Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The entire lives of the Hardys to this point is the kind of story you could make a movie about and nobody in the world would believe it was true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

Dumb poo poo TNA has done(the hits):
-somehow convinced Chris Rock to make an appearance. I couldn't tell if he was terrified or confused. Same for the crowd.
-Dixie getting mad because they couldn't get Vanilla Ice
-Dutch Mantell declaring there would be no booked finishes by submission
-drawing a dick on Samoa Joe's face
-hiring Taz
-hiring Vince Russo. 3 times.
-Billy Corgan.
-a reverse battle royal
-a women's reverse battle royal
-a reverse ladder match
-dixie vs email
-russo vs email

I'm still impressed the Ultimate X rigging hasn't fallen onto the audience or collapsed. Same for that terrordome cage thing.

dont forget about the time they accidentally lit the roof on fire

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

dont forget about the time they accidentally lit the roof on fire

That's on the list of good stuff TNA did.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jenna Morasca vs Sharmell was ok because you got to see Jenna Morasca's butthole on discount PPV.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

coconono posted:

Jenna Morasca vs Sharmell was ok because you got to see Jenna Morasca's butthole on discount PPV.

On the other hand Jenna Morasca's "slaps"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

grack posted:

On the other hand Jenna Morasca's "slaps"

hilarious.

Right up there with Shelly Martinez's OW MY VAG moment.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
So Jenna Morasca was "famous" for being on Survivor, did she do anything else of prominence to be on TNA or was that pretty much it? Same as Jonny Fairplay (who at least had some indy wrestling exposure).

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Taz was fine, he just didn't give a poo poo and it was impossible to blame him

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bigass Moth posted:

So Jenna Morasca was "famous" for being on Survivor, did she do anything else of prominence to be on TNA or was that pretty much it? Same as Jonny Fairplay (who at least had some indy wrestling exposure).

peaked as part of TNA, Jenna Morasca and Jimmy Rave*.

*-which is an absolute CRIME, I tell you.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I've never seen the Jenna vs. Sharmell match so I just watched it.

Jenna throws the absolute worst slaps I've ever seen. Her elbows are tight into her sides and she just kind of moves her hands back and forth.

Sharmell wears a blue feathered dress that she can barely move in, and it leaves feathers all over the place. She gets hit with the worst punch of all time by Kong at the end of the match which allows Jenna to straddle her and get the pin.

Some other girl I've never seen before gets knocked off the top rope and nearly kills herself by just missing slamming her head on the gate. Kong was supposed to catch her I guess.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

I've never seen the Jenna vs. Sharmell match so I just watched it.

Jenna throws the absolute worst slaps I've ever seen. Her elbows are tight into her sides and she just kind of moves her hands back and forth.

Sharmell wears a blue feathered dress that she can barely move in, and it leaves feathers all over the place. She gets hit with the worst punch of all time by Kong at the end of the match which allows Jenna to straddle her and get the pin.

Some other girl I've never seen before gets knocked off the top rope and nearly kills herself by just missing slamming her head on the gate. Kong was supposed to catch her I guess.

Good. Now go watch Rebel vs. Shelly Martinez and try and figure out which match is worse

Hint: I SAID, MY VAG HURTS!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

As well as that disgusting skit with Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan, and I think Ric Flair all making fun of the "TNA Doctor" for suggesting that concussions were a bad thing and maybe some people should take some time off.

Don't forget that while this "serious" concussion story was going on, there was also a comedy one going on where Eric Young was dropped on his head and went from being a serious heel to a goofy brain damaged face.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

grack posted:

Good. Now go watch Rebel vs. Shelly Martinez and try and figure out which match is worse

Hint: I SAID, MY VAG HURTS!

Just watched it too and it was also quite terrible. At least those two could do some wrestling moves, but most of the match was them talking at each other or trying to make sure their boobs don't fall out of their tops.

Both are easy -***** or more, but Jenna vs. Sharmell was laughably embarrassing while Rebel vs. Shelly was just really bad.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bigass Moth posted:

She was bankrolling the Main Event Mafia with her Survivor winnings, she didn't need to do anything else in life with that cash!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'd say the times they refused to pay for the medical expenses of anyone that wasn't a white man.

The time they insisted that Daffney be put through a barbwire covered plywood board by Abyss, saying they would give her a big push, she got injured going through it, they refused to pay for any medical expenses and didn't even get it on camera. Or the time they forced Daffney to do a strip tease. Or how they had Bubba Dudley's poorly trained rookie beat her in a squash where she ended up suffering a career ending injury and Bubba tried to get the blame pinned on Daffney.

Anything TNA did to Daffney, really.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

coconono posted:

Right up there with Shelly Martinez's OW MY VAG moment.

I still think this is one of the greatest moments in wrestling.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Yeah, Daffney ended up having to sue them to get her medical costs covered, which I think she did get eventually.

Also when Chris Candido died, TNA sent his final paycheque with his name on it, so his girlfriend (Tammy Sytch aka Sunny) asked them to resend the cheque in her name so she could cash it. TNA refused, and sent a boneless ham as a sympathy gift.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

grack posted:

Also when Chris Candido died, TNA sent his final paycheque with his name on it, so his girlfriend (Tammy Sytch aka Sunny) asked them to resend the cheque in her name so she could cash it. TNA refused, and sent a boneless ham as a sympathy gift.

hahahahaha what the gently caress? I never heard this

I don't doubt it because, well, TNA, but :stare:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Sytch already had her problems (I used to work with her) but TNA's treatment of Candido before, during, and after pushed that poor woman over the edge.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WrestlingInc posted:

We have confirmed that the next GFW Hall of Fame inductees and the new Championship belts will be revealed on the live GFW Impact episode on August 17th in Orlando.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao i can't wait to see what candidates go into their HoF because guaranfuckingtee it's either a bunch of sad sack nobodies or people who are known far more for poo poo they did outside of TNA

E: because I couldn't help but be curious, current TNA HoF is:

Gail Kim
Earl Hebner
Kurt Angle
Jeff Jarrett
Sting
Dudleys

DJExile fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 11, 2017

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how can global force wrestling have a hall of fame were those baseball shows really that amazing

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
James Storm has been there forever, right? I bet it's him.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

skaboomizzy posted:

James Storm has been there forever, right? I bet it's him.

He left and burned out of NXT in like a month

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I thought he went back and was in some stable with Eddie Kingston?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

I thought he went back and was in some stable with Eddie Kingston?

Yeah, Death Crew Council with Bram and Kingston

TNA has terrible faction names

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DJExile posted:

lmao i can't wait to see what candidates go into their HoF because guaranfuckingtee it's either a bunch of sad sack nobodies or people who are known far more for poo poo they did outside of TNA

E: because I couldn't help but be curious, current TNA HoF is:

Gail Kim
Earl Hebner
Kurt Angle
Jeff Jarrett
Sting
Dudleys

did they strike Christian from the HoF?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

It should probaby be lashley, he's the most obviously slumming it guy left TNA has.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

grack posted:

I still don't know what their gimmick was supposed to be.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

did they strike Christian from the HoF?

He was never in it, he was supposed to induct Sting.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

grack posted:

I thought they were the beatdown clan

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

that was MVP, Low Ki and someone else. Hell I wasn't watching. Who wants this poo poo.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

The death crew council were the geeks with masks that show up in tag team apocolypto

The BDC was MVP/Kenny King/Hernandez which ended abruptly because of that entire thing where they didn't bother to check if Hernandez was clear of his LU conract.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Death Crew Council has been gone for awhile. James Storm is back to being a beer drinkin' cowboy after somehow turning into a Bray Wyatt Cult Leader and a weird Mime Mask Gang Leader over the course of the past 36 months.
It's a shame DCC never won the tag titles, it would have been quite the culmination of his storied tag career:

1) Tag titles with Chris Harris
2) Tag titles again with Chris Harris like six months later
3) Won them the third time in a year
4. A fourth AMW title win!
5) Somehow Triple X and AMW switched tags partners, a fourth tag title reign with Chris Daniels
6) AMW, five time champions!
7) Sorry, six times!
8) Beer Money wins the titles!
9) Beer Money wins them again!
10) Whoops, Beer Money wins it for a third time!
11) Beer Money wins the belts for Fourtune!
12) James Storm teams up with Gunner I guess and wins the titles!
13) Now James Storm is Bray Wyatt and he and Abyss win the tag titles for THE REVOLUTION
14) Sadly, the Death Crew Council never won the titles :(

Maybe when he recovers from his Slammiversary injuries he can be granted ceremonial tag titles 13-17 so that they can claim he is better than Cena OR Flair

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Next HOF'er will probably be someone like Borash or Don West. I feel like they burn through talent too often for it to be an actual wrestler, and those guys have been involved in TNA/GFW forever (even with West leaving for a while).

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah are Borash and Abyss the only two that have basically never left?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DJExile posted:

Yeah are Borash and Abyss the only two that have basically never left?

Abyss left to work the IWA for a year at the start of TNA

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

coconono posted:

-Dutch Mantell declaring there would be no booked finishes by submission

So they'd only have shoot submission finishes? Or.. wtf

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

The BDC was MVP/Kenny King/Hernandez which ended abruptly because of that entire thing where they didn't bother to check if Hernandez was clear of his LU conract.
Lashley, Low Ki, and Joe were also in BDC because TNA can't help but load up a faction with half the roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
As of ten minutes ago IMPACT is pushing promo materials for the August New York events on Twitter tonight. Alberto is in them. So tone deaf.

https://twitter.com/rmorfnyc/status/884955190348140549

• Locked thread