Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

hakimashou posted:

This thread increasingly convinces me that Macron is the right man to lead France.

The antidote to the far right isn't the far left.

It literally was though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

I can't believe it. The thread championing Palestine is completely disregarding literally half of the 3rd largest continent in the world of Arabs and other minorities. Excellent work conflating Africa and race smh

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Man Musk posted:

The thread championing Palestine

that's every thread which isn't terrible

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

deadgoon posted:

that's every thread which isn't terrible

There was a prison break in Guyana and there were fires and escapes

The Kremlin is framing this as a challenge to authority, and the BBC as a spectacle

Two totally different world views 🤔🤔

REFERENCE

https://twitter.com/bbcworld/status/884639830365396992

https://twitter.com/rt_com/status/884423298070831105

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/884631123090960384

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Man Musk posted:

There was a prison break in Guyana and there were fires and escapes

The Kremlin is framing this as a challenge to authority, and the BBC as a spectacle

Two totally different world views 🤔🤔

REFERENCE

https://twitter.com/bbcworld/status/884639830365396992

https://twitter.com/rt_com/status/884423298070831105

should have waited for bastille day imo

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
that's the wrong guyana you idiots

French Guiana aka Guyane is not Guyana the country

Kurtofan has issued a correction as of 10:29 on Jul 11, 2017

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
What was the reason for French Guiana being the one major piece of the French Colonies that they ended up keeping anyway?

e; I guess the reason might be "nobody lives there"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Kainser posted:

What was the reason for French Guiana being the one major piece of the French Colonies that they ended up keeping anyway?

It has the spaceport.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

still laffing my rear end off that fallen hamprince is defending the racist and racism to the hilt."macron's just saying he's gonna help those poor africans who just can't figure civilization out!! that's woke af!!! :qq:"

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Condiv posted:

still laffing my rear end off that fallen hamprince is defending the racist and racism to the hilt."macron's just saying he's gonna help those poor africans who just can't figure civilization out!! that's woke af!!! :qq:"

the scenario u are making up in your head is not actually that funny, condiv

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Hamprince is like the fat kid who keeps saying he's big boned, except it's "Macron isn't racist, he's just Europeanist!"

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Hamprince is like the fat kid who keeps saying he's big boned, except it's "Macron isn't racist, he's just Europeanist!"

no, you're a pianist :mad:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it is extremely pragmatic to say that you won't help Africa because they chose to be poor

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I guess Macron did share some of his "complex thoughts" about it

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/ViewsFromtheRW/status/884842582446145537

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Kainser posted:

I think you mean "of France" that they ended up keeping, jeeze.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

You should see the Daily Stormer (far right/alt right blog or podcast or something)'s take on what Macron said. I don't even want to link or quote it because, obviously, it's racist as all hell, but they basically said "Macron's not being racist he's just talking common sense and everyone's triggered"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

*sincerely* Thanks for the news on the Daily Stormer

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
macron to revive one laptop per child, claims it will work this time for sure

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Taintrunner posted:

macron to revive one laptop per child, claims it will work this time for sure

I get why it's so appealing to these people but it will always take multiple children to make a laptop

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Gum posted:

I get why it's so appealing to these people but it will always take multiple children to make a laptop

that's only because """those""" kind of children that make the laptops are so uncivilized

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Shear Modulus posted:

that's only because """those""" kind of children that make the laptops are so uncivilized

it's not like french children are going to make the laptop any faster what with the union mandated smoke breaks and whatnot

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

*extremely french child voice* "Onh honh honh honh, ces minereaux de terres rares, c'est de la merde!" *takes swig of wine*

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Fallen Hamprince posted:

it's not like french children are going to make the laptop any faster what with the union mandated smoke breaks and whatnot

future hamprince, please come back and post this stirring defense of globalism again after macron has relegalized child labor in France in our timeline

Condiv has issued a correction as of 12:43 on Jul 12, 2017

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Has anyone ever considered that lots of people have unhealthy attitudes towards work.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

Has anyone ever considered that lots of people have unhealthy attitudes towards work.

I agree.

Lots of ppl think work is inherently good, so good that you should consider yourself lucky for having the "opportunity" to work and that this opportunity is more than enough compensation for your time and effort. This is at least part of the reason why you see states subsidizing the conversion of entry level work to internships at for-profit corporations.

I always hear talk of jobs but why not careers? And why do we never talk about what kind of jobs?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Condiv posted:

future hamprince, please come back and post this stirring defense of globalism again after macron has relegalized child labor in France in our timeline

that wouldn't make any sense, by that time there won't be any unions or smoke breaks left dumbass

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

bedpan posted:

I always hear talk of jobs but why not careers? And why do we never talk about what kind of jobs?

because then state job reports fall apart and smug liberals can't make jokes about the coal mining industry (which at least in idealized times provided benefits and compensation better than anything people in mining towns could get anywhere else) employing less people than Arby's

JOBS JOBS JOBS
https://twitter.com/ICU_Cathy/status/885114271012716545
JOBS! JOBS! JOBS!!!!!!

the bitcoin of weed has issued a correction as of 18:48 on Jul 12, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

they added jobs under obama too and my question is the same now as it was then: what kind of jobs? the answer is "terrible ones"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

get that OUT of my face posted:

they added jobs under obama too and my question is the same now as it was then: what kind of jobs? the answer is "terrible ones"

you ever wonder why uber's valuation is so high even though their labor model is clearly illegal? it won't be much longer :ssh:

and centrists are glad you'll be forced to pawn whatever possesions you have left to them for a chance to subsist.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
For real though, what Macron said wasn't wrong because he identified high fecundity as a problem, it was wrong because he misrepresented how demographic transition works. He has the cause and effect backwards. Countries don't become developed because people decide to stop having kids; people stop having kids because countries become developed, and they don't feel like they need 7-8 dice rolls just to be sure two of them to survive to adulthood. That's how it happened in every developed country with a stable or declining population, and folks aren't gonna just spontaneously stop having kids because Jupiter said it would be nice.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Jeb! Repetition posted:

For real though, what Macron said wasn't wrong because he identified high fecundity as a problem, it was wrong because he misrepresented how demographic transition works. He has the cause and effect backwards. Countries don't become developed because people decide to stop having kids; people stop having kids because countries become developed, and they don't feel like they need 7-8 dice rolls just to be sure two of them to survive to adulthood. That's how it happened in every developed country with a stable or declining population, and folks aren't gonna just spontaneously stop having kids because Jupiter said it would be nice.

yesh what he said wasnt racist, but it was loving useless. just a bunch of neoliberal platitudes that dont mean anything, while at the same time failing completely to address the horrible things europe did to africa, specially france who spent the latter half of the 20th century loving african countries up for no good reason. i mean jesus christ as recently as the ugandan genocide france was doing awful poo poo like backing up the genodicing militias and at one point even fighting the forces working to liberate uganda. what was missing from that horrid speec is any sort of reconigzition for the enormous debt the west owes africa. no instead its all about how its their fault and they should solve it

meanwhile corbyn actually does it right because unlike neoliberalism who was no solutions for anything and no intention of helping anyone, leftism has actual ways to address and try to solve the problem

babypolis has issued a correction as of 00:30 on Jul 13, 2017

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Wasn't it an off the cuff remark to some random reporter at a summit?

Can Macron really be doing that badly if the 'opposition' to him is this mountain out of a molehill pissantry minutia ankle biting?

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/guardianus/status/885367994637049856

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

sounds like my usual dates

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

more mountains for hakimashou and hamprince to try to make molehills of! :lol:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kurtofan posted:

sounds like my usual dates
draw me like one of your french tanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds