Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I actually think this is a good thing. Rondo kind of shifted into a mentor for the young guys last season and is a smart guy. If he's still willing to embrace that role he'd be a nice person for Ball to learn from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/alexiskmorgan/status/884927943616602112

This woman gets me.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

That's cool if you're trying to miss but you're supposed to say "Jordan" if you want the garbage to get in the basket.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spacebump posted:

That's cool if you're trying to miss but you're supposed to say "Jordan" if you want the garbage to get in the basket.

Yeah well I miss so it's okay.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

pubic works project posted:

She misses sitters too, so

edit- I thought that was the other Alex Morgan the soccer player so meh

Mr. Mambold fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 12, 2017

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Niwrad posted:

I actually think this is a good thing. Rondo kind of shifted into a mentor for the young guys last season and is a smart guy. If he's still willing to embrace that role he'd be a nice person for Ball to learn from.
definitely gonna help with his shooting form

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if i ever see someone kobe a wastepaper shot i will immediately boozer them as loudly as humanly possible

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

pubic works project posted:

lol same. This made me realize it is probably hilarious to block people's trashcan shots and hiss at them.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also how the gently caress is Jindar Mahal the champ

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

Stojakovic is mine

There has never been a more fun name to pronounce

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Spacebump posted:

lol same. This made me realize it is probably hilarious to block people's trashcan shots and hiss at them.

Hahahaha I'm going to start to do this!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

Rip in peace, Ben Wallace, you were not appreciated enough

I will cry real tears when he gets in the Hall

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am not a big fan of chicago bulls stars "big" big ben like the clock ben wallace and rip in peace hamilton

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

zoux posted:

Also how the gently caress is Jindar Mahal the champ

India has lots of people

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

tanglewood1420 posted:

I'm higher than most on Simmons (which sounds kinda ridiculous talking about a no. 1 overall pick), but if all his projected offensive skills translate then he doesn't need to be a knockdown shooter, just passable. He should have the athleticism to drive to the rim and score on the 4s that will be guarding him, as long as he is not Rondo/MCW bad so they totally ignore him on the perimeter and pack the paint he should be fine. I acknowledge there is a possibility he is an MCW level shooter in his rookie season, but hopefully that will develop along the way. You will have to guard him closely anyway when he has the ball in his hands because of his vision as a passer (better than Lonzo imho), it's just when he's off-ball that you want him to at least be 32% 3P so he doesn't kill the spacing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWbYZ94A0sL/

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/884947799594237952

Ded Mon Walkin (to atl)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Not wild about that form but his release is decently quick and the arc on his shot is not bad

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hope that works out better than splitter did. Though Hawks have to be tanking at this point

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

why did pop give him the atomic benching last season?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Liability on offense, supposedly bad on switches so basically unplayable for playoffsm

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I've been catching up on news from today and lol that Steph didn't get a player option for his deal. pretty sure he'd still get another deal at 34

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol that the bulls had dunn and payne literally leave the team and then they won because of the Marksman and some LSU guy i've never heard of

e: please don't post jordan bell summer league stats without a bulls fan trigger warning

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 12, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol that the bulls had dunn and payne literally leave the team and then they won because of the Marksman and some LSU guy i've never heard of

e: please don't post jordan bell summer league stats without a bulls fan trigger warning

Only stats I care about.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Hey if Bashez is out there, can you solve a dispute between Metapod and me?

Is Kawhi Leonard better than Kevin Durant? I say yes. Metapod seems not to understand the question otherwise he'd agree, yes.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

EvanTH posted:

Hey if Bashez is out there, can you solve a dispute between Metapod and me?

Is Kawhi Leonard better than Kevin Durant? I say yes. Metapod seems not to understand the question otherwise he'd agree, yes.

No.

KD's defense is criminally underrated. and is a better offensive player.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

2 years 14 million for Dedmon? That seems like a lot for this market, and why would Atlanta want a decent center at this point?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Tae posted:

2 years 14 million for Dedmon? That seems like a lot for this market, and why would Atlanta want a decent center at this point?

You have to field a team.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

kawaii aint a bitch though, ergo

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

AggressivelyStupid posted:

kawaii aint a bitch though, ergo

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/872660773578973186

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Showing clips from the time Durant succeeded on the Warriors doesn't really argue against him being a bitch.

He is better than Kawai tho.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

BWV posted:

Showing clips from the time Durant succeeded on the Warriors doesn't really argue against him being a bitch.

He is better than Kawai tho.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dexo posted:

You have to field a team.

They already have Miles Plumlee for too much money and like four bigs off their bench.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dexo posted:

No.

KD's defense is criminally underrated. and is a better offensive player.

Hah, whereas Kawhi Leonard's offense is criminally underrated (higher OBPM than Durant this season)

Kawhi Leonard beat Prime LeBron and won a title and a Finals MVP when he was only 23--Kevin Durant couldn't manage that until age 28, when he was carried by Draymond Green.

Let's go to the tape:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro9l54XgxD0

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
KD isn't a bitch, that's silly. He's a top 3 NBA player.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

EvanTH posted:

Why can't he be both?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Cool Buff Man posted:

Stojakovic is mine

There has never been a more fun name to pronounce

:same: but I say Peja!

A guy on the basketball team in high school who started as a PF and transitioned to a big SF junior year. The coach told him he was going to make the move because he was an athletic freak. When he came back from the summer he shouted HERB MAGEE at every shot in practice because he did nothing but watch The Shot Doctor videos all summer to learn how to shoot.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Did you guys just not watch this game?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jkMui7Ju4I
That's Kawhi scoring on Durant over and over, Durant only getting buckets when Kawhi is put on a switch on the other side of the floor, or off the court completely. KD is passing away every time he sees Kawhi on him. Kawhi beat him both ways.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I imagine Kevin likes being called a bitch when he's paying someone to fart in face though so :shrug:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

EvanTH posted:

top 3 bitch too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

EvanTH posted:

Did you guys just not watch this game?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jkMui7Ju4I
That's Kawhi scoring on Durant over and over, Durant only getting buckets when Kawhi is put on a switch on the other side of the floor, or off the court completely. KD is passing away every time he sees Kawhi on him. Kawhi beat him both ways.

Head to head is very bad way to compare players but if you insist http://www.basketball-reference.com...a01&idx=players

Durant only 1 time scored less than 20 vs kawhi and out plays him nearly every time

• Locked thread