Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Yes and yes, we get it, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

So this just snuck into my Twitter feed...

https://twitter.com/DKElections/status/884950341610897408

Two red districts in Oklahoma, one created in the 90s, one in 2010, never held by a Dem just got flipped.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Genocide Tendency posted:

So this just snuck into my Twitter feed...

https://twitter.com/DKElections/status/884950341610897408

Two red districts in Oklahoma, one created in the 90s, one in 2010, never held by a Dem just got flipped.

Excellent, hopefully a sign of things to come in 2018.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Donnie is claiming he had not idea Diaper Don, Kushner, and Manafort met with the Russian How long do you suppose it'll take for a leak to show that he did in fact know? What level of concern will McCain show?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Casimir Radon posted:

Donnie is claiming he had not idea Diaper Don, Kushner, and Manafort met with the Russian How long do you suppose it'll take for a leak to show that he did in fact know? What level of concern will McCain show?

This level *hold hand at shoulder height*

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Casimir Radon posted:

I think I just heard a thousand prosecutors simultaneously pop woodies. "What did he know and when did he know it" territory is a preeeeeety dangerous place to be tap dancing around in.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Vice News did a nice piece on the Mueller investigative team. Bottom line is that they are the the Dream Team and on Trump's side he has no one who compares at all to even one member of the Mueller squad.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

cowboy elvis posted:

Vice News did a nice piece on the Mueller investigative team. Bottom line is that they are the the Dream Team and on Trump's side he has no one who compares at all to even one member of the Mueller squad.

Right or left, its a once in a generation chance to get carte blanche to potentially go after a sitting President. You'd basically be an idiot to not take it if Mueller called.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Also Comey and Mueller didn't know about Don Jr's meetings or emails.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Is there any particular reason to play dumb? Like staying that they were aware would allude to their capabilities.

It's best to leave what the team can reach be a mystery.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-baghdadi-idUSKBN19W1AW

So the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights is saying they've been told al-Baghdadi is dead, and they've got a pretty good track record for stuff.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
That's pretty dope but he's been reported dead like 4 times....once maybe 2 months ago

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

bird food bathtub posted:

I think I just heard a thousand prosecutors simultaneously pop woodies. "What did he know and when did he know it" territory is a preeeeeety dangerous place to be tap dancing around in.

Mind expanding on this? I don't really know why

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Waroduce posted:

That's pretty dope but he's been reported dead like 4 times....once maybe 2 months ago

It seems like they're confirming the Russian claim from last month.

Normally this wouldn't mean much, you're right, but the Observatory has a solid track record.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/884970722329866241

that headline

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

shyduck posted:

that headline

The best part of it is that the New York Post is one of Donnie's requested daily reads. Who knows if he actually reads it, but he ALWAYS, ALWAYS has the New York Post delivered to him every day.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

The best part of it is that the New York Post is one of Donnie's requested daily reads. Who knows if he actually reads it, but he ALWAYS, ALWAYS has the New York Post delivered to him every day.

Looks like Diaper Don is getting slapped by his pa again!

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9FauQOXN90

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

cowboy elvis posted:

Link? I'm bad at google today

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Trump, tweet the piss tape

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Trump Jr. - YOU WANT THE TRUTH???? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Link? I'm bad at google today

Good enough example here: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/6/15/15783384/trump-mueller-team-russia-investigation-dreeben-weissman-quarles-rhee-zebley

By the way, the Donnie Junior poo poo infected the White House too. They were responsible for his first bullshit statement: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/11/...WT.nav=top-news

quote:

As Air Force One jetted back from Europe on Saturday, a small cadre of Mr. Trump’s advisers huddled in a cabin helping to craft a statement for the president’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., to give to The New York Times explaining why he met last summer with a lawyer connected to the Russian government. Participants on the plane and back in the United States debated how transparent to be in the statement, according to people familiar with the discussions.

Ultimately, the people said, the president signed off on a statement from Donald Trump Jr. for The Times that was so incomplete that it required day after day of follow-up statements, each more revealing than the last. It culminated on Tuesday with a release of emails making clear that Mr. Trump’s son believed the Russian lawyer was seeking to meet with him to provide incriminating information about Hillary Clinton as “part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

Meanwhile, three of the sources tell the truth and three of the sources tell only lies.

quote:

Inside Mr. Trump’s team, the response to the developments has become a subject of intense dispute. Three people familiar with his son’s account said he pushed to offer a full explanation on Saturday when first contacted by The Times about the meeting, and said he agitated to be allowed to defend himself publicly. But three other people involved in the discussions offered a completely contrary version of events, insisting that the younger Mr. Trump adamantly resisted an expansive disclosure.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
sorry for a tweet but I dont care if this was the most ~liberal president~ or anything this poo poo just makes me mad and freaks me the gently caress out

https://twitter.com/JohnnieM/status/884942560439009281

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The Christmas before my mom deployed to Bagram my aunt was like "Can we pray for you?". So she's like "Sure, I guess", thinking they mean later. Suddenly they're all laying hands in her and I got creeped out and ducked outside.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

cowboy elvis posted:

on Trump's side he has no one who compares at all to even one member of the Mueller squad.

That's ok. Kushner is such a pain in the rear end, Trump may have to get a new legal team.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Either they knew and are just bullshitting to try and obscure where and what the investigation is working on to prevent Trump from knowing. Or they are working on a completely different path and just haven't got around to this yet.

They are rear end deep into all the shady Russian real estate deals and banking fuckery. That may be so much poo poo that it's consuming all of their resources.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Genocide Tendency posted:

That's ok. Kushner is such a pain in the rear end, Trump may have to get a new legal team.

Either they knew and are just bullshitting to try and obscure where and what the investigation is working on to prevent Trump from knowing. Or they are working on a completely different path and just haven't got around to this yet.

They are rear end deep into all the shady Russian real estate deals and banking fuckery. That may be so much poo poo that it's consuming all of their resources.

quote:

“This is the EXACT reason they viciously attack our family!” Eric Trump, the president’s second-oldest son, posted on Twitter. “They can’t stand that we are extremely close and will ALWAYS support each other.”

:catstare::catstare::catstare:

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

*Donald Jr. begins clasping a harness around his chest. Eric turns to him*

"No. They expect one of us in the wreckage, brother."

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Casimir Radon posted:

The Christmas before my mom deployed to Bagram my aunt was like "Can we pray for you?". So she's like "Sure, I guess", thinking they mean later. Suddenly they're all laying hands in her and I got creeped out and ducked outside.

This situation is odd to me.

Not as odd as everyone just accepting the Cheeto Bandito's ridiculous hair, though. Jesus.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I don't like posting Trump Tweets™ but:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/885081181980590084

Lol I hope his entire dynasty and legacy is ruined and some end up in jail

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

sorry for a tweet but I dont care if this was the most ~liberal president~ or anything this poo poo just makes me mad and freaks me the gently caress out

If it's any consolation, it probably freaked Trump out, too.
Interestingly, I'd imagine his narcissism provided the framework to process it pretty quickly.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How did the Trump Jr interview on Hannity go? How did they spin it?

It makes me physically uncomfortable to watch Trump Jr or Hannity so I skipped it and read a bit of 1984.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

TBeats posted:

How did the Trump Jr interview on Hannity go? How did they spin it?

It makes me physically uncomfortable to watch Trump Jr or Hannity so I skipped it and read a bit of 1984.

I didn't watch Hannity but the general spin take from DJTJR's camp is so far:

-It's politics and if you hear you could get good info and no one said they got it illegally etc, why not at least sit down to talk about it?
-Russian hacking and meddling wasn't public knowledge at the time of the meeting, so this isn't collusion with any criminal act
-No info ended up being passed anyway
-In hindsight I might have done things differently, but nothing criminal occurred

Russian lawyer angle: I don't know what anyone's talking about I'm just a lobbyist I've never even heard of this kremlin or gremlin or whatever

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

mlmp08 posted:

-In hindsight I might have done things differently, but nothing criminal occurred

I think I saw this part in a clip that was advertising the interview sometime yesterday. Maybe I'm misremembering, but didn't Hillary say pretty much this exact same thing about her emails or Benghazi? Is time really that much of a flat circle?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

quote:

China has dispatched troops to Djibouti in advance of formally establishing the country's first overseas military base.

Two Chinese Navy warships left the port of Zhanjiang on Tuesday, taking an undisclosed number of military personnel on the journey across the Indian Ocean.
An editorial Wednesday in the state-run Global Times stressed the importance of the new Djibouti facility -- in the strategically located Horn of Africa -- to the Chinese military.
"Certainly this is the People's Liberation Army's first overseas base and we will base troops there. It's not a commercial resupply point... This base can support Chinese Navy to go farther, so it means a lot," said the paper.
The Global Times said the main role of the base would be to support Chinese warships operating in the region in anti-piracy and humanitarian operations.
"It's not about seeking to control the world," said the editorial.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/12/asia/china-djibouti-military-base/index.html

Something something force projection?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

The amount of expensive jewelry in that photo tells you all you need to know about how close to Jesus evangelicals are.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
i dont get men who wear rings.

i have two state rings and a national championship ring and i dont wear them like....anywhere. i think the last time i wore one was to some fashion event cause my gf told me too but they havent even seen the light of day in like years apart from that. their super big and gawdy as gently caress though

like why do dudes wear rings...? especially white guys

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I bought my high school class ring for like $100 and an ex girlfriend of mine still has it. I haven't bought a ring for myself since.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think the closest a ring has ever been to my finger is when it was a nuvaring.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

They are codpieces for the dickless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

I bought my high school class ring for like $100 and an ex girlfriend of mine still has it. I haven't bought a ring for myself since.

State Ring was 800$ covered by the school

i dont have a class ring

• Locked thread