Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Boon posted:

Quick, someone who doesn't normally post here come in and tell me why this doesn't matter and is actually bad.

McMagic will be here shortly to talk about blue dogs and Manchin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
:siren: Donald Trump Jr is live right now on Hannity. :siren:

He's been coached to blame, "Russia hysteria," in line with FOX News talking points.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

pro click, 4+ pages later

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

actionjackson posted:

Lawrence O'Donnell is saying Kushner is in a lot more trouble than Trump Jr. is that true?

Kushner is a government employee, has a security clearance, and was "officially" part of the campaign.

He had to disclose this meeting on his clearance forms and did not.

Kushner is potentially open to more legal problems from this than Trump Jr.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

evilweasel posted:

kushner lied about this on his SF-86 forms and there is no loving way he can now pretend that was an accident and that's way easier to prove

And the optics are even worse with it being Jared, since he's the one handling all these disparate jobs for Papa Trump.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The guy shouldn't have said he retracts the comparison, he should've told Fucker Carlson that if he doesn't like the comparison then he needs to stop being an apologist for murderous dictators.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Boon posted:

Quick, someone who doesn't normally post here come in and tell me why this doesn't matter and is actually bad.

I will not be happy until we successfully clone Bernie Sanders and place him in every spot of government.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Boon posted:

winning state legislative seats in 2018 may wind up being more important than winning the house over the long term

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

evilweasel posted:

also apparently kushner's lawyers are leaking highly incriminating documents to the press which isn't exactly great in your legal team

Eh, that's the new White House normal

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Ague Proof posted:

"If you're convicting murderers, it's one thing," Jared said. "It's often fairly clear. When you get into things like white-collar crime, there are often a lot of nuances. Seeing my father's situation, I felt what happened was obviously unjust in terms of the way they pursued him."

JFC go jump into a volcano you waste of oxygen.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Also, the NYT says that this whole meeting was uncovered because Kushner was trying to cover his rear end and disclose it on official documents. Kushner probably could have gotten away with it, but he wanted to protect himself legally as much as possible and threw Trump Jr. (and kind of Trump) under the bus.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Kushner probably really really doesn't want to go to jail.

Reminder this person is on Mueller's team

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-lawyers-idUSKBN19A1CM

quote:

Reuters) - A veteran federal prosecutor recruited onto special counsel Robert Mueller's team is known for a skill that may come in handy in the investigation of potential ties between Russia and U.S. President Donald Trump's 2016 campaign team: persuading witnesses to turn on friends, colleagues and superiors.

Andrew Weissmann

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Despera posted:

The incompetence of Trumps lawyers is the most surprising thing in all this

Remember when a bunch of top law firms all turned down representing Trump on the Russian investigation? Like normally being asked to represent the President would be a massive coup for any firm. But Trump would be such a terrible client since he wouldn't take your advice, would shoot his mouth off and say things you tell him not to say, will blame you no matter what happens, and probably won't pay his bills. So Trump ends up with a bunch of jokers representing him.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Also, the NYT says that this whole meeting was uncovered because Kushner was trying to cover his rear end and disclose it on official documents. Kushner probably could have gotten away with it, but he wanted to protect himself legally as much as possible and threw Trump Jr. (and kind of Trump) under the bus.

Which indirectly might explain why Diaper Don released the emails on twitter; if leaked anonymously, the text that the NYT had may not have had the formatting making it obvious that Kushner was in the loop. It was an internal WH "gently caress you".

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Go ahead junior, say more poo poo. Keep talking.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

cr0y posted:

Go ahead junior, say more poo poo. Keep talking.

Is there a live link that works?
pls and ty.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Post 9-11 User posted:

:siren: Donald Trump Jr is live right now on Hannity. :siren:

He's been coached to blame, "Russia hysteria," in line with FOX News talking points.

https://twitter.com/evepeyser/status/884959731424661504

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Majorian posted:

And the optics are even worse with it being Jared, since he's the one handling all these disparate jobs for Papa Trump.

Are you saying this Russian nonsense might distract Kushner from bringing peace to the Middle East?

And government reform?

And restructuring how we're fighting in Iraq?

And solving the opiod crisis?

And reforming the VA?

:ohdear:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Here it is on YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI_1rJM9yTU

Think this is okay to post right?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
"Did you tell your father about this?"

"Uh uh uh"

The Paul Manafort school of acting.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/884911313050271744

"I couldn't help but arrange the meeting and then go to it"

"Honey, honey. The website just popped up when I opened the email. You can't blame me for that. I can't control who sends me these jailbait things."

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Enigma89 posted:

Here it is on YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI_1rJM9yTU

Think this is okay to post right?

Aces man, thanks! :sax:

e- haha, I haven't had sattelite TV for like 2 years, I forgot FN is pretty much a walgreens pharmacy ad.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 12, 2017

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

STAC Goat posted:

"Honey, honey. The website just popped up when I opened the email. You can't blame me for that. I can't control who sends me these jailbait things."

"My (adult) sons and I were trying to explain it to my wife."

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

KickerOfMice posted:

Aces man, thanks! :sax:

e- haha, I haven't had sattelite TV for like 2 years, I forgot FN is pretty much a walgreens pharmacy ad.

NP dude.

You can always go on YT and just type "news" and then filter by LIVE and reliably always find a stream like this. The chat is generally hardcore left or right though.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

KickerOfMice posted:

Governer Mary Fallin
In December 2016, Fallin signed into law a bill to require all Oklahoma Department of Health-regulated entities, including restaurants, public buildings, hospitals, and small businesses, to install anti-abortion signs in their public restrooms by January 2018. The bill appropriates no state funding for the signs, requiring businesses to pay the estimated cost (estimated to be $2.3 million).

It's.... a taking?

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jul 12, 2017

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

skeleton warrior posted:

Eh, that's the new White House normal

the rest of the white house leaks incriminating poo poo about their enemies

its not great when your lawyers leak the stuff about you, and while that looked worst for don jr. it was real bad for kushner

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

He almost said nothingburger

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
So I probably heard whatever I heard in the room.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

This kid is gonna get nailed to the wall.

Edit: oh goody a legal expert coming up!

FateFree
Nov 14, 2003

Holy poo poo did you see his eyes close when he was asked if there were any more emails?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

evilweasel posted:

also apparently kushner's lawyers are leaking highly incriminating documents to the press which isn't exactly great in your legal team

Which makes me wonder are they doing it out of spite or because Trump Sr is telling them to do it as part of quantum chess game he is playing with his past-future self, he will likely turn out to be Kellyanne Conway in a Trump mask.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/jlsinc/status/884817945909743620

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Bannon is seriously a disgusting looking person.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/884911313050271744

"I couldn't help but arrange the meeting and then go to it"

The website said that thai women wanted to marry me. It's not my fault that I clicked yes, bought a ticket, went to thailand and slept with a kathoey. I can't control what they send me, honey.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Thanks, now I'm visualizing Anton Chigurh with Trump's hair and that is even more unsettling than the movie.
Or vice-versa :stare:

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

What the hell does fox do with their audio that makes it bounce off my walls in super weird annoying ways.

E: maybe just a run of the mill stroke

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

https://twitter.com/IceManNYR/status/884933032016216065

This has certainly probably been posted but I whooped aloud when I watched it, it's so good

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Just in case anyone isn't clear on how ridiculously stupid/dog-eat-dog the Trump crew is, here is how this played out:

- This meeting happened with Manafort, Trump Jr, Kushner, and a Kremlin lawyer.
- The meeting was facilitated by a Russian Oligarch/Businessman with ties to Trump and the Kremlin, but he was not present.
- Kushner leaves out this meeting on his security clearance form. Obviously, after all the Russia accusations and the topic of the meeting itself, it would have been bad.

Kushner would have probably been denied a security clearance and even if he wasn't, then it would expose this whole meeting and plunge the Trump Administration into scandal before it even began.

- Kushner signs an affidavit saying his security clearance form is the complete truth upon penalty of law.

- Mueller is appointed and Kushner hires a legal team.

- Kushner's legal team finds these emails setting up the meeting and says, "My dude, there is a 95% chance that you will never get caught on this. However, we can see here that there were 5 people on this email chain. We don't know if they forwarded it to anyone else or if any communication on any of these 5 recipients ends were compromised. Therefore, even though you almost certainly won't get caught, we need to advise you that to give yourself the maximum amount of legal protection you have to amend your security clearance filing. You probably would have never gotten caught, but because written evidence exists that contradicts your affidavit, the only way you can be safe is to admit it."

- Kushner amends his security clearance form and somehow word gets out to the New York Times about it.

- The NYT obtains a copy of the email (almost certainly from someone on Kushner's legal or tech team) and presses Trump Jr. about it.

- Chaos reigns.

Mueller had no idea about this meeting.

Kushner almost certainly would have never been caught, because only 5 people total knew about the meeting.

Kushner decided to throw Trump Jr. under the bus and potentially undermine his father-in-law's entire administration to take his chance of not getting in trouble from 95% to 99% by filing a new affidavit with the federal government to protect himself with a paper trail.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 12, 2017

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
You are the media you fat prick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
Yes, if Ivanka was not a Trump, she would be a feminist icon. I don't really have a joke here, brevity is the soul of wit. :v:

• Locked thread