Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Why ask me ? I cant understand me either!

Fo3 posted:

Conversation that happened today with my 4y/o (his words in italics):
"and this is my crane"
"crane!" yelled in disbelief because he knows cranes are supposed to be big.
"engine crane, to pull out and fix engines"
"can you fix my subaru, the engine is broken and out on the lawn"
"I probably can't but I know someone who can, do you like cats?"
"yes I like cats, does he live on our street"
"no, he's on the internet"
*kid goes on hand and knees and wails "who will fix my subaru?"

Then we played cops and robbers.
No photos because he's too young to give informed consent.

To expecting goon, we had some problems but were lucky enough to live 3km from the state maternity hospital which was all free so we could go as many times as needed.

My Step Daughter proudly takes credit for getting the CHU to start first go because she blew bubbles on him. At least she likes Rotaries and Ducati's....

Kaptainballistik fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jul 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
OK, so i am probably slightly retarded, but how do I get into the slack channel?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Fo3 posted:

"and this is my crane"

To expecting goon, we had some problems but were lucky enough to live 3km from the state maternity hospital which was all free so we could go as many times as needed.

Oh my god this is adorable

fjelltorsk posted:

OK, so i am probably slightly retarded, but how do I get into the slack channel?

https://automotiveinsanity.slack.com

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

Seems like I need an invitation.

Edit: thanks

fjelltorsk fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 11, 2017

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I, too, am retarded when if comes to Slack.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
there hasn't been a good bond film since *vague hand gestures*

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

fjelltorsk posted:

Seems like I need an invitation, mind sending one to barebjarte at the g mails?

Sent

nine16thsdago
Jun 29, 2005
fprintf(stderr, "this should never print\n");
i broke a mounting stud on a monroe quick-strut assembly that i ordered from rockauto. i pressed it out, replaced with a M8-1.25 bolt, and emailed warranty support asking to **order** a replacement stud.

Monroe/Tenneco warranty support posted:

We are sorry to learn of the inconveniences you are having with our product.

Unfortunately, we cannot replace just the stud. We need to replace the whole quick strut.
To make a warranty claim, you must return to the dealer or retailer from whom it was purchased or installed for verification and exchange under this warranty.
Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate in contacting us.

:stare:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

how do I "Contact the team administrator for an invitation?"

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

how do I "Contact the team administrator for an invitation?"

UGH send me a pm or email me at AdiabaticSA@gmail.com UGHHH

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Yeah get your butts onto slack it's pretty chill talkin.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

fridge corn posted:

there hasn't been a good bond film since Kingsman

Fixed that for you.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Fo3 posted:

"and this is my crane"

God, that's adorably awesome.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

Fo3 posted:

Lately, I've been walking up to strangers wild-eyed and asking the same question.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fjelltorsk posted:

Seems like I need an invitation.

Edit: thanks

same

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

and me. Why cant you just sign up for it?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, it seems like a very odd way to do things.

Let me in!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Fo3 posted:

"and this is my crane"

Not gonna lie Ive been having a very rough time lately.... but that homestly is one of the best things Ive read in a long time.

Yeah okay Ill fix his Subaru :)

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I love it, those are the stories you remember and then repeat to anyone who will listen, much to their embarrassment. My daughter is very tired of me telling everyone she got straight As in honors courses this year. I can't stop though.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

LloydDobler posted:

I love it, those are the stories you remember and then repeat to anyone who will listen, much to their embarrassment. My daughter is very tired of me telling everyone she got straight As in honors courses this year. I can't stop though.

I'm sure that my daughter, who is now 15, will eventually hate me for relating the story from when she was 3 or so, riding in my RX-7, and SRV's "Texas Flood" was on the radio. When I went to around to unbuckle her from her seat, she looked up at me and say "There's flooding down in Texas", and I had to respond, "yes, and all the telephone lines are down." I was so proud, and utterly amazed that she had managed to pick that line up from the song.

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013
Well I am excited to say that the Wife and I are expecting, due February next year. My Wife's first, I have a 6 year old who lives with his mother. Told our son who proceeded to cry because "I'm not sure Im ready to be a big brother". :3:

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Awwww, did you tell him that the fear is what makes him ready? Or I wonder if he means he's enjoying being the baby still?

Hey Adiabatic, what causes a thread to go archives? Is it still 90 days like it used to be? I have a build thread coming up on 90 days but I"m still too lazy and stupid to work on the car, and I hate to bump it in that condition.

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013

LloydDobler posted:

Awwww, did you tell him that the fear is what makes him ready? Or I wonder if he means he's enjoying being the baby still?

I'm going to say a little of both. He is very much an 'only child'. Unfortunately his mother had a partner with two kids whom he lived with for over a year then never saw again when they split. So I think he's afraid of 'losing' his brother or sister gain.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Echotic posted:

Well I am excited to say that the Wife and I are expecting, due February next year. My Wife's first, I have a 6 year old who lives with his mother. Told our son who proceeded to cry because "I'm not sure Im ready to be a big brother". :3:

Nice job. I hope your little dude gets over it. Hot Wheels will help.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

LloydDobler posted:

Hey Adiabatic, what causes a thread to go archives? Is it still 90 days like it used to be? I have a build thread coming up on 90 days but I"m still too lazy and stupid to work on the car, and I hate to bump it in that condition.

Probably 90 days? I missed goldmining the electrical diag thread. I dont give a poo poo if you bump your thread dude go for it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah it's just a timer. I know it was broken for some time but ZDR must've fixed it.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

InitialDave posted:

Yeah, it seems like a very odd way to do things.

Let me in!

It's more oriented toward business collaboration type stuff than casual chatting, probably something of a security feature.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

The water hydrant that I just fixed a month ago (because the horse went through it), has completely quit. Either I have no water pressure (seems unlikely there's a pipe break without a puddle somewhere), or the God drat plunger at the bottom of the hydrant is stuck/the rod is broken. loving gently caress gently caress I am tired of digging up this loving thing

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

guys

At 6pm, this loving thing gets thrown into the car. No, not the cat (this time).

I'm really hoping there's nothing unexpected, like black death. The compressor didn't seize (clutch came apart, and possible front shaft seal leak), but given the price, and the miles, it made more sense to just replace the whole thing.

Driving 150-200 miles a day with no ac for 2 months has slowly run off what little bit of mind I still had left.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Driving 150-200 miles a day with no ac for 2 months has slowly run off what little bit of mind I still had left.

Holy gently caress, I'd missed this little saga. How the gently caress has your body not been broiled into jerky by now?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Enourmo posted:

Holy gently caress, I'd missed this little saga. How the gently caress has your body not been broiled into jerky by now?

Driving 8 hours a day with no AC in Texas isn't normal...

...But in the "sharing economy" it is.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Username/Post combo

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Enourmo posted:

Ice chest packed full of ice and gallon jugs of water, mostly. A bit of pulling over and stopping under a tree for 5-10 minutes here and there.

If I was 21, I could probably handle this poo poo a lot easier. As an overweight 38 year old diabetic... not so much. :v:

Previa_fun posted:

Driving 8 hours a day with no AC in Texas isn't normal...

...But in the "sharing economy" it is.

Eh... I've owned a few cars that didn't have working ac. But I was a lot younger and skinnier back then. And didn't drive nearly as much.

Also if I picked up an uber/lyft passenger without working ac, I'd get 1 starred into oblivion. Assuming I actually wanted to pick random strangers up.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Apartment lease signed. 11th floor. Views of the river and the district building. about twice as nice as the place in SF and 1/8 the price.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

cursedshitbox posted:

Apartment lease signed. 11th floor. Views of the river and the district building. about twice as nice as the place in SF and 1/8 the price.

Jealous as gently caress still.
Keep IRC'ing so I can hear about your hijinks man.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

cursedshitbox posted:

Have you checked the cladding on the outside?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

spog posted:

Have you checked the cladding on the outside?

Is good cladding comrade.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

So herniated discs are pretty painful eh. None of the painkillers the doctor gave me are really working and they don't prescribe the fun feel good ones in this country.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Again with ebay people. Go an entire front cut for sale, and matey wants to pay a third of the asking price for just the engine. Buy the whole lot and sell the bits you don't need if that's what you're after. Probably work out lower net cost for you too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

RillAkBea posted:

So herniated discs are pretty painful eh. None of the painkillers the doctor gave me are really working and they don't prescribe the fun feel good ones in this country.

Maybe try some ibuprofen or whatever pain pills they did give you, and some :420:?

• Locked thread