Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stultus Maximus posted:

Allie/Stantis were going on about voting Gary Johnson. If there's one thing you can count on from Libertarian Party voters it's "both parties are exactly equal in their corruption and if you say one is worse that means you're a blind partisan, unlike brilliant independent minded libertarians like me"

Ugh I'm Facebook friends with a libertarian and he was completely insufferable leading up to the election... and then, the night of, he Facebook messaged me out of nowhere and we actually had a good conversation about politics and he revealed that he doesn't actually agree with most of the libertarian talking points, he's just a contrarian.

Not sure if that's better or worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Trogdos! posted:

i'm feeling hungry now

Between this and the David Brooks exotic Italian food column I am really in the mood for sandwiches.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Nice Eric Allie self-insert in panel 3.

Also, this is the weakest poo poo. Trump's White House is coming apart – and you do oppose the man, right, Stallie? – and the best these two mewing dorks can come up with is mb-b-b-b-b-b-but THE MEDIA.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Dunno, it usually seems to be "I like to say both parties are equally bad but I mysteriously find myself only criticizing Democrats and getting weirdly defensive every time a Republican is even tepidly questioned"

"Well yes but that's only to balance the biased media who only criticizes Republicans. You can hear Republicans criticized all day long, I'm providing balance."

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Feinne posted:

I mean it could be McAfee hoping Don had some coke in the house.

It would be interesting to have McAffee back has "Cybersecurity TZar".

But If we give him that position, it will be hard to uninstall him.

Tei fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 12, 2017

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Thanks. I guess it went out in the RNC's talking point list, because all the hacks seem to have jumped on it at once.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Rorus Raz is trending again on Imgur:

http://imgur.com/gallery/p80Kk

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Trogdos! posted:

i'm feeling hungry now

All that and no mention of cattle futures? You're slippin', Ben.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Tei posted:

:downsrim:

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Squashy Nipples posted:

Lmao

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Tei posted:

:golfclap: well done

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Squashy Nipples posted:

A rare instance where I agree with the imgur comments section.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

SwitchbladeKult posted:

A rare instance where I agree with the imgur comments section.

:same:

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Trump is the President, dumbass.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Thanks for the timely reminder
https://twitter.com/benkennedytv/status/885157198912991232

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Technowolf posted:

Trump is the President, dumbass.

:ssh: Look closely at panel #2

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Gen. Ripper posted:

:ssh: Look closely at panel #2

Oh, didn't realize it was an old one.

However, I stand by the fact that Stantis/Allie need to be reminded of this fact.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

"I can handle things!..I'm smart!!"

Having the vault door right by the front door doesn't strike me as prudent bankery.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

For possible historians trying to understand this time period: The above comic is not satire. Trump actually referred to Russia to defend one of his arguments doing literally the thing in the comic.
The part that is satire is Putin barechest, he do that rarelly.

He is more like kind of dorky in real person, I believe.

Tei fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 12, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Just a friendly reminder that thread darling Ted Rall is employed by Russian state-run media outlet Sputnik

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

"Whitewater?" "Travelgate?" What, no cattle futures?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

:agreed:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Yep!

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Tei posted:

For possible historians trying to understand this time period: The above comic is not satire. Trump actually referred to Russia to defend one of his arguments doing literally the thing in the comic.
The part that is satire is Putin barechest, he do that rarelly.

He is more like kind of dorky in real person, I believe.

Still thinking that learning Russian was a great idea, Merkel?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Sandpuppy posted:

Having the vault door right by the front door doesn't strike me as prudent bankery.

That's the decoy vault. You can tell because they've just painted it onto a flat wall.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Trogdos! posted:

i'm feeling hungry now

Low hanging fruit burger

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Sandpuppy posted:

It's not uncommon, or at least wasn't back in the day. The bank up the street from 1600 Penn had the vault just down a flight of stairs ~10 feet from the door.

edit: better source on the building. I play a lot of payday 2.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 12, 2017

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Speaking of shills...

Stevoblunt
Mar 12, 2008

Yes, the ten dollars I paid ten years ago really broke the bank. Why that's one dollar a year! Just to access a forum full of goons!

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

wow, so- wow. I knew the Don Jr leak was big, but- wow ok-

I've been subjecting myself to the workings of the RWM machine over, idk, like 20 years now- they're usually very VERY good at framing an issue in a way that forces Democrats into looking worse in their response, or forcing them into confirmation-by-negation-

But Ukraine/DNC?? Seems like a desperate argument that's so very easily responded to with "a staffer wanted information on Manafort- let's talk about Manafort, shall we?" Like they almost never leave themselves open to that kind of counter, its extremely sloppy coming from them

Today's wave of cartoons without a right-wing rhetorical focus confirms to me that they're either really badly tripped up by this, or that Roger Ailes was the keystone to the whole thing

Their arguments don't always do great in the long-run, but in the short-term news cycle field of play, they've more or less been in possession of the ball since the 80s-

no expectations either way as to whether the DNC will take the opportunity and hammer back on Manafort, but still: wow

Khmer_Ruse
Mar 31, 2010
All the right wing pundits are Garrison now.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Peanut Butler posted:

I've been subjecting myself to the workings of the RWM machine over, idk, like 20 years now- they're usually very VERY good at framing an issue in a way that forces Democrats into looking worse in their response, or forcing them into confirmation-by-negation-

But Ukraine/DNC?? Seems like a desperate argument that's so very easily responded to with "a staffer wanted information on Manafort- let's talk about Manafort, shall we?" Like they almost never leave themselves open to that kind of counter, its extremely sloppy coming from them

Today's wave of cartoons without a right-wing rhetorical focus confirms to me that they're either really badly tripped up by this, or that Roger Ailes was the keystone to the whole thing

Their arguments don't always do great in the long-run, but in the short-term news cycle field of play, they've more or less been in possession of the ball since the 80s-

no expectations either way as to whether the DNC will take the opportunity and hammer back on Manafort, but still: wow

I dunno, I think the right-wing realizes that facts matter less than they ever have before, so "When he himself is made of carbon??" is all the effort they need to muster to convince their base.

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.

Rincewinds posted:

Still thinking that learning Russian was a great idea, Merkel?

Actually, Putin speaks German.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the UK's EU divorce bill – Boris Johnson has suggested European leaders can ‘go whistle’ if they expect Britain to pay a divorce bill for withdrawing from the European Union"

Telegraph:

Independent:

May says she will help gig economy workers but fails to pledge new laws

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
MAC on... Fury as middle-class told to not pay builders in cash

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Peanut Butler posted:

The problem is that the base for this messaging is getting winnowed down more and more until all that's left are people that would likely kill themselves if asked to personally by Trump. There's not really any need left for cohesive, cognizant messaging because no one with a modicum of intelligence would believe it anyways, and the people left believing it are so stupid that you can just say "No he's actually smart and good also CLINTON" and thats all you need

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Lurdiak posted:

Part of me kinda wishes Hillary had died after November

you too?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

King Macron would go on to use that sword to behead union leaders

• Locked thread