Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

stone cold posted:

wrong, but good try

you can look in negrotown the thread, because tgrs, originally negrotown, was created when lowtax literally came into negrotown thread after demodding koalas march from d&d because he thought she did a racism according to his one black friend (she didn't) and asked two people if instead of a thread ghetto they would like a subforum ghetto

People were complaining Lowtax was racist in QCS and when he asked if they wanted a sub-forum named after their thread, they said yes...and later went ballistic when he realised it seemed kind of racist and might be in danger of reversing TGRS' existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

poptart_fairy posted:

People were complaining Lowtax was racist in QCS and when he asked if they wanted a sub-forum named after their thread, they said yes...and later went ballistic when he realised it seemed kind of racist and might be in danger of reversing TGRS' existence.

This is the opposite of what happened

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's how I remember things going down in QCS. If there was another conversation where the TGRS regulars wanted the forum closed despite wanting it in the first place, then :shrug:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

poo poo like this is why I'm so pissed about doxxing. I ended up on the wrong side of it once from a Chan and woke up to a bunch of screaming voicemails on my phone and weird messages on Tumblr. The funniest part was that they posted pictures of me in the thread and one person actually expressed surprise that I look like a normal dude instead of some Cheeto-stained fat dweeb.

And then a different group of people started loving with my wedding registry, which terrified my fiancee.

didn't you stalk chris chan

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nah, Frasier ruled. You were supposed to find the brothers a little off-putting and weird. Because they were. Also for a 90's show I think they handled trans issues and gay rights very well. I'm neither though, so who knows.

The joke of Frasier seems to be that while the Crane brothers think they're upper-crust snobs, what they actually are is gigantic nerds who picked opera, art and wine instead of Star Trek, anime and energy drinks.

They're also probably both on shitloads of self-prescribed pills.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

poptart_fairy posted:

you need to not use they when literally two people said yes when lowtax barreled in like a moron as im led to understand he does about every 18 months or so

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Just going by what I saw, buddy.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

poptart_fairy posted:

Just going by what I saw, buddy.

then your eyes are making things up

like, dumbass, quit talking out your rear end in a top hat

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

This is the opposite of what happened

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Maybe you can show me the big backlash TGRS' regulars had in response to the creation of the forum, then? As I said, all I remember from QCS is the people posting in there now asking for the forum when he brought up the idea, then getting defensive when Lowtax implied he'd go back on its creation.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Ah yes, noted bastion of totally serious suggestions and comments QCS, your most reliable source of forums current events

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If you don't like TGRS then don't post there. It works both if you think the place is a SJW infested hellscape or a racist ghetto created to keep POC away from the rest of the forums. No one has to post there. So don't. Simple solution to a simple problem.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kelp Me! posted:

Ah yes, noted bastion of totally serious suggestions and comments QCS, your most reliable source of forums current events

You know what would be a good current event source?

If we took D&D and merged it with GBS

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

exploded mummy posted:

You know what would be a good current event source?

If we took D&D and merged it with GBS

No good can come of this.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
As far as forum stories/sagas goes, the TGRS Sundown thing was pretty funny imo.

Iiirc, a list of undesirables were made, based on nothing other than who had been petty enough to vote a chat-thread that wasn't intended for them 1, and those people were then temporarily prevented in posting in TGRS for like a month, and then proceeded to post insane conspiracy theories and political manifestos about this great injustice.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Kelp Me! posted:

Or, you know, the moderator of the sub-forum in question. And man that was a pain in the rear end to find, Lowtax's posting history is ridiculous.

Just even on that page there are multiple people saying they wanted the sub-forum to stay, so.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I don't understand why we don't have a current events shitposting stadium, for shitposting about current events.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

VanSandman posted:

I don't understand why we don't have a current events shitposting stadium, for shitposting about current events.

That's usually GBS. Unless :jokes:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

poptart_fairy posted:

Or, you know, the moderator of the sub-forum in question. And man that was a pain in the rear end to find, Lowtax's posting history is ridiculous.

Just even on that page there are multiple people saying they wanted the sub-forum to stay, so.

I mean I'm glad you were able to cherry-pick a post from almost 150 pages into a thread but maybe you should look at what was going on in those 150 pages to get a general understanding of how much effort was involved in making TGRS something other than "FYAD for racist D&D outcasts"

Even the post you quoted mentions it in literally the first sentence:

Koalas March posted:

I love it now all the terrible rule breaking poo poo posts are gone. I think Blackguy32 would be a great IK to handle the night shift while I'm gone too, since everyone wants to come and troll here.

Some really great threads are just getting off the ground.

Grandmother of Five posted:

As far as forum stories/sagas goes, the TGRS Sundown thing was pretty funny imo.

Iiirc, a list of undesirables were made, based on nothing other than who had been petty enough to vote a chat-thread that wasn't intended for them 1, and those people were then temporarily prevented in posting in TGRS for like a month, and then proceeded to post insane conspiracy theories and political manifestos about this great injustice.

Careful mentioning this because there are seriously still people who are mad about this and will come out of the woodwork over it :v:

Solice Kirsk posted:

If you don't like TGRS then don't post there. It works both if you think the place is a SJW infested hellscape or a racist ghetto created to keep POC away from the rest of the forums. No one has to post there. So don't. Simple solution to a simple problem.

God damnit, but people need to know about how angry I am that POC posters get their own subforum!!!!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Kelp Me! posted:

Even the post you quoted mentions it in literally the first sentence:

"We would like the sub-forum you suggest" and "poo poo heads trolled the forum when it first started" are not mutually exclusive lines of thought.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

poptart_fairy posted:

It's how I remember things going down in QCS. If there was another conversation where the TGRS regulars wanted the forum closed despite wanting it in the first place, then :shrug:

You're a goobergorper

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Can you guys litigate this poo poo in a different thread?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't know, if we give it time to develop this could turn into another saga.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

I don't know, if we give it time to develop this could turn into another saga.

I changed my mind I really hope we solve the mystery of whether or not people complained online

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Weirds me out that the mere idea of people wanting TGRS to exist is controversial. Like, even after you pull away all the poo poo that surrounded it, you're left with a harmless sub-forum...but talking about it makes you a grimy alt right shithead/crybaby liburel sjw depending on who you're talking to. :iiam:

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

You're a goobergorper

Nah.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
There's a lot of assigned tones and made up ideas to make what happened fit whatever side you want. No one can talk about this subforum on a dying website without making up imaginary politics for people they disagree with.

The idea that lowtax lets someone have an entire subforum, which you only post in voluntarily, and people call it a ghetto or act like he forced minority posters to only post there (what some people said on Twitter) is dumb. Being given a subforum is a favor.

It's also dumb that you cannot make fun of the giant list of people who can't post without being called an alt right racist and be assigned the idea that you want to post there and upset you can't. Just watch. I'll be called one, even though I'm not on it. Many are the gbs shitpost squad silent majority avatars but that's not all.

No one has ever justified what I've seen of them, repeatedly banning a seemingly harmless poster Neuroliminal and saying that it shows that he was privileged when he told about growing up living in his car while happening to be white.

The subforum was basically demanded, because apparently somehow they felt that they were being punished in dnd for their race and needed their own forum to discuss racism. Theres now less than ten people ever posting in the subforum at once.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yep, that's just about the right amount of :words: to move on from this topic

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
There is enough room to talk about several things in the thread, friend.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I Said No posted:

It's pretty obvious what the author was going for but there was some commentary the author posted which boiled down to "Well I didn't say it was rape, if you think it's rape then maybe YOU'RE the rape fantasist :colbert:" which drives it up to TVtropes levels of contemptible.

Other posters would defend him and I absolutely hated feeling (at the time) like I couldn't post about how gross the story was without eating a probation/ban. What people seemed to ignore/forget was the same author had other entries about a demonic figure that seduced/raped women that was a black racist caricature, then doubled down with some additional story about an Asian trans one. Jack of Hearts or something like that. I hate that the additional repugnance stuck with me all these years because it means remembering that story.

Now I need to read about the cute orange slime and the plane that thinks it's a bird and Fred the self-insert. If only SCP were all like those.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

poptart_fairy posted:

What happened is that Lowtax said he wouldn't make Koalas March mod of DnD again (because the storm of complaints started over her 6er probations), but that he could create a subforum where she could do whatever, and she said yes. I don't think it was anybody's preferred outcome, but disappointing everybody is the foundation of a strong compromise.

steinrokkan has a new favorite as of 17:29 on Jul 12, 2017

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Welcome to the Something Awful Forums, where everyone's unhappy and the posts don't matter.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

FactsAreUseless posted:

Welcome to the Something Awful Forums, where everyone's unhappy and the posts don't matter.

This but with more booze is me all the time

irl I'm happy with my life

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Other posters would defend him and I absolutely hated feeling (at the time) like I couldn't post about how gross the story was without eating a probation/ban. What people seemed to ignore/forget was the same author had other entries about a demonic figure that seduced/raped women that was a black racist caricature, then doubled down with some additional story about an Asian trans one. Jack of Hearts or something like that. I hate that the additional repugnance stuck with me all these years because it means remembering that story.

Now I need to read about the cute orange slime and the plane that thinks it's a bird and Fred the self-insert. If only SCP were all like those.

TBH they're not always overtly sexual but I feel like a lot of SCP articles are basically secret fetish/brokebrains confessions. You can only read so many Fourth Stimpire-level-detailed descriptions of the various gruesome deaths related to the objects before you start to wonder about the mental state of the writer :gonk:

poptart_fairy posted:

There is enough room to talk about several things in the thread, friend.

The humorous aspects of the TGRS Saga have been discussed multiple times in this very thread as well as many others across subforums. If you have some juicy previously unknown info that makes it more hilarious by all means go for it, but if you're just trying to prolong this dumb slapfight about who was the most mad about TGRS please just start another QCS thread about it

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

So that's what happened :allears: It's beautiful, mod fuckery worthy of of SA's glory days

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008

I got curious and clicked the probation on your rap sheet that I figured it was about, and are you sure that the reason you were probated wasn't because it is insanely weird to contribute to calling people out as not being black or not being black enough? Maybe I clicked the wrong one, though.

Well, that particular poster likes to emphasize her own race and call people who argue with her a bunch of lily white bigots. Constantly. Including posters who turn out to be black. So, it's not so insane to mention race when that's in the conversation already. The only difference was my quoting from other threads, which was Helldumping.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

When I said "let's change the subject from people who are angry about TGRS" I didn't mean change it to "people who are angry about a specific poster in TGRS"

turn left thread :ohdear:

e: although I guess if someone actually compiled all the Tiny Bronto-induced meltdowns people have had that might be a pretty funny saga

e2:

Space Crabs posted:

as someone on the list who has never even been to TGRS i feel like you are kinda misrepresenting what happened. It was more just a weird hitlist that most people found out about after the fact. I was probably on it for mocking koalas march with images of white people playing tennis or arguing about how everyone she thought was racist wasn't actually racist since she was busting down and probating other minority posters if she didn't like their opinions.

Koalas March posted:

It was people who voted 1 on the original Negrotown thread.

Snow Cone Capone has a new favorite as of 18:13 on Jul 12, 2017

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

as someone on the list who has never even been to TGRS i feel like you are kinda misrepresenting what happened. It was more just a weird hitlist that most people found out about after the fact. I was probably on it for mocking koalas march with images of white people playing tennis or arguing about how everyone she thought was racist wasn't actually racist since she was busting down and probating other minority posters if she didn't like their opinions.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The constant litigation of that list owns

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
also did the guy who kept bottles of semen turn out to be fake?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Space Crabs posted:

also did the guy who kept bottles of semen turn out to be fake?

I hate that I have ask this but....which one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

I hate that I have ask this but....which one?

Not the cum vase saga, but the guy who supposedly kept plastic bottles under his bed of semen and his girlfriend found them or something? I don't remember if one exploded or not but it was so disgusting i still remember it a decade later. I never found out if it was fake or not.

I think he also posted about hitting on his mother?