Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I'm conflicted. Usually I wouldn't second guess something in a Rall cartoon being a drone, but in this case his art is so bad that I genuinely can't tell. It's like a red frisbee with pinwheels stuck to the bottom and I guess a camera of some sort on the top?

now that drones don't exclusively look like those white plane things Rall is having to move with the times. "Rall drawing something differently to how he's used to" is never a story that ends well. Admittedly neither do most stories involving Rall drawing things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Kurtofan posted:

i see mac has joined the may bashing

That or Dolchstoßlegende.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

What on earth is this in reference to?

Edit: Upon further review, I legitimately have no idea if this is pro-firefighter or anti-firefighter.

plainswalker75 fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jul 11, 2017

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

plainswalker75 posted:

Edit: Upon further review, I legitimately have no idea if this is pro-firefighter or anti-firefighter.

I'm guessing it's supposed to be pro, because there's no tell that it should be taken as sarcastic ("eats babies" "glutton for praise" "how come I don't get treated as a hero"), but it's so over the top that I'm only guessing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Huh. Is this really the first time anyone's done that? It's legitimately clever. I don't appreciate the wings being labelled "repeal" and "replace" as much, but I really like that imagery.

Abyssal Squid posted:

I'm guessing it's supposed to be pro, because there's no tell that it should be taken as sarcastic ("eats babies" "glutton for praise" "how come I don't get treated as a hero"), but it's so over the top that I'm only guessing.
I think it's both incredulous that anyone is crazy enough to do the job and really grateful that they do (especially with the saluting bird.)

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

plainswalker75 posted:

The closest guess I can make as to why anyone would draw this is that this guy has just discovered that sometimes people deliberately let forests catch fire because that's how they naturally grow and has decided to attempt a sarcastic hot take on what morons these morons are. But I'm only extrapolating from "kindling eliminator" and "completely fried brain" so further research is still needed i think

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Firefighters have enough smoke blown up their rear end just doing their job, they don't need hack cartoonists too.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

Isn't Ted Rall employed by Sputnik, the very cool and hip Putin-controlled media outlet?

Thanks for the reminder!

The last two weeks of Sputnik News:

The more talented cartoonist is Vitaly Podvitski, who at least has the excuse of being a Russian living in Russia.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Shangri-Law School posted:

The more talented cartoonist is Vitaly Podvitski, who at least has the excuse of being a Russian living in Russia.

These are basically republican cartoons except even more worthless and revolting.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Just relaxing in the back(front?)yard with my mutant-legged dog, watching the TV I have mounted to my tree.

Red Ryder
Apr 20, 2006

oh dang

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Just relaxing in the back(front?)yard with my mutant-legged dog, watching the TV I have mounted to my tree.

Knocking back a couple cans of Bees

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

New ARMS character looking good.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Nothing like a tasty box of chips

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

There are wildfires in Arizona, where Fitzsimmons is located, so I assume he's just acknowledging their efforts.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
IT'S MONDAY TUESDAY!

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

What the gently caress is this

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Can't tell if Bok has no soul or if he's slowly becoming reasonable. Either way, he cannot loving string a coherent visual analogy together.

Good Ol' Chip Bok posted:

Here’s a nifty graphic from Axios AM. It’s based on data gathered by The Kaiser Family Foundation. The data show that most people are covered by group health insurance. But Medicaid comes in second.

The Affordable Care Act encouraged states to expand Medicaid to the able bodied poor. The deal was that the feds would pay 100% of the costs until 2020 and 90% from then on.

Addiction to Medicaid

The Medicaid expansion created a new entitlement. And Governors like John Kasich got hooked on it. And, as with most addictions, the price skyrocketed.

Daniel Henninger in the WSJ finds it ironic that Republicans are using the opioid addiction crises as a reason not to cut back on soaring Medicaid expenses.

quote:

What an irony it is that one of the Republican arguments made now for preserving ObamaCare’s Medicaid expansion is the opioid crisis. Even after the Supreme Court ruled in 2012 that Medicaid’s expansion was optional, some Republican governors got hooked on the promise of federal cash flow to the horizon.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I think it's both incredulous that anyone is crazy enough to do the job and really grateful that they do (especially with the saluting bird.)

Yeah, I think it's that.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

seiferguy posted:

Has anyone kept track of all the political cartoons that described the Russia story as a "nothing burger"? Now would be a good time to be reminded of them!

I've got a guy for you.

quote:

At last report, there is zero evidence that the Russians had squat to do with the recent Wikileaks dump of Democratic National Committee emails detailing the program of fraud and sabotage against the Sanders campaign. Still, that hasn't stopped Liberal Democratic mouthpieces like MSNBC shrieking at full throat about how "the Russians did it".

Actually, it's too bad that the Russians didn't do it, because ma-aan, would that have been some poetic justice.

quote:

After over a year's worth of lies, thievery, vote-rigging, bullying, threats, public insults and destruction of evidence in an FBI investigation, the Clinton Presidential campaign and its media flunkies continue to insist that rising voter distrust in the US electoral system is due to a Russian plot. Yeah, that's right -- it's all the Russians' fault.

quote:

I'm at the point where I'm thinking it was actually worth it all, just to finally see the Democratic Party having to eat its own dog food.

It's been two months since they lost, and those clowns are still at it -- shrieking, bitching, red-baiting, blame-shifting, finger-pointing -- and it's getting tiresome.

My suggestion to all you Democrats out there is to quit your drat whining and choke it down. There's not a speck of cereal, you know.

quote:

So, Liberals are telling us that the media who lied to us since forever are the friends of the People now, and so are the CIA.

Everybody clear on that?

Good... 'cos I really need to make a pitcher of martinis and roll a joint right now...

quote:

Everybody out there insisting on comparing this circus to Watergate, please take a seat. The Watergate investigation proceeded after getting hold of actual evidence; this freak show has absolutely jack -- it's all anonymous sources saying whatever the "reporters" need to make up... hell, even the "reporters" farting out this waste don't come anywhere even close to Woodward & Bernstein-level investigative reporting.

This shindig is so not Watergate, it's not even funny; it'll be more like a combination McCarthy witch hunt and a Monty Python Inquisition.

quote:

Anyone paying any attention to what's going on in the US knows that we've got a buffet of issues waiting to be dealt with -- healthcare, civil liberties, the neo-fascist threat, police brutality, you name it.

So, what's the Democratic Party up to? Yep -- they're still pitching a tantrum, looking for someone to blame for their abject impotence in the last election, their teeth clamped around their Russian hacking conspiracy theory like a dog with an old shoe.

Bonus Cartoon!

quote:

Hillary Clinton's recent collapse at a Nineleven™ anniversary ceremony -- accompanied by all the obligatory Clinton campaign spin, dissembling and lies -- has given a whole new meaning to the Democratic Party's campaign slogan, "Stronger Together".

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

What the hell is that thing on the right supposed to be? Some sort of quadcopter?

I though it was a flying, radar-guided fez.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Mantis42 posted:

Firefighters have enough smoke blown up their rear end just doing their job, they don't need hack cartoonists too.

Your cartoons still suck and no one believes your dumbass book about sleeping your way through college, Ted.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

"This will age well" is going to be something of a slogan in this thread throughout the Trump years.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Pants Donkey posted:

"This will age well" is going to be something of a slogan in this thread throughout the Trump years.

"Years" lol.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah it's only been six months and he already might have decided to sacrifice his firstborn son to hold on just a little bit longer.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Duckbag posted:

Yeah, pre-9/11 GWB had just about worn through the grace period (most) presidents get and people were getting salty about tax cuts and the economy. All the 9/11 inside job conspiracy theories come out of this notion that he "needed" the war on terror to get a second term. His sudden surge in popularity after the attacks was indeed weird and creepy, but I attribute that to the same broke-brain boomers with daddy issues that carried Reagan through Iran-Contra.

I think, come 2004, there's even odds the horrible old would have remembered they hated gay people enough to carry him through, war or no.

Part that, part the reflex to defend "their guy" against "liberal attacks".

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

So funnies-section cartoonists have to submit strips what 2 weeks in advance?

Does this mean we can look forward to another 12 days or so of Prickly City serving up ever more hilarious variations of "no evidence! no collusion, no collusion, you're the collusion!" ?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

VitalSigns posted:

Does this mean we can look forward to another 12 days or so of Prickly City serving up ever more hilarious variations of "no evidence! no collusion, no collusion, you're the collusion!" ?

Yes. Yes, it does.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah, daily strips are 2 weeks in advance and sunday strips are 6 weeks in advance, I think.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

drat it to piss. my fireman replaced all of my anti-fireman reading materials with Pro-Fireman bullshit

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

New ARMS character looking good.

:yeah:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hunderfossen eier!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://youtu.be/1nrghr7Gye0
Someone edit this so that the boy is labeled "Donald Trump", the chandelier as "the Media" and the pillar as "Don Jr".

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Have we got any Comics of Don Trump Jr. dressed in a mcdonalds outfit serving up the patty of the CNN "nothing Burger" yet?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Sad this missed the pants donkey treatment in the other window.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Angepain posted:

The closest guess I can make as to why anyone would draw this is that this guy has just discovered that sometimes people deliberately let forests catch fire because that's how they naturally grow and has decided to attempt a sarcastic hot take on what morons these morons are. But I'm only extrapolating from "kindling eliminator" and "completely fried brain" so further research is still needed i think

The cartoonist anticipated the confusion, and signed off with a little bird saluting the firefighter. Verdict: "PRO".

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Shangri-Law School posted:

I've got a guy for you.

quote:

At last report, there is zero evidence that the Russians had squat to do with the recent Wikileaks dump of Democratic National Committee emails detailing the program of fraud and sabotage against the Sanders campaign. Still, that hasn't stopped Liberal Democratic mouthpieces like MSNBC shrieking at full throat about how "the Russians did it".

Actually, it's too bad that the Russians didn't do it, because ma-aan, would that have been some poetic justice.

I think that "zero evidence" of "squat" amounts to a double negative.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

TheBigAristotle posted:

What the gently caress is this

It's trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Your cartoons still suck and no one believes your dumbass book about sleeping your way through college, Ted.

i wasnt criticizing firefighters, i was criticizing the dumb cartoonist who thought "firefighters are cool" was a hot enough take to make a cartoon about it

• Locked thread