Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Speaking of fanfic, my dumb tabletop game is coming along nicely, to the point where I'd like to do another playtest. Anyone interested in playing out their muscleman fantasies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Super anime is good because it dares to give Goku flaws and development, and even had some really hype moments like when Trunks cuts Zamasu in loving half.

If it ended with that, I think everyone would say it's the best Dragon ball arc since King Piccolo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fuego Fish posted:

Speaking of fanfic, my dumb tabletop game is coming along nicely, to the point where I'd like to do another playtest. Anyone interested in playing out their muscleman fantasies?

When and how.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Mordaedil posted:

Super anime is good because it dares to give Goku flaws and development, and even had some really hype moments like when Trunks cuts Zamasu in loving half.

If it ended with that, I think everyone would say it's the best Dragon ball arc since King Piccolo.

Right? I still can't wrap my head around the fact they decided to have a rock fall on everyone and kill them after that.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Barudak posted:

When and how.

Probably on Discord – specifically the one for SA's Traditional Games forum, since I'm the admin there – at a time and date to be determined based on everyone's timezones and poo poo. Maybe Sunday night? I'm GMT but I'm willing to trash my sleep schedule a bit to make it happen.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Fuego Fish posted:

I was in your last playtest, does that invalidate me?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Covok posted:

I was in your last playtest, does that invalidate me?

Nope! The system's undergone a huge overhaul with big changes to literally all the aspects of the game, so everything you learned before is meaningless now! :v:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Lemme in that playtest (if its done on Friday or Saturday evening CST)

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Fuego Fish posted:

Nope! The system's undergone a huge overhaul with big changes to literally all the aspects of the game, so everything you learned before is meaningless now! :v:

I'm in. I'm currently experiencing the wonders of America's job market (kill me) so I got a lot of free time.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I've had ~exclusive~ friend access to the design doc for a while and have been running it for my regular group. It is very fun and we are having a good time.
I'm running a game where the world is a wasteland because of a wish gone wrong. Goku didn't encounter King Piccolo until after he'd wished for youth and killed Shenron, so King Piccolo managed to wipe everyone but Tien and Bulma. Bulma revives the Dragon Balls with some early Time Machine prototypes, creating the Dragon of Time (who grants wishes by rewriting history so that the wish was always true). They wish that King Piccolo had never been born, inadvertently meaning that Kami was never born and never became Guardian of Earth. Instead of splitting into two people, the nameless Namekian (named Cancha here) founds a Namekian colony on Earth. Mutaito becomes guardian instead, and fails to prevent a volcanic catastrophe that also kills him, along with Master Shen. The player characters eventually meet the aged Tien, who tasks them with finding the elder Namek and convincing him to let them use the Dragon Balls, or make them if he hadn't already, so they can undo the wish that was made with the Dragon of Time and join the fight against King Piccolo.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Lemme in that playtest (if its done on Friday or Saturday evening CST)

Covok posted:

I'm in. I'm currently experiencing the wonders of America's job market (kill me) so I got a lot of free time.

I can't guarantee a time and date that'll work for everyone, but here's the discord server link, and it's the #parallels text channel for posting about the playtest. I will be around to field questions and so forth, except when I'm asleep.

Just as a refresher, the rules document is located here and I've been working on the section that tells you how to run it, including a bunch of neat premade adventures and stuff like that. If there's anything that's just question marks, skip over it, because that's placeholder text I use to make sure the formatting is correct.

Thank you everyone for being reasonably hype about my dumb game :shobon:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Blaze Dragon posted:

This is Dragon Ball Super, where Goku has consistently failed to measure up to his opponents (lost against Beerus, was weaker than Freeza and won by time-cheating, gave up against Hit, lost to Zamasu).

Goku was weaker than Golden Freeza but outlasted him and had won the fight until Freeza called in outside help to shoot Goku in the back, so I'm willing to give Goku the W despite calling in his own outside help.

I don't know if it's actually possible for Goku to fight Beerus at this point because the universe was blowing up the last time they were going at it and that was when Goku was several orders of magnitude less powerful. It's probably like how GoDs aren't allowed to fight GoDs for that reason by this point, except one of the GoDs stands for Goku of Destruction.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Kanos posted:

Goku was weaker than Golden Freeza but outlasted him and had won the fight until Freeza called in outside help to shoot Goku in the back, so I'm willing to give Goku the W despite calling in his own outside help.

I don't know if it's actually possible for Goku to fight Beerus at this point because the universe was blowing up the last time they were going at it and that was when Goku was several orders of magnitude less powerful. It's probably like how GoDs aren't allowed to fight GoDs for that reason by this point, except one of the GoDs stands for Goku of Destruction.

Goku had his guard down, and would never accept outside help as a true win. If he wouldn't with Beerus, he won't with Frieza.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea that was treated as goku loving up. he didn't win that fight and the only reason it didn't cause the death of the whole planet is an angel rewinding time so goku could have a do over

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kanos posted:

This is a good point, actually. Goku literally CAN'T beat Beerus. If he does, he'll destroy the Universe. It's why Beerus and Champa aren't allowed to fight. If Goku IS strong enough to fight Beerus (doubt it), then he can't do so without risking all of the universe.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
That's what the World of the Void is for, duh.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I feel like Goku upending the Tournament of Power and rebelling against the gods is somewhat inevitable if only because when has casually, repeatedly committing mass murder in front of Goku ever gone over well?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Rhjamiz posted:

I feel like Goku upending the Tournament of Power and rebelling against the gods is somewhat inevitable if only because when has casually, repeatedly committing mass murder in front of Goku ever gone over well?

It is kind of out-of-character how okay he's been with this tournament so far considering all the people who will die.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Covok posted:

It is kind of out-of-character how okay he's been with this tournament so far considering all the people who will die.

i feel like Goku was kind of hoping Zeno would just be joking or something until it actually happened in this most recent episode. he did not look okay with it

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

i feel like Goku was kind of hoping Zeno would just be joking or something until it actually happened in this most recent episode. he did not look okay with it

I would actually be kind of cool with the next episode opening with him freaking out that this was real in the middle of everything and everyone from every universe just giving him the stinkeye.

"Wait, you were serious Zeno-sama!? I thought you were joking just to get us to fight harder!?"

*Everyone tries to metaphorically blow Goku's head off with their stare*

"uh, I really didn't know, guys."

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Covok posted:

I would actually be kind of cool with the next episode opening with him freaking out that this was real in the middle of everything and everyone from every universe just giving him the stinkeye.

"Wait, you were serious Zeno-sama!? I thought you were joking just to get us to fight harder!?"

*Everyone tries to metaphorically blow Goku's head off with their stare*

"uh, I really didn't know, guys."

In a similar vein, it would be an interesting character moment if Goku's rebellion isn't teaming up to fight angels/GoDs/Zeno, but instead just being like, "I refuse to fight for your amusement." Goku outright refusing a fight would be a pretty serious statement from him. I mean, he'd need to convince everyone else to go on strike with him but still.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
It really baffles me how powerleveltards use power levels as their argument as to why it didn't make sense that base form Goku was struggling against the Trio when:

a) power levels are bad and dumb and Toriyama said he wished power levels burned in Hell, so Super has no power levels

b) Power levels in previous arcs actually reinforce that Goku in base form is astronomically weak compared to every enemy he had to face but his power comes from being able to increase his Ki in one second (like, come on, there is a whole overused meme on this subject) either by going SSJ or shouting really hard. Just in Buu arc, base form Goku was 200 times weaker than MR. BUU, the weakest of Buus.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I wonder how many fighters in the tournament are strong enough to keep up with a GoD fighting at about 50%. Goku, Vegeta, Toppo & Jiren are obvious ones, Hit could probably hang with them but I wonder who else could.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Testekill posted:

I wonder how many fighters in the tournament are strong enough to keep up with a GoD fighting at about 50%. Goku, Vegeta, Toppo & Jiren are obvious ones, Hit could probably hang with them but I wonder who else could.

Frieza, undoubtedly.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Rhjamiz posted:

In a similar vein, it would be an interesting character moment if Goku's rebellion isn't teaming up to fight angels/GoDs/Zeno, but instead just being like, "I refuse to fight for your amusement." Goku outright refusing a fight would be a pretty serious statement from him. I mean, he'd need to convince everyone else to go on strike with him but still.

We are making better endings for this arc then what will actually happen. We'll have to wait for someone to do a Pluto style remastering of this story arc to get that character depth from it. By Pluto, I mean the Astroboy re-imaging.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Testekill posted:

This is a bit random, but I'm hoping Ribrianne could, though she likely couldn't.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fuego Fish posted:

I can't guarantee a time and date that'll work for everyone, but here's the discord server link, and it's the #parallels text channel for posting about the playtest. I will be around to field questions and so forth, except when I'm asleep.

Just as a refresher, the rules document is located here and I've been working on the section that tells you how to run it, including a bunch of neat premade adventures and stuff like that. If there's anything that's just question marks, skip over it, because that's placeholder text I use to make sure the formatting is correct.

Thank you everyone for being reasonably hype about my dumb game :shobon:

I've never played a tabletop game and I'd like to get in on this one day. This weekend isn't great for me tho because I'm on call

Your rules were fun to read though

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Also this arc has me feeling like a kid again

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Stallion Cabana posted:

That's what the World of the Void is for, duh.

I actually wonder if the GoDs can't use the World of the Void for sparring with each other or whatever. It would probably do wonders for Champa and Beerus's relationship and having some equally powerful opponents would have nipped the whole Super Saiyan God thing in the bug.

Maybe Beerus is such an rear end that none of the other GoDs wants to give him the time of day.

Covok
May 27, 2013

You know what I just realized? The mortal level thing is either based on or considers how many evil people you got running around. I don't think it's a power level so much as its how gently caress up your universe is. Think about it, Universe 9 is shown to be in chaos and disarray with criminals running around destroying stuff and is the lowest rated. Universe 6 is higher than Universe 7. Why? Probably because the Sayians act as an intergalactic peace keeping force. Universe 11 is decently high up there and has a superhero team keeping the peace across the galaxy. Having people like Freeza, Cell, and Kid Buu is probably why Universe 7 has such a low mortal rating: because they're all so dangerous and evil.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you'd think u7 would be ranked pretty highly if it were just "how many evil people are running around" since goku killed all the bad guys after the bad guys wiped out 90% of the universe. who's even left to be a dick at this point? the remnants of freeza's empire just recently died on earth and there are less that 30 inhabited planets in the entire universe

if you think about it, u7 is a post apocalyptic setting a thousand times over. even earth blew up a couple times

Covok
May 27, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

you'd think u7 would be ranked pretty highly if it were just "how many evil people are running around" since goku killed all the bad guys after the bad guys wiped out 90% of the universe. who's even left to be a dick at this point? the remnants of freeza's empire just recently died on earth and there are less that 30 inhabited planets in the entire universe

if you think about it, u7 is a post apocalyptic setting a thousand times over. even earth blew up a couple times

I think they factor in the numerous species that were wiped out. That fact the entire universe only has 28 planets with life on them due to Freeza's army probably looks really bad on the record books.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if that were true, zeno or the high priest would probably have noticed when zamasu genocide'd the entire multiverse in the future trunks timeline

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Covok posted:

I don't think it's a power level

It isn't but it's probably correlated to a certain degree. Like mortal level is probably a way to measure quality of life in that universe, with the highest ones of the 8 universes we know so far having robots and space stations and people wearing space utopia clothing and and open immigration of different space races (something that early DB used to have but hasn't been brought up throughout all of Z). Thus the universes with the highest quality of life can produce stronger warriors than the universes where everyone is struggling to stay alive and escape space hitler or space satan due to longer life expectancy, improved diet and training, etc.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Covok posted:

I think they factor in the numerous species that were wiped out. That fact the entire universe only has 28 planets with life on them due to Freeza's army probably looks really bad on the record books.

It would be utterly hilarious if every other universe was like Mass Effect with countless worlds teeming with life. Meanwhile the number of inhabited planets in U7 rounds down to zero.

Covok
May 27, 2013

TrilliontonNixon posted:

It would be utterly hilarious if every other universe was like Mass Effect with countless worlds teeming with life. Meanwhile the number of inhabited planets in U7 rounds down to zero.

I mean, that's certainly how Universe 11 seemed.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Manatee Cannon posted:

if that were true, zeno or the high priest would probably have noticed when zamasu genocide'd the entire multiverse in the future trunks timeline

Man, as much as I loved the Zamasu arc it really hosed up everything before it and to come:

a) it implies Zen'o/Daishinkan are not omniscient until they are omniscient
b) it implies Black Goku and Zamasu killed Hit (an assassin) and Jiren and the Pride Troopers, with Jiren being set up as a new challenge Goku has to overcome while previously he handed Zamasu and Black Goku their assess till the latter started getting zenkai boosts.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Unless of course PLOT TWIST the Pride Troopers, the warriors of Justice shared Zamasu's view on justice and are actually :moreevil:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

Man, as much as I loved the Zamasu arc it really hosed up everything before it and to come:

b) it implies Black Goku and Zamasu killed Hit (an assassin) and Jiren and the Pride Troopers, with Jiren being set up as a new challenge Goku has to overcome while previously he handed Zamasu and Black Goku their assess till the latter started getting zenkai boosts.

Also that none of the Angels rewound time to prevent their GoDs from dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

Guys, it's an alternate timeline and future Zeno-sama said he's never seen a tournament before. It clearly never happened in the dark future, ironically.

• Locked thread