Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .

D.N. Nation posted:

Here's a compilation of SEC media guides for 2017.

Missouri 2017: "gently caress it."

I like how it's pretty easy to just assume Arkansas grads just can't spell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
It's 100 years old as of this season. The UW Athletic Department has been doing a cool feature where they post an article a day counting down to the season opener commemorating a person or group that's part of Camp Randall's history. It only took 10 days for the one about a drunk fan on field.
They've really leaned in to the historical preservation, rather than modern updates like Lambeau's atrium. Aside from some jammed concourses during halftime and no beer sales it's a great place.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Coco13 posted:

It's 100 years old as of this season. The UW Athletic Department has been doing a cool feature where they post an article a day counting down to the season opener commemorating a person or group that's part of Camp Randall's history. It only took 10 days for the one about a drunk fan on field.
They've really leaned in to the historical preservation, rather than modern updates like Lambeau's atrium. Aside from some jammed concourses during halftime and no beer sales it's a great place.

Excited to go there for a game this season. Big Ten scheduling is bad.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Bert

quote:

Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said shortly after the birth of his daughter on Saturday, he was walking out of restaurant after getting some food for his wife Jen.

He looked at his cellphone and was surprised to see SEC commissioner Greg Sankey's name.

Bielema thought it was great the commissioner had called him: "This is pretty cool, the commissioner is Face Timing me, that's pretty unique!''

Sankey's response: "Why are you calling me?''

Bielema: "Oh, I'm sorry. I must have butt-dialed you.''

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Greg Sankey kind of sounds like an rear end in a top hat

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Mr. World posted:

I like how it's pretty easy to just assume Arkansas grads just can't spell.
It took me forever to figure out what the obscured letter was.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Henchman of Santa posted:

So my friends and I have been working for a while on a podcast about Big Ten football. After dealing with some technical issues and a rough editing process we finally got episode 1 out! We're going through each program and talking a bit about their history, our predictions for this season and our general opinions on them, starting with Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State. I'm the first voice you hear.
https://soundcloud.com/bigdumbten

Any constructive criticism is gladly appreciated (besides "you guys talk over each other too much." We're well aware of it). I'll definitely be scouring TFF for content this season.

We also have a Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BigDumbTen

Do you guys have a Michigan fan who condescendingly looks at Michigan State as a lesser rival than most other Big Ten teams already

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

Do you guys have a Michigan fan who condescendingly looks at Michigan State as a lesser rival than most other Big Ten teams already

We definitely have Michigan fans that we'd like to bring on but I don't know many true Michigan Men. Like our most likely options went to Wooster or Cincinnati.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hahahaha

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Any idea where I can get schedule posters? (team or conference) I picked up a big 10, but would like to get the rest of the P5 (or at least big12 and sec) for the office.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

blugu64 posted:

Any idea where I can get schedule posters? (team or conference) I picked up a big 10, but would like to get the rest of the P5 (or at least big12 and sec) for the office.

Conference websites perhaps?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

blugu64 posted:

Teams usually have them. I got some of those from Michigan.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I must just be googling the wrong keywords, thanks

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

blugu64 posted:

I must just be googling the wrong keywords, thanks

Ask for college ticket offices.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I don't understand how that first sentence you quoted got published on ESPN. It's making me :psypop:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I looked at a calendar, and there's less than 47 days until Week Zero. FEATURING:

-A game in Australia!
-More FCS teams on ESPN proper (3) than the CBS Sports Network (0)!
-Hawaii at Massachusetts, a game without a time/network!

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

AsInHowe posted:

Excited to go there for a game this season. Big Ten scheduling is bad.

Michigan, I'm assuming? It's been 8 loving years and 3 new conference opponents since the last game. I've seen as many Michigan games at Camp Randall as Nebraska games.
Drop me a PM if you want any advice for Madison on gameday.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Turned on SECN, end of UF-Tenn is on, Verne starts telling a story about Walter Chronkite proclaiming Knoxville the "streaking capital of the world".

He sucks but this season will still sound weird without him.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/YahooDrS...860352726523904

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Human turnip Jim McElwain.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm very excited about going to my first college football game of any kind in seven years. Plus I've never seen Nebraska play before, so too bad this isn't 1994-1997.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

idk dude maybe you should've thought about that before you hosed a shark

I can't wait to see the Gameday signs.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm probably going to a Northwestern game for the first time this season

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm probably going to a Northwestern game for the first time this season

And idea which one? I was thinking of going to one just because I'm so close but no one I know here is willing to see a Northwestern game.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

And idea which one? I was thinking of going to one just because I'm so close but no one I know here is willing to see a Northwestern game.

When MSU is in town. My dad has talked about coming down for it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm really trying to get up to the Oregon/Nebraska game, but Autzen is surcharging the hell out of the tickets and not selling them single-game (only in mini plans).

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

McElwain totally hosed that shark

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Declan MacManus posted:

I know he probably didn't actually gently caress a shark, but every time he talks about the possible shark loving it makes me lean a little more toward....yeah he hosed that shark.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Crotch Bat posted:

Human turnip Jim McElwain.

No sunscreen when he's out on that boat :pervert:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

I have been convinced that he didn't gently caress that specific shark but am even more convinced that he fucks other sharks

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/si_ncaafb/status/884871517628223488

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Too bad there's no dogfighting hall of fame.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Too bad there's no dogfighting hall of fame.

Clearly you don't know the right people

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

dang why'd they wait so long to induct Bruce Smith

*scrolls*

oh

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Hate that I never was around to see Bruce play for VT.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

all-Rush mixtape posted:

I looked at a calendar, and there's less than 47 days until Week Zero. FEATURING:

-A game in Australia!

Thinking about going to that, fwiw.

Is it me, am I part of the problem?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Turned on SECN, end of UF-Tenn is on, Verne starts telling a story about Walter Chronkite proclaiming Knoxville the "streaking capital of the world".

He sucks but this season will still sound weird without him.

verne owns b1tch

Also Knoxville is my second favorite second city.

an adult beverage fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 12, 2017

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

an adult beverage posted:

verne owns b1tch

Also Knoxville is my second favorite second city.

I hope your favorite second city has John Candy, Eugene Levy, and Catherine O'Hara in it.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Crotch Bat posted:

Hate that I never was around to see Bruce play for VT.

That is what makes YouTube absolutely amazing for college sports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
https://twitter.com/MarkPacker/status/885219185219043328

• Locked thread