Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

What ep's that a reference to?

Hollywood Handbook #170 The Wendigabrus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The Boys are on Spont today. Fantastic episode, and perfectly in line with HH where the scene is about the improv that they're doing more than it is about what's actually happening with the characters.

They should be on Spont every week. Or Spont should be on HH every week. Either way I'd be happy. Hope this week's HH is about this week's Spont.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I'd like to see them improv with spont regulars at some point. I don't know if it would be good but id like to see it !!

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
Their talk about creepy 90s music videos is something I related to. I remember being creeped out by Closer. And also Black Hole Sun as a kid.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'm shonk lemons and welcome to my monster class

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Has there been an actual announcement re: the death of Seeso? Asking cuz I still need to watch s3 of #Billions & a few other things.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

"Melcome"

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Mime monk memmons, mand melcome moo my mobster mass

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
I like how they just make Bang memorize a bunch of ridiculous instructions to follow in scenes, it's a great dynamic. Have they said how many episodes there'll be?

Malcolm Excellent posted:

melcome to my mensterclaps

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
[exhausted sigh]
"Ok. Alright."

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

da beeper king BABY posted:

I like how they just make Bang memorize a bunch of ridiculous instructions to follow in scenes, it's a great dynamic. Have they said how many episodes there'll be?

melcome to my mensterclaps

I think they said it was six episode series.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think, with all due respect to every other comedian that might show up, Jess McKenna is the Earwolf 2017 MVP., even with about half a year left. I'm callling it now.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The new Handbook is very funny, and very smart

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Oh poo poo, Mary Holland on Masterclass this week!
http://howl.fm/audio/47818/table-for-two-w-mary-holland

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

I think, with all due respect to every other comedian that might show up, Jess McKenna is the Earwolf 2017 MVP., even with about half a year left. I'm callling it now.

Yeah she's quickly become one of my favs.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Drunkboxer posted:

Yeah she's quickly become one of my favs.

She gives every character a huge level of sincere enthusiasm for whatever their premise is, and has one of the quickest wits on Earwolf, and an instantly recognizable voice. She's easily a new favorite regular for me and guarantees a download.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Zsinjeh posted:

Oh poo poo, Mary Holland on Masterclass this week!
http://howl.fm/audio/47818/table-for-two-w-mary-holland

God, this one is so loving funny

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

She was awesome as the 'barely legal' teen on CBB the other week, definitely giving this one a whirl. Thanks.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

I forget the name of her, but I love her Power Wheel-driving kid character on CBB.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
surprisingly decent free styler...compared to average free style ability on CBB. which you'd think would be higher since free styling is just improv that rhymes, and that's basically just all it is

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Tarranon posted:

surprisingly decent free styler...compared to average free style ability on CBB. which you'd think would be higher since free styling is just improv that rhymes, and that's basically just all it is

Talking with people is basically improv too, so anyone who talks should be able to freestyle pretty well imo. Just learn some rhymes, drat.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Tarranon posted:

Lol. Actually when people just rhyme, you get that "humpty dumpty sat on a wall" freestyle, like Scott and PFT do.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

ManoliIsFat posted:

Lol. Actually when people just rhyme, you get that "humpty dumpty sat on a wall" freestyle, like Scott and PFT do.

My name is Scotty Auck and I'm here to say, I rap in a humpty dumpty kinda way!

- Expert talker (aka. Improviser)

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Improv4Humans episode 300 next week!

Randomly remembering the 'Green Crew' episode, one of my absolute favs. No particular favorite scene, it was just all hilarious
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-green-crew/

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Zsinjeh posted:

Randomly remembering the 'Green Crew' episode, one of my absolute favs. No particular favorite scene, it was just all hilarious
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-green-crew/

POOR PEOPLE GOTTA WORK ALL NIGHT

The Trump in Central Park scene is funny, but not as funny as it was when the episode originally came out...a more innocent time.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
If you think about it, life is improvised so we're all expert improvisers. And freestyle rap is just improvising because rap music is just talking to a beat and isn't real music. And everyone is funny in their own way, all of which are just as valid as a form of human expression as the kinds of funny that comedians are. So logically, anyone can do a comedy rap at the drop of a hat.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The secret to improvised rap, is every first line should start with 'My name is x, and I'm here to say'. The rest pretty much just works itself out.

e: homophone fixed. D'oh.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 13, 2017

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
The best has always been PFT's character (Garry, maybe?) saying they were going to rap in an "autumnal way".

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

EL BROMANCE posted:

The secret to improvised rap, is every first line should start with 'My name is x, and I'm hear to say'. The rest pretty much just works itself out.

Also IM RAPPING TO THE BEAT

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I put on my tax forms that I’m a professional improviser. The IRS loves that poo poo.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Tatumje posted:

I put on my tax forms that I’m a professional improviser. The IRS loves that poo poo.

My living room is a tax write off since that's where I do most of my conversational improvising.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Have you ever tried contact improv? I've mostly practiced by myself, but it can be a lot of fun.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

If they don't keep making The UCB Show somehow after Seeso fails, I'm going to be pretty pissed. It's been such a great show throughout.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Have you ever been over a friends house

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Franchescanado posted:

The best has always been PFT's character (Garry, maybe?) saying they were going to rap in an "autumnal way".

It's a time to celebrate the Birth of a Nation.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
The latest improv4humans episode is pretty great, they got another musical guest but it is not a guy with a guitar this time, but the Family Crest, an orchestral band. Between that and the Mopes trilogy, improv4humans has been on fire lately. Jessica Mckenna is amazing.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah I4H is killing it lately.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
are they like gonna discontinue functionality of the howl app cause stitcher is loving poo poo

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Probably eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

bump_fn posted:

are they like gonna discontinue functionality of the howl app cause stitcher is loving poo poo

I don't understand how they made the jump to an even worse app.