Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Alokgen posted:

Finished another clown car today.

Well I might as well burn the harlequins I do have because they'll never look that good.

In other news, I got a halfway decent app for my camera so I've been playing around with the settings to get better pictures.

Here are some plaguebearers that I've been working on. Always a joy to paint these gross buggers and they're a great pallet cleanser after detail heavy Admech.

And close up of one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Who speaks for the Man's cub?

SteelMentor posted:

Looking good dude. Maybe would have converted one with the Blastmaster and the scourge on different hands for a bit of variety, but they look great regardless.

Well, here's the arm swap: think it turned out ok!

Now, if only I could paint worth a drat. :v:

Xarlaxas fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 12, 2017

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

bonds0097 posted:

And don't even get me started on their weird fetish for avocado toast.
If millennials didn't buy avocado toast they could all afford Warlord titans.

Der Waffle Mous posted:

At this point I might just buy the shapeways shoulder pads.
I was thinking about doing that for my Primaris bros but once I started seeing painted examples of them I wasn't so thrilled. They're just still kinda fuzzy and have those telltale 3D printing lines on them. I came this close too.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

SRM posted:

If millennials didn't buy avocado toast they could all afford Warlord titans.

I was thinking about doing that for my Primaris bros but once I started seeing painted examples of them I wasn't so thrilled. They're just still kinda fuzzy and have those telltale 3D printing lines on them. I came this close too.

I think the insignias (not full pads) look good. Zuul's howling griffons use them and they look great.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

bonds0097 posted:

I think the insignias (not full pads) look good. Zuul's howling griffons use them and they look great.

I'd need to see some close up photos of just those; unfortunately the printers haven't been posting any sorta closeups or anything that shows much detail outside of renders.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Xarlaxas posted:

Yeah, actually they do a bit, unintentional, but entirely appropriate! :D

The fluff is all about how awful it is to be stuffed inside a Hellbrute, but I think that the Sonic Hellbrutes might enjoy it a bit more: pumped full of drugs, blaring some house at the enemy, sounds like a good time! :ducksiren:

I'm actually working out how to add a small, but loud mp3 player inside a land raider or rhino for my slaanesh army. I want to load it up with Merzbow, Kid 606, Aphex Twin, and various other songs.

If my opponent wants me to turn it off, they have to kill it.

:getin:

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I'm actually working out how to add a small, but loud mp3 player inside a land raider or rhino for my slaanesh army. I want to load it up with Merzbow, Kid 606, Aphex Twin, and various other songs.

Oh my god, that's an amazing idea: I was thinking of getting of the flashing LEDs that they put in the cheap plastic stuff they give out at parties and such here, and seeing if I could attach them to one of the Hellbrutes, one of my rhinos or something so I could have the rave on the move, but yours is truly brilliant. :D

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:
How the hell do you get triangles that perfect on Harlequins. I love Harlequins and I have no idea now to paint them.

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Agentdark posted:

How the hell do you get triangles that perfect on Harlequins. I love Harlequins and I have no idea now to paint them.

Also this. I have no idea how anyone can paint such beautiful Harlequins.

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005
May I please have more badcast please?

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

Agentdark posted:

Xarlaxas posted:

Also this. I have no idea how anyone can paint such beautiful Harlequins.

Thanks doods. A lot of people use vinyl stencils for their diamonds, but those work much better with an airbrush. I don't own one, so my diamonds and gradients are all free hand.

Honestly, you just have to go for it. Do them a few times and they'll look like mine. And mine are no where near as perfect as a stencil.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Alokgen posted:

Thanks doods. A lot of people use vinyl stencils for their diamonds, but those work much better with an airbrush. I don't own one, so my diamonds and gradients are all free hand.

Honestly, you just have to go for it. Do them a few times and they'll look like mine. And mine are no where near as perfect as a stencil.

Freehand? Jesus Christ,

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Alokgen posted:

Your posting is bad for my self esteem. Keep it to just putting up images now ok?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Wasted a day I could have been painting because I keep seeing double. This is completely stupid.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

i think it'd be easier to fit a little speaker inside it, with the ports open & accessible for you to plug a phone or something into.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I was thinking about just taking this thing apart and mounting it inside, and extending the charge port to the rear of the vehicle:

Edit: I could integrate this little gem with a slightly larger speaker, power it with some batteries and have some real fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMlkMWcOLLU

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 12, 2017

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

bonds0097 posted:

Aw hell I only just saw those now. Seems a lot more cost effective and I won't need to pry off perfectly good shoulders.

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I was thinking about just taking this thing apart and mounting it inside, and extending the charge port to the rear of the vehicle:

Edit: I could integrate this little gem with a slightly larger speaker, power it with some batteries and have some real fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMlkMWcOLLU

If you ever succeed you *must* post the results.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Definitely need this song to be track 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE1wSSZ-iFs

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

A guy at my club made this: http://www.darkeyestudios.co.uk/Jay/Noise_Marine_Landraider.html

Not exactly a how-to but still awesome imo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Corrode posted:

A guy at my club made this: http://www.darkeyestudios.co.uk/Jay/Noise_Marine_Landraider.html

I hope it plays nothing but Whitesnake.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Personally I see Noise Marines being huge into EDM but that admittedly doesn't fit the guitar thing.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Corrode posted:

"DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Corrode posted:

Personally I see Noise Marines being huge into EDM but that admittedly doesn't fit the guitar thing.

Guitar Noise Marines are pretty rare these days though, totally out of print. The modern blastmaster cannons are just weaponized beatboxes and could easily blast metal or EDM both.

I like the idea of metal-head noise marines, like that guitar guy from the latest Mad Max film. But then that style of Slayer metal almost feels more Khorne than Slaanesh.

Slaanesh really makes me think of like, planet-scale rave parties. Blasting the music so loud that you feel the bass across the entire surface of the planet, and they're just moshing their way through cities tearing people apart while dancing and blasting the music and hyped up on all kinds of drugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsGRsDe3iRw

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jul 12, 2017

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

The original designers were a bunch of metal-heads, so heavy metal it is.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Guitar Noise Marines are pretty rare these days though, totally out of print. The modern blastmaster cannons are just weaponized beatboxes and could easily blast metal or EDM both.

I like the idea of metal-head noise marines, like that guitar guy from the latest Mad Max film. But then that style of Slayer metal almost feels more Khorne than Slaanesh.

Slaanesh really makes me think of like, planet-scale rave parties. Blasting the music so loud that you feel the bass across the entire surface of the planet, and they're just moshing their way through cities tearing people apart while dancing and blasting the music and hyped up on all kinds of drugs

I will not tolerate this level of disrespect for loving GWAR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBR3a_YNfYo

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

I have one or two of the Guitar Noise Marines somewhere: someone traded them to me ages back, I think one's on a Goblin Green base and everything. . . .

Noise Marines can probably get hyped on any music, also all the drugs they've got being pumped into their sysems. :v:

My Dark Eldar army had a theme similar to that: they glass planets to make them into giant disco-balls so they can suitably large strobe-lighting for their Space Raves. Back in. . . 6th(?) I think it was, I had them allied with my Noise Marines. :ducksiren:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Metal is trash, Slaanesh is dubstep now.

Deal with it grandpas.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Once you've played Saints Row IV (seriously go play it), you can't imagine the noise marine weapons as anything other than the dubstep gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc4zbaslbJ8

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
So here is a nice exercise, what band and or song do you guys feel best matches each legion? We can open this up to loyalist too, but they are kinda samey to me...

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
My noise marines play Madonna.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

So here is a nice exercise, what band and or song do you guys feel best matches each legion? We can open this up to loyalist too, but they are kinda samey to me...

Thousand Suns

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Master Twig posted:

Thousand Suns

Word Bearers:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

WhiteOutMouse posted:

The Warseer posts are coming from inside the thread!

World Eaters are definitely Raining Blood though. Or that Bolt Thrower song.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Corrode posted:

The Warseer posts are coming from inside the thread!

If Primarchs were Harry Potter characters, who would they be?

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
Which MLP character best represents your favourite chapter? Take our quiz and share it on Facebook!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Master Twig posted:

Thousand Suns

Journey tho

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
That's cool news about transport disembarking being "within" vs "wholly within" ...I think my Orks will benefit from that subtle difference from here on...

On an unrelated note, I pulled the trigger on ordering my Stormboyz ...I played a couple games with 'em proxied up and I like the way they play in 8th edition so far.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

They're good, but they're in no way $5 a model good to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Liquid Communism posted:

They're good, but they're in no way $5 a model good to me.

Ya, they aren't cheap models, that's for sure. That's why I proxied them up for a few games before buying them...