Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Ha ha what the hell is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mantis42 posted:

i wasnt criticizing firefighters, i was criticizing the dumb cartoonist who thought "firefighters are cool" was a hot enough take to make a cartoon about it

Hence the comment that you are Ted Rall. That's exactly the kind of criticism Rall makes of his fellow cartoonists on a near-constant basis.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Xander77 posted:

Asking for a friend that gets their entire new cycle from this thread - what happened?

Basically this:

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Phuzzy posted:

IT'S MONDAY TUESDAY!

the kelly persona is very good. not great ... but very good

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Please photoshop lil bannon into all future comics.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Stantis might be in the running for Worst of the Worst. There's something pernicious about going "Why are people so angry and mean about politics these days?? :saddowns:" and then attacking the press for covering the President's hilarious corruption and incompetence.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 53 minutes!
The President whom, by the way, he draws as an actual skunk when he's not criticizing the press for childish behavior by... reporting on skunk president's constant lying.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
The conservatives are going to ride this "Same thing both sides(But actually Dems are worse and big poo-poo heads)" shtick right into the earth's core

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Please photoshop lil bannon into all future comics.

Kind of a sloppy cut-out job but there he is

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Gulf of Tonkin? What a timely reference...

quote:

Credit to Turd Roll, that joke got a good chuckle out of me.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Those donkeys could be great material for avs or edits.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Cute of the Russians to blame us for al-Qaeda

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

VitalSigns posted:

The President whom, by the way, he draws as an actual skunk when he's not criticizing the press for childish behavior by... reporting on skunk president's constant lying.

Don't forget the comic where skunk trump beats her up.

What happen to cartoonists reporting the news?!!!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

You can start by removing Prickly City from your funny pages.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

I love this.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

HAT FETISH posted:

Kind of a sloppy cut-out job but there he is

Oh, how cute. It almost want one that say "Sleep tight . reap tight" at random.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Ben Hutchings and George Lavendar on "Less Lethal" weapons.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The burglar looks a lot like John McAfee. John helped make the virus software popular (it was
real, but john scared people). Following a long tradition of selling the solution and creating the problem.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
i'm feeling hungry now

Garrison posted:

Hillary once proclaimed that her email scandal was "a big nothing burger.” If that were the case she wouldn’t have destroyed cell phones with a hammer. She wouldn’t have lied about the amount of classified material in her email. She wouldn’t have used a program called ‘Bleach Bit’ on her illegal server—a serve that had no safeguards and could be readily hacked by anyone. As it turned out, Seth Rich leaked info to WikiLeaks and he was murdered as a result.

Hillary and her ilk expected victory. Once Mrs. Clinton was president, all of her scandals would be easier to cover up. Similar to how James Comey whitewashed the Whitewater scandal. Comey was later rewarded with millions of dollars during a stint with Lockheed Martin. It was his reward. His integrity compromised, he was given a job as the head of the FBI. In that capacity he was able to let Hillary off the hook. He claimed she had no ill intent.

Hillary should be in prison right now, but she’s well-connected and ‘above the law.’ Still, she lost and that means she’s worried. Obama is worried, too. So are a lot of the other corrupt DNC insiders. They don’t want to end up in prison where they belong. They have released the mainstream media fake news hounds to constantly attack President Trump and that’s a tell-tale sign of their fear. Trump can and should investigate their gross misdeeds.

Fear of prison is why Hillary and Podesta drummed up the Russia story. They want to distract attention away from their scandals. If anyone was involved in a scandal involving Russia it was Bill and Hillary. Their Clinton Foundation benefited from Russian donations. In return, the Russians received a good chunk of America’s uranium. This ‘pay for play’ graft is routine with the Clintons. The Clinton Foundation is completely corrupt and it should be investigated. It’s why they’d rather see Trump investigated. The Democrat elite continue to double down on the “The Russians hacked our election” malarky, but more and more Americans are realizing it’s nothing but a big nothing burger. It’s meant to distract from super-sized burger of corruption on Hillary’s plate. She needs to eat it—every bite.

—Ben Garrison

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Isn't this like the third "Man Bun Ken" comic that Drinky Duck has penned? How is he this mad about children's toys?

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Yes, I too remember that time Ukraine, a hostile foreign power, committed illegal acts of espionage against US citizens in order to help Hillary Clinton's campaign.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Oh Garrison, you picked about the worst time for this one.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I love that movie, and this is awesome!

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

Panty Saluter posted:

Isn't this like the third "Man Bun Ken" comic that Drinky Duck has penned? How is he this mad about children's toys?

Tinsley's baseline state of being is a drunken haze in which he seethes with contempt towards everything he perceives as originating from or being of the Left.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Tei posted:

The burglar looks a lot like John McAfee. John helped make the virus software popular (it was
real, but john scared people). Following a long tradition of selling the solution and creating the problem.

I mean it could be McAfee hoping Don had some coke in the house.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Trogdos! posted:

i'm feeling hungry now

Part of me kinda wishes Hillary really had been deathly ill and died after November just so the hacks had no loving idea what to point to when the darkness closes in on their Golden Boy.

But of course they'd probably just be talking about Pelosi's emails or some poo poo.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Part of me kinda wishes Hillary really had been deathly ill and died after November just so the hacks had no loving idea what to point to when the darkness closes in on their Golden Boy.

But of course they'd probably just be talking about Pelosi's emails or some poo poo.

The entire Democratic party could have King Ralph'd and the Trump train would still be propping up bogeymen. Antifa, journalists, the European Union, etc

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Trogdos! posted:

i'm feeling hungry now

The Right's ideology is bland, predictable, and empty while the Left is dynamic, spicy, and delicious. AGC

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

OldTennisCourt posted:

Oh Garrison, you picked about the worst time for this one.
I think this is his response to the Trump Jr. email. Literally "no puppet, no puppet, you're the puppet!"

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Yes, I too remember that time Ukraine, a hostile foreign power, committed illegal acts of espionage against US citizens in order to help Hillary Clinton's campaign.
Where did this talking point originate, anyway? I've seen it pop up all over the right wing in the past 24 hours.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Trogdos! posted:

i'm feeling hungry now

I mean, Poe's Law and all that, but the timing of this and the level of exaggeration associated with his other cartoons still leave me with the feeling that he's Kellying

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Lord Hydronium posted:

Where did this talking point originate, anyway? I've seen it pop up all over the right wing in the past 24 hours.

Here is a good run down. Basically, the Ukrainian embassy was cooperative when someone working for the DNC was looking into Manafort. The right wing is conflating being helpful answering a few questions with full scale state intelligence operation.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Trogdos! posted:

i'm feeling hungry now

would, would twice.

Send the recipe to Five Guys.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Lord Hydronium posted:

I think this is his response to the Trump Jr. email. Literally "no puppet, no puppet, you're the puppet!"

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/07/11/did_the_clinton_campaign_collude_with_ukraine.html

Seems like some Ukrainian ambassadors offered dnc some info on manaforts Russian connections. Which admittedly probably not great, but is still a far step down from the Russian government's full on (and successful!) efforts to influenve the election.

It's another one of those things right wingers do where even if you take what they say at face value and no context, what their guy did is still way worse.

Edit:beat!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Lord Hydronium posted:

It did happen, a DNC staffer apparently got help from the Ukrainian embassy in doing oppo research against Manafort, but unlike the Trump-Russia collusion, there's no evidence that it involved a concerted effort by the DNC or Clinton Campaign to coordinate with Ukraine (it was all done by a DNC staffer working alone) or that anyone representing the Ukrainian government higher ranked than an aide to the Ukrainian ambassador was involved.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ine-did-it-too/

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Gen. Ripper posted:

Stantis might be in the running for Worst of the Worst. There's something pernicious about going "Why are people so angry and mean about politics these days?? :saddowns:" and then attacking the press for covering the President's hilarious corruption and incompetence.

Allie/Stantis were going on about voting Gary Johnson. If there's one thing you can count on from Libertarian Party voters it's "both parties are exactly equal in their corruption and if you say one is worse that means you're a blind partisan, unlike brilliant independent minded libertarians like me"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Stultus Maximus posted:

Allie/Stantis were going on about voting Gary Johnson. If there's one thing you can count on from Libertarian Party voters it's "both parties are exactly equal in their corruption and if you say one is worse that means you're a blind partisan, unlike brilliant independent minded libertarians like me"

Dunno, it usually seems to be "I like to say both parties are equally bad but I mysteriously find myself only criticizing Democrats and getting weirdly defensive every time a Republican is even tepidly questioned"

• Locked thread