Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Seven guys in a half of a duplex splitting rent is a good look when distilled into only numbers
5 houses, 7 guys each, each make 15k.
Street makes a median household income of 100k.

Ripe for gentrification. Taxes go up due to regional household income
Starbucks, Whole foods, and Panera all move in.

5 houses, 7 guys each, each make 23k due to higher paying jobs.
Street makes median household income of 150k.

Ripe for gentrification. Taxes go up due to regional household income and business profitability.
Landlord sells houses

5 Houses, 2.75 adults each
Street makes median household income of 112k

I call it The Aristocrats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
you have to file your returns together or be a dependent to qualify as a household lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

MizPiz posted:

It's basically the liberal version of "The Left wants to make your daughters marry black men and make your sons into women then marry black men."

yeah totally no difference there

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

one side explicitly wants all non whites to die, the other thinks the first side are dumb

i guess we'll never know who's right

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I don't want them to die, but if they want to scorched Earth themselves to death I'll be happy or the reduced competition

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

fits my needs posted:

Goes a long way in Maine
1) Ya missed the point

2) Depends where you live in Maine. Southern Maine around Portland and close to NH/Mass is expensive to live, like any other urban area.
Rural areas costs shift from rent and property taxes to fuel, heat, and other amenities. While 50k is a large number in rural areas, making even remotely that close of a wage is some sort of unattainable fantasy.

3) The point wasn't anything about Maine

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Yinlock posted:

one side explicitly wants all non whites to die, the other thinks the first side are dumb

if i had a nickel for every time i saw "i lust for rural white death" or a variant of it in this forum id have
a few dollars

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

no

noooooooooooooooooooooo

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

anime was right posted:

you have to file your returns together or be a dependent to qualify as a household lol

Lol true.
With a bunch of big families that scenario could happen for those with children under 26.
Usually it's with higher wages and less children.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

it only comes out of the stone if you whisper the sacred chant

"when will black people get over slavery"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

King Macron would go on to use that sword to behead union leaders

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Haha at least it didn't show him successfully pulling it.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Yinlock posted:

The error people keep trying to point out is that people seem to have convinced themselves that everyone who doesn't live in one of like 4 american big cities is a virulent, boiling racist who's hoarding guns and is just looking for a chance to shoot someone who looks just a little different than them.

This isn't true. This is the same fiction that is peddled by the right, that every city has a teeming criminal underbelly that is just waiting to murder everyone who isn't used to seeing skyscrapers when they wake up. It's a stupid, and quite frankly, very cowardly, way of looking at the world.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Yinlock posted:

Yea that certainly describes the "other side". Literal calls for Genocide, from EVERYONE who isn't you.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Yea that certainly describes the "other side". Literal calls for Genocide, from EVERYONE who isn't you.

powercrazy

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

zegermans posted:

powercrazy
ZEGER-mans

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ThndrShk2k posted:

ZEGER-mans

Thundershart

Serf
May 5, 2011

maybe ross douthat was onto something when he said liberals want a monarch

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Hey guys I'm an enlightened liberal who is deathly afraid of the majority of people in my country, I've classified them as an "other" and I am 100% convinced that they want to kill me, specifically. I'm the extremely smart and intelligent adult in the room. By the way all loving rurals should loving hang. Yea I'm pretty woke.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hey guys I'm an enlightened liberal who is deathly afraid of the majority of people in my country, I've classified them as an "other" and I am 100% convinced that they want to kill me, specifically. I'm the extremely smart and intelligent adult in the room. By the way all loving rurals should loving hang. Yea I'm pretty woke.

Now we're talking! :votegop:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

why are awful people consistently the hill you want to die on

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

have u heard about the #resistance?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
they're all bad hombres, op

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

Call me old-fashioned but I don't think advocating for the death of poor people is a progressive thing even if some of them are "awful" people.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Serf
May 5, 2011

i've lived around rural poor people my whole life, and i am a rural poor person. not only is it like a 60-40 split white vs. poc, i've found that most people will say some racist bullshit but will back off of it when they get confronted over it. i'm not saying they'll change their minds, but i think there's a lot of room for anti-racist ideology to grow among folks. also i think most people would favor relief over continual ratfucking just because people are often selfish enough that they won't care if somebody else gets helped along the way.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Frijolero posted:

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/758843101024624640

holy poo poo lol

I must've missed this last year

No, More war!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Call me old-fashioned but I don't think advocating for the death of poor people is a progressive thing even if some of them are "awful" people.

I just like venting online because I'm stuck in the chiddiest state

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
the focus on 'rural poor' as the agents of reaction is misguided anyway

problem is suburban fygm shitheads with suvs

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grondoth posted:

The error people keep trying to point out is that people seem to have convinced themselves that everyone who doesn't live in one of like 4 american big cities is a virulent, boiling racist who's hoarding guns and is just looking for a chance to shoot someone who looks just a little different than them.

This isn't true. This is the same fiction that is peddled by the right, that every city has a teeming criminal underbelly that is just waiting to murder everyone who isn't used to seeing skyscrapers when they wake up. It's a stupid, and quite frankly, very cowardly, way of looking at the world.

~*~ Culture Wars ~*~

Turns out Liberals love themselves some bullshit tribalist rah-rah too.

:same:

Serf
May 5, 2011

i mean my neighbors are my cousins, and they have a giant house, tons of land, a swimming pool and every one of them has a big truck or a nice car because they made lots of cash logging and trucking. they're racist republican assholes to a one and no one will ever talk them out of it. meanwhile we can barely pay our bills and struggle to keep up on poo poo like food and car maintenance to get to work

there are a lot more people like me than there are people like them

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jesus gently caress i can't even interpret this in a way that would make this A Good Cartoon.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
This sums up the dumb overpopulation debate that was had earlier:

https://twitter.com/ayylmaoism/status/885141910066802689

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

...agreeing with you is strange and uncomfortable and I don't like it.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

It's gotten pretty tiresome lol, after nov 8th I was like alright let people vent but it's still goin on.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

jesus gently caress i can't even interpret this in a way that would make this A Good Cartoon.

As a Frenchman, Macron would be Lancelot here. He's going to spark a war that ends the Free World as we know it.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Homeless Friend posted:

It's gotten pretty tiresome lol, after nov 8th I was like alright let people vent but it's still goin on.

This is the suck zone, endlessly rehashing the same unhelpful garbage is what we do here.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Serf posted:

i read the part where 89k is the median for a college graduate and almost poo poo myself

what the gently caress

Yeah that's higher than I was expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

zegermans posted:

:ironicat:

• Locked thread