Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Edit: went out of stock as I posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

PerrineClostermann posted:

What should I be aware of if I go with three sensors on my new Oculus? I've got a 2600k here on a P67 chipset.

The only possible thing I can think of its an older motherboard, so theres a chance the USB 3.0 controllers aren't up to actual usb 3.0 spec. That or maybe your motherboard doesn't have enough- for 3 sensors bare bones you need 2 usb 3.0 ports for the headset and one camera, and then you can run the other 2 cameras off usb 2.0. If you can run another off 3.0 vOv knock yourself out, but even the usb extension cable that comes packaged with the 3rd sensor is only 2.0 as they don't require them all running off 3.0 at all. If you don't have enough ports or something though, you'd probably want to pick up this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B6ZCNGM/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1UGJ8W1VBVAE9&colid=2S4QOJIOVDNDV

Other than that it depends how nuts you want to go on mounting stuff. The top of the sensors unscrewes and fits onto any standard 1/4" mount, so any tripod or 2 dollar camera wall mount works fine, screw in, suction cup, clip on ones, whatever. Due to the size of my room and position of my desk I picked up another usb 3.0 extension cable for my second sensor and I have the 3 of them in 3 corners up by the ceiling in my room. I also picked up a short 6' HDMI and USB 3.0 cable just to give myself more slack on the headset cable. Also this is a helpful little program https://www.wearvr.com/apps/desk-scene-check-your-camera-bounds its a small scene with a few modes to show the exact boundaries of what the sensors can see which I just found helped me to fine tune everything.

It's definitely easy to go from out of the box to a front facing setup with 2 sensors on the desk, but theres no denying setting up a proper room scale setup takes a little more work. Still, once its tuned you won't have to think about it again, and i get fantastic tracking across my whole space so I've got no complaints.

The other thing, is if you've got a small area, you can always give it a go with 2 sensors, set them up diagonally (I think oculus' official guide for 360 2 sensor setup is 8-9' apart for the sensors) and see if you need to bother with a 3rd. I used it that way for a long time back when I had a really small vr space and the only problems I had were related more to the awkward geometry of the room it was in and stuff that blocked one particular corner from one of the sensors.

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme
Also, be prepared for Oculus Home to constantly remind you that your CPU doesn't meet minimum spec. Although I think you can turn that off somehow...

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Ludicrous Gibs! posted:

Also, be prepared for Oculus Home to constantly remind you that your CPU doesn't meet minimum spec. Although I think you can turn that off somehow...

Yup, that would be this handy piece of software (that everyone should have): https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/47247/oculus-traytool-supersampling-profiles-hmd-disconnect-fixes-hopefully

It lets you close the oculus service when you're not using it, adjust ss globally, set ASW mode manually, spoof the CPU id, set debug overlays, and even replace one of the oculus home apps with a link to steamVR so you can jump right into steam from home without having to go to your desktop.

EDIT:

Parker Lewis posted:

Edit: went out of stock as I posted.

I don't understand amazon... how does a daily deal keep going in and out of stock? Either it should be in stock the whole day, or run out of stock at some point during the day and thats that. Not this weird on and off and on and off and on and off thing that happened all day long.

Tom Guycot fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jul 12, 2017

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

rage-saq posted:

This comes up a lot, but people don't really know what kind of pixel load current Tier1 (Vive/Rift) HMDs put on the GPU, because it is already quite a bit higher than the HMD resolution that the Oculus and SteamVR runtimes apply by default. See the chart below.

Both the Vive and the Rift apply a 1.4x supersampling by default to improve the image quality, which makes the effective GPU rendering load equivilant to 3024x1680. Many people will increase their supersampling level further than that to improve the image quality. In say Onward for example, a 1070 can handle about a 1.4x supersampling level (SteamVR has changed their supersampling number, so its important to focus on the effective pixels), which equates to 4233x2352 while people with a nice and shiny new 1080ti push about 1.9 superampling, which is 5745x3192.

Now, these numbers further confuse things because they are the "effective" resolution from 2x 1080x1200 resolution screens combining together stereoscopically to create one display at 110' fov. A good chunk of that 110' fov image is essentially the same image with an offset on the stereoscopic placement, of which there are some rendering efficiencies that can be achieved from that without even taking into account Pascals Simultaneous Multi-Projection feature which has a HUGE performance benefit over previous generation architectures in VR. AnandTech did a very detailed and excellent writeup of what this feature is and how it works that you can find here.

So that 5745x3192 pixel workload my 1080ti is running when playing Onward at 1.9x supersampling? With SMP it is probably more like 3700x3192 to the GPU, which its handling fine.

So what does this mean for next gen displays? Samsung is working on some new OLEDs specifically for VR, coming in at the same 3.5" display size that the Vive and Rift use right now, that are almost double the resolution at 2024x2200. The people running 1.4x supersampling are already pushing that kind of pixel load and handling it just fine. Just turn off supersampling and get the full benefit from the extra pixels!

Foveated HMD displays? Enh, I'll pass.

Quoting myself for the constantly recurring talk about WHAT ABOUT NEXT GEN HEADSETS? MY GPU!!! By the time Gen2 VR is out it wont be a big challenge for GPUs.

rage-saq fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jul 12, 2017

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Tom Guycot posted:

I don't understand amazon... how does a daily deal keep going in and out of stock? Either it should be in stock the whole day, or run out of stock at some point during the day and thats that. Not this weird on and off and on and off and on and off thing that happened all day long.

I'm not sure if this is what they meant but the bundle with the gift card went out of stock earlier, and now the bundle without gift card is 3rd party sellers only.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Zachack posted:

I'm not sure if this is what they meant but the bundle with the gift card went out of stock earlier, and now the bundle without gift card is 3rd party sellers only.

Maybe the quoted one was to be honest im not sure, but even the gift card bundle was in and out of stock all day for sure earlier.

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Cold hard science trumps ponies.

Fun Shoe

Tom Guycot posted:

I don't know what things you tried out, but it sounds like the problem would be eliminated if visually it didn't look like you were holding something l to throw. I think that builds up a lot of muscle memory and instinct on how an object should act, whereas having the spell look like a fire sling dangling from your hand instead of in it for example would make people not expect it to behave like a ball they're holding. Seems like that would be a simple solution to everyone that had trouble with it.

I definitely want to change the model at some point; what we have there now is something our artist whipped up on the quick/cheap just to have a model that wasn't our default brown cylinder. I had thought about it being an actual sling but (A) there isn't so much of a "revving up" motion to the throw, and (B) dangly things tend to look kinda janky; that can work, depending on your style/theme, but overall I'd like to avoid players feeling like they're holding a burning pair of truck nuts. I keep saying something inspired a jai alai cesta (http://imgur.com/a/MeDjP) would probably do the trick, but I've had a hard time convincing everyone else of that.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Correnth posted:

I definitely want to change the model at some point; what we have there now is something our artist whipped up on the quick/cheap just to have a model that wasn't our default brown cylinder. I had thought about it being an actual sling but (A) there isn't so much of a "revving up" motion to the throw, and (B) dangly things tend to look kinda janky; that can work, depending on your style/theme, but overall I'd like to avoid players feeling like they're holding a burning pair of truck nuts. I keep saying something inspired a jai alai cesta (http://imgur.com/a/MeDjP) would probably do the trick, but I've had a hard time convincing everyone else of that.

Lol, i'd play a wizard game that had you throwing truck nuts around :v:. Seriously though, I love the idea of some summoned firey jai alai dealy launching a fireball, that sounds really interesting visually and mechanically, and no one would expect it to behave like a ball. I've seen bows, balls, spears, disks, slingshots and more in VR, but I've never used anything yet in VR that was like one of those jai alai launchers.

I've never tried your game of course, but I feel like I'd be in the camp where it would be awkward to hold something in your virtual hand and for it not to behave how it looks. The Mage's Tale recently came out and the fireball is thrown like a ball, ice spear is thrown like a javelin, lightening is shot like a sort of emperor palpatine motion, etc. Thats all great, and i don't mind in the least using a spell in different ways, but if the fireball was thrown with the javelin motion, or the ice spear thrown like a ball, it would just be a really weird disconnect that probably wouldn't keep me from playing the game, but it would bother me. I guess, it just seems to me stuff should act how you'd expect it to act if its in any way like a real object. Obviously magic isn't but the concept of "throwing a ball" is so universal and ingrained in most of us that you just kind of expect it to act one way.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I love the jai alai take. It doesn't have to behave exactly like one mechanically because, frankly almost no one has ever used one in general, all that matters is they would know "This doesn't work like throwing a ball" and would naturally experiment and act differently until they get it down.

Tom Guycot fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jul 12, 2017

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Those of you playing GORN, you need to play it to this music and tell me if it isn't 2x better. Glorious, brutal combat set to heavy metal is the only way to play it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaXzcTrY0Vg

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
So I've been considering getting a 1080ti before too long. Has anyone here been paying attention to the gfx card arena is there something I should wait for coming out "soon" or anything? Any game changing technology coming out in the next 4-6 months? I'm gonna poke around the thread in SHSC too, but I was just wondering if anyone here had any info.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

AMD might have some stuff coming but none of it is going to knock the performance crown off of a 1080ti. Nvidia seems to run on around a 2 year cycle, so the next cards from them probably won't be showing up until next year some time.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
The next great thing is always just around the corner. If you wait for that you'll end up never buying PC hardware. That said, the graphics card market is a bit crazy at the moment, at least in America, due to (alternative) buttcoin mining. It doesn't seem to have affected the 1080ti much, but anything less than that is probably worth waiting a few months to buy, since the expectation is prices will drop hard when the miners offload their cards.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I may have broken my pinky playing GORN last night.

GORN is a good game.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Tom Guycot posted:

Yup, that would be this handy piece of software (that everyone should have): https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/47247/oculus-traytool-supersampling-profiles-hmd-disconnect-fixes-hopefully

It lets you close the oculus service when you're not using it, adjust ss globally, set ASW mode manually, spoof the CPU id, set debug overlays, and even replace one of the oculus home apps with a link to steamVR so you can jump right into steam from home without having to go to your desktop.
This is a real cool tool, thanks

you can now turn off that health and safety box from oculus options too. settings -> general -> rift and touch safety. Makes you watch a dumb video then you can turn it off

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
I'm conflicted, maybe someone can weigh in.

I luckily got one of the Oculus Rift + Touch + $100 Amazon gift card packages for $400 total. It ends up being charged as $300 for the Rift hardware, and $100 for the Amazon gift card. I shop Amazon a lot, so I have no doubt I'll use the $100 Amazon credit. In my view, this is getting a Rift + Touch for $300.

I thought I was getting a really great deal, since my Amazon account has a large enough gift card balance that I would actually end up paying $0 for the Rift hardware, but Amazon won't let me apply gift cards to the Rift hardware because it was bundled with the $100 Amazon card.

At first I thought this was a violation of the CARD act (and it may even still be), but it's in their gift card terms and conditions that if you buy even a 10 cent gift card with a $1000 of merchandise, you can't use a gift card to pay for any of the merchandise.

My basic conflict is, I'd hoped I'd be able to use my AZ gift cards to pay for it, but I can't, and AZ won't bend. The question then is, is this device worth $300 of my US dollars? I've read most of the thread and see people generally like it, but I'm worried that $300 will end up being an average deal given another month or two, and just by waiting a short time I might be able to get the deal I wanted by using gift cards.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
If you don't like it, you can just return it.

You'll never buy anything electronic if you're waiting for it to become cheaper or something better to come out. Gen2 is not expected until christmas next year, so you'll be waiting a year and a half. At least. I wouldn't expect the base price to drop to $300 before then unless VR is completely abandoned, in which case you probably don't want to buy it anyway.

If you do like it, you'll want a third sensor, and you probably will want the recommended usb card. You can use a gift card on those.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jul 12, 2017

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

bobfather posted:

My basic conflict is, I'd hoped I'd be able to use my AZ gift cards to pay for it, but I can't, and AZ won't bend. The question then is, is this device worth $300 of my US dollars? I've read most of the thread and see people generally like it, but I'm worried that $300 will end up being an average deal given another month or two, and just by waiting a short time I might be able to get the deal I wanted by using gift cards.

If you have to ask "is this device worth $300 of my US dollars" it's probably not worth it to you. While it's not going to be better as a deal in a matter of months, you're better off waiting for Gen 2 gear whenever that gets released.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
If you decide to balk would you consider making a deal with someone who missed the deal by a few minutes?

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Fight! For your kite! posted:

If you decide to balk would you consider making a deal with someone who missed the deal by a few minutes?

I definitely would consider it. I think I might like the headset, so I'm going to try it before I make my final decision.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've been hearing bad things about that 25 dollar USB card, especially because it has only one controller. Any personal experiences?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Gorn's just gotten touchpad/thumbstick locomotion which feels way, way better.

Now for some reason none of my weapons are showing up at the beginning of Endless Mode :smith:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Fight! For your kite! posted:

same

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

bobfather posted:

I'm conflicted, maybe someone can weigh in.

I luckily got one of the Oculus Rift + Touch + $100 Amazon gift card packages for $400 total. It ends up being charged as $300 for the Rift hardware, and $100 for the Amazon gift card. I shop Amazon a lot, so I have no doubt I'll use the $100 Amazon credit. In my view, this is getting a Rift + Touch for $300.

I thought I was getting a really great deal, since my Amazon account has a large enough gift card balance that I would actually end up paying $0 for the Rift hardware, but Amazon won't let me apply gift cards to the Rift hardware because it was bundled with the $100 Amazon card.

At first I thought this was a violation of the CARD act (and it may even still be), but it's in their gift card terms and conditions that if you buy even a 10 cent gift card with a $1000 of merchandise, you can't use a gift card to pay for any of the merchandise.

If you take the long view, "$300 gift card balance for Rift/Touch + $300 out of pocket for future Amazon purchases" vs. "$300 out of pocket for Rift/Touch + $300 gift card balance for future Amazon purchases" is still going to add up to $600 either way.

It's easy to return, so try it and send it back if you don't like it. I think it's a steal at $300.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

I've been hearing bad things about that 25 dollar USB card, especially because it has only one controller. Any personal experiences?

Its bad, a single controller is wholly insufficient for a rift setup with 2 sensors. They also tend to be using the low end crappy chipsets which are just a recipe for more problems. Get the expensive startech 4x4 controller or maybe the 2x4 controller if you really have some kind of problem with paying money to make a problem go away.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Okay folks, I have a PC hardware question. I have been having tracking/sensor issues and I suspected it was my USB ports, so I got an Inatek KTU3FR-4P PCI-E card. Has four USB 3.0 ports.

I'm still having problems. Is this not the same as replacing my USB "controller"? Should this have cleared up an issues my USB ports were causing? To add further confusion, when I do the Oculus setup it doesn't recognize all of these ports as USB 3.0. Any advice?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

AndrewP posted:

Okay folks, I have a PC hardware question. I have been having tracking/sensor issues and I suspected it was my USB ports, so I got an Inatek KTU3FR-4P PCI-E card. Has four USB 3.0 ports.

I'm still having problems. Is this not the same as replacing my USB "controller"? Should this have cleared up an issues my USB ports were causing? To add further confusion, when I do the Oculus setup it doesn't recognize all of these ports as USB 3.0. Any advice?

Make sure you get the updated driver off of their website: https://www.inateck.com/support/search/?q=KTU3FR-4P because the one that ships with windows is old.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Tom Guycot posted:

Because if it entirely sold out in the morning, it would be a lovely daily deal. They trickle them out so people can get it throughout the day.

bobfather posted:

This isn't a new price, it's just a sale. In 5-6 weeks, the Rift + Touch will be back to 500 dollars.

AndrewP posted:

You generally want one dedicated USB controller per USB 3 camera, and you want one camera to be on USB 2. If your onboard controller isn't actually borked, you should be able to plug one camera into onboard, one into the card, and if you have a third, plug it into USB 2. As long as the card you got is PCIe, and not just a card that has a cable that goes into a USB header on your board, it should have its own controller (or more, depending on what you bought).

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

You generally want one dedicated USB controller per USB 3 camera, and you want one camera to be on USB 2. If your onboard controller isn't actually borked, you should be able to plug one camera into onboard, one into the card, and if you have a third, plug it into USB 2. As long as the card you got is PCIe, and not just a card that has a cable that goes into a USB header on your board, it should have its own controller (or more, depending on what you bought).

Thanks, it's definitely PCIe. Not sure how many controllers it has.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Does the headset itself sharing a controller with a sensor produce any wonky effects?

Obviously I could just wait a week and find out myself with trial and error but now I'm curious.

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme

AndrewP posted:

Thanks, it's definitely PCIe. Not sure how many controllers it has.

If you download Debugging Tools for Windows, there's an app called "USBView" which will show you all your system's USB controllers and what's attached to each one. It was invaluable for me in sorting out my USB3 woes.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Songbearer posted:

Gorn's just gotten touchpad/thumbstick locomotion which feels way, way better.

Now for some reason none of my weapons are showing up at the beginning of Endless Mode :smith:

Hooray, it's now playable. I celebrated by punching my window, keyboard and wall.

It's worth noting though, that according to the dev, trackpad movement is still "objectively worse and will make people have a worse time in GORN in the long run." So while you no long feel nauseous, you should feel ashamed and defeated and not enjoy the game.

On another way more love-and-let-love note, the next theWaveVR event is on in a scant 5 hours and if you haven't checked any of them out I highly, highly recommend it. I stumbled upon the home cave DJ booth yesterday and daaamn. so cool.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

That card I linked is the one I own, and the one recommended by oculus. I haven't had 1 issue and I have the HMD and 1 sensor in the usb card, and another sensor in an onboard usb 3.0 port (my mobo only has 2 usb 3.0 ports built in anyways so I needed the card), and then the 3rd sensor is just in a 2.0 port.

Edit:

AndrewP posted:

In addition to what others have said about updated drivers, you may want to check your power settings to make sure usb suspend and stuff are off. I also would spread it out, so plug one sensor into your onboard, one into the card, and the try the hmd in either and see how it is. If you have the 3rd sensor and you're trying to plug it in to 3.0 ports as well, don't really bother, just use 2.0.

Tom Guycot fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 12, 2017

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Boxman posted:

Does the headset itself sharing a controller with a sensor produce any wonky effects?

Obviously I could just wait a week and find out myself with trial and error but now I'm curious.

It shouldn't no. "Wonky" effects with the controller almost always have to do with blocking the tracking from the controller with your body. If you have one sensor and turn around your body is now blocking the sensor from seeing the controller, thus, wonky. This is true on the Vive and Oculus.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Chadzok posted:

It's worth noting though, that according to the dev, trackpad movement is still "objectively worse and will make people have a worse time in GORN in the long run." So while you no long feel nauseous, you should feel ashamed and defeated and not enjoy the game.
I think people just need an easier way to get used to the movement system, maybe if there was a d-pad + armswing mode, it would be easier to get used to. When I played (only a little with the armswing movement), it was frustrating because it's hard to actually remember to do (at first), and you get stuck or move the wrong way or whatever. If I could fall back to the dpad, and use the armswing for quick movements, it might be ideal. VR is going to be about mixing what feels natural with game systems, so a movement system that is almost entirely unnatural (using arms to walk) is a bit of a VR no-no imho. Although VR is supposed to transport you into a different world, and if that world is one where you smash top-heavy thugs that basically walk with their arms anyway, well, your brain will get used to it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Hah. Well, a quick test shows that the USB extenders packed into the sensors are making them register as USB 2.0 rather than 3.0. These are the ones Oculus sent me. Guess that clears some of it up.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

AndrewP posted:

Hah. Well, a quick test shows that the USB extenders packed into the sensors are making them register as USB 2.0 rather than 3.0. These are the ones Oculus sent me. Guess that clears some of it up.

Yeah, they work fine as USB2 and put a bit less load on USB controllers compared to USB3, but in USB2 mode the sensors run in compressed mode which means the image quality the machine vision code has to work with is lower, and there is a bit of extra latency from the onboard sensor having to compress them before sending them down the wire.
With the right USB card and the right active USB3 extenders you can have 4 sensors and the rift all on USB3 and it works great.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
I saw a level 25 in echo arena last night

AgentF posted:

Those of you playing GORN, you need to play it to this music and tell me if it isn't 2x better. Glorious, brutal combat set to heavy metal is the only way to play it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaXzcTrY0Vg

Worrdd music is so huge in VR where you're moving your body as opposed to a sitdown game, it really stands out to me now when I try out a VR game that doesn't have good music to get you really going. The music loading up Robo Recall has me dancing immediately.

Also I tried The Unspoken for the free weekend and it's really well done, I like it. I just don't feel right spending $30 on the oculus store...we'll see what happens when Lone Echo comes out. Echo arena may be enough

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Technically a USB 3.0 controller should be able to support two USB 3.0 sensors and a third USB 2.0 sensor without issues, but it turns out some equipment is actually very terrible. That Inateck card should theoretically be able to run all 3 sensors in the recommended configuration (2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0), but there are QC problems and driver problems with those cards for some reason. My Inateck card personally works fine with no issues, but other people have problems until they RMA their cards.

The easiest solution is to grab that $80 USD card that guarantees a full USB controller per port. That is how you brute force compliance with money. You will have no issues running 4x sensors in USB 3.0 mode with that beast.

Nalin fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'm pretty sure my sensors and USB ports are all working correctly and I'm still getting graphical/tracking in my Oculus. Not sure which it is, I just know that every few seconds it stutters when I move my head. Wonder if it's my HMD. My neighbor actually has a Rift so I'm going to see if I can plug his in and get the same result.