Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

Kaep People love watching colored people scramble their brains but once one of them gets uppity, they pull the "respect the troops card!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Kaep People

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Trent Dilfer Just because that line of defense of "I didn't use my platform to help talk out against trafficking because it would hurt the team" is loving stupid.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Kaep people

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah I'll give Dilfer another vote because he is a Kaep Person. On top of everything else Trent Dilfer.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Trent Dilfer Not just for being a subset of Kaep people, but because he not only intentionally chose to not speak out about human suffering, he essentially bragged about not doing so to state that he was a team loyal player.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Zerilan posted:

Trent Dilfer Not just for being a subset of Kaep people, but because he not only intentionally chose to not speak out about human suffering, he essentially bragged about not doing so to state that he was a team loyal player.

Pretty much this.

Also, Trent was a lovely QB, unlike Kaep.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Like there is a lot of really dumb and gross poo poo that the entries this year have done, but someone treating "ignoring human trafficking" as a badge of loving honor is like the only one I recoiled in disgust at reading.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Trent Dilfer is a Kaep person and a proud shithead outside of that.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Zerilan posted:

Like there is a lot of really dumb and gross poo poo that the entries this year have done, but someone treating "ignoring human trafficking" as a badge of loving honor is like the only one I recoiled in disgust at reading.

That's actually a really good point, I missed that completely.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i've decided to alter my vote to T. dilfer because i voted for him in round 1 and am feeling nostalgic

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I am really burnt out on Trent Dilfer even though he was a fair nomination and this was the year of idiots saying stupid things about Kaep, so it seems fair to go with the spirit of the times.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

WampaLord posted:

God, I know, this one is super hard for me too. Are we allowed to take past events into account, or do we just judge them based on what happened in the last year?

According to the rules, the douchebag of the year contest is just for this past year's douchebaggery. However, I cannot control your mind, and will only discount a vote (and say so) if you blatantly state you're voting for a reason that is outside the qualifications.

After an initial surge, this vote is quite close. Currently kaep troops people 24 - dilfer 21.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I then am forced to vote for Trent Dilfer. My reasoning being, the Kaep troop people are obviously awful, but they would be equally awful about any number of subjects and will continue to be awful in the future when the next big "thing" like this happens.

However, Trent Dilfer was given a loving platform and an audience and chose to poo poo out his ignorant rear end hot takes all over them. gently caress Trent Dilfer.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Trent Dilfer looks like a talking scrotum, and also has bad opinions about everything.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Gonna vote for Kaep People because gently caress the "are troops!" crowd.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Trent Dilfer sucks and looks like a penis.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

The Kaep People are the obvious choice, because Dilfer is one of them. Also, he's unemployed, and while most of the Kaep People are too, some of them still have jobs.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

We're going the full 2 days on this one: it's tied again, 30-30.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Trent Dilfer

He is Kaep people personified.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Trent Dilfer because, well, Trent Dilfer.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I'm afraid I have to count this as a one-point vote due to tautological thinking.

there's a little under two hours remaining in this vote folks

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I'm going with Kaep haters only because it gave everyone from coworkers to family the chance to be a prime douche

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

currently dilfer 34 to kaep 33

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I'm going with Kaep haters because they continue to revel in and brag about keeping Kaep out of a job. I haven't heard from Dilfer in a while and expect that will continue to be the case.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm going with Kaep haters for the same reason as the guy above me.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Kaep haters as personal experience makes it quite clear just how stupidly bent out of shape they get out of something so petty.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I'm not sure I've ever heard Trent Dilfer say something insightful. He and Clay Travis can be avatars for the Kaepernick haters club if he advances.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Trent Dilfer is a Kaep hater, so advancing him advances Kaep haters as well.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'd totally forgotten about it until someone brought it up here but the whole "I was really passionate about fighting childhood slavery but because I was a backup quarterback I could not speak out about it" thing is the most amazing Dilferism.

I'm sure it would have torn the locker room apart, with all of the pro-human trafficking people hanging around the NFL.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

We're tied, 40-40. The next vote breaks the tie.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Kaep haters

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Metapod's first post in the thread is the tiebreakder. Everyone who insisted Kaep insulted the troops beats Trent Dilfer, 41-40. If you wanted Dilfer to win, you should have voted harder, you lasy rear end in a top hat.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Brock Osweiler vs. Mark Davis

Leperflesh posted:

Brock Osweiler
Brock Alan Osweiler (born November 22, 1990) is an American football quarterback for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League. He previously played for the Denver Broncos and the Houston Texans. Osweiler played college football at Arizona State University and was drafted by the Broncos in the second round of the 2012 NFL Draft.

Intruder posted:

Brock Osweiler for thinking he's an NFL QB

I think Steve Smith summed things up nicely in this article published after the first round of the 2017 draft:

quote:

Shocker: NFL Network's Steve Smith has an opinion.

"Anybody is better than Brock Osweiler," the former Panthers and Ravens wide receiver espoused on NFL Draft Kickoff. "He sure does (have a winning record). That's why Houston got rid of him. ... They gave him to Goodwill and Goodwill is trying to get rid of him.

"I'm not sold on (Kizer and Webb), but you don't have much going on. ... You've got to do something because if you don't, everybody's going to be unemployed. Somebody's got to throw to somebody."

We're not sure what's more hilarious: suggesting that a $72 million QB will absolutely be outplayed by a Day 2 rookie in 2017 or comparing the Cleveland Browns professional football organization to a shirt-swapping non-profit. The best part about Smith's assessment? It's fair advice that the Browns might just take on Friday night.

It's one thing to just not be good enough to make it in the NFL. But Osweiler is arguably the biggest bust in NFL history, at least in terms of the money. Just one season after writing a $72M contract, the Texans had to actually compensate the Browns just to take him off their hands, sending Cleveland a 2018 second round pick and their 2017 sixth round pick and receiving in exchange the Browns' 2017 fourth round pick.

sean10mm posted:

Osweiler and here is why:

quote:

“Osweiler, per the source, reacted negatively, telling O’Brien in the visiting coach’s office at Nissan Stadium in Nashville that he’s only playing Osweiler because O’Brien needs him.

At one point, it’s believed that Osweiler got up to walk away and O’Brien threw out an arm to stop him. That prompted Osweiler to act as if he were being ‘held hostage,’ a claim that he would repeat (per the source) in the days after the game.”

:saddowns: "Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Leperflesh posted:

Mark Davis
Mark Davis (born 1954 or 1955) is the principal owner and managing general partner of the Oakland Raiders of the National Football League.

seiferguy posted:

Also, Mark Davis for trying to act like a man of the people then screwing over Oakland and moving the Raiders to Vegas.

After years of negotiation with Oakland in which the City repeatedly refused to pony up a big pile of taxpayer money to fund a new stadium - which the Raiders desperately need, that's totally legit, the Oakland Colosseum is the oldest in the NFL and is lovely and falling apart and awful - Mark Davis decided to go ahead and take the piles of free money on offer by Las Vegas and move the Raiders there. Obviously moving the team sucks and it's generally the case that wealthy NFL owners could find financing if they wanted to build their goddamn stadium themselves, even if Davis isn't quite enough of a billionaire to fund the stadium out of his own pocket, probably. He was also not willing to sell part of his ownership and become a minority owner in order to work with the so-called "Lott Group" of investors led by Ronnie Lott in order to keep the team in Oakland.

As a business decision it's reasonable, but as seiferguy points out, it runs sharply counter to Davis' self-portrayal as a down-to-earth "man of the people" - a guy who hangs around at PF Changs, has a truly amazingly terrible haircut, enjoys blithely ignoring the pressures of the other NFL owners, and generally attempts to own his father's legacy as a maverick.

King Hong Kong posted:

Mark Davis because he somehow gets lauded by homers for having a few quirks that somehow excuse his actions, having a self-righteous but not at all consistent stance regarding domestic violence, and for being unscrupulous enough to take advantage of bad government in order to personally enrich himself.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

:argh: This is all your fault, rear end in a top hat, for not giving a different reason.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mark Davis

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Brock's case was flimsy at best. I'm going with Mark Davis for loving over a fanbase.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Brock is a goofball but Mark Davis hosed over the city of Oakland for, what, the third time now? Also that picture makes me cringe every time I see it.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Neither. You've pitted two men too stupid to be douchey against eachother. All Brock wants to do is be tall and all Mark wants to do is play office at the PF Changs bar.

You're all monsters.

e: Also, gently caress Metapod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
A team stealing owner trumps a bad QB who is a shithead.

Team stealing owners are human garbage and should jump to the douche final 4 by default. gently caress taking a team from its home city just because you aren't sufficiently grossly rich.

gently caress Mark Davis.

• Locked thread