Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
Heretics with your faith in rationality. My armor is contempt.
The emperor protects.

So let's say that Trump sr. gets impeached later on, will the events of today hold any relevance / could they be brought as evidence of the president being an actual intercontinental shitlord?
I mean it's not criminal what happened, but is it circumstantial?

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jul 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Covok posted:

On the subject, am I wrong or did the universe start as a ball of gas that slowly cooled ever since the Big Bang? Or am I just stupid? Like the Big Bang happened, everything started to exist, but it was all sparsely populated molecules (gas) that slowly cooled and merged?

That's about right as far as we can tell. Initially everything was so energetic that conventional laws of physics just straight up didn't apply and e en subatomic particles blew themselves apart apart as soon as they formed. Soon things expanded enough and cooled down enough that quarks could stay stuck together instead of flying apart, then protons/neutrons did the same thing, followed shortly by atoms, molecules, and eventually larger objects.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/willrabbe/status/884970968690634752

Lol, trumps gonna fire his lawyer

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/DanaHoule/status/884969695195144194

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://vine.co/v/iHlWTzDvxVq/embed/simple?audio=1

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Shifty Pony posted:

That's about right as far as we can tell. Initially everything was so energetic that conventional laws of physics just straight up didn't apply and e en subatomic particles blew themselves apart apart as soon as they formed. Soon things expanded enough and cooled down enough that quarks could stay stuck together instead of flying apart, then protons/neutrons did the same thing, followed shortly by atoms, molecules, and eventually larger objects.

Wow, that's even crazier than I thought. I just thought it was too hot when the universe was "young" (funny to call it that when you consider it took like a billion years for it to cool to the point where larger matter could exist), but didn't know physics didn't work too! gently caress space is weird and existentially scary.

Yes, Trump, firing your lawyer can only make things better. Do it...do it...then, Trump...TWEET THE PEEPEE TAPE! DO IT LIKE YOUR FUGLY rear end SON DID!

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Covok posted:

The Absolute Boiling Point of The Universe of Hot Takes.

Also, I don't know if Absolute Boiling Point of the Universe is a thing, but shouldn't there be a temperature that could be reached where everything, including stars, vaporize? Is that a dumb statement?

The instant after the Big Bang of hot takes.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

evilweasel posted:

for certain definitions of ball of gas that have extremely complex and mind-boggling definitions of "ball" and "gas"

Also 'start', 'slowly', 'cooled', 'since', and 'big bang'.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The Planck Temperature is essentially as hot as something can be before the laws of physics break down.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

An infinitely large hot take in an infinitely small amount of mattering.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

And what anti-adoption policy was that, Mr. Trump?

Did it have anything to do with American banks and murder?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Planck Temperature is essentially as hot as something can be before the laws of physics break down.

This is exactly what I was looking for! The temperature at wish all the laws of physics stops working!

Holy poo poo, that sounds like a line out of a bad superhero sci-fi plot line, but it's loving real. God drat, that's freaky. gently caress.

This is a great vine.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

A take so hot its gravitational lensing distorts our perception of reality.

silly mane
Nov 26, 2004
Is there a reason I don't see Keith Olbermann's ongoing youtube series "The Resistance" posted here a lot? I'm pretty sure I found out about it when someone posted it in this thread a while ago.

I mean, I understand he can come off as a bit of a blowhard, but he has this righteous anger thing and this way of laying out plainly how blatantly hosed things are that I find very cathartic.

He put out two videos today, here's the last:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMTEKNLAwzI

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

silly mane posted:

Is there a reason I don't see Keith Olbermann's ongoing youtube series "The Resistance" posted here a lot? I'm pretty sure I found out about it when someone posted it in this thread a while ago.

I mean, I understand he can come off as a bit of a blowhard, but he has this righteous anger thing and this way of laying out plainly how blatantly hosed things are that I find very cathartic.

He put out two videos today, here's the last:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMTEKNLAwzI

I think most of us got tired of him sometime around 2007

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
yeah, the impotence of his sputtering wears on you and he is very pompous in a way that makes me want to introduce his unsettlingly rectangular head to a toilet bowl

Krispy Kremepie
Mar 23, 2005

Inside......Me....
According to twitter, Hannity and Don Jr just blew holes through all the lefts bullshit. What are you all still going on about? It's a nothing burger made of nothing matters buns.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Covok posted:

No, the opposite. Heat death is when all the heat vanishes. I mean the opposite. When things are so hot that only gas can exist, no solid or liquid matter. Isn't that how the universe started anyway?

I mean, there kind of is an opposite of absolute zero in the form of the Planck temperature or the Hagedorn temperature, depending on which particular model of physics and theories you want to agree with today. The former is the point at which particles get so hot that the gravitational force matches the other three much stronger fundamental forces (but this requires quantum gravity which is completely loving bananas), while the latter is the point at which things get so hot the individual subatomic particles holding atoms together can't stay together and fly apart and evaporate

note: my interpretations of those two points are probably completely dumbed down and wrong, but I'm in school to be a rocket scientist not a quantum physics expert

Spaced God fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 12, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Spaced God posted:

I mean, there kind of is an opposite of absolute zero in the form of the Planck temperature or the Hagedorn temperature, depending on which particular model of physics and theories you want to agree with today. The former is the point at which particles get so hot that the gravitational force matches the other three much stronger fundamental forces (but this requires quantum gravity which is completely loving bananas), while the latter is the point at which things get so hot the individual subatomic particles holding atoms together can't stay together and fly apart and evaporate

I am learning so many terrible and terrifying things and I love every second of it. Thanks!

Anyway, did Hannity convince the base it is a nothing burger or is it just astroturfing bots?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I like the Hannity defense that "influencing the election was not a big deal"

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

How exactly is he trying to pin this on Planned Parenthood?

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
So would the interactions that the Clinton campaign operative supposedly had at the Ukrainian embassy possibly be criminal under the campaign law preventing the soliciting of something of value from foreign nationals?

Either way pales in comparison to Trump Jr. basically just confessing to treason.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Despera posted:

I like the Hannity defense that "influencing the election was not a big deal"

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did...
You deserved it.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I would find it very unusual if Natalia Veselnitskaya, a lawyer who was only let into the country on a special visa with the knowledge that she had worked for Russian intelligence and was here to advocate in a confusing criminal case involving a Russian company, was not being tracked by the FBI counterintelligence at least in passing, and I would guess Mueller already knew about the meeting.

Also, remember that campaign documents were subpoenaed a few weeks ago, so these e-Mails would have been read already.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

If there were more unplanned children, they could have survived to adulthood, become Republican voters, and Donald Trump wouldn't have had to collude to become President. Am I close?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wait so the FBI could have documented the meeting in June? Cause that would explain a lot.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Despera posted:

The Donald is a feast of Obama conspiracy theorys

His Subreddit's quite bad too.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

By saying it's connected to Planned Parenthood.

Donald Senior didn't plan Jr's parenthood.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

twice burned ice posted:

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did...
You deserved it.

I can't wait until we get to the stage where we get told that Donald Trump stole the election for the greater good of the nation.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

paperwind posted:

I can't wait until we get to the stage where we get told that Donald Trump stole the election for the greater good of the nation.

Probably tomorrows Hannity

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Given the amount of projection in this administration, what is the likelihood that Trump has tried to have Obama or Clinton wiretapped after he became president?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Weren't we already kind of there with the whole "Trump will be the nowadays equivalent of that bibilical shitbag that God made do good things for Israel?"

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Covok posted:

I am learning so many terrible and terrifying things and I love every second of it. Thanks!

Anyway, did Hannity convince the base it is a nothing burger or is it just astroturfing bots?

I think following Twitter or FB is a fool's game when it comes to whether things matter to the MAGAmen. Give it a day or two and then you'll know, but the one at work was quiet as hell and he only shuts up when Trump has embarrassed him.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Night10194 posted:

What is even their plan.

To look like they're trying, then blame Democrats.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The anti-adoption policy?

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Tatsuta Age posted:

Has anyone yet considered how slimy and evil the children of a Kushner/Trump pairing will probably be

"I was conceived during one of my mother's few conjugal visits before she herself was sent to do her time at a different federal prison. There was plenty left in my father's assets left over after the RICO seizure, so it wouldn't be fair to call my childhood an exceptionally poor one. In a lot of ways, I had it easy. I had a court appointed guardian and lots of private schooling, and I was supposed to keep it low key. Wouldn't even be given designer clothing. Lived in a fairly humble apartment. Nanny wouldn't let me give her any poo poo. So I guess I'm a lot different from anyone in the two families I would otherwise be famous for. Mostly, my needs are taken care of so I volunteer at a soup kitchen and try to find some way to be ... I don't know, as morally distant from my inheritance as possible.

"Last week, people in very strange clothing materialized in my living room. They asked me some weird questions, like if I had a "Barenstein Bears" book they could observe, or if Red Hot Chili Peppers had ever released a good album. I told them that of course they didn't. Then they looked disconcertingly at each other, and asked me how many of the star wars prequels got best picture. I said zero. Then one of them said "We found it. We found the cursed timeline." Apparently, to them, I'm some sort of temporal capstone or key, a bridging artifact. It's difficult to understand them. The one unexpectedly decent outcome of the darkest timeline. Apparently I have to travel with them to fix the timestream. In every other universe, Trump doesn't become president, and so I am raised either by the Kushners or the Trumps and become the world's most foul super-villain. I'm only stopped from being evil in this universe because everything went so pear-shaped that both my mom and my dad ended up in the slammer in the fallout of an impressively, comically corrupt clownshow.

So, to this day, I hunt my alternate reality counterparts and their imperial families. That is my job. I am the Antitrump."

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

glowing-fish posted:

Also, remember that campaign documents were subpoenaed a few weeks ago, so these e-Mails would should have been read already.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Yessss...destroy any relationships you have! That is the sane choice and you will definitely not die alone or have the pee tape leak!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I mean, Trump isn't wrong in this instance. Kasowitz has done a phenomenally terrible job :v: Though I doubt anyone could protect the Trumps from themselves.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I think the best part about Fox News' weird "the democrats set him up" idea is that for the plan to work Obama had let in the Russian lawyer on purpose, the democrats fed them correct information on Clinton, they then setup the meeting somehow with Donald's idiot son, the information damaged Clinton and the Russians helped Trump win because of some vague Democrat plants, and then six months into Trump's presidency release the story to discredit him and his family :psyduck:

that's a hell of an act, what do you call it?

"The Democrats"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

Trump has never had any actual friends

• Locked thread