Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also holy moly no way would it take Flash, Shooty Batman and Cyborg attacking together to take down Aquaman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Samuringa posted:

edit: I watched Flashpoint Paradox and War on the same day and felt like War was a palate cleanser, that's how dire Flashpoint is

I feel the complete opposite.

Calaveron posted:

I'm actually kinda enjoying it, at least for grumpier Batman
But man it sure has a whole lot of blood

A lot of the recent DC animated features aren't really for kids. Shows like Young Justice or Justice League Action are though.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Everyone arguing about the point and substance of Looney Toons/Merry Melodies needs to watch this, first.

In fact, just watch all of his videos.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
It's also funny how more pointlessly brutal the movie is. Like, and I was just reminded of this because Thawne references it in a recent Flash issue, the ending is changed from Batman saving Barry by stabbing Reverse Flash in the back with a sword, to shooting him through the back of the skull and you can see Batman with the smoking gun through Thawne's brains.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation
Watching Gods and Monsters and Flashpoint Paradox in the same night made me realize that every alternate universe/timeline story in DC comics is really similar.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Catfishenfuego posted:

Watching Gods and Monsters and Flashpoint Paradox in the same night made me realize that every alternate universe/timeline story in DC comics is really similar.

Yup, it's always Superman, Batman and/or Wonder Woman are assholes and so the world is a horrible shithole dystopia.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

To be fair, Red Son was more of a horrible utopia.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The sad thing for me was when the heroes in the regular timeline started acting like jerks, so the distinction between alternate and regular became pretty razor thin.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Gaz-L posted:

Yup, it's always Superman, Batman and/or Wonder Woman are assholes and so the world is a horrible shithole dystopia.

I wouldn't characterize Gods and Monsters that harshly.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lurdiak posted:

To be fair, Red Son was more of a horrible utopia.

Only until those lesser beings realized that divine rule was the true path

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Gaz-L posted:

Hernan is at worst a well-intentioned extremist, Kirk is a tragic monster while Bekka is closer to Big Barda's characterization than an outright jerk. And is a stretch to call their setting a dystopia.

Anyways, the next animated film has been revealed. Is an adaptation of Gotham By Gaslight.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That makes me irrationally angry, they are going to gently caress up the art style so hard.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

Gaz-L posted:

Don't forget killing off as many interesting minor heroes as possible because there's no consequences to it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Catfishenfuego posted:

Don't forget killing off as many interesting minor heroes as possible because there's no consequences to it.

At least it's different from the Marvel alternate world theory of always killing Spider-Man.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

Skwirl posted:

At least it's different from the Marvel alternate world theory of always killing Spider-Man.

New series idea: Peter-Parker travels the multiverse and learns that 'Parker luck' is actually the best of all possible worlds for him.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Catfishenfuego posted:

New series idea: Peter-Parker travels the multiverse and learns that 'Parker luck' is actually the best of all possible worlds for him.

Gavok is the expert on this poo poo, but at least half of the What If comics involve Spider-Man dieing, and the ones where he doesn't die he becomes a cold blooded assassin.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

He became dimestore miracleman in one of them!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

http://spiderman.marvelkids.com/characters

Character details for Marvel's Spider-man.

Uuuuuuuuugh.

They're using "Kid Arachnid" for Miles again.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Are they seriously gonna keep that poo poo from the other cartoon where Amadeus Cho is wearing the Iron Spider suit for no apparent reason?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I'm pretty sure that's not for the new series, that's for their un-subtitled action figure line. I bought my little cousin "Kid Arachnid" months ago, and the line is just "Spider-Man", not "Ultimate" or whatever.

Basically, these are old, and are meant to be generic as gently caress to sell with whatever series.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Are they seriously gonna keep that poo poo from the other cartoon where Amadeus Cho is wearing the Iron Spider suit for no apparent reason?

Wait, what? Holy poo poo. That's dumb as hell.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Wait, what? Holy poo poo. That's dumb as hell.

See above. These aren't linked to the new show.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

... That's an entirely different design for Scorpion than the one we saw in the earlier clip also, come to think of it.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

These figures have been in stores for months now. False alarm, people.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I do dig Kraven's goofy laser-tipped spear, though.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

new Japanese promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teOD8FWOE5s

Shows off a spider slayer, the Vulture, Black Cat, and who I assume is the Jackal.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
It's.. it looks really ugly. Are they using some blend of 2d and cgi animation?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Pretty much every animated show does that for vehicles and robots these days.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, those designs aren't for the show.

...yet Gwen, Anya and Miles are in the show also
http://www.cbr.com/spider-man-anima...BR-TW&view=list

Patton Oswalt is Uncle Ben and John DiMaggio is, as TFR guessed, The Jackal. Looks slightly wacky in its highschool setting: Horizon Labs is now a highschool for geniuses and Osborn has his own (probably evil) competing highschool.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Cast list from D23:

Peter Parker - Robbie Daymond
Miles Morales - Nadij Jeter
Anya Corazon - Melanie Minichino
Harry Osborn - Max Mittleman
Max Modell - Fred Tatasciore
Gwen Stacy - Laura Bailey
Aunt May - Nancy Linari
Uncle Ben - Patton Oswalt
Doctor Octopus - Scott Menville
The Jackal - John Dimaggio
Vulture - Alistaire Duncan
Joe Quesada - Himself

here's a new trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyWbIG8Qj6c

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Huh surprised Troy and Tavis aren't in this if Laura is VAing

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

achillesforever6 posted:

Huh surprised Troy and Tavis aren't in this if Laura is VAing

still plenty of characters they haven't shown off yet

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

So let me get this straight, there are going to be multiple spider-people running around, AND they're leading with the Jackal, so there's even going to be even multiple Peter Parkers running around. What next? Are they going to barrel right into Venom and Carnage just to make things the most confusing they can be?

The style looks neat, but it feels like the background is really empty, which might be because they're using a bunch of weird angles.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Jackal has done other things besides clones.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'll be honest, i'm super down for Ultimate Spider-man Season 4 Redux. Gimme a team of teenagers with spider-attitude but slightly more grounded.

Hell, with Jackal in the mix, we got a pretty good change at Kaine yet again.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That was Ben in Kaine's costume.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

That was Ben in Kaine's costume.

That was Kaine in Ben's name.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

But Kaine actually showed up later.

He had Spidercide's powers.

I hate Ultimate Spider-man.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

But Kaine actually showed up later.

He had Spidercide's powers.

I hate Ultimate Spider-man.

There was deffo a clone shuffle, but Scarlet Spider had Kaine's design, stingers, natural web-fluid, "horrible scars" issue (just one tiny pink scar), attitude and characterization. He was Kaine in all but name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm not disagreeing with you.

I'm saying it was convoluted and the show was bad.