Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Somebody explain to me how I'm supposed to pick this can up

High-top sneakers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

There are quite a few locations across the map that require directly parachuting to reach loot. There is a military style building seen on the south island and copy pasted around 2-3 other places that has a whole roof of loot that is only accessible via parachute.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
This game needs giant novelty cannons than you can hop into and it shoots you up into the air and you can parachute back down somewhere. And you need to be able to shoot from the parachute too.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Care packages should have a chance to contain a Far Cry style wingsuit, so you can swoop around and look badass before being shot by 15 concealed snipers

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Hockles posted:

High-top sneakers

What do you think I was wearing at the time, man? :ssh:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

What do you think I was wearing at the time, man? :ssh:

Then pump 'em up!

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I do really enjoy some of the streamers that play this game. Doc and Viss won 8 duos today. Man, do I love Doc's gimmick. I am the chumbalone.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

First spin out in my "Most Dangerous Game: Where's Waldo" suit and I got a chicken dinner with my coworkers.
Suppressed, 4x, extended mag SKS is practically cheating.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Anyone know what's going on with the glitchy white tiles in my plane drops shown here? I've had the same thing with both a 1070 and a 1080.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUrKsbm718g

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

Sultan Tarquin posted:

By being yourself man.
:unsmith:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

I haven't tried that specific spot but a lot of places you can jump and loot while in the air. Ruins has some spots that this works and some that it doesn't. Also use jumping vehicles to get to hard to reach places. I landed with a bike at the top of a giant tree in the southeast, didn't stay up there for too long but no one would ever have known :getin:

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

willroc7 posted:

Anyone know what's going on with the glitchy white tiles in my plane drops shown here? I've had the same thing with both a 1070 and a 1080.

Same thing happens to me, might just be a game bug?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

emanresu tnuocca posted:

A humvee with a mounted turret might be pretty fun in squad games.

gently caress that make it so there's a random chance that an air drop will drop a Toyota technical instead of a crate

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
Everyone who says tommyguns are bad hasn't seen the magical unicorn scenario of two UAZs tearing rear end around the map with tommyguns roaring out of each :allears:

I think maybe a crate needs an extremely rare "live grenade" booby trap, because everyone loves RNG :v:

Fashionspeak: I avoid the padded jackets as much as possible. Unique clothing would be nice, maybe something related to stats achievements that can't be traded away, like a "get 100 #1 games, unlock the chicken costume". Nothing gets players to nope out of a fight like a car full of chickens in that instance, or maybe you want the challenge/accolade of being a chicken chaser.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
I wish there was a lock cosmetics button. I like the way my war Barbie looks and sometimes when poo poo is hot around you, you don't feel like going into tab to pick stuff up to maintain control and awareness. I don't want to pick up a shirt that ruins my aesthetic when Im trying to grab a UMP.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

My squad rushed another squad without doing proper scouting and got wiped. I wiped the other squad in return.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/158481945

Rex-Goliath posted:

gently caress that make it so there's a random chance that an air drop will drop a Toyota technical instead of a crate

They had big Zamak trucks in Arma 3 BR that would sometimes drop instead of crates. They'd usually have a high powered gun in it. It was very hard to pop their tires, shoot through the front because they were so high, and the back was completely covered. Really fun for getting roadkills with in the last few circles.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

So, just now, my squad in two separate cars, probably 300ish meters apart, sniped simultaneously by a redzone. What are the odds?

I think each of the cars thought the other car got flipped or something at the same time, but nope... all four death messages: died to redzone

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Why is there no perceivable difference in lag when I play on AS servers?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A bunch of stuff happens client side. The lag still exists, you just don't see it. Peeker's advantage for example is huge against you if you have super high latency.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

No Safe Word posted:

So, just now, my squad in two separate cars, probably 300ish meters apart, sniped simultaneously by a redzone. What are the odds?

I think each of the cars thought the other car got flipped or something at the same time, but nope... all four death messages: died to redzone

I never played smash but I guess its the equivalent of slipping? Really wild luck I have one death in over 150 hours of playtime. Red zone to me just means "run like no one can hear you" reposition time

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
This game is a lot of fun! My favorite kills are when you find a pile of player crates on top of each other from people successively finding and killing a prone dude in the middle of looting the prior dudes body, and adding to that pile myself is always an honor. Spawning in your underwear and constructing an outfit on the fly is also the low key funniest part of the game.

Question: what's the deal with shooting out tires? They seem to take 3 bullets each when I try it but I stopped for a second once and someone shot out two of mine while I was looting a house (at least I capped him when he got curious and came looking for me)

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

man, three solo games in a row where i find AR suppressors for once but my price was finding zero scopes, even on other players, and then getting sniped in the top 10 by someone who i easily could've killed with a scope.

i seriously love this game but sometimes the RNG really shits on me :sigh:

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
I love that there's always some battlefield style moment of hilarity when someone screws up with a vehicle or whatever

Like this dude that launched his buggy, cartwheeled and exploded which caused my squad to stop in our tracks and saved us from being ambushed.
https://gfycat.com/PerkyVariableGentoopenguin

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

ShadowMar posted:

man, three solo games in a row where i find AR suppressors for once but my price was finding zero scopes, even on other players, and then getting sniped in the top 10 by someone who i easily could've killed with a scope.

i seriously love this game but sometimes the RNG really shits on me :sigh:

The worst is when you find all the supressors, scopes, all attachments, yet never find an AR. Your running around with your pistol like a big loot filled piņata

Also I had something strange happen to me today. I was driving a dacia at full clip through a field, when a motorcycle also going full blast came screaming across perpendicular to my path. Amazingly I smashed right into him (what are the odds?) yet instead of killing him it flipped my dacia while not even slowing him down, he just kept trucking like I was never there

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jul 12, 2017

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I never played smash but I guess its the equivalent of slipping? Really wild luck I have one death in over 150 hours of playtime. Red zone to me just means "run like no one can hear you" reposition time

nah, tripping was a much bigger factor in competitive smash

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

VulgarandStupid posted:

My squad rushed another squad without doing proper scouting and got wiped. I wiped the other squad in return.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/158481945

At first I was wondering how stupid these guys were that they all just jumped around carelessly within your tiny window's line of sight but at the end of the video it became pretty apparent that these guys were very stupid indeed.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

emanresu tnuocca posted:

At first I was wondering how stupid these guys were that they all just jumped around carelessly within your tiny window's line of sight but at the end of the video it became pretty apparent that these guys were very stupid indeed.

Well, they wiped the rest of my squad with terrifying aggression and no casualties... so how stupid was my squad???

Willfrey posted:

The worst is when you find all the supressors, scopes, all attachments, yet never find an AR. Your running around with your pistol like a big loot filled piņata

Also I had something strange happen to me today. I was driving a dacia at full clip through a field, when a motorcycle also going full blast came screaming across perpendicular to my path. Amazingly I smashed right into him (what are the odds?) yet instead of killing him it flipped my dacia while not even slowing him down, he just kept trucking like I was never there

All of those attachments only exist so you can hide them in a bush.

Also, don't ram anything with open wheels or you will probably go flying.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jul 12, 2017

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Few things are more satisfying than when you spot a team holed up in an apartment and you synchronise your frag grenades~

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

No Safe Word posted:

Punches that only hit anything 15+ ft in the air since you can't punch while crouched.

e: but since you're taller maybe you land before everyone else and can headshot punch everyone while chuting down

Alternatively, your giant spindly legs break on landing and you have to spend the rest of the game prone.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Anyone else run into this bug?I reloaded and my clip went to zero when I hit fire. I could have won that fight as I had no damage and he had been hit at least twice, maybe once in the head. Really annoying as it was the third to last circle, give or take a circle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trxAK1bcpCE

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

theperminator posted:

Same thing happens to me, might just be a game bug?

Pretty sure it's just you getting ahead of the frustrum culling. Same thing happens on the edges of the screen if you turn the camera really fast soon after the game starts. Game is optimized for ground combat, not so much for open sky.

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jul 12, 2017

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Man it's loving bullshit that I died from jumping off a speeding motorbike into shallow water. I deserved that crate.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Man it's loving bullshit that I died from jumping off a speeding motorbike into shallow water. I deserved that crate.

surface tention brother

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
there's no way anyone's going to bother putting that in a game right? It only matters for cool motorbike stunts.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

Also, don't ram anything with open wheels or you will probably go flying.

Ain't that the truth. Once initiated an early game jousting match with a buggy (me in a dacia). I thought the dacia would be the superior vehicle but instead it turned in to Robot Wars where the buggy guy was one of the OP flip bots. I even ended up on the hood of the buggy once and he tried driving me into a river. The dacia was hilariously outmatched. Fun as hell though.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
IMO patching the physics glitches would seriously lower the amount of fun to be had when bridge-camping

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

rumble in the bunghole posted:

there's no way anyone's going to bother putting that in a game right? It only matters for cool motorbike stunts.

they dont need to you already died.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Buggies, not even once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1iWgYsFGDY

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

willroc7 posted:

It looks to me like object occlusion having a bit of a fit?

It's a rendering trick that Unreal has used for a while: stuff 'behind' other stuff doesn't get rendered, in this case the airplane is hiding stuff behind it - and for some reason the engine is lagging behind in updating those areas when you turn your camera to see past the aircraft.
Looks like the terrain is being rendered in big chunks (as it always has been) hence the square-ish checkerboard pattern as those areas pop in and out of 'view'.

So yeah, engine bug probably nothing to do with your card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Ain't that the truth. Once initiated an early game jousting match with a buggy (me in a dacia). I thought the dacia would be the superior vehicle but instead it turned in to Robot Wars where the buggy guy was one of the OP flip bots. I even ended up on the hood of the buggy once and he tried driving me into a river. The dacia was hilariously outmatched. Fun as hell though.

That's when I would swap to the other seat and shoot him in the head.

• Locked thread