Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

delfin posted:

I read that, and saw its "some are playing with 1.5gb RAM but we're cutting off our recommendations at 2 gb" disclaimer. I'm curious if anyone's had firsthand experience on the Fire.

I just bought a Moto G5+ which should run it with ease, but a bigger screen for dirt cheap would be nice.

My experience running it on a 1gb device - specifically the iPad Mini 2 - is that it crashes after every few quests. I can easily imagine that some later content might crash it consistently, so I can't recommend it.

Playing on the smaller but higher resolution screen of the G5 will probably be a better experience anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

So long Artoria, I hope I never have to fight you ever again.

That QP requirement though :eyepop:

I wish I could make do with just Monuments. My entire team needs Reverse Scales and Demon Hearts and stuff, and they're much more of a pain in the rear end to farm.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Once you start chainrunning Doors, that amount of QP will seem like nothing.

Of course, the suffering really starts when you're sitting on almost 100m QP but have no materials to ascend anyone. :negative:

I have 300m QP, tons of materials, but no more servants worth ascending :confuoot:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That's kind of why I wanted to go all in on ascending Jeanne now (with Super/Great Success rates increased), since by the sounds of it farming the monster materials will be far easier later while I can actually do the monuments and pieces for her right now.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Nate RFB posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/547qlv/budget_android_devices_that_can_run_fgo_how_to/

The cheapest non-refurbished on that list is a Lenovo TAB2 A10 at $160, which is what I got. I've had a few crashes some slight slowdown on some NP animations but it otherwise plays the game fine.

E: Alternatively try some of the tactics in that post about how to speed up performance; I can attest that it helps my regular non-FGO phone.

Also keep an eye on kijiji/craigslist for used smart phones. I got my HTC M8 for 120$ and it's valued on Amazon at like 300-400$ (CDN).

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
this game really wants me to use Kiyohime.

I don't really need 3 of them but thanks I guess.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Tired Moritz posted:

this game really wants me to use Kiyohime.

I don't really need 3 of them but thanks I guess.

You can use the duplicates to power up her Noble Phantasm.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Vengarr posted:

You can use the duplicates to power up her Noble Phantasm.

I don't want to use her, she's weird. :(

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't want to use her, she's weird. :(

Buddy I'm running around with a maidfoxcat, a dude who alternates between gargling Listerine and screaming AAARRRRRSSSSAAAA and Zhuge Liang in the body of a British weeaboo.

Kiyohime is a bastion of normality in comparison.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Kiyohime is completely sane compared to a Berserker like Raikou

Appreciate your stalker wife

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
All Berserkers are crazy in their own way. It's part of the class!

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
Vlad is a berserker because he accepted his legacy as Dracula, and he'd have to be crazy to do that.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Speaking of Vlad, I absolutely adore his combat animations. It's a shame Hercules and Lancelot share the same boring ones.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I keep thinking Vlad's character portrait is holding a guitar.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Why are Archer pieces so hard to come across. FFS.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Sophism posted:

Speaking of Vlad, I absolutely adore his combat animations. It's a shame Hercules and Lancelot share the same boring ones.

They'll look way better when they get around to updating them like the jp version has.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Bad Seafood posted:

I keep thinking Vlad's character portrait is holding a guitar.

He's in a band with Cu Culainn, Diarmuid, Karna and Bazett.

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Roma#YARIO

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Huh, unless my eyes are deceiving me I think I got my last gold assassin monument from a bronze servant (Hassan). Though I'll probably have to wait for that 3,000,000 QP bonus in a few days before I do the final Jeanne ascension.

It's been mentioned frequently that there will be better ascension material quests down the road; do said future quests also result in monuments? Because I honestly don't know if I can do this sort of thing again for say Herc's 10 monument requirement.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Romani is such a good character. I love my internet idol loving mission control.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Nate RFB posted:

Huh, unless my eyes are deceiving me I think I got my last gold assassin monument from a bronze servant (Hassan). Though I'll probably have to wait for that 3,000,000 QP bonus in a few days before I do the final Jeanne ascension.

It's been mentioned frequently that there will be better ascension material quests down the road; do said future quests also result in monuments? Because I honestly don't know if I can do this sort of thing again for say Herc's 10 monument requirement.

You can get 3 million QP easy from the dailies by running the 40 AP quest with some maxed out Riders/Berserkers and a strong Rider support. Since all the doors are Caster class, it's way easier to get through than the EXP hands.

As for ascension materials, I only have one word: Events. Events will have the monuments and ascension materials you need plus drops you get from running event quests when you grind for the currency.

VVVV dude make a spoiler tag at least VVVV

Compendium fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 12, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Tired Moritz posted:

Romani is such a good character. I love my internet idol loving mission control.

Spoiler: we get to meet Magi Mari eventually.

I shall say no more.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Compendium posted:

You can get 3 million QP easy from the dailies by running the 40 AP quest with some maxed out Riders/Berserkers and a strong Rider support. Since all the doors are Caster class, it's way easier to get through than the EXP hands.

As for ascension materials, I only have one word: Events. Events will have the monuments and ascension materials you need plus drops you get from running event quests when you grind for the currency.
That's just fine. It was just...the idea of running this 30AP a few times a week, hoping for that 1/4 chance to get a Kintoki (in the example of Berserker monuments for a hypothetical Herc ascension), hoping for that 1 in what felt like 20 chance to get a gold monument from him, and then repeat that process 9 more times, I think that would've been a straw that broke the camel's back. The only reason I did this in this case was that I happened to notice I was only a short a few for Jeanne and figured I might as well try to get it finished during this 1/2 AP period.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Early game grind is annoying, but if you're willing to get those last bits despite the awful drop rate, you'll be rewarded when it comes to events bc, hey at least that means you'll have a high level Servant to get through them faster and that way you can buy mats easily.

I'm a lazy rear end in a top hat since I put all my effort into JP FGO, so I'm just putting in the bare minimum because I know I'd rather grind during events than a normal day where I have most content cleared.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
If what I've been hearing from this thread is correct, events are basically our eternal saviors that will shower us with goodies and make us think DW are merciful gods and not conniving wretches keeping us dangling for our monies. In that case, I'll just stop grinding for mats now and just focus on exp and QP.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
You'll scream at some events that have bad drop rates on event currency instead.

I mean, the one good reason you'd wanna do all the dailies is to get all the mana prisms at the very least. Oh yeah, and w/ monuments, they won't have all the classes in the shop, just putting that out there, it changes depending on what event it is. But in any case, you'll need whatever they offer at some point anyways.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 12, 2017

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Spending just my usual AP on the dailies isn't that much of a chore once you're initial Servants are at the 40-50 hump and odds are you'll accumulate all the statues you need.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
2 more Zerker dudes and I can finally get to 70 on Vlad.

Vlad/Martha and a 50+ Lancelot make those 20-30 AP hunts seriously cake.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Oh my goodness I just saw Rider Kintoki's NP on YouTube and I think I've fallen in love with this dude. He's such a stupid dude and I love him. I honestly hated his design, both as a zerk and a rider, but it's just so stupidly awesome that I think I'll get him anyway.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I have three notable zerkers at the moment - Herc, Tamocat and Lancelot. I assume that long term Herc is the best but between the other two who is better? I have Tamo and Herc at 40 waiting to be awakened and I left Lancelot behind in the early 20's because he seemed underwhelming but maybe I am missing something.

Also I tried rerolling on my iPad it is quick and easy to get 2 30 gem summons but poo poo, if I actually got a 5 star I would have a tough decision to make because my current game is in Rome, has several 4 star characters and a pretty good amount of time put in. But Gilgamesh is very cool and a favorite of mine from the series - how much better are the 5 star characters than the 4 stars? I remember reading that you can use any star level characters to progress, but is that true long term? I am just wondering since they are giving away the 45 free gems from event right now so rerolling is essentially twice as fast while this is going on. I should have thought of this before investing time into my first roll (which had Tamocat and based on the guide seemed ok) and now that I have some other 4 star characters I am not sure what to do

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

rio posted:

I have three notable zerkers at the moment - Herc, Tamocat and Lancelot. I assume that long term Herc is the best but between the other two who is better? I have Tamo and Herc at 40 waiting to be awakened and I left Lancelot behind in the early 20's because he seemed underwhelming but maybe I am missing something.

Also I tried rerolling on my iPad it is quick and easy to get 2 30 gem summons but poo poo, if I actually got a 5 star I would have a tough decision to make because my current game is in Rome, has several 4 star characters and a pretty good amount of time put in. But Gilgamesh is very cool and a favorite of mine from the series - how much better are the 5 star characters than the 4 stars? I remember reading that you can use any star level characters to progress, but is that true long term? I am just wondering since they are giving away the 45 free gems from event right now so rerolling is essentially twice as fast while this is going on. I should have thought of this before investing time into my first roll (which had Tamocat and based on the guide seemed ok) and now that I have some other 4 star characters I am not sure what to do

If you haven't invested any money at all yet and you're only in Rome, I'd reroll until you get at least one 5*. Especially if you like one of them (like Gil). After this month they will stop giving away free gems to new accounts, so this is pretty much the only time to reroll.

Also, people are giving away 5* accounts on Reddit/4chan still because people are holding out for Waver+Gilgamesh.

Lancelot's gimmick is that he has great synergy with crit-based teams, especially with (amusingly) Gilgamesh. His first skill increases the chances of his cards getting crit stars, so if the rest of the team is generating stars for him he can poo poo out massive damage. His NP is also Quick-based, is AOE and absolutely drenches the team in Crit stars if combined with his second skill. You can get over 50 stars with an NP and two Gil Quicks, which means every one of your cards has 100% chance to crit next turn. It's cuh-razy.

But he's Berserker squishy and doesn't have Herc's Evade or his special Bond CE that gives him Guts, so he isn't 100% reliable.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 12, 2017

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

I noticed that Lancelot and Gilgamesh worked well together, but I'm not certain who to pair them with. My usual crit star generator (Marie) lacks the tools to protect Lancelot.

Is there some incoming servant that synergizes well with that team?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

escape mechanism posted:

I noticed that Lancelot and Gilgamesh worked well together, but I'm not certain who to pair them with. My usual crit star generator (Marie) lacks the tools to protect Lancelot.

Hans would work well with them, since he can give Lancelot defense buffs and heals, a crit damage boost, and generate crit stars himself with his third skill, as well as help the other two do arts chains.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

escape mechanism posted:

When people say you can add Waver to any team and make it better, they're not kidding.
Once he's at 3rd Ascension and has unlocked his attack buff, he can charge one servant's NP by 50% and the other two by 20% which is super relevant, and means Lancelot can NP first turn with an Imaginary Element/limit-broken Dragon Meridian. Granted, you can't really do this if you're using your support slot on a Gil friend if you don't have your own Waver.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Raenir Salazar posted:

Spending just my usual AP on the dailies isn't that much of a chore once you're initial Servants are at the 40-50 hump and odds are you'll accumulate all the statues you need.
All I know is that it took a week and about 500 AP to get just one Saber monument.

Compendium posted:

You'll scream at some events that have bad drop rates on event currency instead.

I mean, the one good reason you'd wanna do all the dailies is to get all the mana prisms at the very least. Oh yeah, and w/ monuments, they won't have all the classes in the shop, just putting that out there, it changes depending on what event it is. But in any case, you'll need whatever they offer at some point anyways.
I know a lot of events also are meant to level/ascend welfare servants; are a lot of these also a case of "Well I could use this event and its time/resources for gathering materials for my main dudes, but if I do so I'll lose the chance to actually max out this cool servant they gave me" ?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Not really

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

All I know is that it took a week and about 500 AP to get just one Saber monument.
I know a lot of events also are meant to level/ascend welfare servants; are a lot of these also a case of "Well I could use this event and its time/resources for gathering materials for my main dudes, but if I do so I'll lose the chance to actually max out this cool servant they gave me" ?

Generally the same materials are used to buy extra copies of the servant to up their NP; the ascension materials are often, but not always, gained through the event's story or other requirements.

A couple of events even have a drawbox-type loot system (those of you who've played Granblue Fantasy will be familiar with this), where you farm event tickets which are used to roll in a finite-loot gacha box. You're guaranteed to get all the mats/QP/prisms once you empty the box, but you might hit all the loot you're looking for halfway through the box, and can reset it and roll in a fresh one.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
anyone has a decent teamcomp if I want to fall asleep and just grind the exp hands?

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

anyone has a decent teamcomp if I want to fall asleep and just grind the exp hands?

My JP setup uses Saber Shiki and Nitocris, both of which have arts-based AoE NPs that have a chance at instant death. If I'm lucky I can clear the 40 AP in 3-4 turns. Unfortunately neither is available in NA right now.

A very simple general setup would be to have Arash with a starting NP CE to clear wave 1, two servants with good AoE NPs (and preferably lots of arts or NP charging abilities), and a support Waver to make sure everyone can get to full charge promptly. Use the 3 AoE NPs to clear the 3 waves, and clean up the remnants normally.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Tired Moritz posted:

Someone with 2-3 buster cards, Heracles & assist Lancelot can shred away if you've already got some levels under your belt. Replace Lancelot with Jeanne if you aren't that confident yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

HiveCommander posted:

Generally the same materials are used to buy extra copies of the servant to up their NP; the ascension materials are often, but not always, gained through the event's story or other requirements.

A couple of events even have a drawbox-type loot system (those of you who've played Granblue Fantasy will be familiar with this), where you farm event tickets which are used to roll in a finite-loot gacha box. You're guaranteed to get all the mats/QP/prisms once you empty the box, but you might hit all the loot you're looking for halfway through the box, and can reset it and roll in a fresh one.
OK. Again it's probably one of those things that will make perfect sense how to balance it all once said events get underway. If those events really are the only way to powerup those extra servants then obviously it makes the most sense to take advantage of that time to do so, but anything at all to alleviate the insanity of grinding monuments is something I would want to do almost equally. I guess my hope is that you wind up maxing out the NP super early and if you're on the ball can use the remaining time to get tons of monuments.