altercation between the two and added:

“We got pics from the last 6 months bro of her beating I’m glad she’s finally sticking up for yourself..the reason there fighting yesterday is cause my uncle on his last legs in hospital and he wished him dead. Well now its out there ,the answer to all your questions I keep getting asked is there ,my sis won’t be going WWE cause he won’t let her ,he trying get her the sack by keep running on about them.”

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh God this is just terrible

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Defiance Industries posted:

Are you seriously claiming that you scooped a thing that hadn't happened yet?

Nope. What's the scoop here anyway? Previously in this thread I did say the relationship has all the signs of domestic abuse but should be obvious to most. I posted the bruises to her body and her cutting out her closest friends. Various people reported various incidents over the past two years.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Paige's other brother

People heal at different rates and wrestlers should take as long as they want recovering from neck surgery. But Paige should have returned to WWE back in May at the latest.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah it's not really claiming a scoop to say that things are clearly escalating in a pretty sad way. I don't think this story is going to get any better until the point the relationship breaks up for good, and even then it's going to have repercussions for a long time.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

rovert posted:

Everything Rovert is doing

just wondering, are you part ghoul? Because you're being a bit ghoulish in this thread friendo

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Her brother comparing her to Amy Winehouse and Whitney Houston let's you know drugs are most likely in the equation.

I was always bothered here and elsewhere by people waving off the bruises on her body as either Pro Wrestling or MMA sparing related especially during times she wasn't medically cleared to do either and especially in places wrestlers don't typically get bruised in. It is way too common of an occurrence other cases of domestic abuse in the Pro Wrestling industry I've been aware of.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

i do want to be clear that this is the wrestling business and theres no way it doesnt end terribly for all involved

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Solus posted:

just wondering, are you part ghoul? Because you're being a bit ghoulish in this thread friendo

hes just saying that yes, paiges brother is likely correct int hat del rio is keeping her from working back in WWE since her injury is healed, comparing it to other similar injuries.

hes not doing anything wrong, please don't be antagonistic

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

MotU posted:

hes just saying that yes, paiges brother is likely correct int hat del rio is keeping her from working back in WWE since her injury is healed, comparing it to other similar injuries.

hes not doing anything wrong, please don't be antagonistic

I'm just saying, Rovert doing his usual vagueness shtick is super weird when it's about domestic violence and not wrestlescoops

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

Her brother comparing her to Amy Winehouse and Whitney Houston let's you know drugs are most likely in the equation.

I was always bothered here and elsewhere by people waving off the bruises on her body as either Pro Wrestling or MMA sparing related especially during times she wasn't medically cleared to do either and especially in places wrestlers don't typically get bruised in. It is way too common of an occurrence other cases of domestic abuse in the Pro Wrestling industry I've been aware of.

It's not an unreasonable assumption to make, and goes to demonstrate how quick most people are to try and find alternative reasons for bruises rather than consider that actual physical abuse is happening (which is part of the reason people are able to get away with it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Solus posted:

I'm just saying, Rovert doing his usual vagueness shtick is super weird when it's about domestic violence and not wrestlescoops

I don't think he's been particular vague in this case. Regardless, let's not make this about rovert, the issue at hand is a far bigger deal.

• Locked thread