Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It could definitely be a little bit more "New to Fire Pro? Here's how to get started", but that may be something they're working on.

Is there going to be a way to import or make artwork/logos/etc.? I want to have my e-fed's brand on every apron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
There's a manual pdf as well. It doesn't help in terms of timing, but it's a decent enough document for match options, etc.

http://cdn.edgecast.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/564230/manuals/FPW_en_0707.pdf?t=1499733838

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
where are the glasses

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

simosimo posted:

FPR was as soon as the wrestlers 'clicked' , now it seems to be when the grapple animation stops completely you should grapple. I thought the game was broken, but after doing the tutorial missions I am now ready to rumble again.

thought I was just crazy, glad to see it isn't just me. took a while to get used to the new window of attack here.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
maybe we should pick a time to all go into the suggestions thread on steam and write "please add glasses for caws"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So is the usual thing of people having fake names but obviously being notable names from various promotions, i.e. "Salesman" Joe Morici=The Rock, or Ax Duggan=Hulk Hogan?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
All the guys that come with the game are fake, so no true "Fire Pro names" this time. Although they certainly used the same rules to name the fake characters.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

EdsTeioh posted:

There's supposed to be a "Management of the Ring" mode coming at some point. Not sure if it's going to be any more robust than the one in Returns, but it's something.

Was that ever actually confirmed? I remember the answer on the pre-launch Stream being more of a "we're focusing on getting the game out now, but will be adding more stuff based on input and feedback from the fans" type of answer.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

I really miss "1-2-3 Of Blitz" X-Package.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
anyone have edits that have gaps in their hair or something where you can see the ring behind their head

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

anyone have edits that have gaps in their hair or something where you can see the ring behind their head
Yeah, many of the base heads lack a back of the head where the wrestler they're totally not based off of has hair. There are "bald back of the head" parts buried among... I think the hair parts, so it's not difficult to work around with a pinch of care.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Kins posted:

Yeah, many of the base heads lack a back of the head where the wrestler they're totally not based off of has hair. There are "bald back of the head" parts buried among... I think the hair parts, so it's not difficult to work around with a pinch of care.

Those parts are the first entries in the "subparts" list way towards the bottom of hair and other various head accessories, so it takes a bit to get to them but they definitely are there.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Can we download saves with wrestlers already placed in correct promotions and such or do we have to manually organize 100's of wrestlers?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

89 posted:

Can we download saves with wrestlers already placed in correct promotions and such or do we have to manually organize 100's of wrestlers?

The 100% mission complete save going around at the Arena has wrestlers in it that the original file creator had downloaded so I think the answer to that is yes, with the caveat that I cant be entirely sure as those wrestlers were in the retired slot.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I just uploaded a couple wrestlers to the workshop but they have blank thumbnails (this was probably about 20-40 minutes ago now). Is this something that just takes time or did something go wrong somewhere?

EDIT: Ok something's definetely messed up. It appears that I get no preview thumbnail when I try to upload wrestlers, and when I tried to upload a referee the preview thumbnail changed to that of a ref I had subscribed to. Anybody else experiencing this?

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jul 12, 2017

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Do people actually play this game or watch the ai play this game like saltybet?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

KyloWinter posted:

I like to actually play it. If I want to watch wrestling, ill go watch wrestling.

I like the simple graphics and the way the matches are paced more like actual wrestling.

I haven't touched a Fire Pro game in like 8 years and it was like riding a bike, the timing stuff all came back to me almost immediately.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
This guy has made a clean 100% save file so you don't have to grind the tutorials to unlock everything:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/564230/discussions/0/1456202946275477641/

Be warned: it will overwrite your edits and potentially your subscriptions.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Aw man, I can't get this until I replace my desktop but god I wanna play it already.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Picked up fire pro on steam never played one of these games before. Is it possible to set up a 30 man royal rumble in this game? Most I can see to do is some sort of 8 man battle royale, but I don't know jack so far so I just assume I am doing it wrong.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Evil Canadian posted:

Picked up fire pro on steam never played one of these games before. Is it possible to set up a 30 man royal rumble in this game? Most I can see to do is some sort of 8 man battle royale, but I don't know jack so far so I just assume I am doing it wrong.

I believe as of right now you can only do 8 man battle royals; they've never really implemented a system where more people come into a match (not to say they won't do it though, it's just not something that exists in the game currently)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Finished the tutorial missions. There's definitely a learning curve with the grapple timing, to say nothing of the combos, but I think I have a basic hold on it now. (To me it DOES seem like just as soon as the grapplers are locked but that's a short time frame so I might be interpreting it differently from the other players in the thread.)

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
http://cdn.edgecast.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/564230/manuals/FPW_en_0707.pdf?t=1499733838

Manual here. Helped me a bit

Just got an Okada caw off the workshop with full moves and logic. Finally

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

KyloWinter posted:

Oh man...

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Are we posting CAWs here? I made the Doom Guy.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=973766523

Rip and tear, until the referee gets to a count of 5.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Someone on Fire Pro Arena found an edit paint tool buried in the code of the game. It's not in game yet but it works with some tinkering but it's in Japanese. So it was either in and deleted or will be unlocked in a future update. This would pretty much make it so the only limits on Edits are patience and artistic ability and in a world with Workshop you don't even need those.

Also apparently there is a logic bug when you download Edits from a workshop so if your Okada or Undertaker is hitting finishes and not going for pins that's why.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

My mind is still blown that there are 1000 people playing right now.

Here's my first workshop submission. This is a guy that my friends and I first created in 1996 on 6 Men Scramble. We've kept him going for twenty years over various editions of the game. He was originally using the teddy bear head but that's been gone since FPR iirc. Still some minor attire stuff I want to change.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=973706774&searchtext=cotton+candy

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

spongeh posted:

Are we posting CAWs here? I made the Doom Guy.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=973766523

Rip and tear, until the referee gets to a count of 5.

Please put him in a match with Andre. He is huge.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Two quick qs about THE NEW FIRE PRO THAT I JUST SAW ON STEAM

- It says early access, is there anything to look out for besides (probably) wonky online?
- How big is the file size? Thinking of installing this on the laptop but it might not have enough space

I skimmed the last couple of pages but might have missed the answers to these, sorry

Artelier fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jul 12, 2017

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

I really want to get FPW on PS4, but I can't seem to find any info on if there will be anyway to "copy" saves so I can get edits on there. It worked like a charm on FPR on PS3, but i'm guessing with the way the PS4 is set up that won't be possible.

Is...is it possible?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I noticed last night that sometimes when you do the strike exchange, one guy will pose and hit his big strike and knock the other guy down, BUT THEN the other guy will get up and hit his big strike and collapse

best wrestling game ever

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Artelier posted:

Two quick qs about THE NEW FIRE PRO THAT I JUST SAW ON STEAM

- it says early access, is there anything to look out for besides (probably) wonky online?
- how big is the file size?

I skimmed the last couple of pages but might have missed the answers to these, sorry

The devs have a known issues page in the community hub, mostly stuff involving edited wrestlers and wonky online like you said. The game itself is something to the tune of roughly 3.5 GB

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I noticed last night that sometimes when you do the strike exchange, one guy will pose and hit his big strike and knock the other guy down, BUT THEN the other guy will get up and hit his big strike and collapse

best wrestling game ever

yes and im glad they kept in how the ko'd wrestlers still lie motionless in the ring for the rest of the match. bonus if they are bleeding a pool of blood forms around their head while the show goes on

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

Borrowed Ladder posted:

best wrestling game ever

Seems like that happens in late-match situations where both guys are gassed to emulate strong style/toukon. Which is cool as gently caress.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Is there a release date for FPW on ps4?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

super macho dude posted:

Is there a release date for FPW on ps4?

Not yet, probably around the time its out of early access on steam

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

weekly font posted:

Someone on Fire Pro Arena found an edit paint tool buried in the code of the game. It's not in game yet but it works with some tinkering but it's in Japanese. So it was either in and deleted or will be unlocked in a future update. This would pretty much make it so the only limits on Edits are patience and artistic ability and in a world with Workshop you don't even need those.

Also apparently there is a logic bug when you download Edits from a workshop so if your Okada or Undertaker is hitting finishes and not going for pins that's why.

Welp, he thinks he also found a move editor.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
This is probably just the tools the dev's use to make stuff so they might not be features they intended people to use.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

KungFu Grip posted:

This is probably just the tools the dev's use to make stuff so they might not be features they intended people to use.

Yeah he posted some stuff in the Fire Pro Arena discord and it looks like they have some game menus but that is the way he's leaning. Here's hoping this is what we're waiting for after Early Access.

weekly font fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i have a billion games to play on steam and i still want to get FPW :shobon: